Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Bumhead posted:

I actually think you can upgrade Stefanski to hot right off the bat.

Watson's ban at the start of last year bought them a bit of a free pass. By the time he suited up the Browns were in total whatever territory, and that continued when Watson as expected looked like total dump. It was just an eye roll of a situation. Week to week nobody gave a poo poo about what the Browns were doing.

I think it's different this year. I think there's some real "right, lets see why you did this to your franchise" pressure on Watson and anyone who had any voice at all in that contract, and I think people are absolutely primed and ready to burn them to the ground if Watson looks like anything less than elite right off the bat. I just think everything around the Browns could be set to escalate to a nuclear level implosion extremely quickly (which they loving deserve, fwiw) and I think that starts where it usually does - with the HC.

Agreed.

HOT would be Stefanski and Gannon (lol).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Mega64 posted:

If I was a GM I would simply not pick busts. Every single pick I make would be an all-pro.

The Brad Holmes school of thought.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Matt Patricia is a rapist, and unfortunately it came out AFTER the Lions hired him.

And then he was hired by New England AND Philly.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

indigi posted:

Nfl owners should have to run for reelection every 8 years. cities can't vote on who buys the team but they should be able to force current ownership to sell

Relegation, but for owners.

Down the XFL / AAFL or whatever

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Noted Good Coach Dan Cambell:

Fired dysfunctional OC in his first year
Fired dysfunctional Secondary coach in his second year

Also took full accountability for his own mistakes as he made them throughout.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I loving love Burn Notice.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

PupsOfWar posted:

hold up, can you trade a GM?

Lions Trade:
Matt Millen
2003 First Round Pick
2004 First Round Pick

You send:
Ham Sandwhich

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

When you have five head coaches, you have no head coaches.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ben, please go to San Diego, Los Angeles, and finally bring that Cambell magic and turn them around.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

kalensc posted:

Tepper gonna complain about reverse tampering

Teppering

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Like a true rapist, he continues to force himself on the league.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Turns out the salary cap doesn't matter if you have good coaches and players.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Matt Patricia is the rapist coordinator for the Eagles.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Dan Cambell actually wanted to take over the Lions because he wanted to bring them to relevance.

I'd say Harbaugh is off the same stuff.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Grittybeard posted:

I mean compared to what came before he's holding his hand over a candle and not flinching.

It is still amazing to me to think how quickly Josh McDaniels blew his second chance at a head coaching job. All you really had to do was not make everyone hate you, and you couldn't manage to do that.

Who could have predicted a 47 year old white male couldn't change their ways?!

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets also used Korn Ferry to hire Mike Maccagnan who was one of the worst GMs in NFL history.

Thanks for all the Corn chat, reminding me of Corn Elder.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Lions called up like four screen passes in a row to get their WR a 250k bonus instead of kneeling down.

And it worked.

That's just another way to maintain the respect of your players.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'm reserving judgement on Aaron Glenn until after the playoffs.

I want to see his defence in true must play circumstances, because, really, the two greatest examples of must / high pressure games for the Lions:

This year against Dallas: The defence was great.
Last year against Green Bay: The defence wasn't.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

No sarcasm, but Aaron Glenn is pretty much a defensive Dan Campbell and is gonna be a sick head coach.

His defence is quietly doing really well despite having a lame Cam Sutton as his CB1 and a stolen off the practice squad of another team lats in the year as his CB2.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'm racking my brain and I can't think of a single success story

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

AndrewP posted:

I just looked at the Chargers depth chart and I didn't see any FBs?? gonna need to rectify that

Lions have a pretty good one they could trade in return for a 1st or 2nd.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Johnson turned down a lot of money.

Billionaires never turn down money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

One of the Lions real superpowers this year was knowing on 1st down if they were going to go for it on 4th down.

Really allows the full playbook to be explored.