Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
why do people who seem to have no empathy for anyone else in the world get so angry when just this one single guy loses a court case

some actually behave like it's hurting them personally, but wouldn't care at all when it happens to anybody else

is it all a fake display to demonstrate loyalty, or have they made him into an extension of themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

very smart gavin i'm sure this won't come back to bite you when you run for president...

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1762831969690255650

this loophole was made because gavin is friends with a billionaire franchisee of panera bread. so its there for no real reason other than, "i'm really corrupt"
all the others probably have to do is argue to be included in court or something, then it'll be like

introducing the delicious, all new, rustic, sourdough mcbread! an exclusive california favorite

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 29, 2024

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Funky See Funky Do posted:

E: I should read more carefully. The wording of the law only applies to a business opened prior to September last year.

just noticed mcdonalds did have bakery muffins and cinnamon rolls and poo poo, but looks like they discontinued it all a few weeks before september

would be funny if changing the menu a few weeks too early causes them to pay higher wages for years

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 29, 2024

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

big nipples big life posted:

It's so wild that Liz Cheney and Mitch McConnell are RINOs in today's republican party.

Speaking of confusing things I saw a jeep with punisher stickers and a Biden Harris sticker this morning.

i know this is probably a repetitive old thought but i wanted to type again how loving disappointing it is to live in a country where THIS MUCH of the population will still go along with his rear end.

it disturbs me a lot less that one guy can be a cartoonish narcissist piece of poo poo goblin, and a lot more just the sheer number of supporters they will have no matter what they say and do, like "oh well, every democrat in the country is worse forever no matter what. gotta keep votin for my team and calling myself a conservative till i die durp".

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
why didn't my wall donations work out, or my chud nfts, or my golden shoes, or my SPAC investment, or my maga coins, or my other maga coins. drat it hunter

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Once again, years ago before the pandemic, journalist Anand Giridharadas claims to have had such conversations with Silicon Valley billionaires and claims he suggested, “Did you ever think of maybe being nice to people?”
them's brain chippin words

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
peterson speaks like a shakespearean star trek villain, except the content is usually dumber and more insane.

at least those villains don't give monologues about their grandma's pubes.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/9702164-i-dreamed-i-saw-my-maternal-grandmother-sitting-by-the

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Nocheez posted:

No one has ever glued my locks shut. Of course, I don't go in public and poo poo my terrible opinions everywhere. Maybe it's a random act of vandalism :shrug:

"some sjw glued the lock".

yeah, he shouldn't assume it was an sjw. i'm not an sjw and would glue all of his doors and his mouth shut if i could. maybe i just hate hearing long tales about grandma pubes from a kermit the frog voice.

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 3, 2024

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
oh wow donald announced his campaign in 2015 and has been screaming on social media 20 times per day ever since

i've been on the fence these last 9 years until now, but that last rant in all caps really convinced me sir!

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
nevermind, going to go pet a dog or something instead of watching politicians with personality disorders rant in all caps again

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 5, 2024

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

MrMojok posted:

I doubt you can walk ten feet in any direction in MaL with running into somebody named Tony Rigatoni, or similar.

my favorite was when fox and friends had a couple of chuds on to talk about trans school policy and their names were Frank Capone (shared with Al Capone's mobster brother), and Jackie Tobacco

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
republicans were already losing the popular vote 4, 8 years ago. hillary was close and biden did win, years ago.

thousands of boomers die every single day since then. covid killed more chuds. some of them now think voting is rigged, or won't vote by mail.

abortion is supposed to drive many more people.

etc.

so why the gently caress is it still being described as a tight race, no matter what? it's always like this. frustrating.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
it looks like over 4 million boomers are dying every 4 years.

i know they're not all conservative, but you would think it'd start affecting elections soon, when elections were already close.

i'm just not sure how republicans are replacing the loss of thousands of their voters dying every single day, for years.

maybe i'm just stupid though.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
"i'm not a bigot, just stop virtue signalling and shoving your politics down our throat" says man with gigantic crucifix necklace, "trump is jesus" shirt, trump hat (with crucifix), trump shoes, drives away in gigantic truck plastered with trump and jesus bumper stickers waving 4 gigantic flags screaming TRUUUUUUUUMP

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Data Graham posted:

I mean if there's anything we all can and should be taking home from the experience of the last 8 insane loving years is that we're still in uncharted water. Polls were developed during a time when politicians were boring and interchangeable pick-a-mix mannequins. All the rules and mathematical models and poo poo go completely out the window when we're dealing with a cult of personality that has captured tens of millions of people.

We don't know what the hell will happen when you thrust a new set of stimuli in front of those tens of millions of cultists. It's anybody's guess, all we know is we don't have precedent to go by, not in this country anyway.

wish i could take a peep into the future and see exactly what happens to all of these people and the GOP in general after he croaks

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Lifespan posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1765397025967710542

Uh-oh, Trump is going to have to target a different piggy bank

it's dogecoins

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's going to take Republicans that actually give a poo poo about Democracy in a post-Trump/MAGA world to spine up and admit the Party was wrong and were spineless cowards to boot for allowing themselves to kneel before Trump before MAGAts can be talked off the ledged en masse.

The Republican Party as it stands, right now, is complicit for ALL of Trump's crimes, past or present, because of how strongly and blindly they are aligned with Trump and all of his policies. No matter how abhorrent. So they will have to collectively stand before the American people and atone for their sins, which is impossible to consider right now.

But maybe not in the post-Trump future, like say February of 2025, when the political races for Republicans look like some kind of Terminator apocalypse after they get trounced race after race, State after State, and not even the loving filibuster can save their worthless asses in their hunger for power.

i have a couple of family members similar to these types who have never apologized to anyone, for anything, in their entire life. (maybe if they're truly afraid, like in front of a judge).

i think a big reason why trump was so popular with some is he normalized rear end in a top hat behavior, let them feel more free to be their rear end in a top hat true selves. they are fighting to be loud and proud assholes at all times, and receive zero consequences for it. most democrats and various others in power they hate make them fear being an rear end in a top hat will be denormalized again.

i used to try to reason with them, but each only got worse with age. it's like trying to talk someone out of a serious illness, you can't. any amount of hope or effort i put into them was a waste of time and mental health. the only thing that makes mine behave is fear of consequences.

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 8, 2024

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
just saw a guy call everyone in the world who dislikes donald for any reason a "kool-aid drinker".

i swear people in these circles just hear insults and think "these words made me mad, so it will make someone else mad too! that's going in what's left of the ol' memory banks for next time."

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
how did these types get away with calling everyone else triggered snowflakes for soo long?

does it not count as triggered whining if you do it all day long for years, and years, but then say something mean during the triggered whine

nice loophole

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
maybe they don't read fiction or play videogames, so their brains get really bored, and that's why they all make up conspiracy theories or have dramatic thoughts about epic battles against "unholy rabbis and their hag daughters"

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
sweeney made a comment about her conservative family members having small minds because they don't get out of their small towns and see the world, so you'll have to keep settling for charles in charge, rob schneider, roseanne and the hercules guy sorry little buddies

edit: how could i forget ted nugent

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

oh i was thinking of this. she's not attacking conservatives directly, but did seem to believe it comes from a place of ignorance: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fauxmoi/comments/ycjaru/sydney_sweeney_during_an_interview_in_2020/

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Waffle House posted:

I love the GOP attempts to "capture the narrative and flip the script," it's like uhhhhh yeah nobody likes blonde hair or boobs. That's it. That's exactly what liberals do. in ur head

pizza was voted favorite food in this poll, and it has cheese. take that woke vegan libtards haha conservativism wins again

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
I looked up who owns that network (he's also behind bannon's war room).

Robert J. Sigg was charged with mortgage fraud in the United States District Court for the District of Colorado and was convicted in 2006. He had previously been arrested for burglary and assault in Jefferson County, Colorado, drug distribution in Weld County, Colorado, domestic violence in Parker, Colorado, and assault and battery in Aurora, Colorado. He's been arrested dozens of times in total, plus some money-related civil cases.

Also, his son Austin confessed to abducting and murdering 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 10, 2024

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Shishkahuben posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax posted:

On October 22, 2008, Todd claimed that she was robbed at knifepoint by a "six-foot-four African American of medium build, dressed in dark clothes wearing shiny shoes" at a Citizens Bank ATM in the Bloomfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh. She also alleged that after the robber saw a McCain bumper sticker on Todd's car, he assaulted her, cut a reversed letter B into her cheek,[4] and told her "you are going to be a Barack supporter."[5]

On October 24, Todd confessed to inventing the story after police reviewed surveillance camera photos and administered a polygraph test.[7] She now said that she had seen the backwards "B" on her face while driving, and although she did not remember how she got it, assumed that she herself had done it because she had had previous episodes of memory loss.[3] According to police, Todd provided no explanation of why she had told them the story about the mugging instead.[8]

Super believable story.

Reminds me of the time I was assaulted by a blue-haired person in a vagina hat with black eyes. They saw my Jesus bumper sticker, and said "Not so fast. I, a Satanist, command you to vote for Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. this November, on behalf of my Dark Lord." and carved "JRB Jr." into my forehead because that is what people do.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

This is a fascinating rabbit hole

I thought so. Glad you noticed.

I thought it was so crazy that the guy behind the Real America's Voice network and Steve Bannon's War Room is a career criminal with a loong list of arrests, and his son is literally a convicted child murderer in a famous case.

His network has worked with Republican Governors, Charlie Kirk, appeared at CPAC, so it's not just like some tiny Youtube channel...

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Question: In American schools do you make fun of people for being dim?

yeah, the problem is the people who believe the dumbest things you've ever heard in your life will call others stupid even more often in my experience for not believing them too.

to them, they've "learned" their misinformation and conspiracy theories, and if you don't accept them, then you're just too brainwashed or too stupid to understand.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Speedboat Jones posted:

I send poo poo like this to my dad now that he’s talking about “When I retire in the next couple years.” Your party wants you to work til you die, Dad. :lol:

ben can't relate to the concept of retirement because his job already resembles a republican's retirement, consuming and spreading propaganda over the internet all day

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I hate this poo poo. suddenly chuds whos only jokes are pronoun jokes or really cruel stupid poo poo, suddenly get asshurt at vaguely mean commedy.

i just came from a thread offsite where one called people liars and morons in a post, and right below in the very next post complained about "this ad hominem against me proves you lost the argument"

even when blatant hypocrisy is in writing and right next to each other, it still doesn't matter to some brains

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
do media and polling seem off the rails with clickbait this election more than usual to anyone else, or am i just noticing it more this year?

i even just saw an ABC News article with a headline like "LGBTQ+ voters look a lot like swing voters", lol.

there was just a bunch of useless gobbledygook inside the article imo.

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 13, 2024

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Catastrophe posted:

If we're talking about an actual Sasquatch, I imagine the candidate that promises daily birds and fish to feast on.

my dad was basically a sasquatch. super hairy, only just wants to hunt and fish.

his feelings towards politicians resemble a native american from a tv show who warns people about trusting the white man, so i imagine the sasquatch to be like that.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Toxic Mental posted:

I really enjoy how quickly trump voters suddenly were enamored with the Fake News polls

yeah, i used to go to a discord where some chud mod literally linked only to breitbart, and shat on CNN every day of his life.

then one day when CNN had some headline that he liked the sound of, he loving stickied it.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
the RNC is now closing it's mail-in voting outreach program, while Pennsylvania Republicans are trying to spend millions to convince voters to embrace mail-in ballots and ignore mail-in ballot criticism

hehe

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Philthy posted:

Man conservatives are really going down the abortion rabbit hole. We're not far off from scalpels being banned because they could be used in assisting an abortion.

i forget who said it, but i used to hear people quote something like: fascism always fails because they end up falling for their own propaganda

between things like anti-vaxx, this abortion rabbithole, mail-voting, etc. i wonder if they were on to something though

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Propaganda Hour posted:

HAHHAHAH

You know what they say: as goes the Pennsylvania Dutch, so goes the country.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
one of the crappy things about all of this is no matter how harmful and immoral the behavior of politicians becomes, there are people in our real lives who consider it rude to ever briefly point it out.

like any amount of criticizing terrible harmful behaviors from people in power makes you the bad rude guy in their mind.

it's not like i'm standing up in the middle of a wedding screaming about republicans. there are just some who apparently want to live a permanent fantasy and never think or talk about actual problems, while others just don't have the luxury of completely ignoring all of politics eternally.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Sedgr posted:

:decorum: at all costs. They will allow any crime or atrocity to happen around them because the REAL problem to them is that you're disturbing the peace by pointing it out.

The "if we stop testing for covid, there is no covid" solution to every problem.

Anal ostriches.

lol, thank you

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

the "truth". there's that word again. the biggest liars, propagandists and conspiracy theorists i've ever seen in my life all seem to be in love with that word.

get the "real news" from "truth media". the truthiest truth we've ever truthed.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
when my weird family members talk about politics i call him donald since they never put that on the flags
maybe it'll bypass their culty defenses a little bit or something
if not i think it sounds funnier

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
meet joseph biden. simultaneously communist and fascist. he blended in as neither for his first 80 years of life, but had everyone fooled the entire time. a true enigma of a man.