Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

fool of sound posted:

Honestly there's so little difference between far right hucksters and far right ideologues that it's not always possible to tell what the actual motivating factor is.

From what I understand, the motivating factor is the holdouts want a guarantee from McCarthy that he be willing to shut down the government rather than raise the debt ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Branco is the only political cartoonist stupid enough to support Santos because of course he is. Even other right wing cartoonists are dunking on him, or pretending he doesn't exist.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The only reason I still care about Sinfest is I'm just waiting for Monique to turn straight. I still am convinced it's going to happen soon.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Is this guy saying Fauci was cool and good 50 years ago? I hope not but I can't interpret it any other way.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Immigration is good for you and only whiny petulant children complain about it.

quote:

Chip Bok

I love how he just throws "student loans were forgiven" as a horrible evil thing only a bad government would do when any normal person not constantly devouring right wing propaganda is going to have no idea why that's part of the list.

Randalor posted:

Also, I've used electric stoves all my life and never had any issues, so all I can say is... "Electric stoves aren't the end of the world".

But what about the people who cook with woks?! It'll be the end of the world for everyone who cooks with a wok!

(I also have used electric stoves all my life and had zero issues)

Hihohe posted:

Im going with "hes a boy as you can tell by his football hemet, but (((THEY))) brainwash him into thinking hes a girl"

Have any of the anthropomorphic years been male? It could be the opposite. "She's a girl but (((THEY))) brainwash her into thinking she's a boy by using the football helmet!"

It does seem like a lot of lovely rear end in a top hat terfs have been switching over to using trans men as a boogeyman to talk about how the "woke left" is destroying femininity and also so they can talk about underage girls' bodies.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Always happy to see a right wing cartoonist stop making lovely hateful cartoons.

Fister Roboto posted:

lmao

Hope he actually finds Jesus.

Yeah it's usually death that causes rear end in a top hat cartoonists to stop making cartoons, so with him not actually dying I genuinely hope he becomes a more caring and loving person. He probably won't, but it would be nice if he realized how terrible he's been.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So as I understand it, Hunter doesn't want his daughter to have his last name because he doesn't want her to have a life where she's constantly harassed and judged purely because of her last name. It's not like he thinks he's tricking the courts into believing she's not his daughter in case there's child support payments or whatever, and it's not like he's trying to hide the fact that he has a daughter.

Hunter Biden is a piece of poo poo but he shouldn't be raising a child, and honestly her having a life where people don't immediately make assumptions about her or stalk her based on her name seems like a genuine stopped clock good decision.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

ANY DAY NOW!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

Andy Marlette

Sorry kid, but those hips don't lie.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

If Joe Biden isn't speaking unintelligible gibberish, why do I keep insisting he is?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

If we'd just ignored covid and done nothing about it it would have been over ages ago!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I AM GRANDO posted:

And what was the purpose of the perfidious democrats having people wear masks forever for no reason?

Depends on the level of crazy you're talking to. More mainstream right wingers will say that the Dems were just doing it to get off on seeing that they had power over people, just doing it because they could and they liked seeing people "enslaved." Some of them also believe that it was a trial balloon the Dems were using to see how much they could get away with, like if the people had stood up for their freedoms and said "No more masks!" the Dems would've gone "Whoa okay they aren't listening, guess we need to rethink this taking over America stuff." But since people went along with it the Dems are now going "Okay now let's take away even more rights and liberties since they're clearly fine with it!"

The real crazies like Ben Garrison think that wearing masks cuts off oxygen to your brain, killing brain cells and making people dumber and more susceptible to being controlled.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Okay I went grocery shopping the other day. I bought some eggs. They were like 6.50 for a dozen XL brown eggs. That's more expensive than they used to be, but I'm so goddamn tired of "Eggs are now a luxury item only the rich can afford!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

the_steve posted:

I think we need a Kelly Klassic to help get the taste of bile out of our systems

https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/1624893652182138881?s=20&t=IC6cpqcLRT7MuYaLECzDzA

Kevin Costner being up there is absolutely perfect.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The presidency is about to crush Joe Biden.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

I hate that this rear end in a top hat made a genuinely good cartoon about this whole stupid balloon thing.

MrUnderbridge posted:

But, sure, Biden's lying about them wanting to kill social security and medicare.

No no, see, adding pointless red tape to smother it is totally different from killing it outright!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

"That dumb Biden, shooting down all those balloons!"

Meanwhile, the Mike Lester of one week ago

"That dumb Biden, not shooting down that ballon!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

The university will have instructors and professors who were hired not for their brilliance, but rather their skin color, their sex, and/or their sexual identity.

Because as we all know, it is impossible for anyone other than a straight white male to be brilliant.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It isn't a big deal.

A Good Cartoon.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Last I checked a senator is also from the government.

Hey, out of curiosity, what were Bennett's cartoons like when Trump took that cognitive test?

Shut the gently caress up, Bennett.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Normally I find Judge's cartoons bland and acceptable at best, but I hate this one. Killing him isn't going to bring back his victims, either.

Kit Walker posted:

Fundamentally, none of these "AI" actually have any sense of morality or bias

Eh, I dunno that I agree with that. Bias from the programmer often works its way into these AI systems, it's one of the complaints about using things like facial recognition software for police purposes. I do agree though that they don't have bias in the sense that they weren't purposely created to be biased.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The fly hovering near his rear end is part of the standard Biden iconography OP mentioned.

The standard Biden iconography is currently: Obama teleprompter, empty thought bubble, sippy cup, fly near rear end, and blood on hands.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Neito posted:

I believe the 10% bag is making more regular apperances too now, isn't it?

A chart was made recently tracking the Biden symbols for the cartoons so far this year.

Microplastics posted:

when i'm bored at work i'm going to trace these all the way back to their origins

edit: shameful miss on the poopy fly on 7 january

It does look like the $10% bag has been popping up more frequently and could become the next Biden symbol. e: As well as the Classified docs, though I don't expect those to have staying power given the whole Trump/Pence stuff.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The looney left loves banana communism.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

As you should, given that we know his motives. Rall is most likely to promote whatever arguments would align with a Trump win given Trump's comments on Ukraine. Here's Rall's latest on Ukraine.

quote:

Putin faced an impossible situation. He knew that an invasion would bring Western sanctions and international opprobrium. Staying out of Ukraine, however, would weaken Russia’s geopolitical position and his political standing.

...how?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

Someone must have pointed out the obvious that Rall's reasoning also would mean the US is justified in forcing Central America to bend to its will and he's somehow trying to argue that yes this is why the US is bad and this also justifies the invasion.

I also enjoyed "Ukraine shouldn't provoke Russia because they are smaller and weaker than Russia, also Russia is scared of them and had to invade to keep Russia safe."

Also the often pointed out insanely stupid logic of "Russia couldn't risk having Ukraine join NATO because then they would be bordering a NATO state! So even though (as Rall even admits!) Ukraine probably would have been denied entry into NATO, Russia has to conquer Ukraine just to be safe (and which will cause them to border four times as many NATO states)."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I dont know posted:

Putin keeps comparing himself Peter the Great and talking about restoring the glory of imperialist Russia. Hell, even most republicans have the shame to say they don't support Putin they just don't want to spend the money. Rall is straight up endorsing imperialism and warcrimes.

It has been shown repeatedly through his cartoons and blog posts that Rall loving loves imperialism, it's just only bad when the United States does it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Don Lemon is a stupid rear end in a top hat who has said racist poo poo before so him saying sexist poo poo does not surprise me.

But yes, right wing media doesn't actually care that what he said was sexist, they're just upset it was directed at someone on their side.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Also lol at the idea that the media is trying to bury the lab leak theory when some of them are writing misleading headlines/articles playing up how likely it was claimed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

I didn't get a PPP loan, so just forgive my student debt.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The response that's gaining traction for why kids these days have so many mental health issues is "Not enough Jesus." Basically the idea that all of the things like phones and Tik Tok that they're all into has taken the place of good honest church and Bible reading time and if they'd just accept Jesus all their problems would go away.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I see Horsey has completed his transformation from milquetoast liberal to conservative psychopath.

Weird how that keeps happening, oh well probably shouldn't think too hard about it. Anyway.

quote:

hundreds of local government and police officials from around the state claim the limits have led to a crime spree among individuals who know the cops are not free to come after them.

I'm pretty sure the cops are allowed to arrest you even after you have finished committing a crime. Like, the statute of limitations on crimes is not "five minutes." The police can still arrest a person at their house or job the next day! They can do that! It's true! Most arrests happen days after the crime was committed!

quote:

In an interview with The Times, Kitsap County Sheriff John Gese acknowledged the dangers of high speed pursuits but insisted the law’s negative impacts were immediately apparent.

Sure high speed pursuits put people in danger and can cause accidents, but criminals might not suffer any immediate consequences if we stop doing that, so we should be allowed to endanger as many people as we want.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Lee Judge is starting to become one of my most hated cartoonist. Dude's had a run of real lovely cartoons lately, and the terrible art just makes it even worse.

The American health care system is abusive to the elderly and the nation. AGC.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

Poor Tucker Carlson, he's Just Asking Questions.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's bad art so it took me a moment to realize what Bok was going for, but it's "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." He's saying the MSM lied about Russian Collusion and Hunter Biden, so they have no room to criticize Tucker for lying about the 2020 election. With a bit of "But Tucker never said the 2020 election was stolen, he was just being a good journalist and trying to find out!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Do you think after Trump dies people like Clay Bennett are going to try to pull a Pope Formosus and demand his corpse be put in prison?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Sending the US military into Mexico to fight the drug cartels is one of the stupidest goddamn ideas any politician has ever had in US history, so it's no surprise Ed Gamble thinks it's a good idea.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If drug companies aren’t able to complete wring all the money out of a captive buyer base whose only choices are “Pay for the medication or die” then the drug companies won’t make drugs!

It's also been proven completely false when the US government gave free money to Pfizer to create a covid vaccine and then they still said "Yep gonna have to charge hundreds of dollars for the vaccine now."

Vib Rib posted:

No no, it must be everyone else who obsesses over pronouns. Like... banks.

I mean yes, right wing media is out there saying that SVB failed because they were too woke and gay, proving that being woke is bad for business and that's why they collapsed, no reason to look any further into the causes.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Huh, that's a pretty good opinion from Lee Judge. Just one problem though.

Yeah you really care about police brutality huh? gently caress off Lee Judge.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

Marty Two Bulls

This genuinely feels like a McCoy or a Stiglich or a Bok.

I mean, I know it's Marty Two Bulls, so it isn't "stupid kids these days can't even enjoy a movie because they're too woke" but it's hard to see it as anything but the dumb poo poo a right winger would make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

Andy Marlette

I agree, I don't even know who this Plitin guy is!