Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lol I thought that was a popup menu to bet directly on the tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have a friend that gets drunk and spends hundreds of dollars on online scratch offs directly from the state of North Carolina

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

anonumos posted:

Except one brand measures in ounces and another grams for the same exact product. So you end up having to convert anyway.

i recently discovered that the WAL MART app is actually v consistent on using price/oz. very nice since i got laid off and went back to my college menu of great value brand foods :dings:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mad Wack posted:

can you post the thread or w/e for the 23% of twitter users who no longer use the broken nazi tweet website

it's like 10 pics of various juice blends labeled as, for example, "mango passionfruit" but all being like 50%+ applejuice

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

lol cool

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
how many of those 17,000 FRACTURE CRITICAL ones are huge fuckoff important bridges

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Willa Rogers posted:

maybe it's different for those millies who tend to be less social & less socialized, but going by the teeners I see hanging in the park to get high just as their foremothers did 50 years ago I don't think it's true for zoomers.

we like to sit at computer

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Weed is cheaper now than it was before inflation

I pay less than half what I did for the same amount 4 years ago. It's pretty wild

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's good boomers won't have any money to leave their kids because they also get to be treated better while they're old and useless than their parents did

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Smythe posted:

i vape constantly and smoked a pack a day for 15 yrs so im going to Die very easily :discourse:

same

how come the tobacco companies haven't gotten smoking bans overturned yet? Seems a lot like the gambling thing

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

i hate these ppl. nice glass box full of silver Christmas ornaments also (?)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BrotherJayne posted:

The hobby poo poo is what really gets me.

No joke bought a goddamn 200 dollar lego knockoff uboat cuz that poo poo just lets me turn my brain off for like 8 hours.

Things goddamn huge

knockoff Legos ???

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im convinced: antitrust breakup both apple and Google and make phones illegal

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Casey Finnigan posted:

Euros are crazy with the cigarettes though. My cousin buys big ol bags of loose tobacco and rolls them up with one hand on a windy day. I'm very impressed by his skills

the only thing i remember from Pulitzer winning novel "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" was a scene where one of the characters is idly going thru the cigarette butts in an ash tray to put together one cigarette worth smoking. I remember thinking, drat id probably do that if it was WW2 too

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i use a fire tv cube out of convenience/laziness and they started playing loud video ads as soon as you tell it to turn the TV on. you're already recording every sound in my apartment and now you do this to me wtf

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Biplane posted:

No it's not lmao

ya i got laid off and i think when i run out of money im just going to starve to death instead of getting another lovely job. Yolo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

100%

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
(said, somehow without PUKING) some young peopel think there's more important things to life than lovely meaningless jobs

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lmfao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
nationalize ubereats because sometimes im really drunk and need a cheese burger

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

euphronius posted:

Remember the early days of the internet? (I was born in 1992, so I do.)

lol

Lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I bought a house out of college for 120k in the boonies. I got laid off by the one single employer in the area in 2017 and sold it for 150k and started renting because I moved to a new city with employers. I'm a loving clown, basically everyone I graduated with own houses with massive gains on them lol. my old house is estimated 400k now btw

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

loquacius posted:

Was it ITT where someone responded to figures about fast food price inflation by posting recipes

im pretty sure it happens every time it comes up anywhere on the forums

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

slave to my cravings posted:

yea there is at least one guy that always shows up to the monthly library sales here with buckets and just loads them up with whatever reference/textbooks are for sale without even looking at them because all the books are less than a dollar

i wonder if that's a lower cost per sheet than toilet paper

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SKULL.GIF posted:

Things that happen in a booming economy:

it's all those cheddar bay biscuits they just GIVE away

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
isn't that showing it underestimating the weight ???

AARD VARKMAN has issued a correction as of 17:37 on Apr 18, 2024

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

no, it means that the weight on the price tag is 2 lbs over what the weight is when you weigh it on a scale. you don't weigh chicken at self-checkout, that scale is for like produce and bulk candy, all meat is pre-tagged before you get to the counter

I guess my assumption going in was "wal mart's checkout scales are hosed" because the lawsuit was about the checkout scales being hosed, not about already packed weighted stuff being fraudulently weighted by over double

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you are incorrect, it is specifically for already packed weighted stuff

ah got you, id just heard about the checkout stuff over and over and the one article I read focused on it exclusively for some reason

lmao the audacity of 2 lbs for 5 is more than i would have ever believed even from Walmart

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
computer diddlers

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tom Tucker posted:

The crazy part is every smart person I know loves Gmail, an email app which is objectively terrible. Outlook is 100x better than gmail ever was.

outlook hosed their search up. it worked for years and then overnight it gives you algorithmically ordered search, like, highlights instead. Dogshit

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

How are these the best paid people in the world?

wtf is the correct answer

other than not A

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I already spent more than the $1 difference in gas getting to the fuckin place no way I'm going home over a dollar. Sunk cost my dick and balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ProfessorBooty posted:

That's such a nonsense question when you think about how most businesses operate anyway.

"suppose you are willing to pay up to $1000 for landscape work. Your favorite contractor bids $1100. Do you maintain your business relationship with the contractor of known reputation or do you throw the dice and find someone else?"

Obviously you find someone else lower, $1100 is a hard number on the sheets, landscaping doesn't even make any money so who cares? Take the first $1099 bid you find