Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1666585239341215746
What is the Lillard Heat trade going to look like?

I'll take Spoelstra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

mods change my name to well placed observer

I'm sure the blazers are gonna be super eager to trade for the big man who misses more than half of every season and is coming up on a huge contact extension

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

GordonComstock posted:

Is there any other player like Chris Paul? A historically great player who’s played on so many different teams? It’s got to be a huge knock on him that so many teams decided he couldn’t be the guy. Looking at WS only Shaq jumps out for also being on so many teams towards the top. But he was also clearly cooked for his last two.

This is pretty much just because of the length of his career.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

https://twitter.com/HoopMixOnly/status/1673429074012782594
I wouldn't normally post something like this here. However, I've been shocked by several friends' choices. imo it is obviously Kobe.

It's obviously Kobe

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
This is how I imagine FVV reacting to that Rockets offer

quote:

my agent is like, ‘Yo, Portland wants to give you seventy. Like, seventy-million.’ I’m like, ‘Seventeen?’ And he was like, ‘No, seventy.’ I’m like, ‘No, seventeen?’ And he’s like, ‘No, like seventeen a year.’ And I’m like, ‘Wait, like dollars?! Seventy-million DOLLARS?!’ You know what I mean? And he’s like, ‘Yeah.’ And I’m like, ‘drat, bruh, this is wild.’

“So, I called my mom. I said, ‘Mom, I’ma sign to Portland. You got to keep it on the low but it’s going to be for seventy.’ And she’s like, ‘Seventeen?’ And I’m like, ‘No, seventy.’ And she’s like, ‘Seventeen?’ And I’m like, ‘No, like a seven and a D. Seven-D. Seven-D.’ And she just literally said, ‘Oh my God.’ And I’m like, ‘Yeah, we supposed to go to Portland in three days. I just can’t die. I got to get there, sign that paper, and we good.’”

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I don’t know anything about this guy but it bums me out to see jock going.

He's a good pickup for them: he rebounds, blocks shots, hustles his rear end off.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
As a Portland fan, I hope they send Dame wherever he wants.

Also as a Portland fan, if they can dump Nurkic in the process, I'm so sick of Nurk.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

rivetz posted:

I feel like you can never look at these #s too many times

Gentle reminder that Dame will be 36 going into that final year. I genuinely believe that he still has multiple seasons of high-level or even elite play in front of him, anddddd also genuinely cannot believe we're actually going to get out from under this thing

Did you see what FVV is making?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

stuker posted:

ty

this does not really seem like a tenable negotiating position for cronin, unless he wants harden (and harden+maxey might be one of the better offers if i'm trying to still compete w/o dame i guess? it would still be really dumb)

It sounds like he's basically saying no to Miami but Brooklyn would still be in the mix, "star-level package" basically means multiple 1sts

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Dame keeps getting more likeable

quote:

Though Lillard reportedly doesn’t want to play for the Celtics, they could offer up to three firsts and one swap with Malcolm Brogdon, Robert Williams, Payton Pritchard, Luke Kornet, and Justin Champagnie.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Dame is easily the best Blazer ever

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

It'll always be Clyde for me, maybe it's nostalgia but I got to watch those Finals runs with my dad. Still have the shirts :-)

Same and I mean my dog is named Clyde but he did the same thing as Dame and Dame is just better than he was

Papes posted:

Bill walton?

He played like two seasons for them

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I mean tbf to that post Rasheed is a close runner up for best Blazer of all time

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I just road tripped through southern Oregon and up to Eugene last week, it was really nice

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
My retirement plan is to buy a big house in SE Portland like a proper Californian

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Billups still seems like a bad hire

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

OzFactor posted:

Here's what I keep thinking about : if we take everyone at their word and Dame really was waiting to see what the team would do to set up for him between the draft and the first round of signings, what was the non-Portland signing where he said "welp, that's it, I'm out?" Like, who specifically was he waiting for and didn't get? I wonder if he told them "get me Draymond or I'm out" and they said "we'll try!"

It was probably them resigning Grant and doing literally nothing else to improve the team. Portland signing Edy Tavares must not have moved the needle as much as they hoped.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I can't imagine Wemby's feet not constantly being fractured, they're like the length of a normal human forearm

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Orlando's summer league team has some wild hair game

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

He's gonna be a problem as long as he's healthy

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
It's so reassuring that he has no intention of failing, as opposed to everyone else

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Do Blazers fans still have to pretend Dame can rap or are they free from that now?

Surely all those country boys and Midwest transplants were only pretending not to have deep takes on rap

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Yeah this whole segment was adorable

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Hoisted by his own batard

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Wade's peak is better than Kobe's

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'm making my way through the Replacements discography right now.

I discovered The Replacements through Youtube music recommendations and they are great

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Y'all this was 13 years ago, we're all so loving old

https://imgur.com/a/FQ0Vqf7

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

I read that as "CTE" at first

I'm only now realizing it's not that. UFE indeed

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
But the important thing is did Tatum get anesthesia

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
lmao at how far from a win that is for Portland, wtf. They're not gonna give up Dame as a salary dump.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

yeah I mean there's a salary floor, once you ship out Dame you might as well have Nurkic getting paid. What else are you gonna do, you're clearing cap space before you see what Scoot/Shaedon can do, for what? To sign Tobias Harris and Valanciunas on $40m/2 year deals that'll end when the Nurkic contract was ending anyway?

It's also typically much more valuable for Portland to have good players under contract than cap space, because free agents do not want to play there so trades are basically all they've got.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Nurkic absolutely is not an upgrade (even defensively) over DA, wtf

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

I feel like Nurkic is a pretty significant downgrade from Ayton and thats not even including the injury history

Yeah same, even for the like 40 games per year that Nurk is healthy, he's simply not very good

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I hope this is true and Dame gets a ring wherever he goes next year and then the Blazers win every ring forever after that, make it happen Cronin

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The only time Nurk has even a decent attitude is when he's getting lots of touches, and well let's see looking at Phoenix's roster well hmmmm

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Scoot and Sharpe are presumably Portland's future backcourt, so Simons is a bit of a stopgap anyway

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I am very happy with this trade both for Portland and for Dame (and for Giannis). This is way better than the Miami package holy poo poo.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

nachos posted:

Yeah what the gently caress is Portland going to do with jrue

Trade him to a contender for a 1st

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I actually think Phx does fine out of this if Nurk is healthy for the playoffs (big if). He's a downgrade from Ayton, but Little and Allen can both play so maybe some extra depth for the regular season.

IDK I don't love it for them but I can kinda see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I think Dame will in fact be quite happy to be playing with a top-3 NBA player on a team that also has a bunch of good roleplayers