Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Volte posted:

Is there some trick to making Tunic not feel just demoralizingly punishing without just turning on god mode or whatever? I got to a part where you have to get past some alligator things (along with some flying laser enemies that come out of the wall, for reference) which are easy enough to face by themselves, but there's one spot where multiple ones aggro simultaneously and it feels like it's not even possible to avoid death once that happens. I've probably made like 40 attempts over the course of a couple of weeks and not come close to doing it. I've beaten Sekiro without dying, but these motherfuckers are on another level. They run and attack too fast to run away (and seemingly chase you forever anyway, even if you could get away), they attack out of phase which each other so there's no opening for attacking, even blocking with the shield doesn't seem viable because I run out of stamina so quickly and half the time the angle isn't quite right so the block fails anyway. And I can only take like two or three hits from them before dying.

The game seems up my alley in theory but this is a brick wall and the level of punishing difficulty just seems totally at odds with the frankly undercooked combat system and ostensibly exploration oriented game design.

I know that place, it's where I ended up turning on the god mode :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I bought Forza Horizon Ultimate, had a good time for 3 hours and then after I got to autumn and unlocked most of the features it started crashing/freezing all the time...
Apparently it started crashing with certain Nvidia drivers and it's still happening with the latest. It's been nearly 3 months since it started crashing and no word from either developers or Nvidia about actually getting it fixed.
I could downgrade my drivers, maybe I will...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1293830/discussions/0/5551280551725589295/

Sininu fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 18, 2023

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

What's the #1 wishlisted game? Where do I see those stats?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

deep dish peat moss posted:

Don't worry, those are still there!

note: Despite what this says, I have never "completed" a single game on Steam or got every achivement for a game, so those stats are untrustworthy at best

You can just click on the number and it tells you that the one perfect game you have has one achievement for just launching the game.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Flair posted:

Do you have any games that have no achievements? That might explain the percentage.

Games without achievements are not counted for those stats.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

They're doing a Steam Deck sale :o

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

repiv posted:

10% off all variants, neat

how about a sale on the nearly 4 year old index valve

Yeah, it was really surprising to see a sale on SD when they have never done it for Index

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Ori and the Blind Forest had its base price set to 5 two years ago in most stores including Steam. With this sale they set the price back to 20 on Steam, but nowhere else. Weird

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Netrunner posted:

The base price is $20 on Xbox, Switch and GOG. If you were seeing a $5 price before the sale was that not because you are eligible for an upgrade from the original version before the Definitive release?
No, it's not an upgrade
Check a look at the price history

Even Microsoft store had its base price adjusted to 5, it also looks like they adjusted it back to 20 last month alongside Steam and GMG.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 19, 2023

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Netrunner posted:

That’s very weird. I remember it being on sale for $4.99 each time I looked and didn’t see it go any lower. If the base price was $4.99 the whole time wouldn’t sales have pushed it lower?

Yeah it had sales of like 20% off on some key resellers, but it didn't go on sale on Steam during the time it was 5.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

The Kins posted:

Counter-Strike 2 enters limited test today, with a full release this summer as a free update/replacement for CS:GO, adding a new game engine with better smokes, sub-tick netcode, and upgraded/rebuilt maps. Oh, and mapping tools that aren't based on loving Worldcraft for Windows 95. That's a bonus.

I really want to learn more about the new netcode because it's something completely new to games and I don't understand it.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Hopefully they'll hand it over to Nixxes now and they'll fix it up like it was done with Horizon Zero Dawn. IIRC that one was handed over to some other team after release who over few months managed to fix it.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is there any way to take a screenshot of the steam dashboard? Not in game. I reached a milestone time on a game and want to take a picture of it. I know I can just use printscreen but I feel having it on my steam account would mean it'd be easier to not lose. I don't think there is a way :(

You can upload it as an artwork like I did with hax accusations when I played multiplayer shooters.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

You just print screen it and paste it in mspaint?
I'm not fully sure what you're asking, you can save a screenshot that way if you rarely take them, but I personally use ShareX utility for screenies. I can even marquee select an area to screenshot if I want. There is also a Snipping Tool included with Windows which probably is pretty good. I would recommend trying that out.

For uploading to Steam as an artwork you have to go to your artworks page, there will be upload artwork button there.
Artwork is one of the tabs here:

Sininu fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 29, 2023

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

secretly best girl posted:

Something not mentioned in this post: skinning the client seems to be dead, the choice is gone from all the UI and it boots you out of anything you try to load

Oh ffs.
End of the era truly. I no longer use anything that supports custom skins. :(

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Does anyone know how Steam Family Share picks which account to use for a game if multiple people are sharing that game to you?
I have bunch of friends sharing their libraries with me and often when somebody gets a new game the Family Share decides I get that game from their library instead. Usually it doesn't matter, but it's quite annoying when it decides a game should move to a person who's currently addicted to idle games.
I wish I could just pick whose library I get a game from.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Sininu posted:

Does anyone know how Steam Family Share picks which account to use for a game if multiple people are sharing that game to you?
I have bunch of friends sharing their libraries with me and often when somebody gets a new game the Family Share decides I get that game from their library instead. Usually it doesn't matter, but it's quite annoying when it decides a game should move to a person who's currently addicted to idle games.
I wish I could just pick whose library I get a game from.

Reposting from bottom of the page

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Perestroika posted:

A somewhat random observation: What's the deal with borderless windowed display mode seemingly becoming less common recently? It used to be that for a while borderless was the default for just about any game, as is right and proper. But in the last few months I've come across a surprising number of games (most recently Stranded and JA3) that only have either exclusive fullscreen or bordered window available. I kinda assumed this would be a solved problem to the point of being available by default on commonly used game engines. Has there been some recent change that would make implementing borderless more difficult, or is it just a coincidence that I keep runingn across games that don't bother?

I think it's excusive fullscreen becoming extinct and developers just naming borderless to simply fullscreen. In modern Windows exclusive fullscreen is secretly a borderless window anyway most of the time.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

GreatGreen posted:

"Well obviously these low numbers for this port means nobody will want ports of Ghost of Tsushima or Demon's Souls either. Better cancel them."

I'm legitimately afraid of something like this happening

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Phigs posted:

I guess I don't understand the problem. I don't know why you'd want to play a co-op game when your co-op partner isn't there.

Yeah same, I think it's rather disrespectful to go through the content, especially story bits without your co-op partner.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

redreader posted:

"but you can assign controllers to each player with the interface!" that does nothing! it sucks!

Yeah, this sucks a lot. It takes me like 3-6 tries before it accepts that I want to change controllers around.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

redreader posted:

While we're on the topic: is there any software that allows 'remote local play' but is not steam, and works better? I assume no, but it's worth asking. I see one vote for playstation already. Is there anything on PC?

Parsec, but it's surprisingly buggy as gently caress. When it works it works great, but the issues it has are bizarre considering it's a program with nowhere as wide scope as Steam.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

So I'm playing Brütal Legend for the first time and I reached the first real RTS mission where I have most of the mechanics and I'm so frustrated. My units just stand around in the spawn doing nothing even though I have attack orders active. How the heck do I control my units here??? There's no indication when they are ready, no indication of their health, what they're doing, nothing. What a lovely interface an RTS-like. I enjoy actual RTS games, but this just isn't it.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 31, 2023

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I am just waiting for someone to realize they can create an automated thing to constantly uninstall and reinstall a game over and over to force developers over the 200,000 mark no matter what.

Or not even install anything after first few times by figuring out the packets Unity sends home for installs and just repeatedly send those from different IP addresses.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

huge missed opportunity not to have a points shop item that makes your profile page look like OldSteam like the front page does currently

https://store.steampowered.com/points/shop/c/profilebundles/reward/121188 not quite as close as the current front page though.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

If you've never played Halo at all, Halo 1 or Reach are still very good and fun jumping in points. Halo 3 is amazing too. All of them but 4 really play very well but the plot won't make sense if you care. Play them co-op if you can.

4 still sucks a good bit but multi's alright.

These games are pretty awful to play in co-op due to their rather unique netcode that they have for co-op. Very laggy experience, had to give up after a level when I tried it with a friend.
It's probably okay if your ping to your friend would be under 30 or something, but 80 ping is just unplayable.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 13, 2023

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Any awesome co-op pvp party games for more people than 4? :3 Probably not FPS stuff. I already have Duck Game, it supports 8 peeps since an update year or two ago.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

The Kins posted:

Remote Play Together: February 12 - 19
Ohh, I hope I have a new job by then so I can buy bunch of party games for all my friends who are too far to join via remote play

Sininu fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Sep 21, 2023

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

like, if you're replacing your wired 360 pad after 20 years, maybe stick drift isn't the menace you think it is?

nintendo has really traumatized some of you

Xbox Elite 1/2 controllers are notorious for getting stick drift, in comparison you rarely hear about stick drift in normal Xbone controllers.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

skeletronics posted:

Why the heck is there an ignore publisher function if it's still going to show me huge ads for that publisher's games, just greyed out a little with a "YOU IGNORED THIS" banner?
Like just don't show me the poo poo, that's the point.

It used to work that way for so long until recently... Tbh it still works for individual games for me. Maybe check your settings?
They also never filtered out publisher sales and bundles if I've ignored all their games. :(

Sininu fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 20, 2023

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Any way to see who I sent a gift to steam like 10 years ago if only thing I have is an email with "thank you for your gift purchase" I put their name as Hi as I usually do in the gift name field, so I can't use that for figuring out who they were. It doesn't even tell the message I wrote, which makes me feel sad for reasons.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Aah, I found who the gift went to, I think. There are no other people I sent Spelunky to that I aren't friends anymore.

I got this email a while back and I've been wondering who the heck that was.

But it makes so little sense it being the person who I sent that gift to, since the email sender's name doesn't match at all.
I'm going through some strange emotions. Really curious what my gift message was..

Edit: Ohhh, I found that when you click on get support on game's page you can view the receipt and it shows the message there.
Maybe it was a gift that I bought from another user, it was still possible in 2015, and I didn't actually do a steam transaction...

Sininu fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 21, 2023

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

and then finally I feel REALLY weird about changing the entire endgame goal - for 10 years it's been "to win factorio vanilla, launch a rocket, this is a huge epic undertaking that feels amazing to achieve"

now it's...

Of course the goal will be different when so much of the expansion is about doing stuff in space and other planets.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Rinkles posted:

Seems the update is a bit of WIP because some games that absolutely do have controller support say this

e.g., AC IV: Black Flag

And for non-Steam games using the "Disable Steam Input" option just kills controller support altogether even for games that should have DualShock support. (I haven't tested this with Steam games because I don't have any installed at moment with native DS4 support.)

Could this be because Ubisoft never bothered to tell Steam what level of controller support that game has?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Hello! Anyone know some shooty fps/tps games where I can shoot my friends, that aren't too violent, as in gory in any way. FFA would be the best because usually we have 3 people.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

There's no gore in Halo at all except little blood splatter decals

How is the split-screen in Halo MCC?

repiv posted:

i was going to say friends vs. friends but apparently that still only has 1v1 and 2v2 formats :saddowns:
Yeah.. I have it, but those modes aren't suitable for 3 people :(

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Master_Odin posted:

Doesn't exist natively, but there is a mod for it.

Are you looking for a shooting game you can split screen with 3 people on the same PC, vs each person having their own?

Split-screen or cheap games c:

Why the heck isn't split-screen native to MCC?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Triarii posted:

I only ever use steam on a single PC, and I get the 2FA verification basically every time I buy anything. It's been doing that as long as I can remember.

Same, I think it started asking for a 2FA code every time I bought something like 2-3 years ago.
I use Steam only on one computer and I use the store through web browser. Cookies and such for Steam are never cleared.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Harminoff posted:

Not sure what thread to post this in, but was looking for a game where I could practice python and found this one!

You have a plot of land, and need to control a drone to plant/harvest/etc. It gets pretty in depth, and once you unlock everything, you work on optimizing your code to beat high scores. Pretty neat!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2060160/The_Farmer_Was_Replaced/

That looks like a nifty game! Thanks for sharing! c:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I tried Sonic Mania, which is the first true Sonic game I've played
It's really difficult, I'm not sure if this sort of platforming is for me. Should I keep on trying?