Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Quill posted:

Get yer stickers now

I had no idea they were giving out daily stickers, but I have been doing the daily queues for cards. They usually have a big info page with all of the stuff you can do or collect. Did they not do that this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mad Wack posted:

what's everyone's first purchase for 2023? i got chained echoes

Tempted to make Chained Echoes mine as well. I am absolutely flying through Spider-Man at the moment and loving every second of it, but I expect I'll beat it within a week or so.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I love GMO. Gettin' Mad Online.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Guess I should finally buy Streets of Rogue to get my chaos fix since the sequel is coming out this year. I imagine it’s perfect on the Deck with the bite sized missions?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HopperUK posted:

Oh I get that, but in Greek mythology he has a bit more of a sense of humour than you'd think. Even in the game he agrees to put the whole house to sleep so Zagreus can go snooping around undetected.

Either way it's a great voice performance from the lead developer.

Every character interaction in Hades is a treat. Supergiant has a superpower of finding (and properly utilizing) great talent.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

Now that you mention it, has there ever been a good game that was marketed as "from the makers of X"?

Every single game from Supergiant Games

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

DerekSmartymans posted:

Goddammit, don’t do this for reals

Derek Smartymans
DEREK SMARTYMANS
DEREK SMARTYMANS

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Neat, I enjoy massive fan projects like Nehrim, Enderal, etc.

https://youtu.be/Od2szAvNVxc

I hope I remember to check it out in 2025

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
New Octopath 2 trailer detailing two more characters and some mechanics:

https://youtu.be/eZH4D9tHOb8

I really enjoyed the first one, and the sequel is looking solid so far.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

As someone with a teenager, this dialog is way too realistic.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

When the heck is the AMID EVIL expansion coming out.

When the heck is the Chronicon expansion coming out. There is only a week of January left!

I kid - the dev is doing solid work and wanted to fix a bothersome bug (which they recently did) before releasing the new class. Apparently it’ll release by the end of the month.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah, the Mechanist class drops in Chronicon tomorrow

https://twitter.com/chronicongame/status/1617902131075321856?s=46&t=oaHxWs3N_abw2jo0fRXTQw

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AfricanBootyShine posted:

What are the most graphically demanding games with stylized/unique art direction?

The standards (Cyberpunk 2077, Control, Metro Exodus) don't really do anything for me-- and I think it's because they're all going for cinematic realism with different color palettes. I'm curious if there's a video game equivalent of Into the Spider-Verse - that pushes current tech in a way that isn't just about repeating what's come before.

Atomic Heart comes out in a few weeks. They just released a decent video going over the world and gameplay. Looks like it could be a fun time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsAOAW5ZGZw

I felt like I didn't hear anything on this game for 3 or 4 years until suddenly "Oh yeah it's out in a month!"

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

mystes posted:

Hades is fun but all the stupid dialogue you have to click through sucks

The maid, Dusa, is going to petrify you for this slander of Zagreus.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ymgve posted:

I hate parry systems because I suck at timing

Yer a wizard, Parry!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The 7th Guest posted:

luckily this is a jam packed week of releases. from now until the 28th, we've got:

Like a Dragon: Ishin
Octopath Traveler 2
Kerbal Space Program 2
Company of Heroes 3
Limbus Company (by the developer of Lobotomy Corporation and Library of Ruina)
Phantom Brigade
Sons of the Forest
Scars Above
Blood Bowl 3
Clive N Wrench
Dungeons of Aether
Grim Guardians

and a Destiny 2 expac for the freaks still playing it

Hell yeah, looking forward to Octopath Traveler 2 hitting in a few days. Sounds like it has improved on everything from the first game, and the HD 2D has never looked better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em04UeKEa9Q

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Anno posted:

idk if I'll pick up OT2 right away, but if/when I do, I'm starting as this guy because holy poo poo at his theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNrACjAF-wM

No surprise, of course - OT1 had an amazing soundtrack.

Stoked that the battle music crushes it once again. Yasunori Nishiki knows what's up.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Game developers, please use care when coding your offensive term lists

https://twitter.com/InternetH0F/status/1629097345122983936

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lunsku posted:

New puzzle bundle in Humble is pretty nice if just for the two main bits:
Baba Is You
Dorfromantik
Creaks
Last Campfire
Monument Valley
Monument Valley II
Darq

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...puzzlers_bundle

Some very good games, but I would personally call it the "Ragequit Bundle" with the inclusion of Baba Is You. Absolutely loved the game, but it frequently made me feel dumb.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Octopath Traveler 2 is cozy as hell so far. It was snowing last night, so I settled next to the fireplace and got a few hours in on the Deck. I only have 2 of the protagonists so far, but the music is top notch and the writing/voice work is great. My man Partitio is ready to seize the means of production and eat the rich, and I am here for it.

It improves on Octopath Traveler in every way that I have noticed. A must play if you enjoyed the first one.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 25, 2023

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Unlocking characters in Octopath Traveler 2 and one of the scenarios starts off as Count of Monte Cristo but Edmond Dantès knows magic. Hell yeah, game continues to own.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I somehow missed that Larian dropped a release date trailer for Baldur’s Gate 3 the other day. Launches August 31, 2023. Early access buyers get the digital deluxe upgrade for free.

Always love hearing some J.K. Simmons:

https://youtu.be/Ks-KF9iueE0

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

sebmojo posted:

That bg3 trailer really is terrible, I can't imagine anyone deciding to buy it on the strength of that but I suspect they will still do ok lol

It didn’t grab me either, but I had fun with part of the first act 2+ years ago. I am looking forward to seeing the final product. I have stayed in the dark with updates so far.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Hour posted:

Holy poo poo Biomutant lmao. That game must have been a colossal commercial failure.

Hero Hour and Jurassic Park 2 kick rear end, though

I got it for $3 from some pricing mistake somewhere, and could only stomach 2-3 hours. Which is wild because the world, art direction, combat, etc. were decent enough, but all together created an experience that just didn't feel right. I don't know how else to describe it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Never heard of Dredge before today but it sounds like a chill and stressful time all in one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Vb-a2OLHc

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oh hell yes, been waiting for this one.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

:barf:

I don't like platforming, how important is it

You can go hog wild and explore very early on by running from strong enemies and getting into some platform shenanigans. Or you can play leisurely to the point where you unlock ~20 fast travel points and mounts that give you high jump, slow fall, swimming, etc. that make the platforming much easier.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It was drat near 15 years ago, feel my pain

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HopperUK posted:

Dungeonmans is worth a look too. And there's always ToME if you want something huge that'll take a million years to learn and figure out.

Cogmind is less traditional in its way but you get to be a robot and bolt bits onto yourself.

Dungeonmans is very good. The composer said he got a lot of influence from Final Fantasy Tactics, so the OST slaps as well.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

GreenmanGaming has standard for $32 and digital deluxe is $47. Though it is cheaper to buy the base game and the season pass separately if you don't want the digital artbook or mini soundtrack.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It was a cold and snowy day, so I cozied up and finished Hi-Fi Rush. The entire game felt like a Saturday morning cartoon. Fun dialog and antics, solid rhythm gameplay, and the soundtrack was great. I constantly dashed around because the dash sound effect throws percussion into the level's music. Just a treat all around. Don't sleep on this one!

Now to play through again to unlock all of these doors I can finally open.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Vasler posted:

How likely would Cult of the Lamb be to show up in the May Humble Choice? I want to buy the game as its on sale, but May is so close?

I'm thinking its basically a less than 0.5% chance it would be in a choice but thought I'd ask.

100% chance it will be in the Humble bundle next month if you buy it today, but 0% chance if you don’t. I am sorry but those are the rules.

It’s real good though, you should get it. I picked it back up after the free content patch hit the other day. They added a lot!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Acula posted:

I really want to play Jedi Survivor asap but lol if im ever paying full price for launch games anymore

I get all of my new releases from Greenmangaming for $40-$45 which isn’t bad. On the flip side, you can’t return them. Ultimately not an issue if you share my impeccable taste.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wow what a surprise, The 7th Guest barreling into the Steam thread and absolutely loving up my wishlist.

Thank you as always, friend.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hi-Fi Rush was an absolute treat, so I will gladly accept more of it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The 7th Guest posted:

GAMES AND REVIEWS

Please, The 7th Guest, I have a family

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Upsidads posted:

I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS poo poo

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The dock is on sale along with the Steam Deck. It sounds like the official dock is the best way to go as it continues to receive updates and has a dual screen option. Is that still accurate?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
What's the verdict on Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot? Looks like a chill open world to zoom around in while listening to podcasts. Perfect for the Deck I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you all for the Dave the Diver mentions. I somehow had this on ignore from a previous see explore queue, but it looks solid as hell. How quick are the runs, and does it have a decent save structure if they are long?