Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

eXXon posted:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/1631072098117353473

Rebuilding team refuses to pay three whole million dollars to acquire better draft picks. Great job Gary!!

The money laundering team doesn’t want to actually spend any money. Makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Namestnikov’s 7th NHL team btw

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Arivia posted:

i fuckin can't any more
this goddamn league and the weirdest goddamn white people names

You will be glad to know his hockey reference profile gives off big, Vice President of the Young Republicans Club vibes

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

They are losing picks for this right?

lol what the gently caress are you taking about? This isn’t a coaches challenge where they get a penalty after a denied appeal. Their punishment will be playing short handed with 5D and giving Ben Harpur 20+ TOI

Levitate posted:

It almost really wouldn't even matter if Miller hadn't gotten his dumb rear end suspended

Just incredibly poor timing. Luckily they have a spot locked down but it would be nice to get some normalcy down the stretch!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I’m totally confused as to why Rydahl never got at least a couple games on the main squad. Needed a solid 4C all season. Makes sense now since NYR is pretty much forced to play Goodrow there despite how lovely he is at faceoffs.

Apparently Blidh is a bit of a pest, 247 PIMS in 278 AHL games lol

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 3, 2023

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

jfc this man is paid a lot of money

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

the most embarrassing sport on ice

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jeez Dahlin is so young. 5 year vet at 22.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Prolly should have done this before a completely botched deadline but I mean who among us really knew Chuck was totally incompetent?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

shyduck posted:

I'm curious what the final straw was, especially with this being painfully overdue. Torts couldn't have been happy at all with the deadline flop

I mean it’s the final, final, final, final, straw but I have to imagine the combo on not moving JvR at the deadline- literally the easiest thing in the world for a GM to do and his big signing once again embarrassing himself, not with his play this time, but with his usual dumb antics didn’t help his case.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

In lighter news, they updated Kane’s NHL pic

:laffo: just shave it buddy!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol daddy feeling the need to speak for his adult son and tell you that he is sorry is so loving pathetic and gives you at least one reason his kid is such a prick

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

2 games for Binnington

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Paracaidas posted:

DoPS explains it in a single line of the video: Entering an opponent's goal celebration, well after the play, for purposes of retribution won't be tolerated. They do need to keep a hard line on that.

I think the extra game for was taking the blocker and stick to the head against an unexpecting player.

He is due for a calm the gently caress down suspension. Being a psycho when you get scored on is bad when you are also Jordan Binnington. They prolly shaved a game off because of humiliation....

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1636223733592645633?s=20

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

Binnington really needs to be suspended amd told that his being allowed to play in the NHL is conditioned on his enrolling, and staying enrolled, in an anger management program.

I realize this can't actually be done because CBA. But it's only a matter of time before he maims someone.

90% of the league has anger management issues, it’s just very noticeable when the goalie is particularly crazy

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

What a oval office

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:discourse:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

The flyers letting provorov getaway with this bullshit made everyone else think it was ok

Also gently caress James Dolan for canceling the rangers night because he’s an abhorrent piece of poo poo

Jealous of teams whose openly bigoted idiots are easily replaceable backup goalies, ours is the owner!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I don't think there was anyone BUT Fanatics to even do it? Adidas said last year they didn't want to and Nike is basically out of hockey at this point.

Should have gone with Big Dog

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

fisting by many posted:

Okay, but ten years?

I don't know anything about Fanatics (or jerseys really) so I'll take the goon consensus that they suck at face value -- what's the upside for the league here? Is the NHL somehow getting a pile of cash, contingent on locking in for a decade, from a company that is too cheap for double-stitching?

Who else do they even go with at this point? NHL as usual was probably negotiating from a position of zero-leverage. So sure let’s go ten years. Also I think Fanatics being a cheap bargain bin operation is a positive in the NHLs eyes!

I always hated the adidas collar on their jerseys but yeah at least they are an actual brand

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

what about jimmy vesey!

e: poo poo, forgot he was drafted

My number one boy greasy vesey is topping out at depth guy, but he is a very solid one!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Pungry posted:

Man we really need the Penguins to start winning again so the aggroposting can get toned down.

Do you want more xGF blob charts? Cause that’s how you got more xGF blob charts.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

I wish death on Kreider and Shesterkin too.*

Not Panarin or Zibanejad they're too cute

*I'm joking I don't really give a poo poo but gently caress da Rags

There are a few things PAS definitely give a poo poo about. One is 5000 word diatribes about their 3rd pairing defensemen. Another is talking about Ranger players to the point of obsession.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

T-Bone posted:

https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1638354973116252160

lmao they're still at it, best fan base in the league

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

pseudodragon posted:

The good thing about bullshit like this is that it makes it obvious which orgs are decent and which ones are garbage.

Lol none of the orgs or owners are decent. Let’s not give a pass to the worlds shittiest people because they did something they should be doing anyway. I‘m sure these owners who are “allowing” pride night jerseys are supporting and donating to those in power who are building the framework to genocide trans people.

Edit:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

One time we saw Marc Staal outside MSG after a game and ppl starting surrounding him for autographs and my buddy very drunkingly yelled “who gives a gently caress your no Wayne Gretzky” at him and now I’m very proud of that moment. gently caress that pylon!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

*clears throat*

gently caress the Pens.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Poque posted:

weird. gently caress the blackhawks.

Lol flyers and sharks thrilled that they had replaceable players dumb enough to take the heat instead of management

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

I realized this last week for the 2 games the Rangers played against them. They’re a very good team but they suck all the fun out of a game and are a chore to watch.

Yup I have no interest in playing them in the 1st round. They just grind you to dust and stifle all offense.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Whole thing is a mess. Bettman exists to keep the owners happy and the owners are all horrible CHUD people. Stupid thing is these players have had it ingrained in their brain from a young age that you are a good soldier and do what you are told and this probably could have been nipped at the bud after the first incident, but the second the NHL let people start opting out of pride and getting away with it was a message to all the owners- you can kill this thing. Bad league!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is there any language in the CBA to the effect that players have to wear whatever uniforms the team provides? Anyone know?

My very scientific approach of doing a ctrl-f for “jerseys, uniforms, warmups etc.” didn’t come up with anything relevant

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1641214383496765443?s=20

Fantastic, fantastic deal. Chytil has basically the same amount of EV goals and points as Bo Horvat in 6minutes less of playing time a night (only 14:34!). He's evolved into a responsible two-way center with an absolutely insane smokeshow shot and good instincts to find space in the slot. He'll be in a nice place to cash in, and this guarantees Zibanejad-Trocheck-Chytil as center depth for this little window, and that's great. He'll probably be able to be the 2nd line center as Trocheck evolves and plays more of a "good 3rd line center" Jordan Staal type role. He's 48th in points at even strength by a center (again, near Horvat/Hayes/Bergeron/Barkov/Hertl/JT Miller) getting a lot less ice time.

This is wonderful news

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

that’s up there with Allaire with Hank, Igor, Georgiev, Talbot, Biron resurgence, Pavelec, Raanta, Valiquette having some good years even.

I wonder if there’s competition for these guys. seems like a huge advantage to be able to get performances like that

Also I’m giving Allaire credit for Halak going from
0-5-1, 3.20 GAA, .873 SV% his first six games to 10-3-2, 2.40 GAA, .913 SV% since then. Even tho I think Halak is well beyond his “learn new tricks” phase.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Larry Cum Free posted:

I wonder how long the Flames will keep doing the Principal Skinner "Is my coach so out of touch? No, it's the players who are wrong."

Flames would improved vastly if they just sacked their coach. This is based on nothing but I just know they would be better

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/HurstAthletics/...s-mercyhurst%2F

Good news!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

The rangers have the dirtiest player in the NHL, Jim Dolan and ranger fans. One of the 3 is enough to root for the devils.

Dirtiest player in the NHL :laffo:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

You got a dude (who sucks at actual hockey) going out there trying to give out concussions and injure star players. What would you like me to call it?

Trouba throws big, clean, cornfeed hits I’m sorry you can’t handle that but I’m sure you guys will quote the rulebook at me multiple times this post-season!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

He's only in the NHL because the rangers best strategy to win a playoff series is to hopefully injure the other team's best player. We've seen this happen before.

Nobody would be happier if the rangers got rid of Trouba and his lovely contract than me but if you really think the only reason he is in the NHL is because he throws hits that injure paper-mache players then you are beyond delusional. stop letting the rangers live rent free in your head, your team is good

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

This conversation was about which team was more hatable the rangers or the devils. I'm almost 40 and the rangers have been a punchline for the vast majority of my life, they aren't living rent free anywhere.

the rangers are very hatable I mean check this hat out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

gently caress the bruins they are gonna win the cup