Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Hi Steam thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I kinda forgot about it for a while, but the remake of Solium Infernum is due out sometime this year! It's a resource building/political game where you and other demons try to claim the throne to Hell after Lucifer goes missing. It's being developed by the same team that did Armello, so they know their way around boards and hexes. The original game seems pretty drat impossible to find, and the creator quit to make board games instead :(

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Tiny Timbs posted:

I’ve seen devs complain about the wishlist because they track how many people wishlist their games and don’t understand why those don’t convert into sales. For me it’s just a holding pen for things I might be interested in if they go on sale.

"Hmm... Maybe if we offer a 10% off sale that would help."

It doesn't.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

We go Xtra Lasers 'round these parts :clint:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Metal Slug is cozy. If you've played one game, you've played them all. Except for those weird offshoot ones but they don't count.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Resdfru posted:

GTA 5 with the family friendly mod.

I thought Lego City Undercover was everyone's version of that.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I liked House of the Dying Sun, although I'm bad at it and it hasn't had any updates in a long time.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

hurrrrr ubisoft bad

Finally, something we can agree on!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I heard a lot of good things about Intravenous, it looks like a mashup of old Metal Gear and Hotline Miami.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Yeah but you see those games are actually good

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My friend gave me his Steam Deck for Xmas and it's amazing. How do I turn off the FPS graph that shows up in the upper left side of the screen? It turned on during a game of Soulstone Survivors and it's distracting me.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm probably one of the last people ever to get in on Prey, but at that sale price how can anyone resist??

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Ghostlight posted:

stop trying to make me respect randy pitchford

*Absolutely no one who asked*

Randy Pitchford: "Let's put Duke Nukem in Bulletstorm and charge extra for it."

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

All games are good except for the ones you like. Those games are cringe and gross.

Am I doing it right?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Serephina posted:

Different topic: are there any good Mech games as of late? My system cannot possibly handle Armoured Core 6 which is what I crave (I own a Geforce 960), but like there has to be other big stompy robot games out there? Doesn't even have to be first person, third-person squads are fine by me too. Basically if IntoTheBreach had FrontMission style customization I'd be in heaven. Just without the jrpg grind, please.

Welcome, Brigador

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

It was unpleasant watching that go down. I still like Makeup and Vanity Set, but you don't have to buy the game to support their music.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

RandomBlue posted:

now you can have as many cups as you want

Good because I may have a problem

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm taking a break on some early access games until their next major update. Slime 3k is fun, but I beat all the levels and got all the decks. I was hoping each deck would be significantly different, but all they do is change your starting weapon. The game needs a bigger variety of cards to keep it interesting.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhNzYCQtCc

Dunkey had a game jam, and there's some pretty cool submissions. I particularly like Subspace Shootout at 16:44, and Context Catacombs after it at 17:11. I'd buy them if they came to Steam, they look fun and different.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I almost feel sorry for people that preordered Suicide Squad, but what's happening is nothing less than expected.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Phlegmish posted:

EDI is some kind of sexbot now? Bold choice. For those who are wondering, unfortunately you cannot date her, she's predictably all over Joker instead

Seth Green got his own big tiddy robot gf and had to ask the important question

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

euroshopper posted:

we all agree this is good though

It's a re-skin of Puyo Pop, but a welcome one. Nintendo did the same thing with Kirby's Avalanche. Both are still great.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Diephoon posted:

Been replaying Dying Light 2. There should be more games that let you push dudes into conveniently placed walls of spikes.

https://i.imgur.com/s7sNwsL.mp4

That's like, 80% of Bulletstorm's gameplay. The other 20% is everyone yelling "FUCKIN' gently caress YOU, YOU FUCKFACE!1!"

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

they couldnt figure out how to GaaSify a platformer

A Metroidvania, but every upgrade costs real money. "Buy the season pass to unlock the jump ability!" :suicide:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I enjoyed Scourgebringer, but only beat it once. Platforms like Celeste, sounds like DOOM 2016 :black101:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The 7th Guest posted:

Mullet Mad Jack is not for me, but it'll definitely be for someone. An arcade roguelite shooter with similarities to Post Void, you have 10 seconds to live, and each enemy kill gives you 3 seconds back on the clock. You get a full 10 seconds if you destroy vending machines or do finisher kills with axes/knives you pick up in the level. Obviously, it's very fast and you can kick people into fans and exposed wires. Cool. But, for me, I think it needs something more. Obviously it's stylish as hell, but the level design is very basic, often a one-tile wide corridor. And at the normal difficulty it was pretty trivial to just keep alternating between firing your gun and kicking to speed through each level. The timer also didn't show for most of the demo and I think that might have been a bug.

That looks fuckin dope

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Same, but with anime.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I'm the henchman with no weapons or armor who just watched batman put 18 of my comrades in the icu. I feel it. my time is n

"I sure hope Batgirl doesn't choke me out with her thighs while my back is turned!"

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Velocity Raptor posted:

I'm afraid Batgirl isn't doing anything with her legs to anyone.

Someone forgot to tell Gotham Knights :eyepop:

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 7, 2024

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The kicker is at they put a memoriam to Kevin Conroy in the end credits of Suicide Squad, and it just feels crass after how the game treats his character, imo.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My issue with Suicide Squad is that they play mostly the same. What if Capt. Boomerang only used boomerangs? Or if Harley could call in her hyenas? Give Deadshot a full screen aimbot on cooldown so you can actually be the guy that never misses. Make King Shark play like that old Hulk game where he could smash cars onto his fists to do more damage. Not just dudes with guns, special guns, and a bigger gun.

I'll take my payment in cash, Rocksteady.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 9, 2024

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Oh yeah?? Well my new game's gonna be a quintuple A! :v:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I really like the aesthetic and gameplay of Demon Spore! And I really hate dying in one hit! Maybe if they had an infection meter, or rush against the clock or something it might be a little more fair. I want to like this game!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

ponzicar posted:

The problem with Diablo style ARPGs is that game developers saw degenerates endlessly grinding bosses in Diablo 2 for that 1/100000 drop chance rune or god roll unique and thought that was the entire point of the genre and decided to make all future entries in the genre mindless loot pinata clicking.

I like the streamlining D3 did. A random pot of ashes dropping a legendary amulet that completely changes how I play my character is the dopamine hit I crave, baby.

Also I really like to gamble when it's not costing me irl money.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 12, 2024

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

If your idea of an indie game isn't something two nerds really passionate about 3D graphics rendered as 2D sprites made in their parent's garage, I don't want it.

Nah they're all cool.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

exquisite tea posted:

Crazy that a bunch of people with no respect or understanding of the creative process would fail to produce anything of value.

Embracer cancelled 29 games and closed 7 studios after bungling a $2bn deal with the Saudi government. No one involved respected anything.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Bumhead posted:

Ethan is the product of a 4 hour, executive level brainstorm session titled “this horny fan fiction about our characters is out of control despite making it clear none of them gently caress. How do we stop it?”

"Let's add an 8 foot woman with a 2 ton dump truck."

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Kevin Hart as Roland. lol

I'm the Nerf gun they gave him to make it look proportional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Y'all convinced me to buy the playing card game and now I can't stop. I'm terrible at poker but pretty ok at rogue-likes, so I'm gonna be playing it for a while. Runs fine on the SD, too.