Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

as a devotee of the ruinous powers I appreciate her commitment to political bloodshed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bessantj posted:

Recalling his childhood, he said "our garden was our foodbank".

just planting veg and keeping chickens in the windowboxes of my third floor flat (which is also wrapped in kindling)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

give me sugar, in water

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

we should adopt that thing in Italy where the local politician who did the biggest blunder of the year gets locked in a cage and dunked in the river

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Guavanaut posted:

a more carrot led

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

if only I could be so grossly incandescent

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Failed Imagineer posted:

Eh not really, but a double cheeseburger for sure is one of the best cost:macros ratios in fast food

the guy who did Freakonomics wrote something to this end

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I just had a bout of short but nasty virus-something (30 hours of ~39° fever, then mostly cold symptoms) and afterwards I've completely lost my sense of smell. Google tells me it might last for weeks, months or possibly forever

Like I tried dipping my nose in a bottle of whiskey and it smelt nothing. I don't like it

:nurgle: corona... virus???

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

forkboy84 posted:

Some brewers yeast thrown into a bottle of liquid poo poo

ahh oranjeboom

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

what exactly does he think MSM means

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

this is amazing, reply after reply of 'no Jeremy not you, you can't have gone woke!'

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

"Oh yeah? Well would the government of 1930s Germany do this??"

*does exactly what they did*

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

HopperUK posted:

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?!

that guy is in prison now for murder

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

https://i.imgur.com/KHbuqUZ.gifv

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

jaete posted:

the mechanism is human brains op

the way they work, they make humans imagine ghosts

Machinery running at low frequency in the sub 20Hz range (infrasound - you feel it more than you hear anything) is known to cause feelings of unease and fear in humans. There's been plenty of debunked ghost stories which cropped up because people got spooked due to low frequency nearby equipment.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

natural phenomena eg. brocken spectre plus human suggestibility equals aah! real monsters ghosts

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

ok men, your mission is to capture and subdue the ghost

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Runcible Cat posted:

Some vague memory of it being bad luck to light 3 cigs off 1 match, maybe?
wasnt that a trench warfare thing? Unlucky to have the third cigarette. First light attracts attention, second light zeroes in, the guy who lights up third catches the snipers bullet

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the mail called it the 'armageddon alarm' which is way too cool for whatever it ends up being used for

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

basically you can spend every night for the rest of forever faffing about with peanut butter and live-catch boxes, attempt poison and wonder if that smell is a decaying corpse under the floor, or you can dehumanise yourself and face to sticky boards. until mice enlighten themselves to the truths of buddhism and overcome desire they are doomed to suffer.

also, there is never just one mouse. Buy a bunch of wire wool and get to plugging holes

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

There will be a nationwide test of the alarm messaging system on Sunday 23rd April.

quote:

For some people a secret phone is a lifeline from situations of domestic abuse and the alert going off would give the phone away. Refuge have made a video on disabling them for Android and iOS here.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

there was a dude in gbs (?) a while back who had a cat named Phyrexian Obliterator

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Fahkin/Cant

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bobby Deluxe posted:

£40 to £180. Tell me this country isn't collapsing.

Following the concurrent interest hikes our mortgage is £600+ a month higher than where it was when we started, within a matter of weeks lol.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Failed Imagineer posted:

People who litter fag butts are scum who should be brutalised

The shopping cart fag end is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

To bin the fag end is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To bin the fag end is objectively right.

There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to bin their fag end. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to not bin your fag end. Therefore the fag end presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it.

No one will punish you for not binning the fag end, no one will find you or kill you for not binning the fag end. You must bin the fag end out of the goodness of your own heart. You must bin the fag end because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it. The fag end determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

because someone will fall over themselves to point out yes it is in fact a criminal offence to drop a cigarette end, it is a repurposed text please and thank you

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pablo Bluth posted:

Fly tippers are arseholes.

what happens when a company you engage in presumably good faith to clear out some rubbish goes and dumps it in a layby somewhere, and then something with your name and address on is later found in the pile? are you liable?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

my grandad used to put the butts in a little tin in his pocket with the spent match and took it all home

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

most basic possible housing implies a level of regulation, which would be a step up from the current stock of new builds

also green day have been going for thirty six years and I can feel my face doing the matt damon age meme as I type this

kecske fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 29, 2023

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mebh posted:

I'm assuming any extra overpayment I should sink into my mortgage as much as possible and ignore the student loan since its pre-tax. Whereas other debts are after tax.

fixed rate mortgage overpayments are capped at 10% of the balance per year. With a variable you can pay off more, if you're in a position where you're likely to have lump sums available on a regular basis

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

doing things for yourself doesn't make money for somebody else op

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Skull Servant posted:

I was actually in London this weekend and used the underground for the first time. I was a bit shocked that there didn't seem to be any wifi outside of whatever Pret was closer.

Theres something like 95%+ wifi coverage on the underground but its operated by Virgin media, so access to it is limited to their customers and whatever other network providers pay the blood tithes to let their users also access it.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

he made a tool alright :downsrim:

^^ :argh:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bonfire of the inanities

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

chabuduo is the way to a happy life

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm with Prospect - the government came back with this years pay offer - 4.5% and no bonus (Because gently caress anyone not in the NHS) - The same email announcing this also announced two new strike dates.
It also said this is the biggest pay rise the government has offered since they got in, but it only looks good compared to that!

My work is refusing to go above 3% for its unionised staff, but then made a big song and dance about giving the subcontract staff & casuals 5.5% lol

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

findus lasagne van drives away sadly

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

someone explained it to me with the following analogy (presumably because I am an idiot) - horse legs are like christmas tree lights, as soon as one goes the increased burden on the remaining ones causes more knock-on problems

e:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I guess I'm just looking at it from the capitalism perspective - I suspect there are probably a lot of horses that could be nursed back to being able to do normal horse stuff if the owners put in a tenth of the money the horse made for them, but the owners don't want to spend that when they can just collect the insurance and get a new, uninjured one. How this is relevant in a thread about Marxism, I can't really say.

the famous case is Barbaro. Won the kentucky derby, had an insanely valuable pedigree, the owners poured an incredible pile of money in for the kinds of surgeries and treatments that most people could only dream of, and he up and died anyway because of the multitude of complications brought on from the broken leg. Its effectively a death sentence for a horse

kecske fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Pablo Bluth posted:

Perhaps it's the photo but those look a bit dumpy legged? Przewalski's horse, wild asses and zebras, unfucked by human intervention, all seem to have a fairly similar frame.

I knew a guy known as shetland tony, because he was short and scottish, and conveniently named tony