Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Excelzior posted:

I dunno Jade seems like an irredeemable piece of poo poo tbh

gorgeous though

I guess the joke from now on is that each new introduced Stoneheart will be worse than the last, while also being incredibly physically attractive.

Diamond will just be the literal avatar of dead-eyed soulless extractive corporate capitalism, but no one will care because he's a rippling beefcake of a silver fox.

librarerun fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

qbert posted:

Is Adventurine morally worse than Topaz? Also, has Sparkle done anything bad yet? Impersonating Robin is more Chaotic Neutral.

I dunno, I don't think you get to be a rank or two higher in the corporate ladder than the literal planetary debt collector without stepping on a whole lotta innocent lives, hopes, and dreams

Clarste posted:

He's basically a nice guy trying to help everyone.

He very much reads as a "started out as an optimist, realized how stupid other people really are and how little [non-gendered ironically cutesy parental nickname goes here] Nous gives a poo poo about all his efforts, and now tries to help make other people be less stupid while complaining about the situation at literally every moment" type of dude to me

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

FractalSandwich posted:

That fight's gonna be a fun addition to MoC.

So much of what Aventurine does seems purposely designed to waste as many of your turns as possible

not really a fan of all these elites/bosses being designed around the assumption you have Ruan Mei and now Acheron and if you don't, lol hope you didn't want those speed stars on MoC11 and 12

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Endorph posted:

i mean this cycle is specifically designed to, complement acheron. later cycles will complement whatever other character is on rateup. they arent going to be acheron-focused forever.

Well, we just had a half-year stretch where almost all the MoC content favored Jingliu in some way, so going off that I imagine we're going to have at least half year of endgame content starting now that will favor Acheron, even if the buff for each doesn't directly obviously benefit her.

The soda dogs, for example, are designed to splash debuffs for her.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

rio posted:

What LC will Aventurine want other than his own? Will Gepard’s LC be a good option? Mostly wondering about using him alongside Topaz and Ratio.

Aside from his signature, Gepard's LC is his best generalist option, Trend is his best with Ratio and Acheron, and I guess either that or Day One with Clara to reduce his aggro draw?

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Chocobo posted:

Acheron hitting for close to 500k ults on a single target with sub-prime gear (even an ATK chest). Everyone do yourselves a favor and just go all-in on this character.

My account needs Aventurine way more since I have no Fu and literally my only gacha nihility lc is one copy of Resolution so, uh, no

Probably will grab her on a rerun in six months like I plan to do for Jingliu after I secure Aventurine, but right now getting her and usable would be way too big of a opportunity cost for too little benefit

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Meowywitch posted:

It's the worst minigame theyve done for sure. also really crazy high score requirements for like...a 10 measley jades payout?, wtf

its kinda insulting

The trick is that you can immediately swap back after drift-swapping to take out the enemy for another 100 points. This also applies to the double enemies. Once I figured that out, it became piss easy

it helps that i was using a controller on pc, tho

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I just had like a 9 month gap between Luofu Part 1 and now finishing Luofu part 2 and mostly it just seems part 2 is largely disconnected from anything that happened in part 1. Not that I remember what happened all too well.

Luofu really suffered from poor pacing and lack of focus. I suspect it was dev issues from the whole launch madness, and not wanting Space China to be too controversial with its message right out the gate... which directly contradicts how the Xianzhou is a deeply hosed up society at basically every level.

Hopefully the next Xianzhou ship we visit will actually be willing to lean more into the inherent ideological and political conflicts via actual on-screen character interactions like Penacony has?

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Clarste posted:

I don't know why we would ever visit another Xianzhou ship when there are so many other places to explore. Maybe add a new little area to the Luofu for a short side chapter, like Ruan Mei's stuff on the space station or Topaz's stuff in Belabog.

Because the Hunt vs Abundance plotline is so undercooked its basically still raw? That there was literally a cliffhanger at the end of Jingliu's quest where she and Luocha are getting hauled off to another Xianzhou ship ~*~all according to keikaku~*~?

I admit it may not literally be just another ship. Like isn't there a Xianzhou ship that crashed on a planet in the lore for the Broken Keel set? We could go there for some reason. Heck, maybe another Xianzhou ship or Abundance assholes will also be there for shenanigans!

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Clarste posted:

The Hunt's war against the Abundance has been ongoing for thousands of years across hundreds of worlds. It's an eternal war happening in the background that just adds some flavor to the setting. I don't see why it needs to be resolved.

I never said resolved. I doubt they'll "resolve" anything until EoL. I'm just saying they teased a lot of ideas and conflicts in the Luofu concerning the Hunt and the Abundance that they did almost nothing with, and I'm not convinced quick like one-off questlines on the Luofu are enough to really address those concepts satisfactorily. The Abundance factions are basically saturday morning cartoon villains for how much they've been developed so far, for example (though you can levy this criticism at the Destruction factions too).

The fact we still have to get Hunt and Abundance paths for the Trailblazer probably years from now alone tells me this plotline is nowhere near done and dusted.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
I only hit 56k once and I have no idea how I did since most of my runs are sub 50K. I've tried various permutations of Clara and/or Herta teams on first and premium DoT team on second half and I can't break 30k on either side.

Really feels like the game is demanding I either have at least one of: Argenti, Himeko, Acheron, Jingliu, or just have perfect relics on Herta or Clara. Sucks.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Okay, Herta Hypercarry with RM, Pela and Hyperspeed Sparkle and the DoT squad with Asta subbing in for RM, along with a lot of resetting for the RNG finally got me just over the 60k mark.

Someone was poo-pooing the "Shatter on Skill" buff earlier, but it was the only one, on both sides, that seemed to work worth a drat with my teams.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Tarezax posted:

IIRC Sushang said the Yaoqing maintains strong relations with the IPC and culturally shifted that way. If we do visit there I expect it to reflect modern China as opposed to fantasy China in terms of environments

Also, would be another arc where the IPC gets to be the bad guys

(i approve because the ipc sucks poo poo and we should never stop dunking on them, ever(even tho i'm apparently a ten stonehearts collector now, lol))

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
At the rate PF is beefing up, I fully expect them to ratchet MoC down to 6 turns for full clear to bring the two modes into full parity before too long

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Bad Video Games posted:

I don't have Moment of Victory, so I'll probably go with Day One Of My New Life.

I have MoV, but also I'm going to use him with Ratio (and Clara for phys weak stuff) and don't have any limited sig cones (and never will), so Trend is pretty much required for my build

too bad the cavern doesn't want to drop usable def set pieces period!

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I just did the Ruan Mei event and it was only pretty average so she seems like a disappointing *5 tbh.

It's less that she makes comps feel better, and more that comps feel worse for her absence.

This is especially noticeable since literally every elite/boss since her release has had their Toughness inflated to compensate for Ruan Mei. Which means fighting them feels like more of a thankless slog without her.

This will be A Problem once we start getting post 1.6 bosses on both sides of MoC/PF.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Eimi posted:

I mean I gotta say that Dreamy video on Xueyi really sold me on her against the loving Trex. I've always had mine on the "I want to build her burner" but maybe it's time to actually do it.

The issue is that Dreamy herself says "her e6 really is That Important". If you didn't whale hard on the Ruan Mei banner, you're not really going to have her at an eidolen level that's any better or possibly even par with just e4+ QQ.

Seriously, I invested hard in my e1 Xueyi's Traces and tried to slap some decent rainbow gear for her, and she hit like a wet noodle. If you wanna go for her, you have to be willing to commit.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Speaking of reckless gamblers, I submit this for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktu1Al-w7SM

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Urgh, back to my standard luck, I see. That wiped out my stash, AND it's at zero pity. Only got 2 pulls + 40 in store credit left. At least Himeko fell out of the gacha so using my selector on Bronya's e1 was a no-brainer.

probably won't be getting robin, and DEFINITELY won't be getting Topaz's LC aka the only sig LC I've ever been tempted for. It's all or nothing, indeed...

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Bad Video Games posted:

Lol, nope. Sushang sucks. Himeko is actually usable on MoC 12 side 2, but only if you can keep Aventurine broken. Maybe Sushang would be better with more break effect, but I can't run Gallagher against that stupid IPC boss.

I wish my Luka was traced, but he's only e2.

All the theorycrafting about Boothill being the perfect 5* DPS for that fight got me thinking about how well Sushang, the current best physical breaker, would do with proper support.

Thankfully, once again youtube has me covered. Enjoy this ownage of the dice man with a giant cock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7eSRsV4N1w&t=276s

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Clarste posted:

I feel like Aventurine's weakness, theoretically, is focused single-target damage from one of those gimmicks where the entire enemy team attacks a single person. Fu Xuan can more or less ignore that entirely, but it prevents Aventurine from using follow-ups and forces him to spam his skill.

Closest I can think of for that is the bug weekly, but even then Aventurine's absurd team-wide 50% effect resistance really takes a lot of the bite out of that by helping prevent the CC that causes that to happen.

Bad Video Games posted:

It's definitely starting to feel like signature cones are more important than a year ago.

I have Argenti’s, Ratio's, Jing Yuan's, Acheron's, and Aventurine's. I'm going to grab Topaz's on her rerun, and I think lcs will be a priority for me in the future.

I continue to ignore LC banner's existence. The only LC I've ever been tempted for was maybe Topaz's on a rerun, and with my stash wiped out of this last round of bad luck, even that is absolutely not going to happen.

Robin and/or Jade or bust

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Eej posted:

Aventurine is what Mihoyo players call "being shilled" right now. All the content released prior and currently is tailor made for him so he feels really good. Aventurine has some major weaknesses that they have left as future design space. As mentioned earlier, he cannot deal with focus fire. If they ever release an enemy that just relentlessly nukes down a party member one a time he'll be forced to spam his skill to keep everyone up.

Right, that's Fu's niche, but also March's. Granted, her current ideal opponent in this niche is the Grape Ape, who very obviously telegraphs and lets you manipulate who he slams, but still. And this theoretical future Terminator Elite/Boss would probably need some extra sauce to not be just hard-countered completely by Fu as well.

quote:

Additionally, he does not interact with debuffs at all. No Preservation unit can cleanse debuffs so if a fight either overwhelms your party's effect resist or simply forces a debuff on your party then Aventurine can't do anything about it. As an example, imagine a boss fight that casts Doom on a party member that cannot be resisted and has to be cleansed, this would be an absolute hard counter to Aventurine.

Not true! March can do it with her skill at A2.

...I didn't say it was good cleanse, that's what Lynx, Luocha, and Huohuo are for.

quote:

He also cannot do anything about lost health, so if future fights have some mechanic that cares about health value (ie, if you are below 50% HP you are targetted by a follow up attack every enemy turn, total health healed is converted into damage done to enemies, etc.) he will be weaker there.

Yeah, I imagine at some point they'll have to start putting out enemies that favor healer characters over shielders. Maybe the next time we get into Xianzhou shenanigans.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

My Kafka is still on Lightning set with 128 speed.

I really need to grind out the DoT/FUA cavern more, I have lots of both DoT and FUA characters, there's just more and more characters I want to build, all the time! My Aventurine is mostly set (oh no, only 3900 DEF, how horrrrible), but now I need to grind out mats for Jingliu to justify all those jades spent on her!

at least I can probably get away with trading Ratio's debuff set onto her for a while as long as I always use my E5 Pela + Pearls with her

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Was already beginning to think myself that the Bronya drop rate is simply higher than all other 5*s.

This just proves it.

pretty sure that's people using their selector on her if they don't just get her naturally.

unless :thejoke:

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

rio posted:

I still haven’t had one Bronya since launch. I do have Argenti though and s1, or in other words “the time I learned to never listen to YouTube hype”.

I’m surprised Topaz is that low.

She was right after Fu Xuan and Jingliu, and people were hyped for Ruan Mei in a couple of patches, so most people skipped her, Huohuo, and Argenti.

i'm not most people, in that i skipped Fu and Jingliu for Topaz, then picked up Huohuo because I had also lost my 50/50 on Luocha and desperately needed a limited sustain

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
why are we spoiling the name of a character we had official drip marketing for weeks ago

Anyway, my hot take is after getting 2 limited sustains, packing your account with as many limited Harmonys as possible is the biggest value add you can give your account. Dollars to donuts, we're going to suddenly see Ice MoC vanish in favor of Acheron MoCs for the next half year (so I got baited out for Jingliu just in time for her to be deprecated, hooray, its a honkai game kids), but those buffers will keep their value regardless of who you switch DPS for. Which is why even though I have Bronya and Ruan Mei and Sparkle, you can bet I'll be futile dropping every jade I can trying to get her (and when I fail, well hell, that's pity/gurantee for Jade, no downsides I can see).

that said, nihility supports will probably also appreciate if you have acheron, so keep an eye out for that

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Kritka main is a real thing, who woulda thunk it.

Sparkle with DDD s3 is what put my Topaz/Clara/Aventurine team into just enough actions to beat Aventurine in six turns. Maybe for you, Silver Wolf now that she's not tied up with Ratio?

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Bad Video Games posted:

I prefer shielders for Clara.

Despite what the aggro maximizer nerds will tell you, Aventurine is a surprisingly effective partner for Clara, at least in enemy AoE situations. Just make sure you have them both in the middle and I find they work quite well.

I guess in predominantly single-target incoming attack scenarios, you'd still want Lynx, Fu, or March.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Eej posted:

Based on how all the Stonehearts are themed after methods of accumulating large sums of wealth, Topaz is stocks and Aventurine is gambling what's Jade going to be? Real estate magnate? Oil baron?

Given we have, like, zero lore on her, all I can think at this point is to go for the meanings of her stone.

A quick and dirty Google search seems to associate Jade with herablism so, uh... pharmaceutical magnate? Hopefully she never ran death games to test kids for telepathy...

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Excelzior posted:

no one will care about Jade being a filthy capitalist dog or w/e

just look at that hat :swoon:

i am going to collect all the terrible, beautiful capitalists, and nobody but terrible gacha luck can stop me

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Man, I have two to five weeks to decide if I want to hail mary whatever pulls I'll have to try for Robin, or save and hope for Jade. I already have all the Harmonys so far, as well as Clara, Topaz and Aventurine, so literally any character to make FUA crew even more absurd is appealing.

really hope i don't end up regretting going so hard to get jingliu :(

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
IMO, the worst sets to farm are support sets like Messenger or Broken Keel, simply because so many characters want those sets, and they all have different stats they want to prioritize. Makes it harder to know what to mulch, compared to DPS sets where its pretty obvious if a piece is completely garbage or not.

Just an example: Oh look, Messenger Speed Boots with Def%, BE, and EHR. Not what I need for my Hanya, but maybe a future character or some hybrid SW build wants this? Who knows!

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Bad Video Games posted:

It's kind of helpful that Boothill's banner has Pela. I really want her e4, and I might end up finally building Luka as well.

I think Robin is going to be absolutely cracked in Pure Fiction. I'm sure in a month I'll be posting about feeling punished for not having her. She's just so bland.

Even though I should probably just save what little I have for Jade, I think I'll just dump what I have trying for Robin. Xueyi cons are always in demand.

I'll have to wipe out my shop currency, which means I can't buy the Bronya LC for my e1 Bronya, which will make my shiny new Jingliu sad, but oh well. She can suboptimal with Ratio's debuff set with 159 speed Sparkle and e5 Pela for the foreseeable future, I doubt it's that big a DPS loss overall.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Daner T posted:

do we know what materials robin and boothill use? i assume they'll use the new boss materials and i'm honestly tired of fighting the big bug for those past evils of the borehole. robin will most likely use the same harmony mats that sparkle used but do we know boothill?

Bizarrely, Boothill uses the new weekly, but Robin still uses the bug's.

Boothill will probably use new trace mats and Robin the ones Sparkle uses.

I think both of them use a new Stagnant Shadow mat.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
The fact that the Family is suffering from strong internal discord is itself at odds at how things are "supposed" to be with them.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Pretty sure the only Aeons that even come close to operating on morality in a manner comprehensible to humans are Akivili (cause they traveled as more or less a human) and Aha (since humor doesn't work if humans can't understand if something happening is funny or "funny").

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Another endgame refresh, another day I cry in frustration that I don't have two Ruan Meis.

Without Ruan Mei, my half-built Himeko along with Herta and Topaz couldn't even break 20k. With her, and some luck, 40k.

Too bad my Kafka/BS team also wants Ruan Mei and feels awful without her! Barely cleared 20k on that side with Aventurine to try and take advantage of the Img weakness. Asta just feels awful as a support if there's no fire weakness.

Could not make Clara/Ratio/March work at all. Every team I tried with them performed even worse than the worst above.

edit: just remembered i had to cannibalize march's relics for aventurine, that might have contributed to it

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Bad Video Games posted:

DoT is useless here, unless you're doing Acheron things. Kafka isn't good for popping DoTs. She is good for being yet another follow-up and hitting weakness.

Did you try Ratio, Kafka, Aventurine, and Clara on the same team?

yes (well, kakfa swapped out for sparkle), and I could only hit like 13k, it was miserable

i was using the energy buff tho, that may have been it

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Ratio/Clara/Aventurine/Sparkle improved side two by ~10k. If I had been able to get 40k on side 1 again, that'd be 70k total. Decent enough.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

mycot posted:

If it's 8 characters who can clear content that's all you really "need".

I would dispute this. Until PF came along this was true, but increasingly not now. With PF you kinda want 12~ viable characters, since while supports can be used in both, your sustains are usually not really needed in PF and the Destruction notably does much worse in PF.

I suspect this trend will accelerate with Apocalyptic Shadow and we're all going to ideally need 16~ viable characters on our rosters (though thankfully not all with their own relic sets at the same time, like Genshin seems to be about to do with its new endgame mode).

Mihoyo really seems to be pushing us not just to have elemental coverage, but also path coverage. By the end of 2.X, we may well be in a situation where we're recommending to new players "your goal in the endgame is to have two DPS of each element for ST/Burst and AoE, along with at least two sustains, supports for them all, and ideally you have a team for DoTs, a tem for FUAs, a team for Breaking..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Sparkle is my new Jingliu's partner even though I now have e1 Bronya, because I don't have Bronya's LC and buying it would mean I couldn't go to pity for trying for Robin day one after going near broke for Jingliu.

Jingliu has kinda been a disappointment so far, but I suspect that just me putting her in very unfavorable situations: testing against MoC12 Sam (who I forgot isn't actually ice weak), and Conundrum 10 Remembrance (which is probably the worse path to try the Company Time strat on).

My real fear is now that Acheron is the new hotness, we're going to suddenly see Ice-weak MoCs vanish for the next six months.

librarerun fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 4, 2024