Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If you are on mobile there's a 95% chance you thought them was balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

My 4 month old woke me up at 10, 11, 11:30, 11:45, 12:15, 5, 5:15, 5:45 last night. My hardcore druid will probably die from my sleep deprived rear end or from panic trying to TP when munchkin wakes up tonight. Wish me luck!!

Two tips I gots for ya: first, don't sleep on IAS on your gloves and legendaries. I'm pretty sure it's one of the top affixes for DPS, and I hope some of the turbo nerds look into it soon. It's been ignored.

Second, grouping is OP. You can divide and conquer and get dungeon credit when not present, and you can power level your friends. If anything should cause a HC race uproar, it's this.
https://youtu.be/BIYrC5e9eg4

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Magus42 posted:

100 is the max

Your first paragon Glyph after 100 depends on your region. In the UK you get a letter from the queen* and in the US you get to go on local TV

* she wrote lots of letters before she died, it covers everyone born before 2017 IIRC. If you die before you reach 100 your letter gets added to the ritual pyre on the annual Ardent Crumblenight.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Not yet, 5 hours to go, but I'm enjoying the thread, thanks!!!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I repaired my install and it fixed something similar - TPs and waypoints would just fizzle, so I ran back to town and clicked my stash which booted me out lol

First post since game release since time posting is time not on that grind :dance: the game is fun, I keep getting distracted from my "rush this poo poo" plan by fun events and side quests. Surprising MVP is the wardrobe dress up color coordination.

Level 34 HC 75% solo shifter druid

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Memnaelar posted:

Are aspects pulled off gear better than the permanent ones you earn from dungeons? It appears to me they are. The legendary aspects I pull off legendary gear seem to have multipliers based on putting them on the "right" sort of gear whereas the codex of power ones don't. Then again, the legendary ones appear to come fixed at a certain power level (based on the item they were on) so I'm not sure how they scale compared to codex ones (which I assume match the level of the gear they're initially applied to?)

Anyone know of a resource to sort through this stuff? Definitely wish the game had a pedia.

As mentioned,
Codex = lowest roll (e.g. 20%-40% crit damage will roll 20%)
Aspect extracted = any roll, could be anywhere in the range. Unlucky goons might still get lowest :v:

But the slot-specific multipliers work the same for both! Reminder don't imprint on weapons until late game, since you'll always be most limited by the materials for imprinting so even though the Codex is free to go nuts, you'll run out of golden donkey scrotum pretty quick. And weapons are replaced so often just to keep up DPS that your lvl 25 legendary will be outclassed by a lvl 28 gold.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Wish you could emote wheel unstoppable. Is there an elixir for that, or a way to swap skills? I only need my one "oh poo poo" skill like once a day...

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I didn't watch the video (feeding kids) but got a notification and sharing it here so goons can be degenerate

https://youtu.be/J37SqdD1bRM

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Internet Explorer posted:

For those having trouble logging in, it's a known issue -
https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1665069466282250240

So the real server slam was weekend warriors

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Game is good. New favorite thing, level 36: find higher level strongholds and feel the risk of HC death. I know past 50 I'll be able to pick and choose my enemy difficulty easier, I can't wait!

Also, my neighbor is a D4 environment artist and I shared some of goon kind comments about the aesthetics. He was glad to hear it :)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BabyRyoga posted:

Should share the most important thing i've discovered today:

When upgrading gear, going from level 4>5 is essentially a larger upgrade than all of 1-4 total in some cases. If you have an item with skill upgrades, EVERY SKILL on the item will be increased by 1.

That depends on the starting point actually. First 3 upgrades are very cheap, so if you're within 15 item power, definitely do it. If you're within 25 item power, think hard if it's worth the mats.

The break points are here, and these are what controls the big power jump you mention:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Y'all going to get me to rush the story just so I can click your spoiler tags :v:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

One weird thing. I'm level 38 HC yeah? Never found a single scroll of escape. And I read absolutely every drop.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I got a drat stomach virus and have spent most of today groaning in bed or worshipping the altar of Lilith in my bathroom.

There's no way my work believes me that I'm actually sick lmao

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sab669 posted:

There are definitely incentives on the Tree, and probably on items, to swap between the two. It's an interesting concept to emphasize the "Shapeshift" concept by forcing you to constantly do it, rather than like Last Epoch's Primalist that can just become a bear and be a bear indefinitely.

I'm going full shifter until I get a unique that makes another choice better. Working great lvl 43 HC :)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Where my hardcore players at? Level 49 over here, about to finish the campaign :dance:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Servers seemed to have poo poo the bed, west coast (me) + 2 randos from Discord all got kicked out

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Hardcore story time
Step 1: Hit WT3
Step 2: Experiment with respecs now that enemies matter
Step 3: Join some higher level folks in a chill Discord
Step 4: Forget to play cautiously

Thankfully, one of them was streaming
https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyFamousSquidHumbleLife-EZcmKY01lT6uDyCU

The folks are real chill, they boosted me in the last 20 minutes to WT3 and lvl 11. Edit: lvl 13 lol

Goodbye BugbearHair, hello MamaBugbear

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 9, 2023

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Fuligin posted:

Hmm any tips for point distribution while levelling a druid? Im only like lvl 15 or 16 but i feel like i kill things v slow and its tempting me to reroll as rogue

After my HC 52 died I'm playing with builds. This one seems best. If you can get these aspects, you'll melt fools and be super tanky - start with Changelings Debt and put it on an ammy for that 50% bonus. I do the off meta Maul because switching to werebear often is required for the poison build to really click. Bonus that Skinwalkers basically doubles your health since you weave between forms so quickly! Natural Fortitude helps a little later too.

Note I gave you more than 15 skill points. I assume you can get some from renown, especially as you farm the aspects.

https://d4builds.gg/builds/4b3d0e4c-b1bf-4fad-b477-7191d05a68d7/

E: quick nuance - skill sequencing matters. It's meditative, rhythmic, but some people find that boring or mechanical. I don't :)

Shred to gapclose (only 1st hit) ➜ Rabies ➜ Lclick to consume it ➜ Vine creeper ➜ Lclick to consume it. That's all packs and most elites, bosses will need some Shreds when you're waiting on CDs and some Trample for CC and spirit regen

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jun 11, 2023

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Fuligin posted:

Much obliged!

Oops, I was too slow on the edit. I'll add it here too so you don't miss it

quick nuance - skill sequencing matters. It's meditative, rhythmic, but some people find that boring or mechanical. I don't :)

Shred to gapclose (only 1st hit) ➜ Rabies ➜ Lclick to consume it ➜ Vine creeper ➜ Lclick to consume it. That's all packs and most elites, bosses will need some Shreds when you're waiting on CDs and some Trample for CC and spirit regen.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

You can abandon old side quests by right clicking them, so you can do the one in front of you

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

You can hot swap your skill bar for exactly that situation - if your LMB has a low CD then you should be able to swap then generate resource in a pinch

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

How dare you

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Giving another vote to "side quests sometimes are main story levels of quality" - the Heretic series in Hawezar, surrounding Aneta, are freaking cool. I highly recommend you do them. Can't wait for new ones!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

i vomit kittens posted:

Speaking of hardcore, is anyone playing through the campaign on it? The only story-related achievement I need is to kill Lilith in a party but all of my friends did the campaign on softcore which I don't have a character for. If you are on HC and want some help with the campaign, I'll bully the Act 6 bosses for you on my sorcerer. My BNet is vomitkittens#1424 (also feel free to add me if you're just a HC player in general).

Added you. misterhill#1882 character name MamaBugbear. I'll play for the next ~2.5 hours

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Can someone ELI5 how to do fast dungeons? Usually we completely disband party, but everybody ends up in town so we need to hoof it back to the dungeon.

Someone should probably exit dungeon before the party reforms, so they're right there, but should it be the new party leader or an invitee?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Magus42 posted:

Any reason you aren't using the 'leave dungeon' button?

That's what I meant by the last sentence. I just mean, can only the new party leader do that? Would be nice to take turns vendor running.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

My no-good, very bad bug that almost killed me in hardcore:

Joined a couple of people T1. Started split farming whispers. Start running towards a dungeon. Suddenly, I notice the dungeon is level 53. We are now in T3. I am level 20. I have never done the capstone. What?? I am not in a safe area. I do not have Scroll of Escape.

Thankfully I was full defense build sorc so I was able to kite and leash until the lvl 53 in the party ported to me and saved my rear end.

Other weird poo poo:
  • My mount wasn't working. It would animate, but the horse would run away instantly.
  • TP wasn't working
  • Running to Kyov, I was able to enter the safe zone on the bridge but not the town itself
  • At this point, my allies disappeared to me and I disappeared to them. See their dots on the minimap?

Before all that, we confirmed that I could still get XP from overworld content, but I wasn't going to risk it. Fuckin weird. Happened again after I left and rejoined, but we were more careful that time.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

there's a summary at wowhead if y'all don't care to watch the video

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/diablo-4-campfire-chat-liveblog-summary-333518

Kind of nice when the only complaint that comes to mind is "yes but sooner"

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

DarkDobe posted:

For some sickening reason if you slot teleport into your enchant slot like a madman, your dash becomes a teleport and:

It will pull enemies using the unique effect
It will count as 'using a cooldown' for barrier/aspect purposes
It will NOT break CC for some reason

Honestly as fun as it is having up to 4 teleports to vacuum/stun with, you have to be careful to save your 'real' one for emergencies.

Some boots have "damaging enemies reduce dash CD by X seconds" which gets silly with the succ unique :pgabz:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Extract aspect (I assume above 800 ilvl) costs 553k gold, greed shrine gives a few k gold, side quests 2,500 gold. I just can't wrap my head around these design decisions.

Yeah. Having monsters scale HP and loot but not the quest content they so desperately want us to do... Very odd.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

acumen posted:

I levelled my alt in pvp. Basically had the zone to myself and grabbed a bunch of cosmetic doodads while I was at it.

If my current HC character dies I'll do this for ~ultra HC mode~ on my next character :geti in

Hashy posted:

each small whisper gives roughly the equivalent of 10 skeletal archers worth of experience and each grim favour contributes 30 skeletal archers worth of experience per whispering tree hand-in. Just about possible for one screen clearing ability to net you the exp you get for running around hunting for a corpse and then waiting for the elite to spawn

Tree give orange thing make brain happy

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

explosivo posted:

There's looots of levels of nightmare dungeons, upgrade what you can with ancestrals and keep pushing. Pretty soon a majority of the drops you get in dungeons will be ancestral and some Sacred.

So fun addition here - nightmare dungeons in particular drop higher quality items all else equal! Blue post discussed here:

https://youtu.be/7ZWkKHDCMZs

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

smoobles posted:

There's a bug on PS5 where when I open the map the game freezes. Nice

Yeah they brought back Duriel

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Not sure if it's true but I'll check soon and report in. Important for HC especially if butcher is chasing you!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

^^ yeah, posted already :)

If there's ever something obvious that is wrong with a well funded game, the answer is very rarely "core dev team is oblivious." or "they did no testing." It's much more likely know exactly what's wrong, but:
1. Monetization got in the way
2. They ran out of time fixing bigger issues
3. HIPPO - Highest Paid Person's Opinion, aka some leadership thinks it's not a problem / it's actually Good Game Design / had other pet priorities

#3 is most insidious, so let's see how it shakes out.

Stash issues could be #2 or #3. I doubt they'll sell a 5th tab for real money. Nightmare keys not teleporting is definitely #3 since it was there in the closed beta and turned off on purpose, good they see the demand now.

Not having LFG / better clans and not on the dev update is my biggest gripe atm. Would be nice if they invested a lot in social. Goon discord just doesn't help that much finding HC groups.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

They give 1 whisper reward, and sometimes, if you've been a good hero, have a yellow drop from the reward chest

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So uh, guess what happens when you collect a Whisper cache WT1 and open it WT4?

Only place I can find this info online is Discord, please don't spread it to Reddit lest it get patched :)

E: also, in the spirit of "fun at all costs", I have started doing HC PVE farming in the PVP zone. Not bloodmarked, but ready for trouble if it finds me!

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

George H.W. oval office posted:

Is it really a hack or are the whispers based on your current lvl regardless?

It's really a hack. I exclusively do WT1 at the moment and never got any nightmare sigils or Sacred items. First WT3 open and I got some.

Not sure if gambling or herb caches work the same way, but wouldn't surprise me.