Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

You see, they didn't explicitly said WHICH march

checkmate natoailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Dwesa posted:

Helicopter was clearly shot down, if Su-34 crashed around the same time and area, it would be quite a coincidence

maybe they shot eachother :smug:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

holy poo poo that is one obscure loving reference

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

If at this point you entertain the belief russia would do any better than iraq I have some armatas to sell you

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

dunno whats happening at all but im howling

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Russia should capitulate and give up The Belgorod immediatly before more innocent russians die, its the only humane option

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Why was that obnoxious poo poo even in ukraine? Was he trying to prove some point or something?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

just lmao that russian army was considered the second best in the world and now they're the second best army in russia

lmao lol

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

zone posted:

So at present time according to what we know, the guys that went on the raid managed to accomplish the following:

Destroyed an FSB border post, captured a few prisoners, Shot down a transport chopper full of Rosgvardia, indirectly caused an Mi-8 to crash when it was being scrambled as part of the response, burned an ammo dump after taking what they needed from it, captured thus far two BTR-80s, 1 T-72, and of all things an intact, working Zhitel jamming complex. And then on top of this, Russia blew up their own bridge and communications infrastructure, and started using Grad volleys, to try and slow these guys down. The cherry on the cake are the two drones that conked the FSB buildings in Belgorod. How much worse can it get from here? Regardless of all that, even this is enough for them to just retreat back across the border with their spoils and do it again somewhere else.

Literally already over a hundred million worth of material damage

Now watch them not responding in force because all troops are either getting meatground in ukraine or guarding the kremlin rooftops

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

jfc lmao

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I got two things to say, so hear me out.

1) Make ALL nukes, regardless of current location, part of NATO. Launch one, anywhere at anyone, it's NATO, Article 5 happens and that's it.

2) If King Kong plopped down a dirigible-sized dooker in the middle of Red Square it would still not be as big of a piece of poo poo as Putin.

:hmmyes:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Set posted:

Just imagine, this could all be over if Putin withdrew his forces and the people of Ukraine could begin rebuilding their lives. It is all such an unneccessary tragedy, and it is all caused by a kleptocratic fascist who wanted to have a legacy of being a tzar. So utterly tragic.

Its surreal to think that all this poo poo is happening solely because of one demented guy's whims. I'm actually surprised there is still a humanity to speak of

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Set posted:

I think we have just been very lucky so far, with the right people at the right place at the exact right times to stop people like Putin from, either accidentally or with purpose, destroying us all. We have very often been at the edge, but managed to get pulled back by one true hero who either said no or refused to follow orders. Pretty scary.

Remember the name Stanislav Petrov.

Had never heard of him, looked him up and now wish I'd stayed ignorant

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

what kind of targets could be expect to be struck once they have ATACMS

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

ded posted:

parade grounds

-1 T34

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

My traditional morning coffee to catch up with the thread took a few refills

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

zone posted:

Well apparently they now have an air force of sorts because they took over the Millerovo airbase and all the planes that were available there. It's like the bit from Die Hard all over again; "Now I have an air force, HO HO HO"

Unless a whole pilot cadre defects I don't think they'll be able to use them

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I want to believe there is a non zero chance RUAF and wagner completely obliterate eachother, putin flees to north Korea and zelensky stumbles into russia and unifies the country as Nova Ukraina to stabilize this poo poo show

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Imagine being a mobnik and being rotated out of the frontline after some really loving depressing poo poo at the front, only for one of the most fuckign evil mercenary forces in the world marching towards moscow now passing by and giving you the option of fighting your own country or being executed

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Is there any verifiable proof they turned back?

This is such a weird turn of events, considering all the alledged defections, you gotta wonder if this is some kind of deepfake or feint

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

what about the tiktok brigade?

They just rolled up for a chance to look tough and then just thumbed their phones for a few hours on the sideline?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Watch out what you click atm. There is a very disturbing video going the rounds of a defected VDV trooper being executed by MOD personnel. Haven’t watched it myself but going from the description its really really bad.

With priggy loving off to wherever and the retaliation beginning against wagnerites and adjecent supporters, this is sure to set of some very sour feelings.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

William Bear posted:

Can NATO truly exercise a deterrent without Vatican City's 135 elite halberdiers of the Pontifical Swiss Guard? :ohdear:

or the massive fleet of Monaco's superyachts

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

What kind of bureaucratic nightmare it must be supply ammunition for all those types of guns

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Geisladisk posted:

I think that the secret ingredient to a substantial part of far left and far right people's politics is just contrarianism.

its literally 100% contrarianism every step of the way

I hate present times

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Satire is dead

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

*first rocket holding tons and tons of explosives misfires and rockets itself into the middle of Moscow*

how could america do this

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

wait we are handing out gangtags?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

How transformative is this aircraft delivery going to be exactly?

I get that air superiority is a thing but isn't the biggest threat ground based AA when your fleet is that small to begin with?

Suppose UA gains control over the airspace, what kind of targets would these F16's be targetting to advance the front lines?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

redshirt posted:

Jesus, imagine living in terror of your own forces.

They probably already do, with the beatings, executions and such

Being enlisted in the russian army must be one bleak depressing existence, just slightly better than straight up gulag

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Dwesa posted:

Putin has spoken :dumbbravo:

I was thinking that was a sensible number

until I saw "in the current counter offensive"

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Dwesa posted:

On the subject of people wishing to die - they probably fly Russian airlines.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1701516381735293320

Ngl, landing a dysfunctional 320 in a field and not have it broken up is not an easy feat

if it wasn't all so pethatic I'd say they pulled a sully with this one

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Tuna-Fish posted:

No poo poo, doesn't "complete failure of hydraulic systems" on an A320 mean they landed with engine power and elevator trim tabs as the only controls? That is absolutely amazing work from the aircrew.

The tweet is probably exgagerating the hydraulic failure, since the slats / flaps are out showing they had at least some hydraulic pressure left on the green hydraulic circuit, which is the most important one

A full hydraulic failure is almost exactly like you describe though and it has happened in the past with a safe landing, which is mind blowing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Baghdad_DHL_attempted_shootdown_incident

Even then though, landing in a soft field is incredibly dangerous and requires some very good judgement / precise control

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 12, 2023

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Omsk has a 2500m runway and they would need about 1700m with that specific failure at maximum certified landing weight in windstill conditions
They still had juice to power the flaps / slats with just thez green circuit failure so I take back my kudos to the flight crew
they straight up bungled the fuel situation and decided to crash land in an open field and got away with it

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Tankies couldn't give a poo poo about what Russia does. "USA bad" is literally 100% of the thought process

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

quote:

Vladimir Putin sat in his office, his face grim. He had just received news from his generals: Russia had lost the war in Ukraine.

Putin had been delusional for months, believing that his army was invincible and that the Ukrainian people would welcome him with open arms. But now, reality was crashing down on him like a ton of bricks.

He had lost the war.

Putin felt his stomach churn. He thought about all the lives that had been lost, all the families that had been torn apart, all the destruction that had been wrought. And it was all because of him.

He had to get out of here. He had to find a way to escape.

But as he stood up, he felt a warm wetness between his legs. He looked down and saw that he had poo poo his pants.

Putin was mortified. He had never been so humiliated in his life. He, the great Vladimir Putin, the ruler of Russia, had poo poo his pants.

He tried to clean himself up, but it was no use. The mess was too great. He was going to have to leave his pants behind.

Putin quickly put on a new pair of pants and ran out of his office. He didn't care where he went, as long as he got away from here.

He ran and ran until he couldn't run anymore. He collapsed on the ground, exhausted and defeated.

He looked up at the sky and saw a bird flying overhead. He wished he could fly away like that bird, away from all his troubles.

But he knew it was impossible. He was trapped in this nightmare, and there was no escape.

Putin closed his eyes and wept. He had lost everything.

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and saw a rotting figure standing over him.

It was Yevgeny Prigozhin, the undead leader of the Wagner Group.

"Hello, Vladimir," Prigozhin said in a raspy voice. "How's it going?"

Putin was terrified. He had heard rumors that Prigozhin was now undead, but he had never seen him for himself.

"What do you want?" Putin asked.

"I'm here to offer you a job," Prigozhin said. "I need someone to sell hot dogs at my new stand in the Kremlin."

Putin was dumbfounded. "Sell hot dogs?"

"That's right," Prigozhin said. "I think you'd be very good at it. You've got a natural talent for disappointing people."

Putin was speechless. He didn't know what to say.

"So, what do you say?" Prigozhin asked. "Are you in?"

Putin hesitated for a moment. Then, he nodded.

"Okay," he said. "I'll do it."

Prigozhin smiled. "Excellent," he said. "Now, let's go get you fitted for a uniform."

add more corruption

quote:

Vladimir Putin stood in the Kremlin courtyard, his face grim. He was dressed in his new hot dog vendor uniform, but something was missing.

"Where's my hat?" he asked Prigozhin, who was standing next to him.

Prigozhin shrugged. "I don't know," he said. "Maybe it was stolen."

Putin frowned. "Stolen? How could that happen?"

"Corruption, of course," Prigozhin said. "This is Russia, after all."

Putin sighed. He knew that Prigozhin was right. Corruption was rampant in Russia, and it was likely that the uniform had been stolen by someone who had been paid to do so.

"Well, I can't sell hot dogs without a hat," Putin said. "I'll have to go back to my office and get another one."

"Oh, don't worry about that," Prigozhin said. "You don't need a hat. You're Vladimir Putin. You can sell hot dogs without a hat."

Putin shook his head. "No," he said. "I need a hat. It's part of the uniform."

Prigozhin sighed. "Fine," he said. "Go ahead and get your hat. But don't be too long. The people are hungry for hot dogs."

Putin nodded and turned to walk away. But then he stopped and turned back to Prigozhin.

"One more thing," he said. "What am I going to do with all these hot dogs?"

Prigozhin smiled. "Oh, don't worry about that," he said. "I'm sure you'll find a way to get rid of them."

Putin frowned. He didn't know what Prigozhin meant, but he didn't like the sound of it.

He turned and walked away, leaving Prigozhin standing in the courtyard.

Prigozhin watched Putin go, a sly smile on his face. He knew that Putin was in for a big surprise. But he was also looking forward to it.

After all, it's not every day that you get to see the former president of Russia selling hot dogs on the street.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Mistle posted:

:lmao: A bunch of Rule 2, but it's coming from people too scared to post in the thread :lmao:

"The Ukraine" is very much in line with "Kiev, and not Kyiv" in that another region has foisted a term on others and the rest of the world just goes with it, even if it might be from an oppressor governance.

If Japan was insistent on calling itself "Nippon/Nihon" instead of Japan everywhere, it would be the same situation, and you would be wrong to insist on the latter when the country itself insists that it be known internationally as the former.

Thanks to learning cyrillic, I occasionally mistype H's for N's and it bugs me even more than it would have, and the worst part is the keyboard keys are adjacent. I do the same with p's for r's on occasion, but only when I'm really distracted.

Also anyone serious about typing poo poo have IME or can just hit up the google translate and peck as a virtual keyboard if they lack admin to install the IME.

Someone forgot to notify the English-speaking French diplomacy that it goes by Kyiv now.

If there is any country that will miss spell or miss pronounce any other country / city name its the French. They usually assign their own names to poo poo and stick with it to the death

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

An underdog standing up to a tyrant and being a badass at it.

You'd think conservatives would fawn over this guy. But the alt right brain worm and their inherent hatred for anything popular with liberals makes them really just want to pick up the shovel and dig

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

CeeJee posted:

The belief that One Big Push is what is needed to win and the losses inflicted are worth it remains strong.

Why though. The only thing they got out of Bakhmut was like 10 minutes of media footage. Are they really expecting to get more out of an even smaller, more insignificant town?

Or is it some shmuck in command who has to present some progress or dig his own hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Dwesa posted:

maybe Russia will nuke Siberia after all :shrug:

Somewhere out there, Willo's balls are retracting inside his body