Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

caspergers posted:

I've always loved IPA but they're way oversaturated, as other goons have said. I'd like at least to find a decent pilsner tallboy but I can't think of any good micro pilsners with good distribution, except for maybe Boston Lager and Founder's Solid Gold. I'd like to see more singles of the former, and a lot of places at the height of Founders popularity were selling talls of Solid Gold. Guess most people these days just feel like lagers aren't enough, but trust me, with age, you're gonna be drinking pilsners. I used to hate pilsner but now it's all I drink because its malt and hop characters are so subtle that they're very appreciated. Get any lager you can out of Louisville KY because they're great. I also enjoy me a good Carlsburg now and again

preach

there's something like 26 craft breweries in my town (home of new belgium) and I'm sick to the teeth of menus with 8 pretentiously named unfiltered IPAs that are just wheelbarrows of hops covering up a boring flavor profile. we have a couple more traditional breweries that take great care making good pilseners, kolsch, helles, etc., though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1706777915516715084

Content: Fox News tries to do a scare piece about "drug use! crime! you'll be mugged!" and interview people on the streets with the SCARY FACTS. No one buys it and the reporter eventually gets to a lady who just mocks him to his face and bullies him mercilessly for being a shithead.

Why did they air this?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

My biggest fear in big cities is that I'll have to try to park a car.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Found this online years ago and it's still the simplest guide I've ever seen for parallel parking.

Oh I can parallel park just fine, it's a fear of finding parking and then having to park fast enough to not inconvenience someone and also have it be close enough to where I need to be.

You know actually I just hate driving in cities. I really only ever have to do it in Denver though.

DoctorTristan posted:

Turning to full lock while stationary? RIP your tyres

Do you also leave your car running because it takes more gas to start it than it does to run it?

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 14:57 on Sep 27, 2023

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Ror posted:

thread title not applicable

https://i.imgur.com/kv8djO5.mp4

You're getting shagged by an extremely common fowl

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Even a cheap walmart bike wheel will have more lateral strength than that one. I bet the rim was already compromised from having a porky cop wearing gear ride off curbs and stairs a bunch.

Anecdotally, I once caught my pedal on the ground in a turn hard enough to lift the back wheel up off the ground and then slam it back down with my weight still in the saddle. It had a nasty warp in it but I just pulled the wheel and smacked it on the ground to take enough of the bend out to ride 5 miles back to the nearest bike shop to buy a replacement to get home. This was a fairly narrow and lightweight road bike wheel.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 16:34 on Oct 8, 2023

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ekuNNN posted:

some more bicycle cops

Man I bet that kid that hucked the soccer ball into the cop's wheel got detention for like a week

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I can't tell what's going on there, but I just came from depot and was passing through the paint section where I saw this dude just completely covered in white paint sitting on a bucket looking furious while a forklift was getting a pallet of paint off the very top shelf. Wish I knew what happened.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There is a lot of making up a guy that doesn't exist and getting mad at him in here

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Wow it's been a while since a bunch of posters got real worked up at other people enjoying exercise

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Railing Kill posted:

bike snobs being entitled, self-righteous pricks toward people who live in rural areas or areas underserved by public transit or bike friendly infrastructure.

This didn't happen though

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Trabant posted:

I think we need Unicycle Boy to weigh in on the discussion.

gently caress him

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Atticus_1354 posted:

Javelina's aren't pigs. They built an oasis in the desert and they wonder why the native wildlife isn't respecting their property lines.

Hell yes, I love reading this book to my kid.

This is just natives taking back what's theirs.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hippocrass posted:

Did not know this about her.

Did she start her career in 2nd grade? Cause that's the kind of bullshit we'd tell each other on the bus and even then didn't believe it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hyperlynx posted:

You're not meant to pull the poostring because that might :nms: tighten it around sections of intestine, causing injury.

My wife pulled about 3 feet of yarn out of the cat's butt once before we moved in together. We had a good laugh about how gross it was and how terrible cats are. Then she told the whole story to a vet tech friend who got really quiet while her eyes got super wide and then we learned about this. Yarn is apparently worse than pretty much anything other than dental floss because it stretches, knots easily, and doesn't slide very well.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

holtemon posted:

Do you have to drink the 99% head poured beer with a straw? Lol

It's this new thing the kids are doing called a pub facial, you toss it all the way back, poke eyeholes in the foam, and snort the foam around your nose.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Air Skwirl posted:

How the gently caress do you socialize ?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Smik posted:

This woman is part cat, because this is how 90% of cats (and I think this is a lowball guess) react to any sudden noise.

I know anime catgirls are kinda cringe but I'd love it if they included this behaviour especially if they yelled "OH BUGGER poo poo!". Not just catgirls, but catgirl adjacent characters like DC's Catwoman. Imagine Batman pops up behind her, says "Hi" and she just jumps and screams "OH BUGGER poo poo!" then glares at him while he gives her a poo poo-eating grin.

It's "OH FUCKER SHEEIT," they seem to be in the American south.

It looks to me like an uncontrollable response, but she seems pretty good humored about it. There's a thing called the Brownlee response, I think, and it's specifically the arm flailing motion as a reaction to snakes and spiders and stuff. Looks like a few of the times he triggers her by tossing something or catching her attention out of the corner of her eye.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Dec 18, 2023

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dango Bango posted:

Texas. She's wearing a Baylor sweatshirt in one of the clips.

That's it, I was trying to place the college logo.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

A friend of mine hit an uncovered water valve hole in the street on one of those scooters. She broke everything in her jaw, separated both tmj, broke a bunch of teeth, maybe even her palate, and at least one orbit. Oh and got a tbi or course.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hippocrass posted:

King snakes are constrictors, so aren't really biting snakes.

I've been bitten by a few king snakes.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

das hipster posted:

lol I know it's just Ausralian, but this sounds like something a racist grandpa would say

I never bothered to learn what the word means but the first time I heard it was in Bluey when young Bandit says "Made you look, you dirty chook!" and had mini whiplash for a minute because it sounded so much like a racist grandpa slur.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Tbf there is a well known slur that starts with ch- and also two that end in -ook

Also Americans will make anything into a slur, so suspicion at an unknown word is occasionally understandable

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Atticus_1354 posted:

Toilet graffiti is the highest form of discourse.

:haibrow:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

captainOrbital posted:

SA project to bedazzle the crotch hole

It's called vajazzling, don't be weird

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Kids are also really good at letting you know what kind of teasing they're ok with and what upsets them. My daughter thinks it's hilarious when you flick water in her face but "you're covered in dog hair, hold still while I vacuum you" involved a whole lot of me apologizing and promising I wouldn't do that "yes you're right that wasn't funny and dad sure messed up that time didn't he."

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Vlaphor posted:

Dipshit streamer fucks around with toasters and forks and shits himself on stream (no poo shown, just the stain). Audio needed, especially the last thing he says.

https://i.imgur.com/hw8osDr.mp4

Edit: Most likely faked, don't care, still amazing

I caught my 5 year old trying to get toast out of the toaster with a knife the other day and showed her one of this guy's videos to demonstrate why you don't do that.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Bertha the Toaster posted:

My girlfriend was trying to use a knife to get crumbs out of an unplugged toaster a few years ago because she didn't know that crumb trays on toasters were a thing.

So I grew up without a two slot toaster and also didn't know this. When I moved in with my now wife, I'd shake hers out upside down over the sink to clean it until she showed me the tray.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Bertha the Toaster posted:

My girlfriend was trying to use a knife to get crumbs out of an unplugged toaster a few years ago because she didn't know that crumb trays on toasters were a thing.

Wait a minute was the toaster YOU?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

FreudianSlippers posted:

I keep hearing about people like this and it's strangely common for being the most unrelatable thing I can imagine.

Why read about them?

I do this for movies I know I won't watch, sometimes to understand cultural references, sometimes olut of curiosity. Recently it was Sophie's Choice, Kuso, and some movie I forget the name of but I've heard reference to a lot but involved too much rape and incest to ever choose to watch.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYFRfqi44go

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

credburn posted:

You wouldn't say "this meal is quality."

This is absolutely a normal use of the word and people have been saying this for a long time.

A quick Google turns it up in Merriam Webster, Dictionary.com, Cambridge dictionary, Britannica, etc

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

wash bucket posted:

The thread’s aesthetics are in shambles.

No this is a use of the word in a way that credburn understands, you're doing it wrong

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

jeebus bob posted:

Higge? Hygge

Wait till they hear how it's pronounced!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Looking at that Swiss seat made my legs go numb

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Good

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

How did you get footage of me talking to my 5 year old

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Man gently caress that driver so hard. I hope she had the presence to shove it up the exhaust pipe before it made it all the way into the carwash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I once wrestled a whitetail buck down and euthanized it with a small pocket knife but he had been hit by a car shortly before and I also did not get away uninjured.