Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCC_dVGIMDM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

when you withdrew but she still bailin

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1635607562245615616?s=20

:thunkher:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

worst person you know, so close to getting it, etc.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the only market that ever needs cooling is the labor market

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

one way to cool the labor market is to let more immigrants in

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

net work error posted:

I recently saw milk billboards saying that milk hydrates better than water. Can't imagine chugging milk after a heavy set of deadlifts lol.

gym bros chug milk shakes all the time

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

that's protein powder and it doesn't make you nauseous it just fucks your guts up in many other ways

I thought it was mostly whey powder

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

it's the opposite actually, familiarity breeds contempt.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:yeshaha:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Poco posted:

Lol, lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

meanolmrcloud posted:

The one VC guy I know is taking the line that it isn’t a bailout and you are demanding the suffering of millions of workers if you insist it shouldn’t have happened.

the only good VC is a dead VC

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

anime was right posted:

they wont do this

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

it will last because it's a fig leaf for collusion

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Spoondick posted:

well you see for every money there is also an anti money and if they occupy the same place at the same time it ceases to exist so modern finance is all about finding new ways to keep money in different places so they don't meet

it's double entry bookkeeping all the way down

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:yeshaha:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I love getting refi notices on my car. Sure I would love a lower car payment, but I also don't want to be paying for my car for an additional 7 years. I put down as much as I could afford for a down payment so that I wouldn't have to get another 7 year loan.

this, helocs, and reverse mortgages should be illegal

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jumping on the wendy's is too expensive train

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tritium is meh and this is a scheduled outage

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Azuth0667 posted:

This is how I get students interested in physics when they have no idea what science they want to study.

It's all waves people.

vibe science

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this guy is anti-free market. the efficient markets hypothesis is based on no transaction costs and perfect information.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this guy said it better

https://twitter.com/OldManMrGoober/status/1639284641793187848?s=20

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1639268251711553550?s=20

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

anime was right posted:

zerohedge sucks but i lolled. the prolly stole the image

:capitalism:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

"Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

i hate the loving eagles man

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

i lived in a flat owned by a rich old lady who rented out flats to people at enormously sub-market prices during her retirement

my impression was that it gave her, basically, a hobby which put her in regular contact with much younger people who had a baseline of sympathy for her. i paid basically nothing for a small but very well-situated flat, so it certainly worked with me

she's a mensch not a landlord

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Shipon posted:

God forbid I get exploited by the large bank instead of the small regional bank!

All just Warren-ite "capitalism is fundamentally good but needs to play by the fair rules!" cope

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

slave to my cravings posted:

somethingawful wins again

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

webcams for christ posted:

well well well if it isn't the consequences of the FDIC's actions

https://twitter.com/business/status/1640813525026197541

working as intended, won't fix

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

This is what they think but it’s not actually true. Covid proves it - they killed over a million workers but now they can’t wrap their heads around the labour shortage and the economy is destabilizing.

automation will fix it!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Marx Headroom posted:

hes not wrong that students tend to stay within the same level of academic peformance throughout their career regardless of interventions, which suggests that some genetic basis of intelligence (that we have yet to understand) is a deciding factor in outcomes

what he glossed over* was that these discrepancies dont exist across race. so some kids tend to be naturally dumber/smarter compared to their peers (and we currently have no way to fix this), but no races tend to be dumber/smarter than others

you kind of have to compare the research to figure this out, hence occasionally looking at lovely stuff like the bell curve. theres nothing inherently wrong with engaging with it seriously.

and like, theres nothing inherently anti-left about natural talent deciding outcomes within cohorts. there are absolutely leftist ways to accommodate this conclusion and provide fair, just education systems for all students. we cant provide these systems unless we understand how the needs of these kids actually works, and that means confronting the reality of the situation, even if the science leads to uncomfortable places. you cant just throw out science, in fact good science should be the basis of a rational communist society. you can do the science better but you cant just ignore the conclusions you dont like.

if you refuse to even consider things like intelligence scores and academic testing then youre ignoring the actual needs of kids and frankly youre not really committed to acadmic justice

*I dont see why he wouldve needed to bring this up bc they were discussing gifted student programs, not whether Asians are better at math or whatever, so idk why people are acting like hes a race scientist or something

if we're talking about practicalities, a lot of what can be changed about a person's development is determined before they turn 6. we know what the right answer is: universal young mother/parent and infant/pre-k programs. but the people in charge simply won't spend the money.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

speaking of kids, my kid shot ahead in reading proficiency when i just let him play video games nonstop because there is So. Much. Dialogue in lego games and even mario. finally, they made video games educational by having everything be tedious and overexplained. gonna have to get him some real tedious and long winded rpgs next

wow! disco elysium might be the most educational game of all time!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

loving christ almighty

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's neat seeing the final steps of this transformation into a pure chat thread. Pretty soon I can unsubscribe.

the real doomsday is the postin pals we made along the way

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

is china still deflating the renminbi relative to the dollar? i thought it hadn't been directly pegged for awhile

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's this. Turns out, when police aren't intentionally escalating situations, the crime rate drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdpG92dsx1A

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Beached Whale posted:

a lot of you assholes here make fun of America's investment bankers, I don't know how you can watch this and not think "wow, they really are suffering just like us" as the wealth that she creates from her emails trickles down to me like drippings off an ice cream cone

https://i.imgur.com/IW2dumD.mp4

why even commute? shower at the gym and sleep at the office.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

who could have predicted this???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

silentsnack posted:

science can tell the difference if you send it to a cum lab, otherwise you're stuck hoping your sommelier can taste the difference

i'm a level 9 cummelier, certified by the court of master cummeliers