Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
what’s the current PCR test time frame after exposure? CDC still saying 5 day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

lol like this thread has the juice to make a dent in pax hoarding.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

calling up my concierge doc to get whatever I want and using my class position to hoover up resources which is acceptable.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

lmao and I have to travel with my leadership in a couple weeks. I’m going to be 95% enovid after the trip is done.

re:sprays, my family took a trip recently on a plane and we all masked, kid had sip valve. hung out with open Biden types for a whole week. we just stayed at one of their houses the whole time and had people in and out so plenty of opportunities to share air with people. I was on enovid, spouse on flo, kid on Xlear , and it’s been over a week and so far so good.

not saying it’s a total replacement but a good supplementary tool

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Normies at work are expressing concern about the wave that is happening slash upcoming. These are individuals who I can't recall ever being openly worried before. I think it's dawning on a lot of people now that this is the rest of our lives, barring a pharmaceutical miracle.

had a going away party for moving and talked to someone who was like”so you came to that too?” about how the promise of mRNA vaccines ended up being not as promised. he commented to me saying”I did everything the govt asked and nothing has changed”

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

friend parents go to dinner party, all test positive for covid oops..

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

the covid response does have a bit of Steiner math flavor to it.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Pingui posted:

Yeah, it is pretty dire. The UK has been closing the gap by hiring HCW's in former colonies, which in turn have their healthcare systems going from poor to non-existent. It helps the UK (and other industrialized countries that are doing the same) pave over the problems in the short term, but it is neither ethical, nor sustainable.

Edit to add a news report about the brain drain. This is the description:
"Nigeria's doctors are heading abroad in huge numbers. In 2021, the World Health Organization reported Nigeria had just 4 doctors for every 10,000 people - an already dire situation. But since then, things have worsened rapidly. The Nigerian Medical Association says there's now only 1 doctor per 10,000 people. And that's left hospitals desperately short of staff."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvu01OGv-Y

That's 3/4 of the country's doctors leaving in 2 years...

that is quite devastating for a country of Nigeria’s size. many people don’t realize Nigeria has more people than Brazil.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Death of Innocence posted:

What are you guys doing for haircuts? Do you just hold the mask in place when you take the straps off?

I wear an ear loop kf94 and if sideburns need to be trimmed I just hold the side and take off the loop. haircuts have been pretty straight forward.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

was at DTW and feel like I am seeing less masks than 3 weeks ago.

on a business trip so I will be about 50% nitric oxide by the end of this thing.

a flight attendant is masked which is a first for me since I’ve flown a number of times since 2021.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

sorry about your sick flight attendant

you’re probably right…I keep on forgetting that.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

my kid sees the dr on Friday I’d love to have a shot available by then…

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

just fyi, cvs is showing earlier appts now depending on location. last night was Monday and now I’m seeing Saturday.

however I am not able to schedule for my 6yr old and the pediatrician advised they don’t have them yet…

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

anybody having issues with cvs/Walgreens not allowing kids to have appointments when trying to book online?

edit: nevermind. they are just not in stock.

sonatinas has issued a correction as of 00:16 on Sep 14, 2023

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Baddog posted:

CVS not allowing me to schedule for my kid. Called the local and they said it was for 12+. uhh..... dude I'm pretty sure it was authorized for 6 months+

"well, we'll know more when we actually get it in".

Same answer for asking what the difference in dosage is between pediatric and adult-sized. (I guess because they are operating under the assumption there is no pediatric dosage, heh).

yeah all the Walgreens and CVS around me don’t have the peds dose and my kids dr doesn’t either and I’m in metro Detroit. real cool!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

can anybody get under 12 vax? I’m typing major cities in CVS to see any appts and I’m getting nada. maybe my kids pediatrician will surprise us today during visit…

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

lol some bullshit, the pediatrician doesn’t have the shots. kids getting the shaft for the single digit of us that want our kids vaxed.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Oracle posted:

Yeah Epothex is the only one sold in the US, I got Betadine from Canada.
XClear has xylitol and a kids version and xylitol has shown to be roughly equivalent to iota carrageenan (70% reduction vs 80%) and it’s cheaper to boot and available in the US fairly widely (saw it in a local Walgreens and was surprised).

I’ve been using kids Xlear for quite a while now and it’s easy enough for my kid to use it herself . it lasts a very long time if there like 2x sprays a day.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

kreeningsons posted:

Did Enovid end up being legit?

I got a bottle of that stuff when it came out but at the time was told by this thread that it was snake oil.

it is for me. I’ve been in a lot of risky environments for work functions, traveling with higher ups, conferences, etc. and I was maxing enovid whole time and I’ve been covid free.

ever since that study about mouthwash came out I’ll gargle some CPC mouthwash as well on my work trips.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Rescue Toaster posted:

Looking forward to having to drag my corpse into a crowded CVS to get coughed on by a dozen sick kids in order to get a vaccine.

kids will barely get the shot. boosters are like single digit% for that cohort.

by the time you get to CVS aint nobody going to be near the shot place other than unmasked pharmacy employees.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

maybe by end of week I can schedule a kid shot. hopefully the vax logistics plan has that in mind.(lol what plan)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Fireside Nut posted:

lmao between this poo poo and seemingly non-existent pediatric vaccines it's pretty incredible

a few of my friends are getting appt cancelled as well and the 2 of us that need our kids to have the shot are just out of luck.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

fyi kid doses might be coming in. I checked in my city and one CVS is showing PM appts so I booked one for Friday.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

my 6-7yr old got her shot at cvs , would be nice if others got it, gonna guess under 12 % gonna be less than 5%

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Fireside Nut posted:

mine too! :hfive:

edit: thanks again for the tip about CVS

you’re welcome! another parent I know is getting their kid a shot tomorrow, there dozens of us!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

so my step dad is getting ivig treatment for his CIPD that his physicians think are caused by the vaccines however I’d argue that there has at least been one infection that may have contributed . any literature on CIPD and vaccines? he could have been unlucky like people who get gullian barre from a vaccine.

however, when searching online looks like an infection is more likely than a vaccine.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Do you mean CIDP because it's almost certainly any of a host of other things.

Just like gbs it theoretically could be causal but the documented number of cases that can be adequately differentiated is in like the single digits.

Ianad but my best friend is a neurologist. Actually now I think about it he's been doing a lot of cidp work I can ask

yeah that’s what I mean. if he wasn’t able to get the ivig treatment I don’t know what he would have done. I still think it’s from at least one infection but could be bad luck…

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

so since this is really private now and from the questionnaire it looks like in 2 months I can just pay for another booster?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

begotten 2 definitely topical

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

my spouse’s boss who exclaimed covid is over has now had it 2x in 2 months along with their whole family. couldn’t go to sleep due to severe coughing.

went to a cookout on Sunday and few people did not show up due to covid infections.

it’s just the flu!….that I get at least 2x a year

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Oh no! The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention accidentally published the chart for bats and their S‑rank immune systems!

Here’s one that’s more appropriate for B‑rank human systems:

so I can stack my mRNA with novavax? looks like it unless I’m not understanding something.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

ah I see thanks people for clearing it up. maybe in 2 months the I’ll novavax it up however good luck on finding anything.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

someone is m my office was trying to tell people vitamin c is the key and lmao

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2023-10-25/statin-could-fight-severe-covid-but-vitamin-c-does-not-study

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

kid had a super faint antigen line, could see it with magnifier so tried to schedule PCR for myself(negative antigen but under weather) and my kid at Walgreens.

after scheduling it and arriving they told me they don’t do it anymore and should go to urgent care down the street.

so thankfully the urgent care place said they do PCRs and now in waiting room. however I have a strong feeling they gonna say oh it’s antigen because people don’t loving know anything… we will see.

we got the tools

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

sonatinas posted:

however I have a strong feeling they gonna say oh it’s antigen because people don’t loving know anything… we will see.

we got the tools

lol I was right. they only have antigen and PCR is $3k.

of course the front desk people know jack poo poo

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Pingui posted:

lmao at this, fingers crossed it was a false positive.

me too. ain’t paying 3k.

what a world

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

$3k per PCR is "buy your own equipment and reagents and run the tests yourself" territory.

Or just get a fuckton of Cue tests I guess.

so I asked the nurse who came in after the tech told me 3k and she said it’s actually around $100 if insurance denies it so I said yes and fingers crossed.

cool health care system here to just be completely confusing

at least the nurse was in an enviromask

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

icantfindaname posted:

Jesus, what country is this?

USA but then another person came
after and told me that they can do a PCR and if insurance doesn’t cover it then it’s around $100

I’m rolling the dice here lol

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Pingui posted:

lmao at this, fingers crossed it was a false positive.

well both our PCR was negative. fingers crossed the nurse ‘s quote is right at $100 per if insurance denies it vs the tech telling us 3k

guessing I got the rare false positive antigen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

SixteenShells posted:

i pop over to the AM bands to check on the right wing stations now and then and yeah they're still tilting at the covid vaccines even though the vast majority of people are avoiding them now. they won this fight pretty thoroughly, but that's still not enough I guess.

it’s going to be like that for decades, look at other grievances