Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Did they do what they did in Genshin, and rather than needing to do a 10 pull all at once for the guaranteed 4-star, it just keeps a running count of how many pulls you've done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Got a Hook from Seele’s banner, I’m all in on Klee-but-with-a-robot-arm.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sampo's VA originally auditioned for an episode of American Dad and stumbled into the wrong booth by mistake, and you can't convince me otherwise.

I mean, I love him, but that is not the sounds I expected to come out of a Mihoyo prettyboy.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Clarste posted:

No, you became one with the closet. The perfect closet.

More generally, the descriptions of objects in this game are just surreal, and I'd probably find it very amusing if it didn't also mean reading through an insane amount of completely pointless text if you accidentally inspect a garbage can.

It really gives strong "Disco Elysium playthrough with maxed out Inland Empire" vibes sometimes. MC just making up wild-rear end fantasies in their head about the life and times of that dumpster while everyone else waits uncomfortably.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Gepard off the starter banner. gently caress me. I'm tempted to reroll.

I've actually really grown to like him-- a big party-wide shield as an ultimate, or that you can have at the start of battle thanks to his skill, has been useful quite a few times. And I'd rather have the break potential and semi-reliable freeze of a damaging skill than a single-target shield like March.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Thanks. Sometimes these things have non-cash (or at least not directly cash) bundles stashed away somewhere that are actually good value.

It’s not directly for jade, but just like in Genshin you can buy a limited amount of tickets for Undying Embers in the shop. Make sure to pick those up before it rotates at the end of the month!

You can also buy them for Undying Starlight, but I’ve always found it’s better to save that for dupes of 4-stars you like as they rotate in.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

... Did I just do a loving Bloodborne reference and take a trip to Feelbad Town?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

While I know I probably shouldn’t put all my efforts into building a team entirely around this Clara I just pulled, I’m also picturing Gepard and Natasha keeping her alive while Asta pumps out ATK boosts and by god that seems like a good time.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ludo Friend posted:

Finding the Turn Based system a pain might be because of my lack of 5 star characters though.

Running the default MC, Den Heng, March and Asta. It’s very slow to kill anything, but I’ve cleared all the content on the space station, and the simulated universe to the point where it won’t let me back in.

I’ve not been close to dying, but literally the fights take all day. I’ve been trying to save my exp items for the first 5 star I get, which means my team are all level 8. On 40 pulls of the gacha I’ve only had one character so far which is Herta, which I read is terrible. I’m trailblazer rank 12, I kinda expected I’d have had someone new to put in my party by now!

Is it worth me continuing? Or is this the speed of the game?

You’ll have more than enough exp books and are about to unlock the way to farm them, please use some. Fights are taking forever because you’re super low level, not because you have no five stars, using exp books is how you’re expected to level because exp from actual combat is trivial.

This also applies to your light cones, you get a ton of stats from leveling those. The worst thing that happens is you have to spend stamina to farm up more exp!

E: Also, you can’t do it quite yet but it pays to level up and ascend even people you don’t plan to use the first time because it’s both super cheap to do so in the long run and you get a draw ticket for every character you do it on!

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Apr 28, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Seele is apparently ridiculous and will be spot-welded into my party if I don’t lose the coinflip.

Which means I’m going to get like Welt or something but so it goes.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Welp, there’s Seele so time to start hoarding jade for the next banner I want to go for. Considering dropping Gepard and running Clara/Seele/Natasha/Pela. Let Clara soak hits with her higher chance to be targeted and poo poo out counters everywhere while Seele does her thing and Nat keeps them all alive. No idea how viable that is for harder stuff but it sounds awesome!

… Once I get Seele six usable leveled relics, Jesus Christ.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Clarste posted:

Choose Path of Remembrance, keep everything frozen 24-7 until they die. Doesn't work in World 4 because the boss is immune to freeze.

It doesn’t really work in World 3 either because Gepard isn’t immune but he’s very resistant to it, though with the blessing that lowers their freeze res I guess it could work.

Perma-freeze also absolutely gimps Clara’s damage so I can only sort of use it anyway. Eventually the freeze won’t stick and I’m being ground down slowly. But I’m also punching way up since I’m stuck at level 40 right now.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gearman posted:

I love that whole side quest. Buddy, you had me sold at 'discount' now send me the link, damnit.

“Link plz”

“Link?”

“Link!”

“Got that link?”

(Block)

I love my full goblin-mode MC.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I'm really torn between YOLO pull now because I'm probably about as interested in the game as I'm ever going to be and Seele owns on the one hand and on the other hand holy gently caress there are a ton of characters I'm going to want if I keep playing and grabbing the first one while the game is dumping resources on me left and right could make the lean times feel bad later. I'm leaning toward pulling to the 50/50 and saving the second pity for later, but I guess I have a while to decide still.

This is what I did. I got Seele and now I’m gonna save for later banners since there’s a lot of good characters coming.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ah, there’s the part of the mirror that needs two parties. Time to do what I did in Genshin and break my strong core in two and build around that!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It's weirdly generous for MHY to put the items to redeem Planar Ornaments in Herta's weekly points rewards. I figured that was a weirdly restrictive version of Condensed Resin from Genshin.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Both for embers, save starlight for 4*s and light cones.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

The problem isn't that welt is a dude, it's that he's like 70 somehow, and thus is grandpa space

It lets him use a cane to fight, and that’s some real cool energy.

Using Light Cones rather than a more standard weapon system like Genshin was a good move, it let them get a lot more creative in what characters use. My main team has floating lasers, scythe, gun, and Big Robot as their weapons of choice.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eimi posted:

15 is the max for 5*s. Still lower than Genshin and they are giving out relic exp pretty regularly as a reward from stuff so much better than Genshin...even if they will probably be worse in the long run with more stats to ruin your substat rolls with.

The Def and HP powercouple will always be there for you, waiting to kill your dopamine drip.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

I want that final Pela constellation, since Welt basically ensures enemies are almost always debuffed.

Pela also kinda just does that herself. It’s super easy to at least keep her Ice Res down on an enemy.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I don’t have much trouble with the block puzzle but the compass alignment ones just make me feel like I have the smoothest brain in the world.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

boredsatellite posted:

the compass ones don't feel like puzzles even. you just look for one that fucks with the other's positioning, put that in place and move the others

maybe they'll get harder?

They start like that, but eventually every dial starts moving the other dials as well and my brain isn’t wired for that.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

This is kinda Clara... Kinda. She just stands there and cries while Svarog does all the work

I respect that they could have just made Svarog a character very easily, but decided that it was much more in-character that he's letting Clara have an adventure while also absolutely annihilating anything that dares to look at her funny.

Girl doesn't even know Svarog is there until he pops out to punch something before a fight. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Oh is that all. Fortunately it's a planet in a sci-fi game so I'll be done in half an hour.

You tell that fucker I’m still waiting on my link.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Has anyone had the next step of Rarely Affectionate pop up yet? I did the first a couple days ago but haven’t seen hide nor hair of it since.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Clarste posted:

I got it shortly after reaching a new Trailblazer level so I assume it's unlocked by that.

Sure enough, I hit the next TL after logging in for dailies and it popped. Just had to be patient. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I like that Nous the Erudition is a cosmic-scale supercomputer that not only gained self-awareness, but ascended to godhood in the process.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

No. she's going to be in like 3 or 4 banners iirc.

Three if the leaks are accurate. She’s the second 1.1 banner according to them.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

E: I can’t read. My mistake! Four banners.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zenostein posted:

No, robots don't understand shoes, and if someone tried to give her shoes her fanclub would murder them.

Svarog wears shoes!

There’s actually a text you can get about her fan club buying her nice shoes but she thinks they’re uncomfortable so she doesn’t.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Revitalized posted:

Thanks for the triple confirmation guys.

Man, Seele's lit whenever I try her out as a Support character, but I want to roll Kafka later down the line. Decisions decisions...

(I don't have enough star rail passes for the time being anyways)

Kafka is quite a ways away, so you’d have time to save up jade for her. That’s assuming you’re not rolling on any banner in between, of course.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Silver Wolf looks great and more nihility is good, I just wish she wasn’t also quantum. I want elemental diversity!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

I almost died eating a bunch of hotdogs 10/10

Where is this hotdog brush with death, I must know.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

GateOfD posted:

Or costumes as separate characters

I could actually get behind different like “what if” character costume changes, if they come with different kits/elements/roles.

Just blame Herta for it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’m a sucker for “big sword being swung with wild abandon” movesets, but she just refuses to drop for me.

Have they said who is going to be the rate up 4*s on Jong Yuan’s banner?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

I can't figure out if QQ is a short lived person or a long lived one?

Like, is she 200 years old???

I think everyone native to that place is long-lived because their ancestors were cursed by The Abundance with a horrible form of immortality that doesn’t even let them get important surgeries or alter their body in any way. But that also seems to have given them a much different view on time compared to everyone else, and they treat a century or two as maybe a few years.

This isn’t even getting into the dragon people with their perpetual reincarnation or the fact they store the souls of everyone who dies there in a massive databank deep in the bowels of the Luofa and can stick them in an automaton to question them if need be.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Himiko has a nice cup of coffee while an orbital laser obliterates the countryside.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh floor 14 of Forgotten Hall is very rude.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MotU posted:

imo you should be mean to everyone but Clara

I can't bring myself to be mean to Pom-Pom, that rabbit's got hella anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Still bashing my head against SU3-2, can almost get through the second phase, when I should be waiting for the weekly reset so I can get the Hunt LC out of Herta’s shop and come back at it with upgraded traces/better stats.

gently caress you Gepard your sister is way cooler.