Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

TheSwizzler posted:

checking moderator response times like casing a bank

like an admin in the sleep aid aisle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

selan dyin posted:

cant believe ive never seen this jfc ive got whiplash

it is in many ways, absolutely bugfuck

but like our rhino, it also always makes me laugh.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

Almost a decade later, I still adore the renfaire guy with a hundred fancy spices and oils that desperately needed help to make a pasta sauce, then didn't even make the sauce.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723305

this is one of the benchmark standard sagas imo. that and the gender-swap fire emblem recruitment hack.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

any is too many

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Danaru posted:

Not many, but there's a violent food derail going on right now about whether you're supposed to put ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise on a hot dog

why must nobility always be so degenerate?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Tweak posted:

why riven

for real, someone explain what the hell happened if that’s not verbotten? I don’t know what the rules are on the reboot and the sad thread makes very little sense to me, but what I do understand seems really really bad:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

What the everloving hell?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

skeleton warrior posted:

Wait. That sign has other numbers?

just spinning around like your hp in earthbound when you eat a mortal blow.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

There was once a GBS(?) thread where some goon was giving a live report about his lawyer wife's stalker/harasser that eventually ended up with goons digging too deep and touching the poop which got the thread hidden away because it might interfere with the court case if the guy actually knew about it. Was there ever any kind of resolution to that whole saga or did it just fade out into the unknown?

drunk nerds IIRC? i don't think there was any good resolution to it, the perp was mentally ill and unbalanced, and goons being goons, probably made the whole thing worse for the poor victim and his family, but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't curious how it turned out.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i feel like any mention of BM needs the caro story as well.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Caro is pretty easily the wildest story to come off the forums and is in the running for craziest story ever told it's nutty

so was/is caro.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Demolish me for reusing a post from a different thread but I want it to be in something more active:

Pictured: congratulations on becoming an admin

Solid lol here

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

man, goons are easy to scam.

brother aziz should be mocked for settling for too little of a grift, not the grift itself.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i'm quite enjoying the ps5, but that's largely because i missed the ps4 era.

also wo long is hard as poo poo but seems like it might be fun based on the demo?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Pretty sure you're thinking of the DVAngels, who were ridiculous, militant purebred Afghan Hound owners.

Mallory Archer had an account here?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

No, the cilantro receptor is a whole seperate thing.

Supertaster refers to taste bud density, like 1 in 4 people are supertasters.There's also an equivalent opposite term, non-taster, which refers to the lowest 25% of taste bud density havers. Both are extremely common; they just have stupid dramatic names which are almost exclusively used by stupid dramatic people.

Your typical supertaster has no idea they even are one, and has either managed to acquire a taste for their supposed trigger foods, or was able to establish a varied diet by discovering the many delicious vegetables that aren't brussels sprouts or whatever sets them off, because food that caters to their palate and isn't exclusively chicken nuggies has always existed.

my wife and i kind of low-key love watching chris morocco's reverse engineering videos at bon apetit and it's also fascinating to see that a supertaster doesn't really taste that much more of what anyone else does. he misses a ton of obvious ingredients lots of times.

Dixville posted:

Grilled zucchini is really good. You can do it straight on the grill or in foil. A friend of mine who was vegetarian used to always bring that to bbqs. If you haven't tried it that way, check it out some time

if you're pescetarian or meat eating, a taiwanese tip for grilling zuccini is to baste them in shacha sauce before and or after grilling, if you have an asian grocery store around. be warned though the sauce has shrimp in it.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 21, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

speaking of pet island, it’s gotten a lot less active since I remember it in the 2010s. was there some big purge or something? i asked a medical question about my poor cat’s teeth there and the cat thread just kinda sank like a stone.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

bromide was uncomfortably crazy

bromide was thankfully like 12 years ahead of their time, if they posted in the recent ish era, they’d be some forum superstar/freaky mascot somewhere on this site, gibbering away in their own gilded cage.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 21, 2023

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the chutzpah is amazing, just s-rank level. i feel pretty bad for the workers who have to deal with a gross rear end goon bed though.

gently caress I wish we had costcos here though.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think they restricted it for electronics after too many people abused it but back when you could pretty much buy something, go to the service desk, smash it with a hammer in front of them, and get a full refund

reminds me of the guitar center return policy for touring bands. that saved quite a few horrible young band tours, i can tell you.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

TheMightyBoops posted:

Monster instrument cables used to have a lifetime return policy and until I stopped playing guitar for 10 years there was a period where I just never had to buy another instrument cable again. I’d just bring the shorted cable to GC and they’d hand me a new one. I did it like 9 times.

hell yeah, but their cords kinda sucked. one band I was in, my coguitarist just used to absolutely destroy speakers. was into using underpowered cabs for some reason. so he would just keep taking them back when they were still under warranty. went through like 6 in a half year before the guitar center on halstead in Chicago caught on so he had to start taking them to the ‘burbs ones.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

TheSwizzler posted:

I’m here to kick rear end and shoot cum

And now I’m all outta cum

blowin smoke and blastin rope

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

“fuckin lomarf”

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

TheSwizzler posted:

gotta put my dry humpstravaganza on hold due to fried rice shits lomarf

i feel like the air tastes like zinc when I read those posts.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

all i remember is that he would post obsessively about like, every single DVD and Blu-ray Star Trek release, including articles detailing them on fan news-sites. that and being a pedophile.

talk about typecasting, jeez

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

also god drat the ending to cryptonomicon is a wet fart

so basically it’s just like every other Stephenson novel.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

a.p. dent posted:

seveneves had a shockingly bad second act. really annoying

yeah, he really sucks at anything past like the first act of a novel. it's like he spends all of his creative energy in the first 50 pages and then he just writes to hit the word count/plot points. when i was a young nerd he was all the rage, but i still think snow crash < neuromancer and i will stick to that until they bury me.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the magic powers of linguistic isolates means that basque people are essentially battle mages.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

fuckin' lol. this site never changes.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

aren't you glad you reopened the sagas thread now, jeffrey?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the true crime here is giving some of the worst posters on the site a chance to gloat

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

she's been doing this for years? am i reading this right? jfc lol

it's pretty amazing.

Mr Teatime posted:

Good posters and bad posters together, forums grudges cast aside joining hands in one golden shining moment brought together by how incredibly funny this is.

whichever side of the sa divide you might be on, you have to admit this is one of the all-time great obliterations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i really want to know who bought her the km avatar. thats the real forums columbo.

gonna lol if she did it herself

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

real wire season 5 vibes today.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Autisanal Cheese posted:

it’s true, would anyone like to confess to some weird crimes for no reason

i personally find weezer to be incredibly mediocre.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yeah and then also trying to own their forums enemies still in an "apology" post on the way out. a saga for the ages

Tale as old as time
sagas fine as wine
Beauty and the self-purchased transphobic Beast avatar

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

this is like the third time i've clicked on you posting this and i lol each time.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i cxan't believe people wanted to close this thread and miss out on such powerful purestrain absolutely hilarious drama.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thanks. It's such a great scene from a truly great movie.

thinkin about starting a "pyf old-ish movie thread", and bridge on the river kwai is always in my top 20, incidentally.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Kchama posted:

She actually did help me when I was in real trouble (gave me money for food when I was homeless), so even though was she did was really embarrassing, I have trouble hating her.

i don't think i really hate any of the posters here, but there are a bunch i wish were more normal, pleasant people to deal with. KM went down during my forums exile, so i have none of the trauma associated with her and all of the "i can't believe people fell for this, lol".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's fine to remind people that even the worst posters are a land of contrasts, and I'm glad you're in a better place.

but also

Fluffdaddy posted:

On the flips side when I was homeless she was using the same tmr help thread to get money to buy a laptop to do gamer poo poo on.

lol. KM was a bit different than spr losing they drat mind and false flagging themselves.