Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The_Franz posted:

Russia also attempted a massive armored assault at Vuhledar that went spectacularly wrong with them losing a total of over 100 tanks and BTRs in one day.

On the 'Kadyrov is dying' front, this also happened:
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1631978452944404480?s=20

I can see this kind of 'boy-king' thing working for the Kim dynasty since they spent decades building up the family as gods and have the massive state-level structures to support it, but I don't see it lasting long in a place like Chechnya where Kadyrov dying would likely result in lots of internal infighting and purges.

kidney diesies can come from just poo poo life style poo poo too(or your born with it like i was). it means he will probably on dyalisis and turn into a skeleton man. thing is he is a rich monster so i am sure he can "find and create" a match for transplant. so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

Prigozhin is making strange threats that I don't think he's really in the position to be making.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1632148708748935168?s=20

That's quite the implied threat to Gerasimov and Shoigu. With Kadyrov recently poisoned (which is interesting because Kadyrov himself reported that one of his top generals had been poisoned recently, his own poisoning shouldn't be a surprise..), Prigozhin seems to be digging himself into a hole that may turn out to be a tunnel or his own grave, depending on how Bakhmut turns out. If Bakhmut doesn't fall to Wagner or the RUAF, Prigozhin's days are numbered

Edit: christ prigozhin always talks like he's got a bunch of marbles in his mouth

much like alot of autocratic shitheads of various stripes, its always shaped like hosed up wheel where the leader is the axis and everyone else is a spoke, but all the spokes loving hate each other. when poo poo not going well, you see them trying kill each other or etc. kradyrov is probably just the first.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

https://twitter.com/skazal_on/status/1632839925195325443

New deranged Russian flag dropped

"NOVORUSSIA
to each what he deserves"

thats some poo poo some video game writer would throw together if he wanted to make the russians the bad guys but not the goverment or some poo poo. reactionaries a such dumb sacks of poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

RDM posted:

It's smart for a dictator who will be couped without the well trained and armed loyal army. They can safely war crime occupied regions and suppress internal threats while the army you filled with undesirables and haven't really given any resources to gets shredded.

The fightin' army kills some dudes on the other side and it would be nice if they succeeded, but this is an internal ethnic cleansing wearing a hat and a trenchcoat, and your territorial integrity is assured by your nuclear arsenal anyway.

It's horrible sense, but it does make sense (and is why dictatorships tend to be dogshit at wars).

from reading various twitter poo poo and articles and watching poo poo. i think the problem is russia looked at the nazis and their dumb poo poo "SS is seperate elite branch with its own state poo poo" and said cool, lets do that but with all the elite unites and mercs and etc. so now you have no univeral leader and all the military leaders are vying for daddys attention and supplies. doesnt help that they seem to have uncritically believed old nazi propoganda about Soviet tactics too. its loving nuts.

i think another issue is just they believed the chud type bullshit of "big tough rape man will gently caress up all the weak woke lefties" and woops they all died.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 8, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gstb2pdoIpA

New intercepts dropped. First one is a call from a mobik in the occupied Kharkiv region who slowly came to the realization that maybe he was fooled into fighting an unjust war for Putler's ambitions. But what he doesn't get that if not for Russian help, there wouldn't have been a civil war in the Donbass in the first place. The people just weren't interested until Strelkov and friends came along to kick it off, as one might remember from the other intercept of a high ranking officer-collaborator in the separatist forces who was responsible for attempting local organization of subversive elements. The second intercept was caught in early March of this year, and details a Russian soldier talking to his wife from the Luhansk region. He complains that incompetent officers get promotions on the backs of the suffering of the common soldiery, and then details a fairly brutal system with which the Russian military provides medical treatment to the wounded. Apparently there are so many badly wounded being brought to the hospitals in the rear, that unless you have absolutely life threatening injuries like brain injuries, you'll simply be forced to wait for days at a time until you're actually seen to, which results in a large number of amputations as the wounded limbs are by then beyond salvage.

:nms: for description of casualties mostly in the second one.

i am sorry but how is any "great power" like this these days. like i am pretty sure china and definetly the US don't have pre ww1 level conditions for soldiers. like yeah officers will often always been pricks on some level but if i sent this kinda poo poo into games workshop for dumb grimdark writing, they would say its too stupid.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Play posted:

I actually do doubt that Ukraine will be able to take back all of their original territory. The conflict is already showing signs of an extended stalemate. A lot will hinge on whether the Ukrainians can actually make hay with this coming offensive, assuming it does come. What they've accomplished so far is already astonishing.

That being said (the part about Ukraine possibly not being able to retake everything), I have no problem letting them give it their best shot and supporting them to the maximum in that endeavor. Eventually, Ukraine WILL likely negotiate, but preferably from a position of strength. Right now they're on war footing and there is absolutely no reason to concede anything, it would be a massive self own to do so.

Russia does not even want to negotiate, anyways. It's famously hard to negotiate when the other party clearly has no interest in doing so apart from maybe trying to take military or narrative advantage of the process.

my view is they probably take back most of the east and the south outside crimea and it basicaly ends up like DMZ zone at the borders. that being said. i dont think either blink and russia will keep throwing poo poo in various attacks in hopes they can at least achieve some sort of big win or somehow get to kyiv again.

hersh is a loving nut who had a few good stories(my lai and i believe some awful poo poo in iraq) and then went full nut job on and off(weird made up poo poo about the kennedys and other) until he went nuts defending assad and now putin.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Keisari posted:

Nuts, or paid?

possibly both. I dont buy into these folks all being payed plants. its a mix of causes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I am sorry and i am gonna be a be a psycho ghoul and ask, if your gonna false flag to get a big rally around the flag effect, why not actually crash the drone into the building or something like that. they have probably done it before to make a war against the chechens.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

the popes toes posted:

“Shoigu! Gerasimov! Where are the loving shells!”

“Look at them, you bitches! (…) you sit in expensive clubs (…) your children make YouTube videos (…) you think you have the right to dispose of their [Wagner fighters] lives (…) they came here as volunteers and died so you could gorge yourselves in your offices.”

I'm assuming a full translation will be coming out soon presumably before Prigozhin falls out a window.

The initial part of the vid showing Wagner corpses was omitted but can be found elsewhere. The edited vid is embedded in the tweet below.

https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1654257451330404354?cxt=HHwWhIC8meWYjfUtAAAA

Lol at uncle fester getting mad that his world war 1 tactics are killing his penal legions and nazi rape squads. Have fun screaming impotently in your lovely game of thrones politics and verdun hell battle because the lovely reactionary regime and its prednisone filled tsar doesn’t care about you.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Sorry but I couldn't resist.

https://soundcloud.com/dapper-732995873/elevenlabs-2023-05-06t02-43-12000z-celestia-xll70xyd758sswqvnj5b

i made this. it couldnt pronounce tsar. but lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

So fester found some kid and slapped old soviet uniform on him and is ebegging for ammo now. what a dickhead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

all i could think of was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z20ywBq-V7s

a dumb but ok movie overall.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

khwarezm posted:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1663550716236173319
So I'm at best ambivalent towards the attacks on Moscow but its a bit noticeable to me that people like Glen don't ever seem to have any opinion at all about the endless amount of airstrikes carried out by Russians on Ukraine but will say that these attacks that to my knowledge have not actually killed anyone as of now are a dangerous escalation on the way to world war?

The Ukrainians have denied responsibility haven't they? I can't make much sense of the potential positions here, if Ukraine actually is doing it, it would be weird to me that they aren't trumpeting it to their own population as some kind of revenge, but if its some kind of Russian false flag, its weird that they only started doing it now and that they would make it seem like they can't even defend their capital 500 kilometres away from the Ukrainian border.

because they don't give a gently caress about ukraine or ukrainians. fucks like glenn love russia because they hate the US and US bad= russia good. its like reverse american exceptionalism. so instead of "yeah imperialims is bad when anyone does it and maybe doing soft power is better then doing invasions and coups" its "hurr america is the only one who does anything bad ever".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/rochowanski/status/1664481766713835520

some trad freak chud really likes russia.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmVagnlM-Ys

all i thought of.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ukraine war: festers quest.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

EorayMel posted:

How much of just this Wagner walkback poo poo is going in the next call of duty single player campaign?

judging how long they take. probably not the next one but maybe the following.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

I've gone from thinking this was an merc oligarch committing suicide by airstrike to wondering if Putin can actually concentrate enough forces between Wagner and Moscow. He probably can, but it might depend on how large these groups are from wagner are. Like if we're talking division sized groups of wagner mercs just making their way to moscow, big yikes for mr putin.

my friend thinks putin might be dead or hosed up and thats why dickhead thinks he can pull this off.

also, its all national guardsmen and who knows who is loyal to who.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Randarkman posted:

There probably were security forces in and around Rostov, a major supply and command hub for the operations in Ukraine where basically the entire Russian army is. They just let the Wagnerites roll right in. I'm not sure they need to hold out as much as just keep up the momentum and watch Rosgvardia melt away.

i mean if your some lower ranking officer or grunt. are your really gonna die for putin at this point. like the guy sent your brothers off to die in a ill planned poo poo show and doesn't admit anything. "congrats your brother died, here are some discount tickets to loo loo land, have fun". isnt a way to build loyalty from the pratorians when the mercs come for their money and blood.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Yeah, the actual kinetic potential of the Wagner forces is probably not enough to pull things off, but this is very close to a "the emperor has no clothes" moment that'll prompt other ambitious actors to pursue their own goals.

i don't think they do it, but i wouldnt be shocked if they got close and a bunch of republics tried to break away from russia.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1672476452292263936

guess fester is headed to moscow.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Doccers posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1672372366641451008

From "Kyiv in 3 days" to "Maybe we can hide in Uruguay"

putin probably put a makarov in his mouth and took the shortway out of existence on his bunkers shitter now that festers quest is about to beat his rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Clerical Terrors posted:

So did Prigozhin take some kind of deal where he and his men just sit in paid time-out in Belarus for a bit while Russia scrambles to figure out how to deal with them?

something. my guess is he got a deal which he gets to live (for now)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

"hey sorry we killed like 15 people in my tempertantrum, please dont drill me in the back of the head with a bullet"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1676898413630177280?s=20

As long as Russia doesn't get to keep any Ukrainian lands, then fine. Negotiate away. Ukraine demands the restoration of its 1991 borders and any attempt to undermine that should be met with appropriate consequences

notice is says FORMER. this is some weird bought and paid dipshits trying to pull some peace plan that gives russia poo poo.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

These are just normal things that happen when you're winning. Ukrop nazis hide it because they know they'd lose financial backing of perfidious West.

But seriously how could you delude yourself into believing that Ukraine is actually losing right now with this poo poo going on?

because they can;t have bet on the wrong horse,,,, again

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Well we have had tons of success looting museums. Why not activate the KIL-Bot-7000 and break the siege of bakhmut

Kil-bot gains sentiency and begins crushing vatnicks and slow march to moscow.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Normally I'd just say it's hot air for an internal audience but I have to believe at this point the Russian federation really is stupid enough to attack into Poland.

i sorta get the logic because its basicaly a dumber version of Imperial Japans plan with pearl harbor and the strikes against UK/etc. they plan is "ok we invade poland a take a much as we can and hold it hostage and then force the homo nazis IMPs of the NATO to pull all support of ukraine then try to win a good peace".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

please gangtag me with the bye tankie one

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1684017287458615296?s=46 https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1684015527637688321?s=46

Rfk jr cosplays more as his grandpa.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

how much for the cool gangtag?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

beer_war posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottLucas_EA/status/1686082571942174720?s=20

Goddamn, first Hersh becomes a literal meme, now this.

hersh was kinda hosed since that JFK stories and assad finished him. I remember this guy used to be way more credible. guess not.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1686789267027095557#m
He's probably done for. Can't say as i'm surprised this is how it might go down.

bye littlefinger. have fun in gulag and probably in a pit.

:nsfw: movie violence

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 3, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

Ukrainian SOF operating on the left bank of the Dnipro captured a flag of Russia's strategic missile forces lol. Imagine the US Air Force digging some dudes out of a bunker in Montana to throw in a trench to defend a river

ill be a broken goon brain this kinda poo poo always reminds me of playing mount and blade star wars mod, i played a game where i stomped the empire so badly, they were deploying random mercs and recruits because their actual military was all loving dead or wounded.

but on topic. they are pissing away most of their men and now are just using whatever morons they can to hold lines.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zone posted:

Everywhere I only see fonts collapsing :sad:

yeah, i doubt the tuvan volksturm are gonna hold that poo poo.

i mean these guys are probably long dead or worse but yeah.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1698060278145945947
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1698060278145945947.html
If you want to blame anyone, blame your late boss for losing to the Plywood Marshal.

i am curious what the gently caress prig boss was actually thinking, he had to realize if he let putin survive or didnt gun for the thrown, him and his men were either dead or hosed. now he is in hell and his army is either being purged or absorbed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cuba loving hates when weird foreign dickheads show up. one of the unsaid parts of the airplane hijacking craze was that when those guys went to cuba, they would often end up under arrest or in prison or lovely prison hotels because cuba got sick of the heat when a random passenger plane would land in their airport.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Vampire Panties posted:

Interesting. Monke is sorta damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-dont. During the first Odessa-amphibious feint, the Baltic fleet only had 4 of these landing ships and IIRC the general IC consensus was that Russia needed at least 6 to make it work. Is Russia ever going to get their poo poo together for an amphibious assault on Odessa? gently caress no, but now they have the required numbers. Its obviously posturing, even if the ships survive the crossing they would be dead as gently caress when they get into range of the shore, but Russia has a very finite amount of these landing ships left. Another storm shadow strike and Russia will factually lose the ability for an amphibious assault against Ukraine.

yeah, i feel like putin probably loses them either way at this point. its just which loss does he want to swallow more, Discount d-day where tons of mobnicks and vehicles get hosed OR wait for the ukrainians to pick them off at the dry docks with drones.

it sounds like they just got hit with arty and drones until everything stopped moving and then the troops went in a mopped up with more drones.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

large hands posted:

Nice view of this mornings interception of storm shadows by the black sea HQ:

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1705274021523214437?t=OAUX06KagTXIXYKn9MMjCQ&s=19
the admiral probably

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so general rodney dangerfield wants total war now?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rugz posted:

Was there ever one? The most recent casus belli I saw was this one

guess they have to invade hell now too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

we won't even get their because the chuds will revolt and shoot it down.