Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

This explains why some co-workers have suddenly been loud about how great crypto is and it will totally replace our dollar any minute now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

stackofflapjacks posted:

Northeast goons, wear a mask out in the smoke, start checking the smoke forecast and avoid the head splitting headaches that results from inhaling particulates for more than 15min unprotected. Limit physical activity outside (strenuous breathing). Home air purifier in your bedroom at night is really helpful, especially if you live in an older house that isn't sealed up tight.

It's been bad on the West Coast in the last decade. Don't suffer the first 3 days before mitigating the smoke damage. Stay safe goons

Really glad Washington is gorgeous weather and not currently on fire.

On this note, turn off exhaust fans in the laundry and/or bathrooms. They can create negative pressure in your home, making the "bad air" want to enter via any unsealed cracks/doors/windows/vents.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Countdown until we hear about the massive Mormon pedophile rings. For a political party that claims to be looking out for the welfare of children, they spend a bunch of energy enabling their abuse.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I heard something to this effect today from a completely different source. I thought it was an odd thing to focus on. The article was at least a month old, so this has been brewing for awhile.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Even ignoring the initial altercation, holding the choke long after the other guy was unconscious makes it an easy manslaughter vote if I’m on that jury.

That is what gets me. You know when someone goes out when choking them. It doesn't take much sense/effort to relax that hold to not kill someone. If you can't tell if the guy you are choking out is out, you probably shouldn't be choking people.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Do any Texas cities have polluted rivers and lead pipes in their water infrastructure?

Not that we know of/yet.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

orange juche posted:

Jade Helm morons still doin their thing

You beat me to it!

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

That Works posted:

If I got this kind of headline approved I'd just knock off early for the day and go out for beers.

https://lufkindailynews.com/news/community/spare-relationship-causes-awkward-split/article_fb8f6ae4-0fbc-11ee-8ecf-ff57d9685d28.html

That dude was waiting for this moment in life. He has peaked.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Soul Dentist posted:

I think every GiP thread is ragging on Ohio pizza rn

or maybe just the two in my bookmarks

Those are the only two that get posts

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Either last year or the year before we had a wildfire break out pretty close to the north.

That year I got a really close look at all the planes and helicopters that respond to wildfires. poo poo was wild.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

joat mon posted:

A couple years ago, my first idea that the fires were close was coming over the ridge of a valley and seeing a BAE 146 dropping a load of retardant on our place on the other side of the valley.

That is nuts.

We heard all the aircraft and then started getting emergency texts from the county. Around the same time we started seeing the smoke to the north. We just happened to have a response team at a nearby airport and they used the reservoir/lake to top off on water.

Thankfully we were upwind from everything and it was moving away from us, but crazy to think that could happen within a 5-10 mile bubble from my home.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Would be fun if a lawyer for a sure to be losing side used their time during arguments in front of the court to directly ask how much for Alito and Thomas’ votes. Thomas is far beyond caring but would be funny to see Alito fume even if it would probably be a bar disciplinary issue.

You would be able to make a living as the pundent that "stuck it to SCOTUS". I'm sure there would be book deals and at least "legal analyst" at a major news network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Platystemon posted:

Someone on Reddit shared their family tradition of burning Traitor Flags on Juneteenth.

I say that it’s time to petition state legislatures to allow firework sales ahead of the holiday.

https://i.imgur.com/znGkQtD.mp4

This is awesome.