Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I'm optimistic for a strong new chapter in Sagas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

Since the Sagas thread directly led to the creation of the new goonfund, and since the poster in question was often ITT, I wanted to link my post that talks about the fund, and this weekend's incredibly awful event.

why does this website have to be so loving stupid

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

pentyne posted:

Seeing something like this is like when Aatrek was banning people for posting about My Little Pony and said they were too obsessed with media for children

It's always weird when it's someone with an active 00's era account who's rap sheet is pretty much 50% of stuff from the last 2 years. Like....something happened or its a clear sign to take a mental health break from the forums especially since the most recent probe was for reposting a reddit comment about spicy asian buttholes and then getting mad in the thread when given a 6'er for how weird it was.

Beyond that the most probe recent stuff in 2023 was "my cleaning ladies hate me :sad:", trying to call out posters who like Rick and Morty, and having some kind of weird breakdown in a videogames thread and posting some personal info the mods blanked.

On a related note, weird breakdowns in videogames threads and posting personal info are like a major red flag for someone who later gets seriously banned/perma'd not for any common reason other then a general "drat, you need to be off these forums"

they'd been getting into really loving weird, mostly one sided fights for as long as I've been aware of either of those accounts.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

RyokoTK posted:

how loving insensitive and stupid can you be, good grief lmao

that’s like, bafflingly stupid

at the risk of approaching the thread title, i take it you are not aware of the president dictator for life of chechnya

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

That’s just Juggalo life.

I LARPd when I was like 20? But tbh it was just an excuse to see my friend across town and go to Denny’s at 2am and eat trash food. I clearly remember the last time I went because some of us went to WalMart at 2am and it hit me I’m that person considering buying crayons in a WalMart at 2am.

I was that person who didn’t take the game seriously via playing as the goofy Malk that read tarot with Pokémon cards then when chided in-game for being childish dressed up nice and pretended to be a Ventrue (“I’m the secretary!”) taking notes that looked like nonsense but were coded player names/plot points (because I was bored af at these things).

what item you are buying at walmart at 2 am really says a lot about where your life is at

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
posting in my Halliburton branded #feminist shirt, you better believe I can imagine supporting women that much

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

FirstnameLastname posted:

its pinkherturn now

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

the “omg people think I’m a rereg so wacky” is also usually a dead giveaway.

there's like a dozen things that are dead give aways. usually it's someone turning up in the same threads they posted in before getting permabanned on an account that was conveniently registered within a week of the perma or some other big probe going through. plus a bunch of the permabanned people on this site are peculiar in really, really identifiable ways and/or have really specific pet things that they always start fights over

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Beats me but they can and do ban people for using macros apparently.

It’s probably something like this and even if you could program your controller to stagger button presses slightly, unless the inputs are randomized, you’d probably get caught sooner or later. I don’t really want to pay $200 for a macro controller anyway.

Fuckin’ crazy that they will ban your account over binding 3 inputs to one though. Man, that would have ruined my D2 hammerdin

days late on this but fyi they 100% will not and do not ban for this and I haven't even heard of a single ban for this in like 4 years. like 2/3 of the playerbase uses a flask macro to trigger 4 flasks with a single button press (or eventually just automates flasks with 'used when full' from instilling orbs)

hell you'll see people accidentally spam their 2345 flask macro in chat and then a bunch of other people will all spam it back.

Cuttlefush posted:

50% of site revenue is related to purchase of and replacements for pickle stewies, bernietars, the fyad avatar thread avatars, etc. an unknown amount of revenue is from purchasing slower and slowers versions of gif avatars for all gif avatar posters every few weeks.

now suddenly curious what the user with the most replaced avatar is and what the count is according to https://goons.neocities.org/. also wonder if there's a better tool. highest number I've seen in the avatar filename was up in the 20s, but it's gotta be way higher.

mods can hit the 'user info' button and it lists total probations, bans, and avs given to posters and I used to see some people over 50 or 60. looking at the more polarizing people around there's likely some way past that

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 8, 2023

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

shbobdb is an extreme negative attention guy who would normally not be super notable beyond that but for this weird quirk he draws out of all the staff on this site (and i say this with all the love in my heart, but rhino just a bit ago did it again) where when he says insanely gross poo poo about women or rape or etc etc its treated like hes some mythical trickster getting into an escapade worthy of the illiad and not an awful piece of poo poo. so every time he makes one of the worst posts you can imagine someone else gets to step up and make a weird post about him and give him attention. and then he gets banned and makes a new account and does it again. it sucks.

also a bunch of racism and other poo poo, genuinely have no clue how he isn't permabanned (i actually thought he was, but apparently not??). he's gone through a bunch of other accounts and they've all ended up with really hosed up rap sheets

literally nothing about him appears to be a joke or ironic or whatever

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 09:26 on May 11, 2023

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

The Kins posted:

He's far from the most epic prison guy to ever grace these forums, for sure.

my favorite goon prison guy was the tcc one who used to show up at goon meets and steal everything but somehow he kept being allowed back to goonmeets where he'd proceed to steal everything and eventually invite a bunch of crackheads over who would proceed to steal whatever was left. this happened multiple times.

shockingly he ended up in prison

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

sebmojo posted:

This America, man

pretty much

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
actual now permabanned goon: women dream of getting jackhammered by some fat dude with a dick shaped like an axlotl

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cool ex-con covered in racist prison tattoos getting mad at a gbs mod

in 6 months he will be a gbs mod

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
dude wants to sit at the evil mean bullies table

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

talk about a gooey interface lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

Rutibex posting that he’s worked with disabled people way lower functioning than chatGPT sure was something

i've worked with some search engines that were higher functioning than rutibex

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
hell pretty sure an abacus out performs rutibex

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

lmfao

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
im way late to this but good loving riddance to methanar, dude was one of the most deeply unwell people on this site and I have no idea how he coasted along like that for years

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sounds like he should have been for real banned instead of thread banned

you would be amazed how many times this point was made over the years but no 'we want to avoid using bans as much as possible.'

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Fungah! posted:

nyone got the full image gallery of darth dipshit covid helmet guy? tryin to find one specific picture and i dont think i have it

preferably of the costco card

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
not uncommon that people hate something because they were excluded from it rather than because they hate what it actually is

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Ibblebibble posted:

When I was a kid I wasn't really into footie (and I'm not really nowadays either) but a lot of kids in my school year were, so I just picked Newcastle United off a list because to me black and white stripes were cool :v: Even to this day I perk up whenever I glance a news headline about them winning a match out of reflex.

wow typical team sports black and white posting

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Please don't lump me in with the rape RP guy

It's been coming for a while, I just wasn't enjoying posting while having to worry about forums stuff getting done like it was my job

it's pretty sweet just loading up sa like 'hey i wonder what funny posts were made since i last checked' and not because someone blew up your discord about goon drama

gl and welcome back 2 the peanut gallery

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

VostokProgram posted:

you cant possibly understand how haunted he is by all the iraqis he murdered

more likely all the potatos he peeled in some windowless kitchen

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

qnqnx posted:

The Little Prince but its Larry with a potato for a home planet.

lmfao

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

lmao

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
tfw your forum has bricked more pets than fascists

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
it's mental health shaming to suggest that perhaps they should get therapy for it

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
it might seem gay but this is actually the most hetero thing ever (1/49)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
kratom is the ground up plant matter that apparently is like eating dry coffee grounds that people were choking down like 2 full cups of in the morning and evening before getting into 'synthetic kratom' which definitely wasn't an rc opioid that people promptly started spending 20k a year on

like most addiction stuff, the whole thing would be way funnier if it wasn't just mostly depressing

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Tunicate posted:

That's the one where people were breaking into construction sites to use the porta potties because that much fiber is to much for a normal toilet

:stare:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

jeff would never online date. he is in a loving, monogamous relationship with his Corsair Obsidian PC case

that's jeff's mail order bride

Leal posted:

Wait we can do that?

go wild, it's the one perk of being an ik

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

FirstnameLastname posted:

joose was phenazepam
a huge dose of its like 4mg and they shipped it in jars of pure powder like a protein shske
lol at how goons were eyeballing microscopic amounts of an old soviet research benzo with paring knives because a sub-mg accurate scale is pretty expensive and crashing your car into a ditch after impulse buying a grand piano on ebay isn't

lookit this guy who has never crashed a grand piano into a ditch

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
impressed to see admins semi-regularly doing the extremely obvious right thing

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
are you kidding jeff's napping until winter solstice, though he might stir briefly around the equinox.. at least that's extrapolating off his last 9 months of activity

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Martman posted:

I wonder why Jeffrey likes them so much

draw the same conclusions you would about someone who keeps a dude like that around in a non-online space

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Endorph posted:

jeffrey kicking down a door, face red, walking over to his keyboard, 'DO NOT loving DARE BAN THE EUGENICS SEX WEIRDO'

i mean yeah that was basically what happened when the entirety of d&d and cspams mods at the time came together in agreement that rime should be ejected from the site

Crescent Wrench posted:

How loving bad is in the baseline in the parts of the forum where that psycho hung out that you have to be THAT deranged for THAT long to rise above the muck and get permaed?

imo sa's politics forums are dumpster fires but not on this one point: it's been a unanimous thing for years that they wanted rime permabanned and literally the only thing keeping him around was that our moronic site owner was personally intervening each time permabanning him came up

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 1, 2023

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

looking at that thread and the comments of "i can excuse racism and eugenics, however, they have good wind turbine opinions"

lol we'd be getting that guy permabanned for that poo poo if he wasn't the site owner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

grieving for Gandalf posted:

once you're far gone enough to make a thread that's just "look at all my insanely terrible posts I'm being persecuted for" it's over

bold move of him to lean on the image of a middle aged guy watching 'a disney show' to demonstrate how not a creep he is

Endorph posted:

in koala march's case i get what she was trying to do but if rime was mad everyone hated him on his main why didnt he just permanently switch to his alt

attention and he also doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, it's the other peoples fault for creating problems out of nothing