Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/stupjam/status/1640845904797212672?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The real important question for this game: will Master Mode be available from the start? :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Let me stable a bear or the skeleton horse, game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bolson Construction has a strict no horny policy towards Link.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Dammit I came here to post that. I lol-ed a bit when I saw it

How many of these characters are helping only because they want to gently caress Link

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who has those old comics from the announcement with hot ganondorf

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Alexa, please alert me the first time you see a tweet with the word "Gannondaddy" in it, and block that person

Same, except bookmark.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Asterite34 posted:

After everyone was thirsting for shirtless Link in 2017, now everyone's thirsty for shirtless Ganon in 2023. The Twink-Daddy Pendulum continues to swing...

This is the main conflict of the game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

precision posted:

I did a shrine where I had to motion control a ball through a maze and definitely do not agree lol

After 10 tries I was like fine I'll just turn off motion control

Turns out motion control is not optional for those puzzles lol

I eventually got it but man

I used motion controls to flip the maze entirely and use the smooth surface on the underside to easily complete the puzzle

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cirina posted:

I am absolutely going to try to fight Ganondorf first thing armed with a bundle of sticks and attack up food.

Big same. Looking forward to repeat this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well folks with the reviews and everything else starting to pop up it's time for me to dip. I (hopefully) will be picking up my TOTK switch tomorrow and using that to get back into BOTW to remember the world, maybe hunt some koroks and just have some fun with the game until Tears is out. So I'll be back in like uh.... probably June or July after I finally finish the game and spend 300 hours exploring everything. It was great to get hype as hell for this game with you all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just starting this morning and right off the bat I’m back on my old bullshit

https://i.imgur.com/4GPEiR1.mp4

Throwing low durability things at enemies so it smashes in their face was one of the big joys in BOTW. Now I get to do it with fused stuff??? GOTY

The cooking recipe book is fantastic, wish I could access straight from a cooking pot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All right I’m back for a quick question which I’m sure has been asked 700 times: What’s the “all right, time to gently caress off” point in this game? I just unlocked the camera and it seems I’m finally at a point where I’m free to work on either of the main quest locations. Is there anything else tied to an early quest/shrine I’m missing or is this the point to explore? Couple of notes:

- Goggles mentioned the shrine location upgrade but sounds like I need to progress the main story for him to head to Hateno.
- Stables appear to also be story gated for the time being.
- I’m missing one thing on the L menu. Is this also story gated later on?

So far this has been exactly what I wanted out of Zelda. I’m looking forward to go all in on this during the weekend.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kaboobi posted:

at this point I'd just explore the hyrule fields and mop up any shrines and then head northwest to the rito village

1) this will progress when you clear a dungeon
2) they're not, just go find any of them except for the opening town one
3) it's not story gated, but if you want a hint as to where it is: check underneath the great plateau

Good to know! Ok so I’m in a good spot now to go explore. Thanks!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat this game is going to consume all my time

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Could use a quick yes/no on wether I’m on the right track: So I went ahead to The Great Plateau since hey I’m sure there’s something there. At the Temple of Time I went to the statue/shrine and get a message about being trapped under water behind the stone gate of the great plateau. I found a stone gate on the NE side, just west of the forest of time. This drained a section of water so I thought, great, that was it! Except there’s nothing under water? Was this just a shortcut / entrance to the plateau or is it related to the shrine?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CJ posted:

iirc there is something to talk to there, it belnds in with the ground. If not try talking to the statue again.

Ah drat I missed it the first time around. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh. Oh holy poo poo. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sigher posted:

It's still there, part of the tutorial shows you how to do it.

There's a shrine specifically for shield parrying but in classic BOTW fashion it's up to you to run into it and find it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/twelfthouse/status/1657379770752208896?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need to develop a universal pattern for a signpost holder because buddy what the gently caress are you doing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Completed a big multi part quest and now I’m thinking I might actually start the main story. I thought I’d find more shrines in the world but they’re either well hidden or they’re just not as common (yet). I also feel Im missing a thing or two in terms of accessing some of the higher sky islands so it’s time to do a little bit of progress

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/krembeni/status/1657293095925592065?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

"huh, a hidden passage under hyrule castle. shouldn't take too long to explore"
- me, an absolute fool

the scope of this game is mind-bending. it's downright fractal in how every innocuous passageway leads to hours of more exploration

I am spending hours, HOURS, just exploring and unlocking waypoints both above and below. It all started by completing a quest and I figured I'll go unlock one area. I still haven't gotten there. Where the gently caress is time going jesus christ I have poo poo to do today

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RatHat posted:

Apparently if you fuse a minecart to a shield you can shieldsurf on rails?

https://i.imgur.com/TIcxG61.mp4

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need so many drat arrows

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

Someone give me a spoilery way to upgrade my cells. Ain't no way the intended method is to bring 30 chunks at a time to that armory in the tutorial area that you can't fast travel to, buy like ten pieces of the crystals, wait for the restock until you can afford to go to the refinery that you Can fast travel to

There’s more cell refineries in the world. Hell there’s one right outside lookout camp, I think. In regards to the crystals, there’s a few spots where you can find/earn a shitload of them. Specifically the various mines in the depth are covered in the stuff. I ended with like 400 crystals last night just exploring the depths and I didn’t cover much ground

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’d be using rockets a hell of a lot more if they weren’t so rare. I gotta play the gacha game and stock up on em.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh there’s Hetsu…. 30 hours into the game lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

External Organs posted:

Man, those zonai big cube dudes are really satisfying to take down.

Yeah it loving rules the various ways you use the powers against them. Once those fights clicked I’m now actively looking for them. The cores you get from them are GREAT for weapons.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

On BOTW I think it was based on how many enemies you killed? It would eventually bump everything a tier. Or maybe that was a master mode thing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ogmius815 posted:

I hate how the overworld boss fusing materials work. Since I can’t pick them up in my inventory, if I don’t happen to have something to fuse them to RIGHT THIS SECOND they end up on like a stick that breaks immediately. Feels bad.

Blood moons are definitely happening more often than in BotW right? I have mixed feelings about it.

You can unfuse stuff and replace stuff on better base weapons (if you haven’t used them much)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh a little hole in the wall? No problem let’s go check it out.

Two hours later, :lol: I loving love this game. And hey I have the soldier set now! Now to figure out how to upgrade it

Also I found the shrine where you have nothing but the little drones to fight for you and it’s now my missions to stockpile on them and become a zonai swarm master against a boss.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Khanstant posted:

Max stamina and then hearts. Armour matters way more than heart count.

I find stamina to not be as critical with stuff like recall and ascend. Those two go a long way to get you places you shouldn’t. That said I’m at 10 hearts now and with some armor it feels good enough for now (only 1 dungeon / boss cleared). I’m a couple of shrines away from having the 2nd stamina bar and I think after that I’ll go back to hearts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

they’re hideously strong and to my knowledge have no obvious weaknesses like the guardians’ laser parry

always be wary of an enemy that changes the color of the sky on spawn

Best part about them is if you do manage to defeat them then you’re going to have a BAD TIME

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yes they’re really loving good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just build a robot monstrosity next time they show up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LINK NO

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pro tip for the chasm that just clicked for me: the chasm and the overworld are pretty much a mirror in terms of land where rivers and lakes are walls and voids. So one thing you can do is change the mini map to the overworld while you’re exploring/traveling the dark as the land should generally match. Of course this relies on you having the tower above unlocked so you have a map to rely on

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As long as you don’t totally go underwater, making a boat is easy!

https://i.imgur.com/32frKuy.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Folks wish they were on my level

https://i.imgur.com/TyrE4O7.mp4

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 16, 2023