Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i cant believe this poo poo is good lol. but it is somehow. that said who designed these dumbass dungeons? theyre terrible, but at least you can reroll the boss over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

SettingSun posted:

As far as I can tell it pulls from any storage anywhere in the base area. It's great.

great except it also seems to pull from locked chests as well... better keep those ancient parts and souls in your inv at all times

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

VanillaGorilla posted:

My biggest problem is increasingly getting enough high quality spheres. Once you’re up to the t3 spheres the costs are pretty high.

Endgame economy seems kinda rough on normal.

gotta build a good ore mining facility is all

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

the world tree is a fake ;_;

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Orv posted:

It clearly has height maps around it so I expect it'll eventually be real given the only cinematic in the game so far.

okay thats possible. could be an early access thing too

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Nintendo isn't making gameplay with Pokemon I want to play
yes they are lol, tons of palworld's mechanics are lifted straight out from pokemon legends arceus

i agree with your greater point though it is overall asinine

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

base 1: hq
base 2: ore mining prison camp
base 3: coal mining prison camp
base 4: ...?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

GilliamYaeger posted:

Quartz mining prison camp, obviously.

have you spotted any on the surface? none for me so far

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Orv posted:

-208, 250

Just be aware that if you don't have heaters at night in the cold zone it will go badly for if you're not inside.

sweet as hell, thanks

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

GilliamYaeger posted:

It's basically four extra item slots for you to store monster drops in if they happen to be food items, like honey.

yeah no joke i didn't realize there was an item limit until my weight got increased enough to hit the wall. those fees bags are worth it, every slot counts

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

plus you can reroll the boss to get a cooler critter at least. dungeons do blow rear end though

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Lol yeah I figured caves had multiple exits and I just eventually maze wandered into one of those to escape. Guess not. Without even a compass I can't even form a mental grid map of what I've explored or not and rooms are so identical I can't use landmarks or trail of dead to recenter.

If there's a guidemap to beeline to boss I might revisit dungeons but I've wasted several play hours in them already that could've been fun outside adventures and bosses. Outside bosses are fun since others join in and there are more interesting terrains.

you would die in the paris catacombs

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

third base is something most goons'll never reach

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

FireWorksWell posted:

Oh man thank you so much, it's great! I'm gonna pass on using it; it's not worth getting into but I've lost interest in the game. If another goon wants it as their AV I'll happily pay for the change, title text too if they want.

Me. i want Him

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it's not insanely difficult, you just aim and fire

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

why?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

enjoying a solo start on the west isles, there's this lovely spot on a cliff where invaders can only reach from two easily defended locations, and the rest is a nice view of vistas. cozy

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

try using your loving eyes they stuck lucarios head on a dog

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

FireWorksWell posted:

Thank you so much!

thank you too :D

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i meant to add earlier that i started my solo game with pokemon spawns at 3x and i have to say, it's really interesting how it changes the game. pals travel in herds, and this makes racking up 10 captures more easy, but it just as well makes tougher encounters when, say, you want a mammoth but you're gonna have to figure out a plan to take out the other five marching alongside. pals i wouldve attacked for exp or loot in my friends' game, i don't in this just because a herd of like 8 of those fluffy green things becomes a problem quick. oh, and bosses spawn in threes too--three times the difficulty, three times the loot :henget:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Evil Kit posted:

I've been meaning to ask, has anyone else found Reincarnated Guy? It's a fun little easter egg that gives a single piece of high tier food.

Won't spoil the dialogue but I got a hearty chuckle out of it.

Spoilered image of where you can find him if anyone's interested, coords are in the bottom left. You would literally not be able to find this guy unless you were lucky or covering every inch of the map.

speaking of random guys, did anyone find that underground merchant at the mineshaft? well, i found him again off a random cliff on the ice mountain island to the northwest. he stood and sold the same crap. very strange

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

SettingSun posted:

I thought raids were neat until a horde of 20 fire pals rolled around and burned absolutely everything down. Wooden foundations collapsed which broke everything on top of them. I, uh, turned off raids after that.

this happened to me too, i lost half my village to fire. but i rolled with it and set up a perimeter of stone walls, and let me tell you, that poo poo holds while you cock the toucan grenade launcher. transgressors have also been spending time with Kingpaca in teh Punishment Cage

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Mailer posted:

This game is a mashup of multiple other types of games I don't like and I have no idea why I've played it for ten hours send help.

its those games but good

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i think punishment on death is fun or necessary to liven things up a bit. but im still a wuss so i set the slider to drop all my items but not my tools. i also saw you can make it even more punishing and drop your current mons on death as well. whew

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

no... stop.. no.....

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

has anyone found a pal that looks similar to Snorunt. little guy's my favorite

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Unfortunately no, they kind of skimped on the cool weirdos. Swee or Sweepa might be closest options and don't cut the mustard for Snorunt.

you know me well, i got a swee sweepin' up around the ore farm and i love the lil man. hope i can find a big one somewhere

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

im glad my bros respect how the game's intended. even if it sucks to retrieve stuff, i deal. it's a tough world out there, us and our mons stick together. and meanwhile i wont tell them my singleplayer save has tools kept on death :D

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i love waiting on egg. go out and hunt, come home to baby

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Are the defensive walls really needed? They're so tall and ugly and ruin my view...

youll be singing a different tune soon when they come for you bearing flame

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Is there a point to boosting your attack? It seems like the worse stat to put points into.
I do health to get me up around 1k, a few in stamina(in case I gotta scale something) and most everything else goes into carry weight

definitely a huge waste

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

been having a lot of pals fall through the floor and starve themselves to the brink. pals on roofs they shouldnt be, on top of trees they have no business being near, along and outside the castle wall through powers unknown to man. my smithmon is traumatized from having been trapped underground for so long that he's been on semi-retirement at the ore resort since

still havin fun staking my claim across this land though. i thought coal only spawned on desert surfaces but i found a grassy crater to the west of the map's center ice mountain filled with 6-8 coal deposits in addition to trees and rocks. considering setting up a base there, much to think about...

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

this 3 base limit sucks rear end im with the other goon, i would gladly take 5 bases at a cap of 11 or 12 mons instead of what we got now

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Tarezax posted:

I am quite impressed with the open world implementation. I climbed to the top of the volcano and realized I could see one of my bases on another island from there.

ive got a cool super mario sunshine effect going on where my two bases are in sight of each other across a distance. cool as hell

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i hope raid ai is improved so that they can actually recognize a path inside. watched a crowd of guys run into my wall for an hour while any of them could have just walked a bit further to the left to cross right in. but what's really bad are the ones who manage to glitch their way through due to sheer volume. usually the critters get them, but my personal response has been to set up a shitload of walls stacked in front of each other. also considering making a ring of fireplaces to burn invaders to death with

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Good poo poo.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Third World Reagan posted:

So I once got stuck under ground and uh this happened

I never took that path into the ocean or the circles that are in the middle. This was all due to that doppleganger bug though.

take your nearest flying mount and fix all these black in-betweens this instant

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

bus hustler posted:

Eh, It takes 8/7/8 so berries aren't any worse to buy and take up 3 pokes at a base or go pretty slow. You need planting, watering, and growing.

You can put down 5 cows and 5 chickens and 5 bees in 4 ranches and have 1k+ of each with almost no pathing issues.

Then rotate in bees and get 3 of the ingredients from one spot all at once.

And fried eggs restore SAN just like baked berries.

lol come on man make the drat plantations

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

one pal seeds one pal harvests boom 1000 berry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

pik_d posted:

There's a big reddit thread about how the Lifmunk Effigies actually decrease catch rates:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Palworld/comments/1agnc05/major_bug_lifmunk_effigies_reducing_the_capture/

Motherfucker.