Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Docjowles posted:

This happened during my main home league draft and the room went loving wild. My only regret is that nobody had taken Luck yet, that would have been the most incredible draft day own. "Hey remember that time your team sucked so bad your QB instantly retired rather than be a part of it"

I had just finished my draft in a 2QB league where I had drafted Luck when the news came out :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My special teams only league had its draft yesterday.

Ended up with this team and feeling pretty good about it despite knowing even less about this than regular fantasy. I went hard early on punters after having the top 2 punters last year lead my to glory.

Some poor soul had technical difficulties during the draft and ended up autodrafting this team

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

thalweg posted:

How does head coach scoring work :dafuq:

This is how I have it set up. Basically you want a high scoring team that doesn't get blown out. Big bonus for ties because I think they're funny.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Losing as the 2nd highest scoring team of the week (and the other team only put up so many points because he had Dallas D). Fantasy football is back!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

MacheteZombie posted:

On the flip, I won while being the second lowest scoring.

Love a good win like that. I had a team make it to the finals with the 2nd fewest PF one year.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Another fun trick for yahoo is if you have trash on the end of your bench you can drop them for Sunday/Monday night game handcuffs if they're available.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Glad I sat Mattison, less glad I sat Addison.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Was feeling pretty good when I drafted Saquon and Aaron Jones as my starting RBs :rubby:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What happened between last season and this season with the Bengals? I thought they were at the Super Bowl or at least deep into the playoffs

Burrow is playing through a calf injury that has taken away a lot of his mobility.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
When are ESPN and Yahoo going to set Claypool to be a Dolphin? I went to swoop him up and he's on waivers because the bears already played

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

RCarr posted:

It’s not gonna magically take him off waivers once they set the Dolphins as his team.

It is, I just scooped him up in Yahoo. Don't have high expectations, but he's worth an end of bench flyer

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Nybble posted:

He went straight to my IR slot for the week, snap decision

oh drat I missed out on this, he's back to healthy, could have added him directly to IR in one league.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My Kamara/Taylor team looking very strong suddenly. Was rough week 1, but then Kyren/Puka helped get me to 3-1 and now I'm looking stacked.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Looks like Aaron Jones won't play tonight so I get to fire up AJ Dillon and hope he and Maxx Crosby combine for at least 20.5 points! :smithicide:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Quiet Feet posted:

Minshew rules and is gonna do great.

:hai:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Matt Zerella posted:

Addison getting all the love and everyone's forgetting how many TDs Osborne stole for JJ last year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him have a better game this weekend over Addison.

The thinking is that Addison is going to slot into JJ's role while Osborne is going to keep his same role. Osborne will probably get more targets than normal and might have a better game as Addison is no JJ, but Addison should get a lot more opportunities with JJ out.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Boosh! posted:

Thoughts on Mike Sanders for the rest of the year? He was dropped and I’m thin at RB so putting in a claim. Just debating how much to put in.

I wouldn't put much on him.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
pssh kickers are fun. Fantasy football is supposed to be dumb and infuriating. I'm in one league with 2 kickers (with insane boosted K scoring) and one league that's only special teams.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

Points are assigned irrespective of the player's designated position. When Taysom Hill is designated a TE and starts taking QB snaps people here salivate.

This. If you play with IDPs you sometimes have fun things like your QB or WR getting points making a tackle after a turnover. Really WRs should get points for pass breakups on bad throws when they break up picks.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

rotowire on Zach Evans posted:

Looks set to remain backup Week 7
Evans is expected to serve as a backup option behind Royce Freeman and Darrell Henderson in Sunday's game against the Steelers, sources tell Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Advice: While he was active for just the second time all season in last week's win over the Cardinals, Evans picked up his first NFL carries late in the contest once Kyren Williams (ankle) and Ronnie Rivers (knee) went down with injuries. Even though Williams and Rivers have since been moved to injured reserve and are set to miss at least the Rams' next four games, Evans doesn't look like he'll be in line to climb to the top of the depth chart, as the Rams reportedly believe the rookie sixth-round pick out of Ole Miss needs more time to learn the offense and acclimate to the NFL. Though he's still expected to be active over the recently signed Myles Gaskin on Sunday, Evans looks like he'll be ticketed for the No. 3 role while practice-squad imports Freeman and Henderson are first in line for work. Schefter relays that Freeman is likely to start, but how the Steelers defense lines up as well as how Freeman and Henderson fare will dictate which of the two leads the backfield in the weeks to come while Williams and Rivers are on the mend. Evans is expected to be "sprinkled in" to the backfield rotation Sunday, per Schefter, but the 22-year-old appears unlikely to get more than a handful of touches.

Don't know how much of this is coach speak, but definitely sound like a situation to avoid.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

EconDad posted:

Kittle going HAM tonight. I can feel it in the air. Prime time game, coming off of a non-game for him? He's about to smash.

I need him to outscore McCaffery by 2, not feeling confident unless CMC leaves the game early.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
The most important skill in fantasy is just paying attention. I got a notification before the late afternoon games yesterday about Metcalf being out so I was able to scoop up Smith-Njigba and start him for some good points. I still lost because the rest of my team took a big dump, but I had a better shot at winning. In my guillotine league the Metcalf owner did not pay attention and might be getting the chop tonight because he wasn't paying attention at the right time.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

mega dy posted:

I have a league where my RB group is in shambles due to the deaths of Nick Chubb and JK Dobbins. I'm currently cycling between Rachaad White, Kareem Hunt, and Gus Edwards.

My current WR stable is Puka, Adam Thielen, DK Metcalf, Garrett Wilson.

I can trade Adam Thielen and Garrett Wilson for Saquon and Diontae. Not sure that Thielen > DK is a huge downgrade and I get a significant upgrade to RB's. I do that, right?

I'd do that.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

ferroque posted:

Leaning towards sitting Henry this week. The Atlanta matchup is brutal and Tennessee looks so bad. Can't do it.

I was thinking about it, but it's not like the high powered Falcons offense are going to run up the score so Tennessee has to abandon the run, without Tannehill Henry is their offense, and Richaard White had a solid game against them last week.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

Same. And I suspect that packers team is going to get completely rolled tomorrow.

:sickos:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Bumhead posted:

Someone has offered me;

Henry
Jefferson
Aiyuk

For;

Kupp
Pacheco

Am I an idiot for turning it down? I like Pacheco and Kupp is fit and actively playing. However if Henry ends up somewhere like the Ravens and JJ comes back..

What's your team depth and record? If you need to keep winning to make the playoffs you can't give up Kupp don't do it, but if you have some depth and a strong record that could take a couple of losses before JJ comes back (and you think he will) go for it.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Bumhead posted:

It’s standard PPR scoring and I’m currently at 3-4.

It feels like a season tipping point dice roll with a lot of variables.

At 3-4 you need wins now and Kupp isn't that far behind JJ in PPR for the downgrade to Aiyuk for who knows how long. I'd stand pat.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Been surviving in my JJ leagues by having also drafted Addison, not feeling so good anymore with Cousins dead.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
With Dobbs that means my Addison/Jefferson shares are saved right???

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Do I dare start Nuk tonight?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Silly Burrito posted:

Hell yes. Balls to the Nuk walls my friend.

gently caress it, I'm in. Starting Henry and Nuk in a guillotine. Ride or die with the Titans offense on a thursday night

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

dxt posted:

gently caress it, I'm in. Starting Henry and Nuk in a guillotine. Ride or die with the Titans offense on a thursday night

worked out reasonably well. Also very happy I sat Pickens in a couple of leagues.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Vargo posted:

So it's probably time for me to get out of the Tyjae Spears business, right? Feels like I've been holding onto him waiting for a Derrick Henry trade/injury/regression that just isn't coming.

Well the trade definitely isn't happening and it doesn't look like he's regressing at all. But an injury is always possible, maybe try to trade him to the Henry owner.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I always like to do a look ahead to next week on Monday mornings and saw I have QBs on bye next week. I checked the FAs and was able to scoop up Goff and T-Law (!) who were dropped because of their byes to fill in. In yahoo leagues anyone on your bench is droppable and anyone on bye is a FA so you can sometimes find some fun pickups for next week.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I'm in one league with 2 Kickers (and juiced kicker scoring) and I run a league that's special teams only (2 kickers, 2 punters, 2 flex spots that only get return points) :smug:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I loving hate Tony Pollard so much. He's a must-start every week but he hasn't done poo poo, fantasy-wise, since week 1.

I drafted him in my two biggest money leagues :negative:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I have received an offer in full PPR:

Give:
Keenan Allen

Get:
Bijan
Nico Collins

Arthur Smith has to get fired soon right? My starting rbs are Stevenson and Chuba so not exactly great. God drat falcons :argh:

The guy with Aaron Jones also really wants Keenan so I could go that direction

I would not give up Keenan Allen based on hopes that the Falcons get their poo poo together.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I know Burrow is back to being Burrow, but potentially no Chase or Higgins has me worried and Purdy is just staring at me out on the wire

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Need 20 .5 PPR points from Diggs to survive the guillotine tonight. Which is tough, but doable. He's done it 3 times so far this season. Mandrews and Henry really killing me this week

dxt fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

AnacondaHL posted:

summary on who the heck Ty Chandler is and why he's being projected as an RB1 savior in Minnesota please

Next guy up, had some nice runs last week. Not going to be a savior on his own, but MN run game could (COULD) be more effective as defenses worry about Dobbs running.