Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

installed this today and I'm having fun so far, haven't played any of the Honkai / Genshin games though so I'm a bit lost on the setting and all the talk about Aeons and Antimatter Legions... But I'm guessing I'm supposed to be given the amnesiac MC

I will probably just F2P this, but how likely am I to get enough Special Passes to get a 5* before the Seele banner runs out? My experience with most gacha games is that you can get a 5* every month or so but starting on launch might help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I am dumb and have March 7 on my team for ice planet even though most enemies have ice resist.

She feels like the best support until you get Natasha, tbh

Also her pinkie pie attitude is kinda endearing after a while. I hope her whole "being found in an iceberg" backstory doesn't have too dark a twist

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Is there a way to get a battle report after combat to see who did most damage / most healing / etc? I find that useful on other games to gauge how useful some characters or builds are.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

lol, my 5* on the Seele banner was a 2nd Clara

time to save for Jing Yuan I guess

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Wowza, The Hunt path really is powerful.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I've somehow lucked into getting all the 4* which means I have decision paralysis of who to build up outside the F2P crowd. Tingyun and Pela definitely seem like the obvious choices for getting buffs/debuffs, but then I'm wondering if I should build Sushang if I already have Clara as a Physical DPS.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I can't tell if I'm spectacularly lucky or unlucky that all three 5* drops i've gotten have been Clara.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

MotU posted:

building tall is very viable. having variety is nice but 4*s are very capable for all content even at low Eidolon counts. having one real strong 5* goes a long way and Clara being a unique kind of Counter unit is p good

OK, good to know. Clara and Svarog definitely hit like a truck, so yeah I'll build up some other characters in the mean time. Time to try out Tingyun as a support!

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

Your mom is an antiquity.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Honestly, I play for an hour or so at lunch and I'm only halfway through the Xianzhou storyline, I'm not worried about running out of content yet. Not even on World 6 yet.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I used to play AFK Arena and it did feel like that was more generous with giving out their Jade equivalent, but that was a much more pull focused game.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Finally beat this after realising I need to kill Bronya first in order to stomp that stupid combo attack from going off more than once.

Not So Fast fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 29, 2023

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

You also also get more Trash. Can never have too much Trash.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Or I could do something else with my life, like playing ToTK

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I finally pulled a 5* that isn't Clara, and it's someone who I didn't really think I'd want, Yanqing

Reading up on builds he definetely seems powerful with the right kit, something like a turtle team with March/FireMC/Natasha/Yanqing?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Took about 80 pulls to get Silver Wolf sorted, at least got a few neat LCs along the way. Geniuses Repose seems really good for Serval for one thing

I also got Bronya's... Light Cone from the Standard Banner.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

As a feminist I think it's really important for some of our playable cast to have committed some war crimes so I'm glad that Silver Wolf pulled that off really

Gaslight, Gacha, Girlboss

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

haha SW has hacked the Notice pages

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Wasting the space station's funding is Asta's job!

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

HI3 lore posts are more interesting than leaks and spoilers at least

anyway, dang Luocha is a real step up from maining Natasha 24/7. he's saving my characters automatically and keeping people topped up, really works nice with Clara.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Bussamove posted:

I wonder what instrument and/or instrument accessory Lynx will fight with.

I'd find it hilarious if its the Fishing Rod in the promo art

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Nanook pay for that wall" - Qlipoth, probably

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Leraika posted:

pull with your heart always tbh

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I can't wait until we go to Punklorde (and if fate is merciful it'll straight up just be our next destination)

Can't wait to meet March 1337th, elite hacker

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

bitprophet posted:

Having an odd issue with Simulated Universe; I started one of the new-to-me difficulty levels (having recently hit TB65), whiffed the opening blessings pulls, and decided to be cheesy and quit/restart (meaning, full-on "finalize and quit", not "save for later").

Except now, no matter how I start a new SU run (same/different world, difficulty level, starting team, quit out of SU, quit the app entirely, etc etc) I no longer get the initial blessing/curio/currency screen. Even after an encounter or two!

Is this a known issue? First time I've seen a bug that resisted restarts of the app.

I've found this as well and I'd bet its a bug. I get it after first fight every time.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Zeron posted:

It's an intentional anti-cheese measure. I believe you have to either clear all of the first room's enemies or move to the second for it to give you the starting bonus on the next run.

If they didn't want me to cheese, maybe they should try giving me a blessing in my path before I hit the first boss room!

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I don't wanna spend my shop currency on light cones, that's boring

I could literally get 25 passes instead

it's an odd economy, I can see the value for getting passes but personally I really wanted Something Irreplacable and wasn't getting any luck on the Standard Banner (although I did pull In the Name of The World which will be a good fit for Kafka).

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I have Fire MC with the Trend of the Universal Market LC, feels like that's a good source of DoT at times

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

We're nowhere near the end game of the story tbh, so getting your fav character now and coming back when there's a good amount of content might well be a good idea. I doubt HSR will go into EoS within a few months like other gacha games do.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

My 50/50 was Gepard so I'm not going to cry too hard, but that's pretty much all my Jade gone to get Kafka. Looks like I won't be getting anyone else until Jingliu, but I have more than enough characters now for a varied MoC run so I'm happy.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Tree Reformat posted:

my issue with the phantylia fight is her skill steal adds don't count as attacks for triggering followups, so gently caress you if Clara is your only dps!

I've found Clara can keep up, especially on the later phases when Phantylia is attacking a lot more. But oof, I tried the fight with Nat/FireMC instead of Luocha and it's really not enough sustain, that auto-heal is so valuable and his ult helps to shred the flowers.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

coolusername posted:

Is it just me, or are the latest companion missions … a lot better writing-wise than the current main story atm?

It's funny we get more lore about the Trailblazers backstory in one mission than we do for Dan Heng in the entirety of the time on Xianzhou

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Elio *is* the cat, I would bet.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

The drat ape on MoC 6 is an absolute bastard. FireMC with low speed as a tank was my only option.

Your teams don't look they're tuned for the current round, although I think a well-built Serval with decent support should be able to handle the first room of MoC 7, while Welt/Sushang might be a good pair against Bronya. I have built up Kafka and she definitely carried on the last few rooms though so you might enjoy just getting her worked up now so the next MoC session is a breeze - according to Prwyden it's focused on DoT.

At the start of each Cycle, all enemies currently inflicted with DoTs are immediately dealt DMG equal to 200% of the original DMG from all their DoT effects.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I wonder if we're going to get any story content with Topaz, I assume 1.4 will be wrapping up Xianzhou and moving onto the next planet?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Turns out the Himeko has been racking up debt to pay for her candy crush addiction and we'll need to break her out of jail.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

yeah, Fire MC makes for a decent tank if you don't have Gepard. The other thing with the ape is to keep an eye on when you kill the dogs, as that will make the Ape hit twice in a row

I'm pretty happy with my MoC record now

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

MoonCrab posted:

So they put the emotional core of the story in the datalog? Lol

I suspect this isn't the last time we'll see the Quintet mentioned considering when Jingliu is introduced, but it's disappointing they've shuffled Blade offworld already.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Jabor posted:

in that case it sounds like the taunt isn't working at all, the monkey's just switching targets because fmc was the most recent to use a skill

Yeah that's basically her use, she's a great budget tank if you don't have Gepard. Also her fire Ultimate is great on the mobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I can't for the life of me acquire the final remaining 2* Nihility Blessing. It's the only one I still haven't gotten, despite trying for a bunch of runs now. Not sure why I'm having such a hard time coming across it; I guess just really bad luck.

I'm guessing it has unlocking Suspicion stacks as a prerequisite, but I've also been trying to do that as early as possible.

yeah bunch of blessings are unlocked by picking the 3* that enables a debuff / buff, and ime that means the other 2* still rarely appear