Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I can’t get over the idea that it’s better to just let a home burn, and then go have a chat with the insurance company to get it covered, and build a new one hassle free.

Edit: maybe someone told him that firefighters save people’s pets from house fires, and he’s just leading the charge on a new front in CSPAM’s war on dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

That’s the kind of hustle culture grindset that we’ve really lost, it’s a sad state of affairs.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I’m pretty sure the first movie my parents ever took me to see in theatres was Batman Returns, and I was so freaked out the first time Batman showed up that I stood up and walked out of the theatre.

It’s only just now that it’s occurring to me that I was only like three years old when that movie came out.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

We used to go to the lake every summer when I was a kid, and I’d get a weird sense of dread whenever we went swimming that there was something lurking at the bottom of the lake.

I told my cousins about that when we were kids, and they were mostly supportive at the time, but the next summer they made sure to bring Lake Placid as a rainy day movie.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

told the barista a couple blocks away i liked her nails and she hit me with an anecdote about "one of my partners" seattle loving sucks dude

I just got this from the opposite angle a couple weeks ago at my barista gig when I asked a customer to clarify something about her order, and she was like "oh that's for one of my partners" and then waited a half beat before starting to tell me all about her polycule, with absolutely no regard to the fact that I was managing a long line of customers alone.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Autisanal Cheese posted:

so what was her polycule like

I’ll say I did genuinely consider asking if they posted on Bread and Roses.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

womb with a view posted:

My family did a version where you got to open one single gift the night before and the rest in the morning. Best of both worlds.

This is basically what we did, but my dad would buy us each a book to read the night before, since he knew we’d be too excited to sleep and needed to be distracted.

I got all the Calvin and Hobbes collections over the years!

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I hated Thanksgiving growing up because the food is boring and there's way too much of it so leftovers last forever. But also because my mom would run herself ragged making it and be horrendously grouchy all day. If I tried to help, I'd get yelled at for doing stuff wrong or getting underfoot.

Then I moved out so none of that poo poo is my problem, and Dad convinced her to scale back in any case. I like Thanksgiving more now, but that doesn't stop me calling it "indigenous subjugation day" irl.

My mom always took two days to get the meal together and had it all well planned and organized, so it was never chaos, but eventually her health hit a point where she couldn't really handle it so my sister took over, and it turned very suddenly into a complete stress-meltdown shitshow. She would have a million timers going on her phone at all times, and get super frustrated that we couldn't immediately identify what they were all for.

After the third year like that someone else took over hosting

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Im moving to a new city this week and need to find a job, I’m tempted to start yakuza 0 at the same time and just see how far into the series I make it before someone hires me.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

That or I’ll find a job that I’m immediately fired from because I won’t shut about my plan to increase productivity by hiring a chicken to run the place for me

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

No, unfortunately, there are numerous crazy people who pumped a lot of money into this website hoping to become big name C-SPAM posters. It's like all those popular Harry Potter fanfic writers vying for book deals, except it's internet drama that will never manage to lead to IRL success.

Jack Allison is extra sad, because he already had IRL success, that he torpedoed chasing twitter and c-spam clout.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Half of Dracula posted:

Tides of blood ftw btw I liked playing as Leto and hitting em with the golden path

Holy poo poo this post just knocked loose a 20 year old memory of doing so badly in a Tides of Blood match that my friend yelled at me in the hall at school the next day.

golden path did rule though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

It’s a shame that the nohman alt got found out before launching a crappy screenshot LP in honour of his dead mercenary hero TheDarkId.