Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Steam Deck thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973713&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=394

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
VR megathread here for Valve Index questions:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901021&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=1044

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
RE4 owns, everybody get it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
RE4 is so goddamn awesome, it’s my clear GOTY so far. (At least till the next Zelda comes out…)

The crafting system from 7 and 8 slots right on in and is great. Jewelry and treasures get a bit expanded. The merchant is even more hilarious and awesome. I have zero complaints. I’m not even upset at the new voice actors, if anything, they’re actually better in some cases.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
RE4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The Black Mesa remake of Half Life 1.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Is there any talk of when Starfield unlocks early for those who preordered? Or when you can pre-load it for that matter?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I never played Dying Light 1, but 2 was real fun for me, I picked it up on a lark. The combat got real stale though, especially towards the end. The parkour is amazing and definitely the highlight. The story is absolutely the pure definition of “meh” though, for me at least.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

lordfrikk posted:

Damning with faint praise lol

It’s a parkour game with middling to decent combat. It scratches the Mirror’s Edge itch which is why I liked it. It’s also like Diablo in a lot of ways with its loot system and “dungeons”.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://youtu.be/mdbwNf1yyCA
:stare:

I love you Night Dive Studios, please have my babies!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I’m late to the party, but holy poo poo the new Robocop game is looking fantastic and a complete love letter to the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pYGXo-DU0w&ab_channel=jackfrags

Cheat codes look amazing too:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 22, 2023

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

FastestGunAlive posted:

Now make a Screamers adaptation and have him voice it

Make it like Alien Isolation and I think that could work.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Necrothatcher posted:

Yup, it's not great on PC.

You can't even start the single player modes of MGS2 and 3 without hard crashes on Steam Deck.

Sounds awful. I’ve wishlisted it and will wait for the worst of these bugs to get fixed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Somebody take one for the team and let us know if Cities 2 is good or not, frame rate and all.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Stardew

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I think the sequel was caught up in the hype of everybody trying to copy the Ubisoft formula given how successful their games were.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Hello thread. My red Xbone controller that I’ve used with Steam for years is finally gettting weird and funky with button presses glitching. I’ve been looking for an excuse to replace it for a while now, any good recommendations? I’m not a fan of the PS5 controller, should I just get the latest Xbox controller? Is it worth splurging on their elite? (I don’t game competitively or anything.)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Yeah my Xbone One controller held up like a champ for the past 5 years, only now started getting wonky. I’ll probably just get the new one unless somebody wants to go to bat for an 8-bitdo or something else. Gonna stay away from an elite, don’t need those extra features.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I went with the series controller based on the feedback in this thread and I appreciate all the responses.

Grabbed the “stormcloud vapor” look because :okpos:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Woah this circle d pad thingy is amazing. I’m in love with the clickiness of it. Silksong Hollow Knight controls amazing with it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The 7th Guest posted:

yea i'll also mention that the Turok 3 remaster is on November 14th. that one won't be to everyone's taste of course, but it's another retro FPS saved from obscurity by Nightdive

Can’t wait, Nightdive is doing the Lord’s work.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
It’s a great entry if you don’t have one yet. I can’t quite justify upgrading mine, but that does look sexy. May have to check the resale value, I’ve got the “premium” one from the original lineup.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1725568991047852311?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What are some good games to take advantage of the OLED steam deck?

Vampire Survivors

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Mother of god

https://x.com/poncle_vampire/status/1731706763605426560?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The 7th Guest posted:

Don't have the energy in me to do a big post, but I'll mention a couple of things unmentioned so far:

- Monster Hunter Wilds announced for 2025
- The Finals shadowdropped and out now
- FF16 DLC announced and out now
- Black Myth Wukong has a date now: August 20th 2024
- New game by No Man's Sky studios & Sean Murray: Light No Fire. Rather than shoot for the moon with a universe of planets, Light No Fire focuses on a single dense planet. No date.
- Palia will be on Nintendo Switch, and out very soon
- Gundam-like game called Mechabreak announced
- Last Sentinel announced, new game by a new studio helmed by Steven C Martin (formerly of Firaxis)
- Arkane Lyon developing a Blade game, no date
- Don't Nod has a new cinematic story game in the vein of Life is Strange and IT, called Lost Records: Bloom & Rage, coming late 2024
- Tales of Kenzera: ZAU is a 2.5D action platformer that looks poised to eat Prince of Persia 2024's lunch, coming April 2024
- Warframe's new update is literally Dark Sector 2
- Rise of the Ronin, a new Nioh-style game from Team Ninja, coming March 22nd
- new Mana game announced by Square-Enix: Visions of Mana, coming in 2024
- Moon (Ori) working on action RPG called No Rest For The Wicked, coming March 2024
- World of Goo 2 announced
- Pony Island 2 announced
- Metaphor Re:Fantazio coming Fall 2024
- Thrasher, a VR game by the developer of Thumper, coming in 2024
- Netflix Games announced a new narrative game by The Odd Gentlemen (King's Quest) called Harmonium: The Musical, a musical starring a deaf protagonist
- Hideo Kojima's new horror game and likely follow-up to PT is called "OD" and is a collaboration with Jordan Peele (Get Out, Nope)
- Supermassive working on a single-player story spinoff of Dead by Daylight called The Casting of Frank Stone
- Motiontwin (Dead Cells) announced a new co-op ARPG called Windblown, coming to early access in early 2024
- Brothers: Tale of Two Sons getting a remake for some reason

- Silksong: Bapanada

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

https://i.imgur.com/ZSijH16.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I tried Call of the Wild yesterday, just wasn’t feeling it. It was too slow for me but I get that’s the entire point of the game, to be slow and deliberate and chill. Think I’m going to refund it, but I got another hour of playtime, maybe I’ll give it a second chance.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

quote:

This game presents non-consent light-heartedly and humorously. Consent in real-life must be treated seriously and with respect.

Glad the lawyers made them include that, otherwise it might have gotten banned from Steam.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Money laundering scam.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Det_no posted:

God, there are like five million farming games now. Does anyone have any recommendations?

- I loved RF4
- I didn't like Stardew's fast pace
- I like making fwiends with NPCs
- If there is combat, it has to be decent (Stardew's wasn't, incidentally)
- Modding a plus but not required

I guess My Time At Sandrock is the latest hotness in this genre? Sandrock, Harvestella and Dinkum all look good but I figured I'd ask. Apparently the latest Harvest Moon is actually good too?

Coral Island is the closest to a 1:1 Stardew clone right now. Just realize that even though it’s out of early access it’s still incomplete in areas from what other goons have said. But what’s there is pretty good. I’m holding off till they get some content patches down the line.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Squiggle posted:

Its...what?

Sandrock is the answer, its combat is better than stardew's but I really think hoping for decent combat out of any of these feels like wishful thinking.

A valid criticism of Stardew is how short the days last and how pressured the game makes you feel to min max your day. Some of the most popular mods are the ones the reduce the speed of the in game clock so you can get more done during the day. My counter argument to that has always been that there’s never any real penalty for not getting something done that can’t be made up the next day or at the worst, the next seasonal year.

The only real awful thing the game penalizes you for is dieing in the mines which randomly causes you to loose like 5-10 items in your inventory. You can only pay to retrieve one of them. Lots will mod that out too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Need a shooter. Dusk? Or WH40K Boltgun? I’m leaning Dusk.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Dusk it is. I’ll keep the others on the wishlist for another day or sale.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Whoah Dusk is slick as hell, having fun!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Never played a Forza game before so I snagged Forza Horizon 5. Holy crap what a rush!
:stare:

:rice:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Edmond Dantes posted:

CP2077 question: The somewhat recent big update is independent from Phantom Liberty right? Or do I need the DLC for the 'full experience' or whatever?

Yes it’s independent, but yes you want both anyway. Pay up if you can, the game is good now and worth the cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Windows 11 sucked rear end until a month or so ago when they finally loving patched back in the ability to ungroup taskbar icons.