Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I watched the middle part of Die Hard 3 on a plane a few weeks ago. Didn't have headphones, so it was without sound. Still enjoyed it, and not having to listen to anything or follow dialogue let me pay extra attention to everything else. The practical effects in particular are pretty great and I'm surprised they were able to get away with so many big set piece effects/stunts in the middle of actual NYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I don't have much of an opinion on die hard 3 but if watching it muted has no effect on your enjoyment, it's probably bad

I saw the movie a bunch when I was growing up (it was on all the time for some reason) so I wasn't completely clueless as to what was going on or who all the characters were. Also, I was on a plane.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Non Compos Mentis posted:

no one ever talks about the wanking chair in the 6th day

Best wanking chairs in cinema history:
1. Burn After Reading
2. Darth Vader's masturbatorium in Empire
3. The 6th Day
4. ???

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

not trolled not crying posted:

one friend of mine is a huge Bernthal fan but I had to

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think Bernthal is an okay actor but absolutely not the kind of guy that anyone would be a huge fan of

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Mordja posted:

Anyway, is Capote PSH's only leading role? I guess he's almost the deuteragonist in The Master?

He's the lead in Owning Mahowny, which is a really good movie about a banker who's using his job to fund his gambling addiction and features John Hurt with a hilarious flattop haircut and a sometimes goofy American accent. He also leads in Love Liza where he plays a guy addicted to huffing model airplane fuel as a means of coping with his wife's death. It's pretty good too.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

So let's say Bruce or Jennifer are taking a poo and gotta push extra hard, which makes them a little angry. Do they hulk out right there while on the toilet? Do they have specially reinforced toilets just in case of such an emergency? Do they have larger hulk sized rolls of toilet paper?

In Astonishing X-Men #53 it's revealed that Banner's toilet has a special emotion inhibitor in it created by Professor X for this exact situation

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

It seems very fitting Star Wars anagrams to r rear end wart

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Vakal posted:

How many sequels to pure comedy movies are there that are at least as good as the original?

The Jackass movies

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Zokari posted:

why not just have him wear the goggles i don't loving understand

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

Oh can I jump in on this too

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1753243364554838095?t=z9_LJYt9AcwzynaLm-7uhA&s=19

"This kids show needs to be like Game Of Thrones," says Netflix after three dozen prior failed attempts to make their own Game of Thrones.

Looking forward to all exposition dumps in brothels

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

JP but the people running the park have realized dinosaurs are simply too dangerous so they pivot to incredibly lifelike humanoid robots. Park visitors can interact with them in a variety of settings but the movie will only focus on the Wild West one.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jurassic Park but in a world where goons READ THE THREAD

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

What if it's subpar and tarnishes the good name of Star Wars?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I just want to say the talk show guy who says "Frankly I find the idea of a bug that thinks O-FFENSIVE" knocked that bit out of the park and I wish he'd been in more clips

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

colonelwest posted:

Going from one controversial topic to another I see…

Some DS9 fans really love the Vic Fontaine shenanigans episodes. But I’m firmly in the camp of wishing that Star Trek never introduced the holodeck, it’s a lazy excuse to interject C-tier period drama plots into a sci-fi show just to fill airtime and re-use sets/costumes from other productions.

The holodeck, the transporter, and the replicator are the holy trifecta of "we didn't really think through the implications of introducing these things." I can forgive the transporter a little since it was allegedly done for budget reasons, but the other two are ON NOTICE.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Someone here once called Todd Phillips "Turd Fartlips" and I still smile when I think about it, because I am seven years old.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I also have an opinion on XJAKK

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Kingo Ligma posted:

the HGH cat turd thing,

wait what

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Hackers film 1995 posted:

dude literally ate poo poo from a cats butt to gain muscle powers

Dang I could've told him it wasn't gonna work

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

KakerMix posted:

the only balls I want discussed in the RLM thread are spaceballs

The only way my balls are getting to space is if Los Locos kick them there

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

drat, the comparison to Command & Conquer cutscenes was really spot on

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

lobsterminator posted:

Not sure what the subject would be, but Culk's next appearance will surely be a trivia show.

Home Alone trivia but all the questions are about the movies he wasn't in

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Frankly I don't understand who would be interested in that zone, seemed like some pretty awful stuff was going on there. They should've called it Zone of YUCK

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

Dream Scenario was not very good. The premise is amazing but the whole thing almost immediately devolves into a hamfisted metaphor for the consequences of unintended instant online celebrity and parasocial relationships but the movie itself just doesn’t do anything other than that. Hell, even Nick Cage seems kinda muted. Part of that is the timid/nebbish character he’s playing but the movie just isn’t all that interesting. Kinda disappointing considering it was an A24 flick. There were a couple funny-ish scenes but probably not worth your time.
2/10 sad nick cages reciting the alphabet in Vampire’s Kiss.

The metaphor definitely starts to fall apart toward the end but goddamn the fart scene made me laugh so hard. It was just so humiliating.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Dinner in America was exactly as good as they said it is. Absolutely worth tracking down.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Bambam died in Vietnam

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

stephenthinkpad posted:

Does Dan Aykroyd always play straight guy against other SNL cast? Does he play cunning scammer in any comedy?

My friend, let me tell you about a little gem called Nothing But Trouble

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Space Jam posted:

interesting, but what if all the ghosts had huge tits

I'm listening

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Murdstone posted:

Yeah did anyone here see that? I meant to but i just never did and I think that’s probably true for a lot of people.

I saw it on a plane and liked it a lot. The CGI--and there's a lot of it--looked kinda dodgy at times, even on a small plane seat screen, but otherwise it was pretty good. There's a scene that takes place during an orgy and I couldn't figure out why the camera chose to focus on this really weird zoomed-in shot of someone's face until I realized that was the only way they could crop it to make it presentable for airplane viewing.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

BoyG posted:

Wait there's a Watchman comic?

Yeah, it's an adaptation of the Snyder film. It even uses a lot of frames from the movie for its panels

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

That DICK! posted:

wow.. he straight up did

Can anyone verify this?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

don't judge anything by entertaiment weekly photos, they're always always poo poo

???????

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

Gowron is a distant fifth.

1. General Mutha Fuckin MARTOK
2. Klingon Chef
3. Tony Todd
4. General Mutha Fuckin MARTOK (Changeling)
5. Gowron

Any list that doesn't include the klingon lawyer is utter garbage and a scathing indictment of its creator

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

JediTalentAgent posted:

Robocop 2 eventually had the original Frank Miller story/script adapted to comics about 20 years later, didn't it? I seem to recall something about it when I saw a few pages and didn't suddenly jump to, "the movie RUINED this great script!"

Yes, and everything about it was dogshit. Big chunks of the premise ended up being used for Robocop 3, which should tell you all you need to know.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

priznat posted:

Still watching that Constellation show on AppleTV and I still can’t decide if it is worth it, it seems like they’ve done in 7 episodes so far what should really have taken no more than 4.

It ain't. As you said, it takes too long to go basically nowhere, and once it arrives you'll find it was not at all worth the commitment. It's the epitome of a plot-driven show; the only people approaching actual characters are the guys played by Jonathan Banks while everyone else has basically one personality trait that defines everything about who they are. If the central mystery was interesting enough to make up for the lack of interesting/developed characters then that'd be one thing, but the more you learn about it, the dumber and more nonsensical it becomes.

It's unfortunate because they clearly put a lot of money into it and the cast is pretty good. Highly recommend stopping now and watching Counterpart instead, which does a superficially similar premise much, much better.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Kingo Ligma posted:

Top three space dads:

Admiral Adama
Optimus prime
Captain Sisko

Wow, totally ignoring America's true favorite space dad, Tommy Lee Jones in Ad Astra

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Gripweed posted:

I watched a movie tonight and this happened in it

This is literally the only thing I remember from the movie because the knee thing grossed me out as a kid

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Mega64 posted:

We need one or two seasons to establish the maze runner's background as a person destined to run in mazes, and we also need to explore the gradual construction of the maze as people wonder if such a maze could ever be run.

The season finale ends with the maze runner finally entering the maze, then the show will be cancelled.

"I grew up helping my parents test the mazes they made out of their corn fields. They called me...the Maize Runner."

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Pac and Cheese posted:

iirc he was a huge creep during the shooting of that joaquin phoenix fake rapper doc that nobody saw

I saw it. It was dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

"We won your freedom, Anakin! You're not a slave anymore. Oh, but now you have to follow our code, which tells you what you can do and what you're allowed to feel and think. And, oh boy this is a little awkward, you, uh, have to call me master."