Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Nagatoro returns! Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Sucks because I freaking love that series

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
These are certified Avongears!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

haypliss posted:

The only oni that should be on your mind is Onipan.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Somehow overlooked that Misfit of Demon Academy had its S2 this round.

Nagatoro, Bofuri, Anos. A good season for light fun stuff.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tales of Woe posted:

the first season was funny, its kinda like Bastard but more deadpan and without the sex
I loving love Anos and the entire show is the best kind of isekai-returner-OP bullshit at every turn. He's just such a complete rear end in a top hat it's hilarious to see where poo poo goes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Maple remains the MMO's official end-boss lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Patware posted:

The mightiest spell of all!
Holy poo poo he can use magic without an incantation!

Yes but look he needs to recharge his Mana after 8 uses!!

*Parking space reads my other wand is a Glock*

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nitrousoxide posted:

Misfit is extremely dumb but extremely great. I’ve not tired of Anos constantly going “you’ve fallen for my trap card” so far.
S1 was full of this stuff and it was great. Like I think he murders a dude in cold blood during a tournament and then resurrects him like "Yeah as long as you're not dead for 10 seconds I can bring you back cool huh".

And then he fucks with him by murdering him a dozen more times.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This is an amazing bit of work for TV.

Vash, The Humanoid Typhon, should move like a Looney Tunes cartoon because we know his goofy poo poo is calculated to an extent. I think this sold me on the series.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I think Smartphone was one of the early Isekai I watched and doesn't the season end with "oh and now I have a harem I guess and also a 16 year old AI guardian to paradise is my wife"?

I'd rather another season of Otome Mob character

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SlowBloke posted:

Bofuri S2 didn't leave a good first episode impression, it was so lethargic
I mean, it gives good characterization to the opponent guild boss, everyone gets a cute little adventure montage, and it puts a few folks in a fun situation wrt the Christmas raid.

Yeah, it's definitely got a feel like a Christmas OVA but it also seems to have kept the relatively low-key MMO Slice of Life vibe that the first season had. Which is very welcome.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Caught up with Misfit and can I say I'm kind of sick of the Demon Lord having to overthrow God / fight The Church / protect The Chosen Child when S2s come around like c'mon man.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AlternateNu posted:

Considering the vast internal cultural differences between the various subforums (especially poo poo like FYAD/GBS and others), I'd say this is not even close to a given.
Yeah, if we're going banish shows to the shadow realm then we probably should have a sticky list or some kind of disclaimer in the season thread. Or at least a public We Don't Talk About That for the post?

Malsangoroth posted:

How many of these covid shutdowns are actually the production collapsing in a neutron fit of mismanaged schedules, and all higher-ups involved looking to pin the blame on anything else? See: Isekai Ojisan.
I'm imagining theres a good overlap. We know all the studios are overworked and taking on more work as we speak. Losing 2-6 people for a week+ can easily throw poo poo out of whack.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Changes in the way anime is consumed and delivered really knock me for a loop. It feels like they're almost on the South Park schedule where they throw everything together just in time. Sucks for the workers in the industry

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Just use your brain Moran just seems too inexact imo. Dude got the 6er for 1/8 of a post and nothing in it was overly scandalous or thirsty.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the show about a grown otaku becoming a middle school girl would reasonably raise some red flags.
Mushoku Tensei :colbert:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I've never heard of it but a quick Google shows that it looks like :suicide: and should probably get a thread where someone discusses just what the gently caress.

Basically the drunk late night anime watch kind of show.

That's really distinct from being a creeper or endorsing the show.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

marumaru posted:

mushoku tensei was discussed at length in this forum and thankfully i don't remember anyone calling the gross creepy poo poo in it "wholesome"
Yeah, fair point.
I thought the other poster was doing a tongue in cheek thing with the review but I can see how the word might be a red flag.

And oh Lord do not Google it :psypop:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
On retrospect, we should have known that there was no "Anime" badge in scouts. :smith:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Tomo-Chan is a Girl had some good laughs. I think it's my comfort show of the season.
The third wheel girl just being chaotic provides a lot of fun.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
"this is kanojo kanojo" :ssj:

And this... Is to go .. BEYOND :goku:

I call it the hundred kanojo who really really really like me!

Sadly this was not enough to defeat Yankee YK Yuzuhana

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sleng Teng posted:

Must be an appealing fantasy for you
No, Not really.
I think those weird large cast shows kind of dilute the characters so they just become pretty paper thin. Like the Anos Fan Club in Misfit of Demon Academy don't really get any individual characterization besides "The tall one. The one with the eye patch" etc.

Kind of a weird assumption tbh.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hunt11 posted:

I thought I was going crazy when I saw the quality drop so suddenly.
The next Buttlord attempt is going to have to update the joke to "oh no, you activated the Overworked CGI studio comprised of dude's trained on Monty Oum videos!"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nitrousoxide posted:

I've completely lost the plot in Misfit of Demon King Academy. It feels like they're just flipping out betrayals and what not out of no where with absolutely no build up whatsoever.
Pretty similar to S1, except there most of the enemies were related to Anos' prior life.

They're definitely setting up some poo poo about mysterious hooded girl being the Forest Spirit who locked away her memories after she fell in love with that one bodyguard dude that Anos' assigned to her and who probably died fighting that Anosu kid or whatever. maybe it'll be a big swerve or something.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Agronox posted:

I think Jun is well aware of what he wants but is just too afraid or in denial to do anything about it.
There's quite a few scenes in the first handful of episodes where dude is like "Hey you're like my best friend so..."

The moment when it dawns on him is going to be spectacular.

In particular the episode where you find out Jun and Misizu dated is a huge spotlight on him pursuing someone totally the opposite of Tomo and just being bored as a result.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Looks like MHA started boarding the bus to Fireworks town (to be seen in 3 years)

VvV
Preview had a teaser for something like "the end begins"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 4, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
All I can say is Torofamily delivers.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wow, they're really scraping the barrel I'm search of new sports anime.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GateOfD posted:

there's really no point in trying after the perfect sport Keijo!
after that, they knew they could never top it
At least until they make the Ambojutsu manga/anime

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh wait I've seen the inspiration for that pole dance anime before... Now if I could only remember--

:geno:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Colonel posted:

what in the world are you saying ruriruri has to do with this
Am I the only one that remembers that creepy trend where people would put on those dead-faced anime masks and go on cams and poo poo?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Snowglobe posted clips from the show and the way the faces don't emote made me remember the trend. :confused:

There's an interaction where it's like "my grandma will have to close down the observatory oh no" and the whole time the rigs make them look like creepy dolls.

E:
Honestly I never saw it as a fetish.

But I also guess it's safe to assume that anything can be a fetish given enough time on the internet.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 8, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
One step closer to Musou Telepathy the Anime

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yo I'm sorry but I get poo poo reception and that picture loaded 1998 AOL style one chunk at a time.

The initial face reveal was :aaa:
But then the rest loaded :pusheen:

Thank you for the morning laugh.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hunt11 posted:

At this rate the final boss will just be a clone of Maple.
Feels like it already is, kinda.
The Devs design events around Maple after all.

They're not going "oh cool a half-dozen high-ranking S-class guild members managed to clear the 3rd dungeon in a few hours!", it's all "This was a Raid boss and... Maple one-shotted it by burrowing into its eyes wtf"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Atrocity tentacles or hydra tentacles? Which will reign supremely :cthulhu:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Helck looks like wholesome Bastard but Gaston instead of Death Metal. Hope it's fun!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm sorry I assumed the juxtaposition between "wholesome" and "Bastard!" would be taken in a jokey fashion.

Helck seems like a big fun guy nevertheless and I look forward to his exploits. :lovewcc:

symbolic posted:

Evangelion...wholesome...???
An estranged father invites his son to his work in an effort to get closer to the memory of his deceased wife.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 11, 2023

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

chumbler posted:

Helck becomes more handsome as you, the reader, learn more about him and come to understand and empathize with him.
Helck was always handsome. Indeed, it was us, the audience, that was ugly inside. :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Isekai handyman whips between touching and "oh fanservice ok" so fast. I just want more dorky handy guy fixing stuff.