Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I would also like to say that Putin is a bad man.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Solov almost got killed in vuhledar. This is important because he's one of Putin's leading propaganda mouthpieces. So for him to literally almost get shelled is quite interesting in comparison to Biden rolling up to Kyiv in a train and hanging out. Aswell as Zelensky visiting the Frontlines with no reprisal.
Even Russian high command in 2023 wasn't dumb enough to attack Kyiv while the sitting US President was visiting. All that would invite is some degree of increased US involvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

HonorableTB posted:

Donbas, for sure. Crimea? That one I'm a lot less sure about.
A successful Ukrainian push to Melitopol or somewhere else towards the Sea of Azov would sever land supply routes to Crimea and make the Kerch Bridge easier to attack. They could very well place the peninsula under siege if the Russians can't figure out how to resupply via whatever ships they have in the area.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Time to mark another square on the WWI bingo card.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Deki posted:

Speaking of, I just heard that Gonzalo Lira got booted out of Ukraine for materially helping the Russian army. Apparently he narc'd out a bunch of other collaborators to avoid any punishment but being kicked out of the country.
Yet another moron who hosed around and found out.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Gervasius posted:

Forte 10 is a Global Hawk, and that thing is massive, wingspan of a Boeing 737

e: beaten, but I have a picture!
I wonder what would happen if some dumbass in a MiG flew into one of these super expensive drones?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

PinheadSlim posted:

They literally pissed on a reaper drone, how much tougher can you get????
Putin needs to figure out a way to poop on a drone. Midflight.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
What's contracting faster, the Russian economy or the size of their Big Macs Hits?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
The Great Patriotic Musical must be one hell of a show.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Mistle posted:

By sending the #2, he accomplishes two goals
If anyone can send their #2, its definitely Putin.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Barudak posted:

I mean, at the point where you are breaking out century old tanks for your invasion why not just go home? For what, the love of the warcrimes?
Now now let's not exaggerate, these are seventy-five year old tanks. It's not like they're putting FT-17s on trains bound for Ukraine. Yet.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Viller posted:

Hes not saying of that as fact, its a loving joke... You cant be serious right?
Lazerpig may be joking now, but with the way the war is going I could see Russia collecting Honda Jazzes across the country, slapping some steel plates and DSHKs on them, and sending them off to the front. The fuel efficient 1.5L engine would be a boon for their logistics. The low ground clearance would be a negative though, especially when Putin orders another offensive at the start of a mud season.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I wonder if the Ukrainians knew something everybody else didn't regarding holding Bakhmut? It would make sense for them to commit more troops over the last month or two if they were confident that the Russians were running out of steam.

How much lower can Russian morale plunge if they lose at Bakhmut?

Edit: Oh look, more nuclear posturing! Putin is going to station nukes in Belarus, taking a page straight out of the Cold War playbook.

quote:

March 25 (Reuters) - Russia will station tactical nuclear weapons in neighbouring Belarus, President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday, marking the first time since the mid-1990s that Moscow will have based such arms outside the country.

Putin made the announcement at a time of growing tensions with the West over the Ukraine war and as some Russian commentators speculate about possible nuclear strikes.

Putin told state television that Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko had long raised the issue of stationing tactical nuclear weapons in his country, which borders NATO member Poland.

"There is nothing unusual here either: firstly, the United States has been doing this for decades. They have long deployed their tactical nuclear weapons on the territory of their allied countries," he said.

"We agreed that we will do the same - without violating our obligations, I emphasize, without violating our international obligations on the nonproliferation of nuclear weapons."

Putin did not specify when the weapons would be transferred to Belarus. "Tactical" nuclear weapons refer to those used for specific gains in the battlefield.

Russia will have completed the construction of a storage facility for tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus by July 1, Putin said, adding that Moscow would not actually be transferring control of the arms to Minsk.

The U.S. State Department and the Pentagon did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

Russia has stationed 10 aircraft in Belarus capable of carrying tactical nuclear weapons, he said, adding that Moscow had already transferred to Belarus a number of Iskander tactical missile systems that can be used to launch nuclear weapons.

When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, nuclear weapons were deployed in the four newly-independent states of Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan.

In May 1992, the four states agreed all the weapons should be based in Russia and the transfer of warheads from Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan was completed in 1996.

Sashimi fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 25, 2023

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Everyone gets a roof and doors, beats riding in the bin of a dump truck.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Tigey posted:

Yeah, Glasgow in particular have their own regional variant of the box with everything a new baby needs to get started:

Ukraine could win the war in days if they offered these to every Russian who surrenders. If their field kitchens could keep up with the high demand.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

GABA ghoul posted:

There is very little consensus in science on what exactly "kebab meat" is. Yes, it very likely contains some animal products, but narrowing it down to a specific part of the animal kingdom or part of an animal is very hard. The truth is that we just don't know and probably never will.
Its definitely better that we don't know.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Vengarr posted:

Why not an actual T-72? They’re just lying around right now
Due to the lack of T-72s, they will squish a T-55 instead.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
This jackass is the living embodiment of "the internet/social media was a mistake."

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Imagine being swallowing so much propaganda you believe Russia can possibly open up another front.
Especially when it relies on the famously competent Russian Navy.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
This is what the Russian state truly fears.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
iirc aren't IFVs at the top of Ukraine's wish list? 150 would be a real boon.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
If we can ever be so lucky one day we'll get footage of an Abrams driving over these and turning them into fine powder. Hell if they're even shoddier than they look maybe a BMP or other IFV would do the trick.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I'm just glad they retreated when they realized they'd bit off more than they could chew.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Karate Bastard posted:

Sweet, a destroyed plane monument! It'll go great with all these blown out destroyed pulverized buildings we've blown out and pulverized to control, and will for for sure provide an equal amount of cover and strategic benefit.
You laugh but Russia could really benefit from the +2 culture they'll receive from capturing the monument. Furthermore,

steinrokkan posted:

Just put terminal autist on ignore like everybody else, there are no downsides.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I can't imagine the sorts of hours utility workers must be putting in to keep the lights on after Putin's many temper tantrums.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
If I had even basic skills with photoshop I'd paste the hull and turret onto the I Want To Believe poster.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Its beautiful, you're beautiful.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Nelson Mandingo posted:

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1646615867285708802?cxt=HHwWhICxsYea-tktAAAA

Honestly I'm shocked at the absolute restraint the jews have with the space laser at this point.
lmao are the GOP going to make this moron and his subsequent trial into another stupid hill to die on?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Finnish Penn Jillette somehow manages to be worse than the original.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

FMguru posted:

It is as foretold in the prophecies*:

* The 1981 documentary film Stripes.

Legit had to look at that for several seconds to see that its a custom Winnebago and not the latest Z comedy vehicle. I was looking for PKMs sticking out of the side windows.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Toxic Mental posted:

The ultra masculine 1kg plates

I could bench that.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Dr. Quarex posted:

Ahahahahahahaha Tucker Carlson fired ahahahaha hope we see him pop up in the Russian news groupchat videos soon
I actually choked on my own saliva from laughing so hard, couldn't have happened to a better person.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Karate Bastard posted:

Now imagine his dumb rear end staggering around walking into walls trying to find the toilet
That's why the tank is there, so he can orient himself in his own bedroom.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
The spirit of the Kamchatka lives on.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It sucks because any casualty on the Ukrainian side is tragic but out of all the missile attacks it looks like they killed less than 50 people and wounded less than a thousand pretty much means each Ukrainian life is worth more than a million US dollars to Russia in missile to casualty ratios.
Reminds me of the balloon attacks Japan launched on the continental US. From the hundreds of balloons launched all they did was start a couple of small fires and killed some kids going for a picnic.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Lammasu posted:

Didn't those kids die like after the war?
Nope. According to Wikipedia at least, they set off an anti-personnel bomb. They either died instantly or shortly after.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1653337177638555650
Tick tock, Solovyov. You'll end up in a courtroom soon enough.
He is the personification of mycrimes.mp4

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

On the topic of the Nord Stream thing, discussion in another thread made me think of a very historical analogue: the Shelling of Mainila. Back in 1939 the world's second biggest rear end in a top hat ever, Stalin, really wanted to invade Finland and break all kinds of international treaties, but didn't want to risk looking like a villain.

So what is a poo poo-headed dictator to do?

They shelled a Soviet village, claimed they had concrete proof it was actually Finland who shelled a Soviet village, and used that as both a propaganda win at home, and to give them the excuse to invade us. Only whoops it was the NKVD all along!

But I'm sure they wouldn't do the same thing again!
The Finns also called it out immediately since they had border guards that heard the guns from the Soviet side of the border. And the shells landed in an empty field, nobody was injured or killed.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Can't take Bakhmut can't even steal a flag smh

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

talk about a rollercoaster
In case anyone's wondering and can't be arsed to google conversions, that's roughly 129k USD or 118k EUR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
How many days until this gets loaded on a train towards Ukraine to live out its days as a crappy SPG?