Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

qbert posted:

Planetary relic farming is actually driving me insane. Been farming World 7 SU for about a week, and I've literally gotten every single 5-star main stat piece possible EXCEPT the two that I'm looking for: Ice Rutilant Sphere (Jingliu) and ERR Broken Keel Rope (Bronya).

Corrosion farming never felt this tedious. I see now where all my future Self-Modeling Resins are going.

Afaik ERR ropes are the lowest percentage chance out of any stat to appear on any piece (3-5 percent ish) so if you have any self modeling resin they're probably the best use of it.

imweasel09 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

rio posted:

I was wondering if some new set might end up being better too, since the physical set doesn’t really seem perfectly well catered to him. I am hoping to get Xueyi but will need to see how my 4 star luck goes (it was good this patch so expecting a dry spell) - I’ll just hold off on phys set farming for now.

Appreciate the help from both of you - thanks!

Supposedly there's 2 new sets coming with 2.0 but they look more made for ratio/ruan mei based on what leaks are out there.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

The concept is even older than all that: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ars%C3%A8ne_Lupin_versus_Herlock_Sholmes

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Bad Video Games posted:

Yanqing is fine. He's the strongest standard hunt character in the game. It's more that Hunt just sucks as a path for MoC except for Seele and Topaz, and Topaz is more often used as a second dps.
He's the only standard hunt character so that isn't really saying anything. I started playing after the PS5 release and got yanqing off the beginner banner, then my first character banner 5 star was losing a 50/50 to yanqing E1. He is a worse DPS than my e1 qinque and his damage is both dependent on the enemy being ice weak and him not getting hit ever which is a huge problem in a game where bosses love to do aoe attacks if you don't have gepard. He rises to the level of mediocre if you can jump through all his hoops but it's just not worth it.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

New Leaf posted:

Ahh I guess tier lists don't tell the whole story. I'm putting XP into everyone I get just in case.

Yukong's problem isn't that she's bad it's that there are a lot very, very powerful harmony characters that can do what she does easier or better. She has a preference for a specific damage type on your carry (imaginary) and without her e6 you have to manage her speed or else her buff won't always be up when you want it most. It's a lot of work when tingyun just presses a skill once every couple turns and gives you a mountain of free energy.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Violet_Sky posted:

I'm having real trouble fighting the giant bug boss. I have Jingliu, Dragon Dan, Yukong, and Luocha in my team.

You may want to switch either jingliu or dragon dan for a buffer, debuffer, or second sustain. With those supports i'd almost certainly swap out jingliu. Large daniel scarfs down as many skillpoints as you have to spare so you're likely going to have an easier time fully committing to a single damage dealer rather than have 2 of them fight over resources.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Hanya burden does not count.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I'm curious about the odds of this. I imagine it might be at a "literally only a handful of people have had this happen" level.

it's low enough that putting it into a binomial probability counter just said the chance was 0, hitting a .6% chance 4 times in 10 trials is absurd to say nothing of the fact that at least one of them if not 2 were also winning the 50/50.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Eej posted:

It's a 0.6% chance 3 times in 10 trials. The first Kafka probably hit pity.

If this is the case, for the sake of simplicity that's about a 1/50k chance to happen for any given 10 pull.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

DancingShade posted:

Thanks, going to not open it and see if there is a follow up mail next year.

You do you but the entire joke of that line in the email is that there is no February 29th next year to mail the follow up.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/mrpokke/status/1763909405932941534 qq giveth, qq taketh (your skill points)

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

qbert posted:

Latest update from today says they "adjusted the combat difficulty" of the last mission. Guess too many people were dying on that final boss?

A lot of team comps are looking at taking at least 2 big hits of damage in the second half if not more if you got unlucky. I'm not super shocked they nerfed it because the boss can(could?) straight up delete people with not a lot you can do about it especially since it also siphons energy.

imweasel09 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 28, 2024

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

I beat it with Kafka/swan/huohuo/ruan mei. It was really rough but I could just accept that my supports were going to take it on the chin once and do enough damage to not see it a second time because they are fairly tanky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Artix posted:

I love reading the clear parties and getting to be like "Yep, don't have any of these characters, don't have Huo Huo, don't have Fu Xuan, my Pela isn't fully built yet..." It's fine, I'll probably get it in a couple days once I get Luocha fully levelled and then everyone but Gepard should consistently clear the gimmick. I could use Fireblazer, I guess, but I don't have much faith in his shields holding up outside of the dice gimmick.
To be clear, huohuo sucks rear end for this fight other than having high healing output from being a 5 star and having some effect res in her traces. Especially because the boss is very capable of just killing other characters before she can do anything about it.