Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

GE, followed by King Keith with Austerity 2.0 :toot:

This. They want to lose now. There's nothing more they can do to loot and pillage and the full effects of their own disasters are about to cave in on their heads. The longer we go, the closer we get to those polls showing the SNP as His Majesty's Loyal Opposition. It's more important to get Labour in to fail to deal with the aftermath and be discredited themselves in turn, so some of them at least might be able to cling on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

domhal posted:

Struggling to imagine what would discredit them with those who haven't already discredited (?) them, though.

Visible inconvenience and suffering. One example will be the new regulations coming in on 1st January where UK citizens will need a visa to travel to Europe. The Costa del Jamon crowd are already getting angry about not being able to stay more than 90 days in their summer homes; I'm getting the feeling that the Tories would like to not appear responsible for them needing to ask permission just to go there.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

ro5s posted:

“I'll continue to fight for a Labour Goverment, to change this country for the better.”

:thunk:

The comma seems superfluous.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

fuctifino posted:

The way they all applaud Keith at the end... lol. It's a loving cult

One autocorrect and suddenly you're assuming Starmer's pronouns.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1699326064831451603

lmao

It's incredible that they can't commit to not crushing children

From Kid Starver to Kid Killer. The former Director of Paedophile Protection hard at work.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

If the Tories had any balls (or bothered learning anything from their Russian paymasters) they'd just have the wings of Farage's plane fall off mid flight the moment he got too uppity.

Their Russian paymasters were literally paying them (and Farage) to bring about what the frog face Nazi oval office was being uppity for.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Don’t image leech, link to the coldwarsteve tweet like a normal person.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

They're antivaxxers, aren't they?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The majority of Scots support the union. There's some pretty well established recent and generational proof of this.

In the same way that the majority of English people support Brexit. Which, by the by, was a bit of a mind-changer for a lot of Scots after they were told that voting to leave the UK meant voting to leave the EU.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Complete change of topic but what's the parents actual excuse for Sara Sharif's death?

They don't have one. The stepmother only refers to her death as "an incident" and the father isn't saying anything at all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We need to reclaim pink, it being a girls colour in the west is so weird.

Your grandfather or great-grandfather probably wore pink as a child. It was a boy's colour right up to the 1940s.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I'm Indian, I don't need to look into the past for that, I have my own masculine pink clothes right now. I love my pink polo shirt.

Sorry if I wasn't being clear. I was talking about the West. Pink was for boys here too until about 80 years ago when marketers decided that it was a girl's colour.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

WhatEvil posted:

I mean, Linehan IS a good writer. Father Ted, IT Crowd and Black Books were all good, funny series.

Which, as noted previously, were written by other people. Linehan's book in one sentence: "I built my career in comedy by hanging on the coattails of more talented writers, and lost it by being a heinous bigot that they didn't want to associate with any more".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Best thing would be Tories taking such a drubbing that Labour get SNP as official opposition.

If that happens then anyone who is still even vaguely left wing in the PLP will be kicked out of the party. At that point Britain is finished.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

josh04 posted:

Think this one might be a parody, folks.

Nazis always are, Nazis never are.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

smellmycheese posted:

3 branded items. So - top, bottom and blazer. So the whole uniform.

Uniform usually includes sports kit and the school tie. But yes, this is just absolute useless bollocks from the Unforgivable oval office Party.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Nah I like the idea of uniforms. Takes away one aspect of peer pressure as a kid, they have enough of them, they don't need more.

That's patently not what happens, though? You let kids dress how they want, the poor kid gets mocked for not being able to afford nice clothes. You make everyone wear uniform to take that away, and you get this story where the poor kid is being mocked for not being able to afford the official uniform.

The issue is not what the kids have on their backs. Kids are little shits, there will always be peer pressure. The real issue is one of inequality of social status and wealth.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Someone volunteering for a hard drive check and a "where were you on the night of", and one hero's response.

https://twitter.com/Ossian414/status/1702964025791758513?s=20

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Brand's close friend Jonathan Ross also started dating Jane Goldman when she was 16 and he was in his late 20s.

Ross is poo poo, but he married Jane Goldman and they're still together 35 years later so that's one thing I'm not going to criticise him for.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

smellmycheese posted:

Just the absolute finest people coming out to defend the celebrity Nonce

https://twitter.com/lord_sugar/status/1703383472079802558?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

It's one of those "worst person you know" moments, but Morgan is in the right here. oval office though he is, Brand has got the right to due process and he shouldn't be tried in the court of public opinion - especially if it might let him get away with it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah neither Jimmy Saville nor Greville Janner were found guilty beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law, but you'd be under no obligation to let either babysit your kids.

Pretty much. These women say Brand is a rapist and I believe them. But I want it properly proven, if possible, so he can be nailed to the wall. And if he's guilty but the courts fail to prosecute him I want that to be on them, I don't want them to have any excuse for protecting him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

I fully expected the letter to end in her leaving the party, any particular reason why she hasn't?

Grim stuff, though - a deeply compromised and useless racist party, by nonces, for cunts

She's going to force them to kick her out. Which is the right thing to do, as then they'll have to explain why and also why they didn't give her a hearing. Most people won't notice, but enough will. And the gauntlet has been officially thrown down by her pointing out that they're openly siding with a convicted paedophile and against her.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Honestly, Starmer is promising even less than Blair.

Starmer and his faction are the political equivalent of cordyceps. A fungus that has taken over the mind of the workers and is now driving the body as high as it can go so it can commit suicide and reproduce itself.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I think they're trying to defuse the report yesterday that said you could staff an entire regional police force using only Met officers who were suspended or put on restricted duties.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

That's the one.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/waitmanb/status/1704175540406460498

That's quite a defence. The Daily Mail is trying to get the people identified, which is lol

Don't tell him, Reich!

Christ, coming out with "we were actually cosplaying as members of SS Nordland"?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Microplastics posted:

Bullet Killed Man After Suddenly Departing From Vicinity Of Police Officer

"Violent metal criminal slays man while fleeing from police".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Honestly if anyone has the right to be called Queen it's her and not Charles lovely mistress.

Camilla is who Charles wanted to marry in the first place. They'd been romantically involved in the early 70s during one of the several hiatuses in her relationship with Andrew Parker-Bowles - they actually met because Parker-Bowles started dating Princess Anne, which should give you some idea how incestuous the noble class is - but then he got deployed overseas and she broke it off to marry her ex. It's part of why Tom Parker-Bowles is such a prick; he knows he fell one step short of being a prince.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Diana is the only royal I've ever thought isn't an irredeemable oval office.

Diana was the worst oval office of the lot of them. A scheming, backbiting bitch who positioned herself to nab a prince then hosed anything in trousers because he had the bad taste to remain in love with the woman he actually wanted to marry. That was the galling bit for her, I think; she didn't really care if Charles loved her as long as she got to be a princess, but damned if he was going to love anyone else. But she played the media like a fiddle to paint herself as a martyr; then she got killed while being chased by the paps whose attention she'd courted relentlessly - not some conspiracy set up by Brenda, come the gently caress on people - and she became an untouchable saint. I'm shocked and surprised to see anyone here falling for it, though. I'd thought we had a higher level of media awareness in the UKMT.

That said, Kate Middleton might be worse just because she was totally open about what she was doing and unlike her late mother-in-law, doesn't appear to have any limits to what she'll tolerate to be a royal. Bad as Diana was, Charles was wrong to have an affair with Camilla - she was married when it started even if he wasn't - and Diana was at least willing to give up the palaces and position over it, even if she did manage to style herself as "the People's Princess". Kate's also racist as gently caress. Diana probably was too, but again she kept it quiet.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

other than her loving charlie around what are some examples here

I could go into detail, but to boil it down: the royals are what they are. They're born to it, raised to it. You think they're cunts, that's fine. But around them there is a second layer of "nobility" who jockey for position and aspire to take that step up whenever there's an available heir, selling off their daughters for a little prestige. That second layer are far worse than the royals themselves because they want to be cunts and they actively try to become cunts.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

kecske posted:

the philosophers stone is some mythical ancient world doodad that turns metal into gold or something

Yes. The philosopher's stone, which allowed the transmutation of base metals into gold, was one of the three pillars of traditional alchemy. The others were the panacea - a medicine that would cure all diseases - and an elixir that granted immortality. It's often analogised to becoming a perfect person in religion: the philosopher's stone symbolised turning your base spiritual self into incorruptible gold through pure thought and faith; the panacea represented physical purity, avoiding illness through maintaining good health and not practicing venery; and the elixir was the combination of the two, being the life eternal granted to the faithful through the grace of God.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah. Must of been tough, stuck in one of her several palaces.

Lockdown might have been easier on Her Maj, but losing a loved one is the same for everyone, rich or poor.

I can tell you something now that I was legally bound not to say at the time: recruitment for Operation Unicorn, the plan for handling the Queen's death should it occur at her Scottish estate, was put in motion immediately after Philip's funeral. Nobody thought she'd last forever, but he was her rock and when he died it was anticipated that she wouldn't survive him more than a few months.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

frytechnician posted:

As the old joke goes, "How do you know if someone likes coke? Don't worry, they'll loving tell you"

I've only heard that as "How do you know that someone isn't a vegan? They haven't told you yet".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Part of the reason the cocaine price has dropped is also that supply from Colombia has increased, due to the peace deal with FARC making it easier to grow with less violence. Does that make it guilt-free? No, but if your looking into oppression of local farmers, neither are bananas.

According to Stephen King, who knows a great deal about Bolivian bingo dust and isn't ashamed to admit it, high quality cocaine smells like bananas. It's probably better to stick up your nose, as well.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rugz posted:

What you are giving them is inherently being taken from another entity. Be that the state or another individual. If someone demands empowerment they are demanding the transfer of a thing from some other to themselves. All rights already exist, empowerment is just the transfer of ownership of those rights.

Zero sum fallacy is what cunts believe. It is possible for someone to receive something without it first being taken away from someone else.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Skulker posted:

My mum is unionising her workplace because she's sick of "management that does gently caress all but bully the people who actually work", volunteers in a homeless hostel and every week gives £100 of food to a food bank and yet will argue to her last breath that she's a true blue Tory.

100 years ago that was true blue Tory.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

DreddyMatt posted:

So then, is it just the amount of property you own?
You can be working class with a mortgage, but if your get a BTL you're middle class?

Put in simplest terms in this context: if you own your home you're working class. If you own someone else's home, you're capital class.

The middle class is for the most part a convenient fiction used to convince the better-off members of the working class that they are capital class, or can aspire to be.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rugz posted:

I'm not the one telling other people to go away so I guess...nobody has?

Practically your first "contribution" to the thread was to tell us the system was fine because the cops get to legally make black people "go away".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rugz posted:

Citation please. Don't worry I'll wait.

With pleasure, dogfucker.

Rugz posted:

Why? What is the purpose of bodies such as the IOPC if every police interaction defaults to a trial? Funny you mention the other side of the atlantic since the entire ACAB rhetoric that seems to be seeping through is an American import. What you seem to be advocating is an overuse of the judiciary to govern police in some sort of attempt to make amends for previous cases. So I ask you how many not guilty verdicts would you like to see returned before the UK police are free to do their jobs?

Keep killing people and getting away with it?
Mark Duggan - Lawful Killing
Dean Joseph - Lawful Killing
James Fox - Lawful Killing
Richard Davies - Lawful Killing
Jermaine Baker - Lawful Killing
James Wilson - Lawful Killing
William Smith - Lawful Killing
Josh Pit - Lawful Killing
Yassar Yaqub - Lawful Killing
Richard Cottier - Lawful Killing
Sean Fitzgerald - Under investigation
Anthony Grainger - Police found at fault
Sorry but a 'Look at the US it's a slippery slope' argument doesn't wash.

Now, I may be misinterpreting you here due to lack of clarity on your part, but it seems very much to me that you were saying "The system ruled that the police shooting all these black men was lawful, so there's nothing wrong with the system!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rugz posted:

Might want to do a quick race check on those people before saying 'all these black men'.

It's OK, someone already did and said one of them was white.