Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
When he's right, he's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

i call dalen terry Infinite Jest because he's really long and has a very low finishing percentage

Yeah but he's not good whereas IJ owns

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

three posted:

Is just being an intolerable, out-of-control rear end in a top hat considered a mental health problem?

I mean, yeah?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I worked as a library page, shelving books in the kids and YA section back in high school. Never read a Redwall book but I had to shelve them all the time and they looked really cool.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

In the most racewarzy way possible can someone tell me what kinds of woodland animals correspond to different NBA players

Kyle Lowry is a beaver.
SGA is a stoat.
Jalen Brunson is a hare.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Mr. Humalong posted:

Show some respect, Brooks is a marten.

Brooks is a rat that lives in the juice at the bottom of a dumpster.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

lol i just skimmed through the first quarter looking for these. this is pathetic defense

lol wow

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

BWV posted:

Rowan Alexander Barrett Jr. dropping 37 on 20 shots. Your new look Raptors just put some play-in teams on notice.

Huh, didn't know that was his given name. It's also the name of my Panamanian father in law. His wife is named Teddy. I dunno what's going on down there.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It's Sheoldred the Apocalypse above some kidneys and viscera.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

What’s the nba equivalent of drawing cards?

Gaining possession so opponent turnovers I guess.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Celtics have a brutal stretch of games this week, second straight against the Pacers in Indy, then MIN at home and @MIL on a back to back Wednesday/Thursday

Tatum is out tonight for rest, Porzingis is back after missing 7/8ths of last game after getting poked in the eye

I keep hearing that the Celtics have the weakest SOS remaining but it still feels like a lot of tough games so far. Waiting for a couple weeks of cake walk.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Halli is a system PG. (Not really, Pacers just got insanely hot).

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

lol why are Celtics fans melting down about a game in January?

It's hard to maintain an 80% win percentage. :(

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
If we're being honest I was mostly miffed by going from looking like a lock to win a Tatum rest day game against a legit opponent, potentially handily (up 10 when Hali went down) and watching it fall apart mostly on the back of some insanely hot shooting. The ending was frustrating (especially with the Jaylen foul overturn; feel like it would be more defensible if it was just called a clean block live) but not super egregious.

We are definitely overusing the term meltdown though.

e: Oh I also had to confront that Derrick White had a bad game and may be cooling off which makes me very sad.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Awooo

9-6 now with one game to go on the 16 straight games (11 on the road) against .500 or better teams Timberwolves tour. Unfortunately that last game is a b2b tomorrow night in Boston after needing to fly up from Orlando after tonight's game.

Finals preview

:getin:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I can say for my part I am watching more random league pass games than ever before. The play is good and there are lots of fun story lines. Also I am a hater to my core and its fun to just throw on a game when the underdog is up double digits and see if they can do it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Aye Doc posted:

smh if you arent excited to see tatum's Kobe Shrine he cries at before every game

You are actually just going to get a lot of Deuce which is good and bad I guess.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Post your dream lineup for this type of show:

1) Zach Lavine
2) Jose Alvarado
3) Derrick White
4) Jokic (wanna see those horseys)
5) Dillon Brooks

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

maruhkati posted:

Ant sold that one at the end, not gonna lie. It was there for the taking.

Still, the fact that it was there for the taking at all was a surprise.

Wolves balled out. I was looking at the box score and the only guy that had a bad night was McDaniels. Wolves are good and I am rooting for them the rest of the way.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ammanas posted:

just woke up from a dream where dejounte murray and wembanyama met in a dimly lit parisian cafe with a window view of the eiffel tower at night. wemby was smoking cloves and sipping an espresso while dejounte picked at a croissant. they stared at each other for a moment then both nodded. wemby merely said oui and dejounte started grinning.

pop send the 2 seconds. they're ready.

In mine Ant dunked over LeBron into a bathroom sink that was outdoors in a desert.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Sengun does own and I am now trying to get ahead of the curve and identify the next Euro big man with vision and touch that will follow this mold.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So CoolBuffMan correctly predicted Jokic's ascendancy (see: the first BYOGM installment) and Dokmo gets credit for Sengun. Who is the next one? Place your bets now to get credit.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

feller posted:

I'm claiming wemby. He's gonna be great

This bet will not get you hot-take credit later, sorry.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I thought Ant would be a bust, the Tatum-Fultz swap was stupid, and Luka would be bad. I watch zero college or international hoops and make purely vibes based predictions.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I appreciate the Celtics using this game as a Sin Eater for all the bad random variance of the season.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

to me the real bulls #5 will always be andres nocioni

I hosed some dudes up with him, Capn Kirk and Ben Gordon back in some old 2k days.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Doltos posted:

Ben Gordon had such a good shooting motion and was an auto 3 in 2k

I had the hardest time with him! It was weirdly delayed and catapulty. My best 3pt motion was Brandon Roy.

This was also a weird time in my life and 2K games were super abuseable. I won a chip with the bucks by spamming up-and-under post moves with Yi Jianlan

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

You would defensively die probably in the nba

Nah, I could hang

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Veryslightlymad posted:

Some professional wrestlers are almost certainly as or more athletic, but the waters are muddied by how many aren't athletic at all, but booked to kick the superhuman's rear end.

"Real" wrestlers (like olympic ones) have to be up there, too. There's basically no comparison for how much of a full body workout it is trying to keep someone pinned that's not following a script and doesn't want to be. I've been in a couple of fights where I had to keep another guy pinned or risk permanent bodily harm, and for like a week after it felt like I had bench-pressed a car. Nothing, and I mean nothing I have lived through has made my whole body ache that way. I would fully believe that whoever is the olympic gold medalist mat wrestler is the most athletic person on the planet. Because they managed to beat the second best guy at that.

I wrestled for a couple years in high school and can confirm. Nothing else takes you from full excited energy to completely tapped, barely able to move in 10 seconds like it. The guy getting pinned is expending even more energy to get out. Source: I got pinned a lot.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

do you think theres any current nba player who has never been able to dunk a basketball even in practice

There something called a Markquis Nowell that is 5'8 and may or may not be able to dunk. Handful of other guys under 5'10. Presumably one of them doesn't have elite ups.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I ask with deep trepidation, does anyone know where the Crypto P thing came from?

https://twitter.com/CelticsLead/status/1746356142219882706

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Oh yeah, lol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Signed with the Celtics and blew out his knee in the World Cup before playing a game for them. Was out the whole year, got included in the porzingis trade as salary filler. Which he took personally and talked in preseason about getting revenge on the Celtics for this betrayal

Those guys paid me millions of dollars to receive free top of the line medical care. Those fuckers!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

huh, apparently mike muscala has been drifting around the league for 10 years now? i cant think of a better white center who was drafted as a 40th something 2nd round pick

He was famously traded to the Lakers for Zubac. Such a dumb move.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Telluric Whistler posted:

Muscala is the wandering rebuild whisperer, clearly the development of the thunder youth was from his wisdom

Also IDK maybe Gallo taught SGA uh... Getting fouls or something

Gallo taught his innate racial trait of being a slithery snake man to SGA.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

lol they were full strength with Draymond back and lost to this:

Also JJJ had a bad game.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/C0urtneyDanvers/status/1747097188063125696

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

dokmo posted:

I hate to poke holes in this story, but no team is passing on a player because he didn't work out for them.

Really? I feel like I hear about this happening, at least in other sports, and it makes sense that you wouldn't want to draft a guy that doesn't want to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

dokmo posted:

Agents are full of poo poo and lie to their clients constantly about where they are going in the draft. If you are a team with the 10th pick, you are not going to get a workout with more than a handful of potential lottery picks because all of them think they're going in the top 3. You are choosing the best player available regardless of the workout, unless maybe that player withholds their medical.

Edit it's not that the player doesn't want to be there, it's that they know you have the tenth pick and they are definitely going in the top 3, so why bother with the workout? The other side of this is that agents know there is no cost to avoiding a workout.

None of this applies to non lottery players.

But the draft pick in question was the #3 overall? What you say makes sense though. I also dont put anything past Ainge getting saved by fate/even dumber people like the Justise Winslow hypotehtical.