Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

As much as I'm enjoying BG3 (much more than I ever enjoyed both Divinity 1 and 2, was quite worried when Larian picked up the license for BG), I am getting that Larian feeling again where they throw an absolute sandbox at you and expect you to enjoy it, whilst failing to give specific context or pre-background reasoning for doing anything. I'm in the goblin camp and it's basically extreme multi choice, which becomes a bit overwhelming.

I guess it's to create re-playability, but how likely am I to sit through a 200-odd hour game again?

Dunno, maybe i'm just getting old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

snoremac posted:

How's BG3 in terms of quirkiness? I ask because it grated on me in DOS1 and was less present in 2 but still there.

I mean in the vein of "OOooh I'm Welly McWellington, the well" which actually happens in 1.

It's a bit more serious than DOS1, although you can still talk to animals, and there are still quirky things here and there.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The intro is hilarious for how fast and dumb it is. Touch metal, oh you're the chosen one. I can feel it even though I've only met you for 30 seconds.

Anyway here's my ship, my robot, and he'll why don't you take my watch also. See ya!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Is there sex in armoured core?

Can I gently caress the mech?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm playing Warframe. I'm sticking endos in my chakras.

When do I get a new frame?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you need to join the goon clan for free instant access for the dojo frames, otherwise grind bosses until you have all three blueprints

warframe goons will also shower you with gifts, they are good people

I'm playing on console though. :ohdear:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Starfield is a much bleaker and hopeless vision of the future than Cyberpunk 2077

It's basically the Elon musk future where everyone is dead on earth and the only people who escaped are trash people who don't question love for corporation.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Tankbuster posted:

The game specifically shows Space Neom sweep it's dirty poors under the metaphorical carpet. They didn't accidentally stumble backwards into a fanfiction tier critique of present day conditions - in fact its the easiest thing to do.

Yeah the game amusingly doesn't even really explain that. It just matter-of-factly goes "Yeah the poors living underground. That's where they belong."

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

AC Mirage seems fine. Story is a bit meh at the moment, but it seems like a much more natural sequel to Origins.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Stumbled into twin peaks.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Not only that but you can die from mold.

Presumably not you, the landlord though.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

I woke up with herald of darkness playing in my head drat you remedy

I've got balance slays the demon stuck in mine.

Catchy songs

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Alan wake 2: Finnish nightmare complete.

Would return to Finland again.

(The soundtrack was awesome)

Overall excellent experience but okayish gameplay.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Billy bass fishing is back?!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Ok I'm tempted to go buy jedi survivor for $30 from target

So long as it's not the PC version it's fine. Could be shorter and more condensed, but generally it's a fun experience. Cal is more interesting this time around compared to the first game.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Xaris posted:

is the PC version really that bad?? i thought the first one was ok, kinda mid but better than most sw games. I kinda expected more from Respawn though. it was less than the sum of its parts

It was in a pretty bad state when released and still isn't at the standard of performance that the console versions are at.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

picked up steel division 2 on the steam sale

its pretty neat, kind of feels like a cross between coh and total war is the closest thing i can think of. especially dope are dug-in defending battles where you get to lay out a shitload of barbed wire and have trenches and mg/at bunkers set up

way too many units tho it's hard to tell what does what

It's pretty good yeah. The AI at higher difficulty levels can be pretty tricky.

Units are a bit easier to understand if you filter by type and nationality. How you build an army is up to you. It's generally recommended to experiment and tinker until you're happy.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Fuligin posted:

If steel division had more than like three maps it would be the sickest poo poo ever. Boats sailed on that though, now WARNO is my friend

How's warno for AI?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

bedpan posted:

alan wank

:hmmyes:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

"See these rich fucks? They're essential npcs you can't harm them."

I think it was around that point I uninstalled. That the game didn't let the fourth option of "shoot these CEO fuckers" just screamed of poo poo.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Them's fighting words mister.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

quote:

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - I played this heavily for like two weeks trying to make a dent into the single-player campaign but looking back on it now I honestly couldn't tell you anything particularly nice about it. It got completely overshadowed by the Sniper Elite series, which does the same things Ghost Recon sort of lets you do, but is far more rewarding when doing it.

The modern era Ghost Recons are incredibly frustrating, because Wildlands has the better map, but Breakpoint has the better gameplay (once they had removed the stupid mmo systems). Breakpoints map is absolutely stale and lifeless.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle just sounds like they gave up halfway through coming up with the title.

Sooo par for the course for Bethesda then?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hell yeah Star Truckers is great. Just chilling in my space truck making deliveries.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Playing Stalker GAMMA again and I've basically murdered off the whole repair nonsense that the game has in favour of nothing is broken except if you pick it up from zombies.

Always pissed me off that enemies you're facing have perfect, accurate weapons with infinite amount of ammo, but as soon as they die all their poo poo breaks.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Nix Panicus posted:

Yeah, staring at your games list for an hour unable to decide what, if anything, you want to play, then booting up something and listlessly clicking around for a bit before abruptly closing it without saving is a classic sign of brain troubles

Don't doxx me please. :(

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

£26 for Manor Lords. gently caress that.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

what price do you think it should be?

£12.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Yeah I want to like endless space 2, but it very much feels like the surface is extremely pretty, but the underlying mechanics are tedious and don't really work well. Which is pretty typical of all Amplitude games.

I far prefer playing Stellaris.

I kind of fancy playing a map game, but unsure which. EUIV seems pretty broken nowadays? Victoria doesn't let you paint the map.

Communist Bear has issued a correction as of 14:13 on Apr 28, 2024

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bro Dad posted:

kaiserreich has probably the best gameplay/map painting of any paradox game rn because they didn't make it

old world blues had the most fun story but i remember the actual gameplay being a lil unfinished

I struggle with hoi4 and it's strange supply stuff and building equipment. I might try it though.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

evilmiera posted:

I was getting woozy lately, just not feeling good at all, but only at certain times of day for whatever reason.

Turns out it was Fallout 76 doing it, something about the graphics settings just gave me massive vertigo like I hadn't had since I tried playing the original Doom when I was a kid.

I get that occasionally with some games (mostly FPS) and it's something to do with the refresh rate Vs head bop.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I bounced hard off Encased. It suffers badly from mile wide inch deep.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Steam reviewers can gently caress off though.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

i would simply lie and play the game. but im built different

Lie on the internet? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Also I liked Deathloop, sorry folks

I liked it too. More so than Dishonored.

quote:

I wish Manor Lords was a complete game, why do I touch this early access stuff??

I refunded it. Seemed fun, I'll come back when it's done.