Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

And not a single one of the bastards will grant me the rank of Master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He's one of the lads, they're circling the wagons.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not surprised the most self-centered person in the world doesn't think anything of inflicting her habit on a captive audience.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Private Speech posted:

Yeah the "we didn't start shagging until he was 19, honest" comes from schofield himself. IIRC there were rumours he was seen being far too close to him already when he was 15.

Then again if the first lady of France can get away with it, well.

When women do it, the right just go "Whooaaaarrrrrrr where was she when I was 14 eh lads eh eh"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Why are robots (or robot suits) always shown with flared trousers (let alone the muscle-bound gym bodies)?

Eg ^^^ spice suits above

Optimus prime

Well that's from the Dreamwave era, when the style guide was loose and ugly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

TBF, even Bellingcat (which is very pro-Ukrainian) is starting to put out threads going 'oh hey there sure are a lot of neo-Nazis at the core of these much-hyped military operations'.

One of the guys running the anti-Putin border insurgency, for instance, sells the Christchurch manifesto in his online store ands seems to be fighting Russia because he doesn't think it's racist enough.

Oh sick, Putin was right, death to Ukraine then

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What do you think should be done about it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I like Aerosmith

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh gross hadn't heard of that poo poo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Randallteal posted:

UK goons: is what's happening with the SNP normal for police investigations? What's the point of "arresting" someone just to interview them and let them go? It feels like an intimidation tactic, but one that would only work on people who don't actually have financial and legal resources.

Lets your pet newspapers put STURGEON ARRESTED in their headlines

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All bad things are equally bad unless I haven't heard of them. I am the enlightened

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gay people in Friends are a punchline. Black people are a footnote.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

About to blow your mind right out of your head when you find out how much of TV and Film America is actually Canada

Stargåte taught me that all alien worlds look like the forests of British Columbia

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I remember the Guardian TV guide thing doing its best to sell the hell out of Mighty Boosh.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Any of youse know of anyone that makes a combination VHS/DVD/Bluray player? I've had to fight the rats nest at the back of my dad's TV today and condensing some of it into one HDMI and one power cable would do minor wonders for it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

So the Sub the billionaires paid millions to go to the bottom of the ocean in is a cobbled together piece of poo poo operated by a Logitech Mad Katz game controller lmao

https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1670945751206117376?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Hey I have that controller! Good construction but it's wireless only and I wouldn't trust its connection as far as I can throw it. That explains everything, they tried a tricky maneuver around some rocks and it lagged out and they crashed right into them

Should have gone for the wired one idiots lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So for more detail, that pad is the F710. It's s decade and a half old design at least and they're still selling it, far as I can tell unchanged. Its predecessor, the F510, was lovely, I used it for years, and I'd still be using it if the right stick click hadn't worn out playing Dark Souls. I struggled with the F710 for a few months before giving up. Its wireless was intolerably laggy. I don't know whether it was getting interference or what.

If you want a good, recent controller, go for an 8bitdo, not that crap.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The line "I'm a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania" would probably not get written today you do have to admit

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

qhat posted:

In that sense yes you could probably make a simple rugged system which has firmware which is specifically programmed to only read/write the HID protocol and convert it to some whatever signal, and have that replaceable, I doubt it would be a spacious system. The wireless is more concerning, more because this guy seems like he's the type of guy whose idea of a rugged DAC is a raspberry pi that he put together one day because it comes with a wifi receiver.

Ha, it would need a USB port too, the F750 only talks to its own dedicated wifi receiver.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TRANSGENDERS ARE PERVERTING YOUR CHILDREN BY TELLING THEM TO BE GIRL T REXES
NEW "T REGINA" FAD SPREADING THROUGH TICK TOCK ENCOURAGING BELIEF THAT KING OF THE DINOSAURS COULD BE FEMALE

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I got a silver certificate in one of their maths challenges when I were lad

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Just Another Lurker posted:

I play the female option in video games as i don't want to stare a man's backside all day. :colbert:

Heard that one a lot from guys who played girls in Elite: Dangerous.

Elite: Dangerous is a first-person game in which you're glued into the biggest, most rear end-encompassing armchair you've ever seen in your life

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I play men in video games because I'm usually looking at the rest of the video game

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Already gone

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My recs have a lot of Columbo in them atm.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

winegums posted:

So I'm looking for some help, regarding memes. I'm trying to explain pictorial memes to a group of people who know gently caress all about the internet, Twitter etc.

I'm trying to find a good example of an image meme which everyone who understands it gets it, but which might be fairly opaque from the outside. Ones like Leo pointing at the screen or the roll safe meme aren't ideal as they kinda suggest something from the image itself.

Something like that picture of Baddiel in blackface people post whenever he decides he's the racism understander is probably a good example. But I'm looking for an example that's less contentious. Can anyone think of one?

Loss, maybe one of the more abstract versions of it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Edit: surely everyone here knows this one?

No you've lost me

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pablo Bluth posted:

The internet/humanity is worse than that.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-65951188

They did an expose on Neuralink?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

For the love of god please stop discussing animal abuse.

Have a swan instead

https://twitter.com/bbcnews/status/1674423865848786945?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

trains delayed due to cygnet issue

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't understand how anyone can keep up with the inscrutable political minutiae required to understand this thread, and not understand CWS.

I have major face blindness

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah see I recognise Putin and Boris, I think that's dommy cums on the right, the rest are a complete mystery to me and that guy with the phone seems like he'd be important at the very least

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A quid a throw for mild burns like that, he's making out like a bandit

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

kingturnip posted:

There's that ongoing rumour that she slept with Boris, too

She was certainly looking at him like she wanted to any time they were in the same room

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Much like the Tories

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bobstar posted:

They're all coming out of the woodwork to defend privatisation now. Probably because water somehow manages to be even stupider than energy in the way it was done, so a big failure is a good focal point for nationalisation talk.

Not sure why they're worried - nobody's going to win the next election and nationalise anything anyway.

x

Yep, private companies, famous for putting in more money than they get out, just for funsies.

If only there was some way the goverment could get access to privately held capital.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

WOKE novel has Jesus identified as a CAT

He's not Aslan, he's a very cowardly lion!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I actually like Fry's more than the real stuff, but that's not saying much. I can't stand how the powdered sugar feels on my teeth

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I still can't get over they used a loving bluetooth controller. The PS2 wired gamepad interface has been reverse engineered and used in arduino projects for like a decade and it's just so much more reliable

It wasn't even bluetooth, it was wifi and only talked to its own specific receiver. And it doesn't even communicate with that consistently.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Stand By Me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALNjevGdB5g&t=55s