Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

fosborb posted:

post it?

:lsd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
those filthy buggers, they go from concert venue to concert venue

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Petey posted:

my blood pressure has been pretty consistently high for a few months now, 130+ SBP in medical settings, so my cardiologist had me get a home monitor to do daily tests for a few weeks, using the "five minutes of quiet and rest before a test" protocol.

the first few times it was 140+ SBP over 80-85 DBP, which is pretty high. then i started drinking 6-8oz of beet juice in the morning and it's gone down to 120- SBP over ~80-82 DBP.

it's hard to control for everything of course — food, exercise, rest, time of day, and so on. i'm sure there are many factors. i'll probably try cycling back off it and see what happens. just figured i would mention it on the endothelial health front.

beets are very good for you! thats why everyone knows the various russian peoples, prodigious consumers of the beet, typically live such long and healthy lives

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
did the bunny survive!?!? ive been left hanging over here

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Vishass posted:

I'd only heard of it from a castle tour in europe. The duke who lived there hosed off to the crusades, historians suspect tularemia went around the camp, and he was one of the people who died from it

shouldn't have made out with that bunny when he was away from his wife

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
:eyepop:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

speng31b posted:

A little bit of googling shows that Hayley doesn't claim to have COVID. There are some conspiracies floating around that she has to lie about it for insurance reasons but seems like speculation or random Internet BS.

lol what

is there another covid now? many such non covid cases (apparently)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i certainly remember the numerous touring musicians canceling shows and being unreliable before 2020 too

it was mostly heroin tho afaict

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

anime was right posted:

I need to go to a dermatologist, first appointment I could get was 6 months from when I asked. Now when I can finally get in covids bigger and better than ever. Rip

dont worry this is the one you want to get, this is the good covid

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Rosalind posted:

As someone who was working in an academic setting and had some very wrong ideas at the start of the pandemic, it was very difficult to know who exactly to trust. Many epidemiologists I respected said some very bad and wrong things (and some were even intentionally downplaying the pandemic for political reasons a la Ioannidis).
:words:
Let me tell you my views did not endear me to the administration of my school and I still have a reputation as a troublemaker. One of the vice deans, having had a glass of wine or two at a campus picnic last summer, told me that the Dean had sent emails before that just had my name as the subject line. She would not tell me what those emails contained.
:words:
this is also in a related field, right?

lol, lmao

i knew things were hosed when my former employer cockblocked environmental health and safety (the people already in charge of keeping the facilities safe using things like ppe and environmental controls in the face of nominally dangerous activities) from drafting a response in lieu of the executive assistants, who could be trusted to Do It Right and get us back to work, but Safely.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Poppers posted:

Is Trash Can Denter what this thread calls Bob Watcher now lol?

modmins plz rename me 'TRASH CANS CURE MENTAL GYMNASTS' tia

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Glad to see that budget tayne has made this thread about himself and ... food prep?

lol ya

in other news i went to check out what wachter's profession before becoming dept head was and wouldn't ya know it, he's a polisci guy

100% explains his rules-lawyering, im surprised i never noticed it before. hes not wrong - that IS what happens when a poli sci major becomes an academic physician :eyepop:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I get that this it's a weird juxtaposition but I take care of someone with coeliac, we have to hide bread from this person and getting her needs accommodated by restaurants is impossible, I hate this style of thinking because it makes unflattering assumptions about people faking their disability when the actual answer is that they are often just making a (stupid, wrong) decision about their health. The end result is that accommodations get harder to seek all the time as the sentiment becomes more commonplace.

its not a problem if you just wear a mask and don't take it off duh

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

The catholic hospital I work at ran out of nuns :(

u need to get thee to a nunnery and pick up some more

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
look, neither you nor i are qualified to criticize the Western Atlantic University School of Medicine. we're just gonna have to settle for it being legit i guess, i mean look it has 'univiersity school of medicine' right in the name, certainly it must be good right? i definitely don't want to engage in any conspiracy theory or independent thinking, that would be unseemly

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bastard Tetris posted:

I’ve made literal millions of dollars combating a global pandemic and my team’s prevented hundreds of thousands of deaths if not millions
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

maybe if your poo poo still worked you could make a few million more

edit: dollars, not deaths

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
another situation where we clearly have the tools!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
vox slapped our favorite moneybags with another 6er, and i can't stop laughing at the reason

quote:

Either bragging about pandemic profiteering or LARPING as a pandemic profiteer, both of which suck.

im happy to see itt mods agree with me - people making pharmaceuticals to combat the pandemic are clearly pandemic profiteers and should be punished. vaccine manufacturers? probatation! mabs designers? you better believe that's a probation. ppe factory worker? 6er, coming up!!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

fosborb posted:

this got reported as being anti vaxx

just to be clear to lurkers, Bastard Tetris specifically worked on bamlanivimab, which hasn't worked since omicron and is no longer authorized to be used anywhere in the US

gently caress yes, i love it.

i was being sarcastic anyways, seems like he was doing good work. couldn't outrun the suck and gently caress

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bastard Tetris posted:

idk man I just went hard on the ignore list and laughed at some fuckin losers crying in SAD, I’ve made literal millions of dollars combating a global pandemic and my team’s prevented hundreds of thousands of deaths if not millions

I’m happy to provide advice for people to protect themselves and their loved ones, this virus is no joke and it’s going to be a mass disabling event, but forum wars on some web 1.5 website are some of the least relevant poo poo ever

Asproigerosis posted:

I don't think I ever saw that bamlbamabaln used in my hospital it's always been remdesivir

anyways, you should know that he was being facetious. there is no way bamlanivimab prevented 'hundreds of thousands of deaths'

chris christie counts as like, three people tops. you can't round up from there to 'millions' for fucks sake

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

bedpan posted:

for every dog you don't kill, I kill three

because I am a cop and between shooting dogs and forgetting my k9 partner in the squad car on a hot day I really go through those hekkin puppers

thank u for ur service sir o7

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

fosborb posted:

Ram Jam, it turns out

(I had no idea there was a band named Ram Jam, wth)

...ram jam?

ram jam
news to me too lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Phigs posted:

Actually not sure if he literally pipebombed a cow, that could be goon telephone, but the below goon was talking about it and some people were even egging him on. I read a bit of it but it was pretty crazy and he was talking in code and... yeah its weird so I checked out.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=189869

i hadn't seen that one play out, thats a hell of a last post. it deserves an answer:

thats the neat part, you don't

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Chad Sexington posted:

I don't know who ratted, but I got an email from HR "confirming" my hybrid modality.

to which I replied: "whaaaaaaaaaaat? I had no ideaaaaaaaaa"

are you useful? email them back and tell them 'no', hiring your replacement is way more of a pain than fixing the accommodation

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
if you've got that tom smykowski vibe tho, you better practice sharing that smile :gbsmith:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

hailthefish posted:

now that no one is testing and no one is sequencing we're all finally safe from cryptic lineage omicron events, we'll just mysteriously have the summer flu every so often until we're rendered bedbound, mentally incapable, or our hearts explode

thats a bummer of a thought. i think im going to go down to the local applebees for some cross class encounters (:biglips:) to cheer me up. later cavers

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tzen posted:

this was how he handled early 2020,

he has the tools :allears:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bastard Tetris posted:

Idk if I’m supposed to be insulted that Bebtelovimab is a negative control in that figure

lol, lmao

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

sonatinas posted:

was at DTW and feel like I am seeing less masks than 3 weeks ago.

on a business trip so I will be about 50% nitric oxide by the end of this thing.

a flight attendant is masked which is a first for me since I’ve flown a number of times since 2021.

sorry about your sick flight attendant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
this isn't misinformation because its convenient. in fact, we should quote this nonsense article in real deal science moving forward
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/outdoor-transmission-accounts-for-0-1-of-state-s-covid-19-cases-1.4529036

this, however, would be very inconvenient and as such, should be punished as disinformation

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Did you guys know you can get covid outdoors?????