Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Shitclaren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Venn diagram of people who think Perez or Alonso have any shot at the WDC this year is a perfectly smooth brain

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

Lol anybody remember this time last year where that marshall posted on social media hoping Lewis Hamilton had a fatal crash?

That was actually me posting in this thread when Mick hit that wall

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Not buying Aston's pace

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If I was mercedes I would simply add some side pods onto the car, the other cars seem to be doing better with them.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony is alive in all of our hearts.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

Here is everyone's yearly reminder of why Tony got banned last time

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914982&pagenumber=520&perpage=40&userid=0#post510243659

Let's not wish for his return please

I'm wishing for Tony to come back and spice the thread up again

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

they're in the honeymoon phase before alonso fucks htem

Yap. Alonso can't develop a car for poo poo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

acidx posted:

Sounds like a party. Don't worry, this is the worst thread. It spends pages talking about bad reality shows and air fryers. It has nowhere to go but up.

Hold my beer.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alonslow

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cirofren posted:

times seem fairly close, especially up the front, so Ferrari's deg could prove a problem for them against merc and redbull if Vasseur can keep them on track for an entire race distance

shame about McLaren being worse than Haas but we all know they won't have the upgrades they wanted until Baku an-
hang on I'm being told the other teams will also be making upgrades to their cars

Uhhhhhhh Ferrari doesn't have any deg and is in a prime position to win tomorrow???????

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

Hello, I don't think we've been properly introduced, but I'm the one who asked who Naomi Schiff is. Calling me out is not at all tolerated full stop. If I see it again it'll be a report, this will be your only warning

one of the admins. how loving taxing is it moderating a goons server about racing lmfao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Strategy and pitstops were on point today so I'm cautiously optimistic Fred is making an impact. I will not blink if they DNF the next 6 races though

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sainz needs to be retired. I'm tired of these mid race siestas where he loving goes into a vegetative state for the bulk of the race then wakes up with 15 laps to go wondering why he's a pitstop behind the red bulls and is being caught by a loving Aston. I don't know who told him to emulate Schumacher but that's not what they meant

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Big Jesus posted:

🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡🫡
Logan Sargeant reporting for duty

So far he has beaten
Oscar Piastri ✅
Charles Leclerc ✅
Esteban Ocon✅
Lando Norris ✅
Zhou Guanyu ✅
Nico Hulkenberg ✅
Nyck de Vries ✅
Kevin Magnussen ✅

Strong start to his rookie season. The best of the bunch. En route to WDC 2025.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Magnussen podiumed his first race so I see your point, he's trash

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Maybe they should focus on building a not poo poo car instead

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

I remember when Honda was solely blamed for their failure.

I remember when they said they'd be in championship contention with any other engine on the grid lol.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zak brown is, by any conceivable metric, a massive loving moron who is way out of his depth running an F1 team

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

Other prophetic quid posts:

All those are still valid. Atleast Khablam was able to dig up the one where I said newey was a spent force

People were acting like the Aston was a consistent race winner (It's not). Alonso has such a poor grasp on developing a car that Mclaren dropped the Honda engine because of him (the car was the problem, not the engine) so it's only downhill for Aston for the rest of this year, my comments on what Ferrari need to do to win have aged like fine wine

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 6, 2023

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

I will say that Ron Dennis wouldn't let Honda move away from the "size zero" concept even after they begged him to do so, Then they had to get help from the aircraft division so the turbo wouldn't fail, then they had to clean sheet the engine 3 times before it became a title winner. So to say wanting to move away from Honda was a mistake is a pretty hot take.

McLaren on the other hand after dropping Honda shoehorned in the 2nd worst engine on the grid into their car and suddenly was fighting for 3rd and 4th.

Much of the Honda/McLaren debacle should be put on Ron Dennis and Eric Boullier.

you know when you put it that way you're definitely right. It absolutely was Honda's fault that their team of rotating engineers with little to no F1 experience who were contractually obligated to follow what Mclaren wanted, had followed designed and built what the team McLaren determined and demanded they needed for their car. How could I be so stupid to think it was the team's fault.

welcome back wicka

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

I have conducted my own independent review, and have also found one very large issue responsible for McLaren's woes

🫃

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Whole lot of overt blatant racism against Canadians in the Formula One thread which isn't exactly surprising given the alarming anti italian racist rhetoric I've seen in this thread in the past but it is disheartening

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This is the invention of a fat american that probably looks like or is Zak Brown (as all americans look)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I want Lewis to win if he joins Ferrari otherwise I'm indifferent

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

Tory meltdowns are rare but cataclysmic because they just repress that poo poo

STOP THE SIDEPODS

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zeta Acosta posted:

what the gently caress is going on in ferrari

They're dead catting it

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

the fia prez's son died in a car accident

Fuckin' hell..... did he try to turn?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is the The Race the one site where their MotoGP reporter lives in a van?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

TTS the SA F1 threads, get ChatGPT to do some different accents for each poster and you have like 500 solid podcast episodes.

It would be more compelling than anything Sky F1 has broadcast in years.

My initial gimmick for my name change was that I was gonna use ChatGPT to make Tony posts but after the AI Seinfeld poo poo I realized that would probably last about 3 days before it got me permabanned

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Custard Undies posted:

Not often I agree with Khablam, but this!

Early on but he's been making some good posts this season. possible dark horse poster of the year contender imo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Particularly in F1 or any type of racing though - as it’s mostly an engineering based discipline. I recall my friend posting a letter sent from a guy to NASCAR saying that he was going to assassinate Dale Earnhardt.

I've seen some wild poo poo at club level kart racing, just people reading to loving start throwing hands over some dipshit race that nobody is going to remember the result of 2 months later,

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Elendil004 posted:

When I used to watch MotoGP, the races usually had like 45 mins of pre-race discussion on the current drama and stuff, is that similar with F1 coverage or do I need to get all that here instead?

I know that D2Survive is edited to be interesting, but it's made me interested in watching the races and like, getting a little invested and stuff.

lmao just lmao if you watch any pre race poo poo. I got pissed when MotoGP started doing 30 minutes of pre race build up instead of 15 so I had to skip even more time.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ferrari if anything needs more Italians. Ducati is absolutely dominating MotoGP and just hires more and more Italians from the University of Bologna, why isn't Ferrari doing this????

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zedd posted:

For all the jokes and poo poo we make this is pretty accurate really.

These people are all insane; driving high speed coffins around tracks as fast as possible and trying to get away with as much as they can to gently caress eachother over (on track, most are nice off track).

They're gladiators OP

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think you need a certain level of sociopathy to be successful in racing, its not a team sport in any capacity other than name, the more resources you can grab for yourself is always going to benefit you as a racer. Pulling off questionable moves without contrition regardless of the outcome is always going to tilt the hand towards you since everyone else drive more conservatively around you as a result.

In terms of them driving around in high speed "coffins" I think that's pretty laughable and you are by a wide margin safer crashing in an F1 car than you are in the average road car, people seem to get pissy when I bring that up though because it shatters the illusion of "they're gladiators". I think its very questionable how well these drivers would actually do if they genuinely had their life in their hands instead of it being some very stupid fake marketing talking point, but there's no way that's ever going to happen.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

1986 loving owns as a season. the 80s as a whole had some banger seasons tbh just a terrific era

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

It would be like Lewis vs Nico except an actual competition with a competent German and not a delusional German

Uhhhh it was a competition and Nico won???

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Increasingly of the opinion that Ferrari needs to back several trucks packed with money up to Gigi Dall'igna's home and just hire him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the paradigm shift posted:

they'd still gently caress it up by making him shave his eyebrow or something

You can't do that, he'd lose all his powers