Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Really liking it so far. Dunno if anyone else has friends adding unlocked but I'm 600206717 if anyone wants to add me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

UHD posted:

making the mc's weapon a baseball bat was not on my gacha bingo card

Yakuza Like a Dragon vibes and I like it.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

theblackw0lf posted:

This game is way funnier than I was expecting.

Make sure you’re clicking on the object descriptions. Some have made me laugh out loud.

Check every trash can. Thank me later.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Tangents posted:

Took the entire 50 for my 5 star Clara, but she's been fun. Love to have a real tank to pair with March.

ID 600423816 if anyone wants

Same but annoyed that I have to double up on physical because harder poo poo needs Natasha. Wanted Welt purely for attractive dude reasons but Clara has been fun. My luck has been abysmal so far; absolutely nothing earlier than the soft 4* pity at 9 pulls (assuming it's the same as Genshin which seems likely). The game is super fun though and I'm locked into this account because I don't want a separate login for it and Genshin.

It also has a lot of QoL I wish Genshin had. Relics (aka artifacts) can be trashed for the relic xp currency. loving life changer.

Anyways I'm 600206717 if any goons wanna be friends.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Good Citizen posted:

Gotta say I way prefer space China over ice world

This is incredibly niche but in the CN dub everyone there sounds like they're in a Chinese historical/fantasy costume drama and I'm loving living for it.

They even use the antiquated phrase for talking about length of time (that equals 2 hours per unit).

MarcusSA posted:

I was all excited because I got a 5* on the standard banner,

I cant complain because it seems like a pretty legit healer item.

I also picked this up from standard and was not thrilled though having played Genshin so long, I know eventually I'll be glad I have it. But characters!! At least it was early; like in the 40's. Natasha is rocking it but I wish I had a healer that wasn't physical since my starter 5* is Clara so I'm stuck with two physical characters if I want to survive harder content.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Infinity Gaia posted:

There's a distinct lack of trash cans on the third planet. I'm very disappointed.

Abandoned Amazon packages littering the city are the new trash cans, afaict.

I fed a bunch of trash to a sentient jar that I kept insisting on smacking and was rewarded for it. 10/10

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Living vicariously through all y'all pulls cause I'm saving for sexy General Jing Yuan.

Still wish my starter 5* was Welt for the same reason but Clara just demolishes poo poo so hard that it's hard to be that upset. I'm realizing I should take March out in turn-limited content though, because Clara doesn't get hit if poo poo is just frozen and then whoops my DPS is awful. Feels wrong that I'm just cheering for the barefooted little girl to get whacked constantly...

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Rianlee posted:

Are you me? Because I also wanted Welt, got Clara, and am waiting for Jing Yuan, (and Loucha.) For a second I thought I could move Landau's Choice (increases likelihood of being hit, reduce damage taken) from March to Clara, but then remembered that light cones are path specific. I wonder if there is a similar destruction light cone.

Yes I am you because I literally had the same double take ("Oh maybe I can put Landau's choice on.... Oh gently caress nevermind, path specific.")

Happy to be not alone in the Welt-Wanter-Clara-Haver-Jing-Yuan-Waiter nation tho! Feeling pretty good about my banked up currency/tickets. Just gotta make the 50/50 (uh oh).

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Told Dan Heng to get in the water and he told me "Fine." I'm glad he knows I think he's hot.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Love how characters hang out in the world and also in your train. Don't forget to talk to them when they come to visit the train.

There's a first time stellar jade reward when they first visit but I'm noticing they also sometimes just hand you 5 jade just because you're friends. :3: I assume there's a daily or weekly limit to that but I'm not gonna say no to more jade for the Jing Yuan fund.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I love the CN track especially since it's a CN game but I'm also incredibly biased since I understand it enough that I get stuff that's lost in translation.

Like how everyone in Xianzhou Luofu talks like they stepped out of a historical drama. And how the researcher you run after at one point loves ending his lines with idioms half-sung in Chinese-opera-style. Also Qingque's mahjong lines make me happy.

I'm never going to stop vouching for the CN track in Hoyo games.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
It's a good thing SU exists rather than just the Abyss-equivalent because I just beat every SU available to me at Equilibrium 3 using Clara (still my only 5*) turtle strategy. Just Clara with Asta, Nat and March all at 60 with 60 LCs and somewhat leveled relics. But every elite/boss fight was like an insane number of turns so absolutely not doable for Forgotten Hall. With the right blessings it's slow but autoable.

Also helps that SU is fun. And Clara rules.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any reason to do all those little quests that Pom-Pom gives you? They don't seem to give any rewards (but I still do them any time I go to visit him to upgrade my trailblazer level, just because). I'm guessing there might be a trophy related to them at some point.

When I look at them in my quest log they do give a tiny bit of rewards. Like, a few thousand credits and a green xp item.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Ibblebibble posted:

Now that I've got Clara all traced out I wonder if I should invest more in supports or try to get a 5* set of the physical damage relic set, or start farming stuff for the EL4 bump.

I've been bouncing around those three options. I mean, I'm mostly waiting to see if I can get Jing Yuan before I'm maxed out on any of his banner 4* which is my stopping point. Kinda just holding pattern until then.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

GateOfD posted:

i hope we get more sources of special rail tickets.
also hope a new 7-day log in gets updated after new banner

If Genshin is anything to go by, special tickets are rare to come by other than gems and the monthly shop.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Meowywitch posted:

Are u "Crim" on my friends list??? Cause if so I have borrowed your Clara many a time and she is an excellent tool of destruction!

That's me!!!! Mine is not quite at that power level yet (can't get the crit piece to drop) but I'm pretty happy with where she is.

Glad her Mr Svarog is being helpful for others!!

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Jing Yuan, Clara, March (and I guess Natasha) running Elation blessings in SU is so goddamn fun.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

UHD posted:

wasn't the keqing banner a filler banner, like whoever was next wasn't ready in time or something

Specifically Hu Tao couldn't release during Chinese New Year because she's a funeral director.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Indecisive posted:

ya, you can get a bit from wiping mobs off the map also but overall you're pretty limited in how much you can get. SU is limited to 100 bosses / day I guess? which is effectively infinite unless you're spending all your free time doing it, dunno how much you get for doing it tho

I think it's 100/week. Which is reachable if you're bored/desperate.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I just do all my SU with elation since my damage dealers are Clara and Jing Yuan.

This does seem to mean I'm suffering in content that wants me to clear in small number of turns and that's kinda annoying. Lightning Lord can only go so fast and Clara needs poo poo to constantly hit her.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Does a new nameless honor start tomorrow, or are there typically lull periods? Did Genshin have something similar?

If it follows Genshin the new nameless honor doesn't show up until the patch is live. So about a day and a half of no battle pass.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
New code for 50 jade

BSN2EWMHA4RP

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

New code for 50 jade

BSN2EWMHA4RP

Another one for 30

SURPRISE1024

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Too lazy to screenshot but I'm bottom 31.3 on 5* and bottom 36.5 on 4*

It happens.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Black Griffon posted:

How the gently caress was I surprised by this. drat he's good.

I decided to be a cop because that's my museum you little poo poo! I'd obviously picked the other option if it wasn't.

Same and also it was the option that gave you a laughable amount of credits* as a reward, which you don't get with the other option.

*Absolutely in character.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I skipped Seele. So actually, she sucks. Hth.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Kyrosiris posted:

MoC 6 is hard. :shepface:

I finished with 0 turns left last cycle. I hate that deer.

I'm not even going to try it until I can build my new Yanqing and Luocha more but also I'm out of every resource so .... :negative:

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

acumen posted:

Silver Wolf and Seele can burn down the deer pretty well if you can keep them alive. The first half of that fight isn't too bad either if you can backload your good characters.

I don't have either Silver Wolf or Seele but I managed to cobble together better team comps after playing around with prydwen's memory of chaos teams statistics. (Scroll all the way down, they put a bunch of stuff on the same page)

https://www.prydwen.gg/star-rail/memory-of-chaos/

I'm also way more built than I was two cycles ago but I went from 0 stars barely cleared on the deer to last cycle cobbling together 2 to a semi-comfortable 3 on this cycle. Slow but steady and without two of the big meta characters so I feel like that's a win. At 23 stars currently and pretty sure I can eke out 24 before this one ends. I just wish fights didn't take so long.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I'm on a guarantee and not excited about either Kafka or Blade so might just sit out of pulling this entire next patch.

Just gonna keep building my current roster I guess.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Eimi posted:

My one big pain point thus far is that we didn't get a kick rear end new song. it kind of signposts that there's still more important story to come. Also like technically Luocha showed up but he didn't do anything. Lame.

What?

Link in spoiler text to the extremely banger song that came with this patch
https://youtu.be/UYe_vYD0MDM

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Clarste posted:

The song's fine but there's no good hype moment to make it memorable.

I was really hyped but I'm also extremely into hotter Dan Heng.

I'm surprised at how much disappointment there is in this thread. I think there will be more but I quite enjoyed the new story this patch.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Clarste posted:

Dan Shu calling them "celestials" in this update made it suddenly hit me that the Xianzhou isn't just Space China, it's Taoist Heaven populated by ascended superhumans who have transcended both their own humanity and their earthly origins. Which should have been loving obvious since it's called the Xianzhou but forgive me I am dumb.

Yeah they all talk like they're from a Xianxia too. It's great.

Me, a Xianxia fan: this is the best!!!!!

Xianxia is very popular with younger demographics in China so it makes sense that they went there.

Endorph posted:

someday they'll make us actually play mahjong in a qingque focus event

The dream!!!! I love mahjong.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

NeonPunk posted:

Also is it just me or does Xu and Jing dialog seemed like they were trying a bit too hard to make them formal and verbose?

They talk like they stepped out of a Chinese fantasy novel/drama, if that helps. The Chinese dub doesn't sound try-hard at all because it's literally the genre.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I find Welt intensely attractive so unless I get him on a missed 50/50 before I hit 300, I will choose based on sex appeal.

I just got my first 30 star MoC clear last night and I've only been pulling for featured characters I like. Which so far has just been Jing Yuan and Luocha. Clara, Gepard and Yanqing are my standards. I'm glad that, just like Genshin, you are not punished heavily for ignoring meta and just grabbing favorites for the most part.

I'm so excited about Imagine Dragon and Fu Xuan.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

blizzardvizard posted:

Finally broke my standard banner pity and uh

Welt really likes me apparently

Now I'm sad that Welt doesn't like me.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I really appreciated the new MoC blessing being about follow up attacks.

My two main damage dealers being Jing Yuan and Clara.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

boredsatellite posted:

I've gotten that but am missing one random event I have no idea what it is

MadHat posted:

Same, have literally everything but a single event. Was two till a couple days ago so progress I guess?

It might be the other side of the Sal and Leo ones. I had to look it up and it's a little absurd but basically the first time you run into them you choose to let one out. Then you are locked into that one unless you choose the shittier option when their event pops up (which is decline reward in favor of resetting the event). Then you have to run into the first part again where you get to make a choice of which one you let out. Let out the one you haven't let out before. And then you can run into the event featuring them and that's a separate event from his brother.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

boredsatellite posted:

wait gently caress no way i checked it and you are right i don't have the other one

okay at least now I know what i am looking for

Yeah the hosed up part is that unless you reset the event you will never see the other path. Plus then it's a bunch of runs to run into the reset, picking the other path, and encountering it.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The Luofu has a really good story told in the most baffling way possible, is what it comes down to. How invested you are in reading the ingame books and paying attention to the lore correlates with how much you'll like the Luofu story.

I didn't read any of the books and lore stuff and loved the story but I'm also a Xianxia genre fan which the
Luofu story effectively is.

So it's less anime-brained and more Chinese fantasy brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
There are achievements for sending stickers to people which is kinda annoying. Forced socializing boo.

One is sending your trailblazer sticker to someone with the other trailblazer gender. So if you received a Caelus sticker from me, I was trying to help. But my partner and I experimented and the cheevo didn't pop if it was sent while the other was offline.

If any other Stelles need the cheevo you can friend me with 600206717 (my in game name is Crim) and send me an in game message that you're a goon who needs the Caelus sticker. You can also spam me with Astral Express stickers for that cheevo (20 of them) or Pom Pom stickers tho the wording on that says "5 friends." I'm okay being spammed.