Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

NeonPunk posted:

Isn't the entire place all flooded and muddy because of Hilary?

Dang she will stop at nothing to gently caress with goonfleet members.

Stereotype posted:

the real answer is zero blowjobs and around a thousand dollars for plane and event tickets, and food

Zero blowjobs yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Stereotype posted:

the climatologist camp did a talk about how they used the measurements of black rock city to determine some measurement of ground caused object turbidity that is important for doing meteorology models. it’s useful because brc has a lot of similar characteristics to a refugee camp.

In what way do you consider it to be similar to a refugee camp?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

how has the burning man NGO's mission to "make Burning Man experiences and values accessible to more people, in more places, more of the time." been going

They have one here in NZ, Kiwiburn. Looking it up it costs a more reasonable $150 USD.

War and Pieces posted:

if you have enough PTO and cash to go on a week long vacation you're rich

While I do consider my ten grand or so a year to be rich, I'm not sure you do.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the similarities of burning man to a refugee camp are increasing at an alarming rate

Pretty sure refugees would not be phased by 1" of rain. We've done parties over a weekend where a couple of feet fell and it was no big deal.
Also

How it started:

Utz posted:

i know, right?

whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger and we'll always be happier and smarter and more successful than these dumbass rubes who don't know how to have fun

where are you located? i'll have d run me over to say hi if it's not too far away

Two minutes later:

Lacrosse posted:

I'm having a good time hanging out with my camp. Everything is fine with us, but there was someone in a neighboring camp who got electrocuted and died trying to operate a generator sitting in a puddle.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That mud looks like you can drive through it in a corolla.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Al! posted:

is there some meme im missing?? are deaths at burning man just part of that playa life???

Last year one dude died of natural causes, Judge John Everett Williams, aged 69.

lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

lol... bit of an overreaction. that's clearly someone chillin and not a corpse. couldn't even be placed in that peaceful repose because there's big ripple in the water

i mean im glad utz wont be posting for a while because they're a freak for many other reasons but lmao... that's clearly just someone lyin in the mud. there's a ripple!

the ripple could be from the death fart. you don't know

Weka
May 5, 2019

Stereotype posted:

amazing art

a dingus posted:

They just want to regurgitate hackneyed uninformed opinions for internet high fives from other weirdos. Although I am not at the burn this year I've heard from ranger friends who share your opinion on how things are going. Thankfully anyone who is interested and wants to can eventually go to burning man for a week, enjoy themselves and actually find out what the event is about.

I don't believe it is practical for me to ever attend burning man. The travel costs alone are prohibitive.

theflyingexecutive posted:

the official line is that people shouldn't try driving out because it's very easy to get stuck in mud pits and gently caress yourself when medevacs aren't possible. the cops don't give a gently caress about that

lmao at cspammers losing their poo poo over a festival that actually tries to be ancom when literally every other music festival in the country is a for profit cash grab with gated experiences baked in

Burning man has a similar budget to the island country of Tuvalu, home to 12,000 people.
Frankly, I'd rather go to the gathering of the juggalos. I'm sure it hews truer to ancom ideals if that's your thing. It's not mine though, I'm not a fan of ideologies promoted by the FBI.

Weka
May 5, 2019

thetan_guy42 posted:

A local burn could be fun but on second thought probably infested with grimes-esque ppl

just go to a regular outdoor party that's not affiliated with these freaks

Weka
May 5, 2019

Platystemon posted:

Hit Utz for being gross, sure, but a golden retriever could have gotten to the bottom of this “mystery”.

Weka
May 5, 2019

my camp got an official reprimand for leaving behind three pistachio shells and a couple stands of plastic fiber (from a tarp that had shredded)

someone please find me a cleaner gathering of 80,000 people, because most of them look like this

That's in the middle of a city. You're in a fragile ecosystem. I bet it didn't take them a month to clean that up either.

Weka
May 5, 2019

im permabanned poster statestomper58. i first started attending burning man when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "anarchy" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "mutual aids" and "i love making GBS threads inside portaloos anarcho communistically" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "anarchist" style of burning man partying was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" burning man to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Bar Ran Dun posted:

if there isn’t an independent third party review the engineering packet is just whatever the artist wants it be.

it’s very much like the sub guy making GBS threads on class societies.

dang I thought you meant class societies politically for a second, had to look it up. I like the shipping posts but please don't trick me.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also the links between the government and art in the 20th century definitely existed, the part that annoyed me mostly happened on dumb websites where instead of using this information to look at art critically, it was instead used for blanket dismissal of entire genres of art and music, which is boring

getting really into art sponsored by the nazis for it's merits divorced from politics.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I used to do occasional work for a company that makes giant art installations for festivals and safety simply wasn't on their radar

Is this the source of your username?

gotta lot of work to do striking but if you're interested at all in bm, come out. I'm happy to give an insider's perspective on what happens here. very very little of the bureaucracy and public works are publicly accessible information, like the fact that there's a decent hospital with medical imaging and MDs on site.

the media only reports on "dirty hippies rained out" and Twitter boosts awful techbro shitlords or influencers with Starlinks. I'm in a weird position where I have internet access from the org and can give a perspective that's none of the above. for all the social media panic that people were trapped here and desperate to get out of a himanitarian emergency, only 15% of people actually left yesterday when the gates opened because of how well-provisioned everyone is

Buddy we saw the income data. The majority of this party needs to be sent down to the country at minimum.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Weka
May 5, 2019

Virtual Russian posted:

Long story short, art is so much more than what you were taught good art is.

I like Garfield op.

ram dass in hell posted:

lmao@ no compassion for their fellow man
tfw u pack enough molly for 4 days and end up there for 6

When an American sheriff thinks you have no compassion

Weka
May 5, 2019

BONGHITZ posted:

are people still trapped there?

no it's the rest of us who are trapped in society's prison man

Weka
May 5, 2019

looks like we found the new cspam background

Weka
May 5, 2019

Stereotype posted:

back to civilization! I had a lot of fun. stayed to see the man burn and could see temple burning from the exodus line. seems like everyone posting in this thread is gullible and stupid, not a big surprise really. I’ll probably go again next year

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

they're right. you could do yourself an injury laughing at something this funny.