Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
*cough*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Rosalind posted:

The use of the word AIDS is straight up wrong though. AIDS is clinically defined as a stage of HIV infection. You cannot have AIDS without having HIV. I don't know enough about whatever the paper is doing but they should not be using the term AIDS.

like, if virus A will cause an immunodeficiency syndrome and a new virus B will cause an immunodeficiency syndrome that is very similar to virus A, yet not defined, why not describe it with a common vernacular if the immunodeficiency syndrome are similar so as to signify the significance of the new immunodeficiency syndrome that is emerging? easy messaging for a laymen to understand the threat? seems reasonable

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

It's because AIDS is the term we primarily use for the terminal stage of HIV, a much different disease

Using the term when it is mainly understood to be in relation to HIV is misleading

what about arthritis, it describes an end stage that could have been caused by several different things. Is it misleading to say "X could cause arthritis"

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
fine, lets call it fake aids, fAIDS

"going to the Applebees, gonna get fAIDed", etc

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
need to reup on the masks.

what's the current hotness for bulk aura 9210+?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Why Am I So Tired posted:

I think this is the best deal out there right now:

https://www.stauffersafety.com/Product/3m-9210-n95-mask-aura-particulate-respirator-713593

Free shipping if you order over $50 worth.

Thank you!!

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
yooo, what the go to for a hepa for small rooms?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Gunshow Poophole posted:

and every year, slightly fewer

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
shoot.

Close friend just went to hospital for adult onset stills disease (AOSD or ASD). His liver is dying. He's only 37 and has two kids in elementary school. He recently had a bought with covid when visiting a relative in the hospital. Given his kids in school and the way he lives life, I would guess he's had it more than once. I feel so heartbroken for the family right now.

Now, I have no idea if they are linked. Some cursory searches leads me to believe some people are researching the uptick of AOSD since covid.

sigh, world is a gently caress. who knows but man, it just feels so lame watching people get sick and wonder if it's a byproduct of our messed up approach to covid.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Jealous. My wife's dad has been sick for 3 weeks now and his wife for 4 with "not COVID" (they took one test 3 weeks ago, you see), they both rebounded and everything. My wife told her mom about it as a warning, and you'd think that would scare her, but yesterday she dropped her "I always wear a mask" charade or decided now was a good time to finally drop masking for some reason and FaceTime'd us maskless from a vet's waiting room and wouldn't put one on when we begged. I really wish people weren't like this!

hits home. sorry. that's so frustrating.

some of my family has been visiting sick friends in the hospital because of a new autoimmune disorder destroying there liver. I gave the fam a box of aurora & a box of vflex. declined, they live in a new paradigm. sigh.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Danforth posted:

A continuous cycle with friends and family:

1. You've got to live your life!

2. Wait where do I get those aura masks again?

3. Where do I get pax?

4. Have you heard of Long Covid?

5. Covids over and you've got to live your life!

throw in a step for knowing someone who got hospitalized/has obv lower quality of life in the 2-4 range

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

fosborb posted:

2 year old nephew is staying the night in the hospital with rsv, flu and covid (negative for strep!)

he of course most likely caught all that at last week's funeral for his cousin, who was an extremely immunocompromised 8 year old battling a lung infection and covid (caught most likely from his visiting grandparents!) overwhelmed his body within 2 days

been a long week

gently caress, hang in there. that's rough

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My surgery got postponed indefinitely so someone else could have an emergency transplant. Already been almost two weeks since I had the heart attack. Sigh

double gently caress, hang in there. what a lovely rollercoaster

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Survived surgery at least. it was triple bypass and I am currently heavily drugged. I am talking via avoice to text

:blessed:

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
sesame -> test to treat still the ticket for US goons?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
picked up my pax, thanks everyone!

I got this preemptively for the holidays. When I called cvs to see if they had it in stock, the person on the other side asked me if I had covid. I said, 'yeah' assuming they were checking to see if it was within the 5 days etc. nah. they snapped back, "I am sending you anywhere else, you cannot come here."

I went there anyway. The cvs is in a packed grocery. hundreds of people walking around coughing on each other. I show up, it was someone different than I talked with on the phone. I say who I was, the tech pulls a cloth mask out of their pocket and puts it on. that dude got me the gently caress out of there as fast as possible.

Man, I didn't want to stress people, but like I am not going to run all over town when I don't have it.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Pingui posted:

:confused:

3-for-2 appetizer's have been around for years.

cdc unveils federally subsidized 2-for-1 appetizer campaigned

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

icantfindaname posted:

I just tried to fill a test2treat pax script at Walmart pharmacy in wisconsin, and it is now $1500 and my insurance policy seems to be they will only fill once every 300 days

dang

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

silicone thrills posted:

I just keep it at 2 cups a day though and brew using a mokapot on the stove so I dont get tempted to make more than I can tolerate.

:hf:

I've been on the mokapot bandwagon the last couple of years for the same reason. I go Americana style with 2/5 coffee 2/5 hot water 1/5 half & half. they make real good coffee.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

The Oldest Man posted:

Speaking of DUIs, does anyone have a link handy to that post that did the math on fatality and head injury rates for drunk driving per mile driven compared to COVID infections? I forgot to bookmark it and it's a really handy yardstick.

I don't but would also like that

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

durrneez posted:

i had someone ask me if im worried about covid

what the gently caress

I've had this twice recently, but it seemed honest to god earnest. The conversation went into how everyone they know keeps getting sick and some have lingering stuff.

I've also had a couple of people do the passive aggressive dry fake cough at me as soon as they pass on the street.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
posting some primo early covid art

https://youtu.be/c2lUhNmdXkE?si=I0jYj_Qyo3FsDhY1

my president is trump and my lambo’s blue this 350 thousand dollar sonic is too

no lube so what has issued a correction as of 14:25 on Mar 5, 2024

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Fireside Nut posted:

Ugh. Wife got got. I’ve seen ppl recommending test2treat in here recently? is that the current recommendation or are places like HiDrB still going?

Thanks!

t2t was painlessly easy at the end of Dec

got a couple sets for the fam

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Steely Dad posted:

gently caress everything I’m just so angry about this all the time

:smith: :hf: :smith:

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

maxwellhill posted:

re: the n95s i just find non-disposable protection so much easier day-to-day and failure-proof

yeah. they just get less flack and I like them for that. but yeah, non disposable is better

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

maxwellhill posted:

a speedrunner i stream has been sick with likely COVID all week. vinny also just came back with the PAX pox. everyone just went to PAX. reports of tons of open mouth coughing there. here we go

I still don't get gdq loosening the mask regs, I did think those nerds who obsess over long odds would not have folded. but steaming has the vanity piece, so it was always going to happen.. sigh

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
bil got hlh (autoimmune thing) a few months after covid infection (# unknown). almost died. by some grace it went into remission. then he got some blood clots and had to go to the er. then he got diagnosed with early onset stills (another but similar autoimmune thing) then his hlh came out of remission and he had another stint in the hospital. he’s 38.

world is a gently caress, trust your respirator

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Strep Vote posted:

... good luck to him and your family. 😬

thanks, his kids deserve better than what society gave them. My sister is strong but this is tearing her up.

they went hard open Biden, but I don't blame them. They are non goon and being the weirdo was never going to be in their cards/makeup.

it's just another anecdote in a sea of stupidity sad anecdotes

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Steely Dad posted:

Whether it's sharing my kids with households that are completely unmasked, being gaslit by those in power about how everything's okay, or now loving avian flu potentially seeping in through our food, I'm starting to feel like the new normal is actually maybe the new not great

weed has never been cheaper

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

tuyop posted:

I’m going to enjoy the whiplash of people who are willing to isolate and wear a mask - taking very aggressive adaptations to an airborne hazard, but won’t cut dairy, eggs and meat to avoid a food-borne hazard.

this seems like a much less strenuous thing to me but what do I know.

real talk, can I just cook my eggs super well done? dairy and meat I can do. eggs. thats tough.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Steely Dad posted:

Weed just makes all my repressed trauma bubble up. I’ve had to raw dog the last five or so years of reality

ignore my joke, you are made of steel. sorry about the world.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yah just cook em until the yolks and whites are both firm

a nice scramble is fine. don't even need to make it crispy although you should because the browned bits are the tasty ones

hell yeah

what about cheese? sorry if this is ignoramus 101 stuff

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

NeonPunk posted:

Best part is that it gained that mutation in the guy, the viruses they detected in the cattle didn't had it

:rznv:

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

Issue with cheese is all the microplastics

yawn, I come from a family of nylon

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yeah got some bad news about chicken poo poo being used as fertilizer too

it's a great fertilizer

it's used a lot

drat. should check to see if there are manufacture dates on the tomato tone I just got.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Crazypoops posted:

Lmao I just remembered the guys who bought all the hand sanitizer and whatever to mark up 1000% only to have the supply immediately filled

and a couple got popped for price gouging lol

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
bil back on the chemo. waiting for bone marrow donor. everyone still going to restaurants. I just don’t get it

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

NeonPunk posted:

But it's kinda pretty concerning that the different variants are starting to pick up the same common mutations:whitewater:

as an idiot, can I ask why?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
thank you all for the education.

here is some young dolf for your listing pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK9Ewt6ELkc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My boss asked me to go out to lunch with him and it really wasn't optional. So wish me luck (we did pick an outdoor uncrowded place)

consider a bisque if they got it