Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
On PC, is there a way to sheathe your lightsaber while using your first equipped stance? Hitting C always switches to your second stance before it lets you sheathe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

rocket_Magnet posted:

Default controls, X is to select stance 1, C for stance 2. So if you're already in stance 1, hit X to sheath :eng101:.

Thank you, this was not a story the Jedi would tell me.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
i agree, padawan is best fun per hour, and there is no shame in it

this game is pretty epic, i am impress. a fair few fiendish jumping puzzles but a decent number of them are really fun to execute

my least favorite: anything involving caves

i never need to go back to the phon'qi (lol) caverns again, no sir

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 6, 2023

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
late/endgame spoilers darth bode sounds like the sort of nom de umbrage a sith would take. i kept wanting to crack jokes about things not boding well this whole entire game, and then, well, that happened

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Everybody loves Skoova Steve, but nobody ever talks about his deathstick-peddling cousin, Skooma Steve

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

oh so it WAS him! that explains why Turgle sounds so much like Invader Zim

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ZeeBoi posted:

Merrin’s poo poo-eating grin after telling Bode she needs some of his blood. :3:

I love how whenever someone acts scared of Merrin, Cal immediately starts loving with them

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

TK-42-1 posted:

power couple right there

that's the pair of gonk droids on the recharging station in the back room at Pyloon's

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The whole game, really. One of your better pieces of SW media out there, imo. I finished it last night and I'm starting a completionist playthrough today, I'm starting to actually get the lightsaber combat now and it's super fun.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Pretty sure they're consistent with screen canon, too, like the white blade sounds like Ahsoka's sabers.

lol one of the KX droid heavy attack voice lines is "MAXIMUM EFFORT"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

PageMaster posted:

You can continue to get skill points through combat exp, right (there's no hard cap)? I'm not wasting any more time on these platforming tears, but I want to make sure I don't need to get that specific skill point reward.

Correct. You can actually max the entire skill tree if you really want to.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

jabro posted:

Even if you don’t use the blaster stance it will still show up in cutscenes with any mods and color scheme you put on it.

excepting of course when you get the bug where the textures on the gun disappear

NB: why do consoles get the update today and PC has to wait? normally it's the other way around

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

el oso posted:

- Pretty much everyone emptying out of Pyloon's after the story is done is really a bummer. They make such a big deal out of the star destroyer being above Koboh that I wonder if it's a setup for a DLC or the sequel but man it really gives a melancholy vibe to the post-game stuff

Dare I say the tired old saw, "This is the Empire Strikes Back of the series."

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I want Turgle to conquer a planet in the name of the Almighty Tallest, is what I want

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The pc patch is out and for some reason it's taking literally all day to install, despite being only 4.3gb in actual "size" wtfh

just "patching" took an hour, and now it's on the "install" phase, and well

what the hell??

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Welp, I have the pc patch installed. Now the game crashes after a couple of minutes of gameplay :v:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

jabro posted:

just wait for the next game where Cal is training Kata and she turns against him.

It'll be because she got tired of all the corny dadjokes about Kata doing katas

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Broadlybrowsing posted:

It’s kind of strange to me how they decided to make the main open world area super washed out. The first level looked really cool, but parts of the out doors looks kind of bad to me. The night flip that happens for a couple of missions made it look so much better

everything on jedha has a yellow filter, even indoors. white lightsabers look yellow, purple looks pink

...even indoors under artificial light

oops

https://medium.com/@mdheydt1/yellow-filter-and-representations-of-the-global-south-b7d3e725a1f5

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

TremorX posted:

Tannalore is like the One Ring I guess in that it makes you stupid and obsessive, Bode is basically gollum and in this essay I will demonstrate wh

Dude I've been thinking the same thing, and wondering if we're gonna find out that place is actually totally cursed

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Marsupial Ape posted:

Also, I can’t be the only person who got this reference, right? https://stormbringer.fandom.com/wiki/Tanelorn. Helluva lot going on there if the writers aren’t just winking at us middled-aged fantasy novel fans.

Oh holy gently caress

Thank you, I've been trying to remember why that name sounded so familiar.

"Tanelorn, also known as Tan-al-Oorn, Shanalorm, the Eternal City and the City of Rest, is a city of Neutrality, supporting neither Law nor Chaos, which exists in some form in each and every world of the Multiverse."

Planet of the Grey Jedi lmao

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 14, 2023

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I was sitting there thinking the whole time how much Dagan looks like Elric of Melnibone

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Marsupial Ape posted:

Think I exhausted all the post end-game main character dialogue, finally.

The last dialogue Greez has during a transition to hyperspace is him voicing that he values his family/crew and that he has a good feeling about their future on Tannalor. Even Merrin agrees. Take that as you will, in context of Disney narrative logic.

There is a ton of post-game endearing dialogue between Merrin and Kata. We might as well consider the Nightsisters as re-established. Greez is plying Kata with food and attention.

Merrin has her ducks in a row, too. Gathering up the Anchorites and getting them on Tannalor came up 3 times. She also wants to transport the Old Republic droids from the moon base to Tannalor and get busy on building more Compasses.

She also made a date with Cal to pull the Star Destroyer out of Koboh’s orbit, so here’s hoping for that DLC

Oh hell yes, there's some of this that I missed and it's all good news

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Marsupial Ape posted:

Just keep bouncing around planets until they stop talking during take off.

The best one is

Kata: Merrin, do you know how to dance?

Merrin: Yes, when my sisters and I were young we would dance deep into the night.

Kata: Will you teach me to dance?

Merrin: Of course, child!

That little girl is gonna grow up witchy as gently caress.

hahahhahaha this owns

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Marsupial Ape posted:

It feels very much like a “the lady’s favor” moment, too, but a practical one. As a armchair student ancient religions and cult practices, there’s a lot of themes and ideas in JS (and recent Star Wars, in general) that ping my radar. I very much like the juxtaposition of the Cal’s Jedi esoteric/transcendent background with this Merrin’s Nightsister’s occult/immanent background. The Goddess and the Mystic, complementary rather than opposed.

Maybe a completely over thought misread, but I could probably pull an essay out of it if I wasn’t lazy.

That's how I read it too, fwiw.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Be cool if next game we can think with portals

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Ytlaya posted:

Rayvis is a good villain. The guy is actually intimidating and makes me think "drat I hope I don't run into that guy, he'll definitely beat the poo poo out of me"

I like how (end of Lucrehulk stuff) Rayvis is like "uhh, that jedi is actually pretty strong..." He realizes that Dagan Gera kinda sucks and will probably get owned by Cal. Cal's encounter with Rayvis ends with Cal barely escaping from this large scary alien, while his encounter with Dagan ends with Dagan absconding and being like "uhh you're lucky that I'm running away, I have better things to do."

Yeah, you really get the impression that Rayvis is really looking for a Jedi he respects enough to grant him a proper warrior's death, and Cal is that guy

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

TK-42-1 posted:

"Be seeing you" is dripping with so much cartoon villain menace I love it

Hell, so was "Noble Jedi knight..."

Honestly the more I think about it Rayvis was criminally underused and the VA gave a standout performance

You're right though. "Be seeing you" reminded me of Gul Dukat at his most smug.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 19, 2023

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

bobjr posted:

Turgle should have been a unit

Turgle is an absolute unit.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Jingleheimer posted:

I don't care how stupid it would have been, Turgle should have been the main villain.

Apprentice of Darth Jar-Jar

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Fuzz posted:

I'm telling you, a Skoova and Turgle spinoff where they go around the galaxy looking for fish.

Turgle spent a brief period touring with Ashe, or as he calls it, "frog gigging"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
he is a vergence in the force. he stands between the oggdo and the boggdo

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Wolfsheim posted:

Hint of the plot to come or just some easy asset reuse? Probably the second one lol

:allears:

Game good. Please continue to post your thoughts and feelings as you play through the story.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yeah that's less of a test and more of an opportunity

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Fuzz posted:

Don't forget the, "can you dig a souvenir out of the toilet."

I liked that it was a chunk of Space Gold, implying that someone was making GBS threads bricks while goldbricking.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
An unappreciated master of comic voice acting, is Horvitz. I've never not found his characters hilarious and endearing. Also quotable.

more organs means more human

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Fuzz posted:

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi/jedi-survivor/patch-notes

New patch with some new accessibility features and stuff.

Wow, I'm actually really intrigued/excited by the accessibility features. I wanna see how they've implemented the audio ping.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Vinylshadow posted:

If it ain't in Skoova Stev's voice then what's the point

There's only one ping, and that's Vassily's

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

turgid 4 turgle

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011