Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

I wonder how many lovely editorial cartoonists Biden gets to write off as dependents then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
I find it funny some people are outraged that they are told gas stoves are dangerous and think the government should stay out of it while at the same time they feel dressing in clothes that doesn't match your sex should be a capital offense.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Pretty funny coming from the side that regards any type of education as child grooming and liberal indoctrination.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

So they are calling Biden a spy balloon then?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Didn't Beer Kavenaugh mysteriously get hundreds of thousands of dollars to get rid of his debts a year before his Supreme Court nomination?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

You can't find common sense in any red state so they need to import it from California.

AGC

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Golly, if only they would tax someone other than the people with no money. Branco is right, we must tax the rich instead.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

The man was stupid enough to stand right behind a horse and should consider himself lucky he was only crapped on and didn't have his head kicked in.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Maybe the reason he has no money to pay for groceries is because he always makes stupid decisions like that and the economy is a non-sequitur.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

The perspective of this cartoon and the shimmer on top of the object makes it look like he is on his way to sit on the crown instead of the throne.

edit:

Stultus Maximus posted:

Don't kink shame.

I didn't say he shouldn't.

logger fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 6, 2023

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

One side wants to cut spending on social services in exchange for raising the limit on deficit spending, the other side wants to not hold people's medicare and social security hostage for an arbitrary limit to deficit spending.

Truly both sides are one and the same.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Doctors recognize the importance of gender reassignment surgery of trans youths at a young age helps against depression and self harm caused by body dysmorphia.

AGC

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

It turns out the real monster all along was the one who created and abandoned AI and Federal Bureaucracy in a world that hates it for it's existence, but at least they have each other.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

What McCarthy is aiming at should be able to survive his attacks, just keep moving forward and the economy will be safe.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

I couldn't understand why Varvel was making a comic about being sad that war was dead, and then I got it.

Good job, me :dumbbravo:

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Ramirez: If Biden tripping on a sandbag didn't hurt his poll numbers than why do I keep saying it does?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
I am imagining a crying FBI agent going "He is sending mail bombs to angels in heaven now." :(

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Nenonen posted:

My first read of the Lester was "sound science". I coloured myself surprised, but of loving course it said "junk science". :negative:

How surprised were you when you saw the "Canada wild fires" fire was burning the "Drugs" apartment building?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Ahh yes comparing someone who extra-judicially murders a homeless man on the subway with Batman. This is up there with Clarence Thomas justifying torture by saying Jack Bauer saved the country by torturing someone on a tv show.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Oh yeah! I got used to Thomas being the biggest monster on the court I totally forgot about the former holder of the title.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

I know what he is going for, but he must realize that rockets blow up. Right?

quote:

GOP stops the Democratic party from destroying freedom.

ABC

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Nice barely disguised racism, Horsey

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Kellies nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry* (Racism)

*That actually tried to conceal it sort of

If it was just the silhouette he could have tried to say it wasn't a race thing, but he had to go and give "purple" skin to the criminals and gave away the game.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Technowolf posted:

Clay Bennett

I read a tweet from someone who lived in a small town that said they got out of a 2 year coma and was trying to enter their home when their neighbors came out and pulled a gun on them.

This was them tweeting in defense of the song.

edit: found the tweet, I got a bit wrong but this is actually their defense of the song.

https://twitter.com/justusecomsense/status/1682345252466704384

logger fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 26, 2023

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Microplastics posted:

Kellies nomination: most pointless label

(I propose this be a subcategory of worst label)

Global warming has made the whole world as hot as Death Valley is what Breen is going for.

If that wasn't labeled as Death Valley would you think that is what the comic is trying to convey?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Microplastics posted:

My issue is with the black smoke being labeled "carbon"

Fair enough, I honestly didn't see that there.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pelosi has absolutely defended her (shockingly, the old Democratic woman does not want an old Democratic woman to be pushed to leave for being old). However, note that even that quote is from an article about a Democrat calling for her to retire; it's been obvious for a while that she needs to and most Democrats would prefer that she did. It's kind of extraordinary that there's even this many people saying so in public; that is, in general, Not Done.

If the point of the cartoon is "Pelosi is a fool for defending her", that's a great point, but why not make her defender Mecha-Pelosi or something instead of using an everyman, thereby imputing on the party in general a feeling that does not seem to generally exist?

Because it is a cartoon about this happening in which an aide told her how to vote for the bill while she was trying to read out the text of what was just put in front of her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRk1aV6cuh8

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Pennywise in the bottom right corner is happy fear and hate are still around.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

ajkalan posted:

I wonder if St. Peter gets sick of reciting the catchphrases of every dead celebrity who floats through the gates.

I just had to look this guy up to know who he is, though, so maybe local celebrity would be more accurate

Do you think if there really was a heaven that people in there will just be reduced to what job they did in life? Like if Gordon Ramsay died and went to heaven he would have to turn angels into master chefs for all eternity or be forced to cook for the heavenly host without the lamb sauce being there?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

The countries the objects were looted from know exactly how the British Museum feels.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

The placement of the tusks irritates me. Tusks are modified teeth, they are part of the upper jaw and jut from the elephants mouth.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

VitalSigns posted:

Man I miss Mitt. He was even funnier than Hillary because at least she actually had reason to believe she was ahead in the polls, and it took a perfect storm of factors beyond her own incompetence for Trump to win with unbelievably slim margins in key states, the race took all night to call, and even Trump seemed surprised he actually won.

Mitt's team just made up polling numbers until it made them feel better, spent millions on victory fireworks, then got totally destroyed and the race was called like 10:05pm when the polls closed in Ohio or something.

I remember Mitt's goose being cooked like 2 hours after the results started coming in and he went and took the initiative of cutting off the campaign credit cards to the staffers. A lot of people then had no way to get home after the election night party at Mitt's campaign HQ.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

idonotlikepeas posted:

Drew Sheneman

I saw crosshatching and thought Ramirez actually made a thoughtful and rational point.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Kellies nomination: Most Incomprehensible. What thing is supposed to be linked or contrasted with other thing?
E: Also "Hurrican". Should there be a category for worst proofreading or is that nitpicking?

Look! You can either be a Hurrican or a Hurrican't, and Idelia sure doesn't want to be a Hurrican't.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

You got to be a sheep to think that masks aren't a good idea AGC

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

seiferguy posted:

There were a lot of bad takes, but this absurdist image from Peters always sticks out to me:

I know this is supposed to be United 93, but it makes it seem like the plane that crashed into the World Trade Center is going to heaven as a martyr.

Or conversely "A second plane has struck the pearly gates"

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Hmm yes there is no difference in circumstances between the two. Is there a category for worst false equivalence?

Reminds me of all the "Lock her up, lock her up" crap that suddenly became you can't say that about a presidential candidate when people started switching to "Lock him up"

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Way to go comparing something that is ubiquitous to American life to something only the super rich can afford.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm the onscreen jeweler who can't afford jewelry?

edit: is the idea that none of these people can afford cars made by UAW workers?

Nah, Lester thinks that because a yacht manufacturer can't afford a yacht a car manufacturer not being able to afford a car isn't that big of deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

I can't wait to see his cartoon next week depicting Mike Johnson as Swamp Thing.