Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://x.com/jxlorenzi/status/1764348124745613544?s=20

The Return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Very much enjoyed shai deciding in the 4th this shitshow is over then proceeding to make every shot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh no the wolves get to see what a better future looks like for free that's not good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Maestro posted:

Live footage of Bismack seeing the edge lord posting done in his name

https://x.com/thehoopcentral/status/1765610202588680303?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

Wtf

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pretty good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Surprised Ramona and the usual suspects haven’t made more of an effort to talk about how Shai wants to win in a big market, seems like it would have been an obvious one

They have a lot lol then shai said we're done losing and here we are.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rick posted:

Shai rules.

It's wild he's good enough where you can wonder if he will become the greatest thunder

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Spurs don't really have a choice tbh. Wemby is going to be too good next year for them to tank.

I don't know if Dallas is a good comparison cuz that was a really weird Mavs era pre-Luka. They were more of a collection of vets brought together to be a backing band for Dirk's farewell tour than a team. Also it could've worked out for them if they didn't gently caress up Zingus and Brunson

NOP was probably a better example. They went all in a little too early with AD. But Jrue was the right move, they just missed on pretty much every other move.

If first gear is tanking and 5th is all in, Spurs are going to be in 2nd or 3rd next year, which is where they should be. They're looking for a Jrue or a Brunson to pair with Wemby

The spurs do have a choice all they have to do is tell wemby look at shai to show the benefits of letting the roster grow naturally then show luka to show how forcing it leads to disaster

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Shai's situation was different. He wasn't nearly as good as Wemby is now. And OKC was in a much worse spot than the Spurs are now because OKC had mortgaged everything to win with KD/Russ and then Russ/PG.

And even if the situations were the same I don't think I can in good conscious recommend that teams tank by sitting players. If there was a good way to police it I would be 100% in favor of making teams that do it pick 30th

Okc was not in a worse spot as they got all their assets the same offseason they got shai.
The spurs don't need to tank but they need more lottery talent there is zero rush to put a contender around a 19 year old

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Don't think stephs gameplan of draymond hurt the best player works on the campaign trail

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The first 2 weeks of next season will be good

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Just wait until the games actually matter 👍

He played extremely well during the finals run?????

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

The issue with the west is that it has completely removed any tension from the end of the regular season for literally any teams. There is no bubble anymore that people can theoretically fall out of. Can you imagine how interesting it would be if one of the lakers or warriors were going to miss the play in?

I just think it ultimately makes the regular season less important rather than more. All it really does is make teams that are bad not completely bottom out.

You are watching a completely different west than the rest of us lol the tension is insane

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeah he seems like a chill guy but it only feels right for the number one to actually/finally be someone who was at least mostly playing in the best league on earth

Kinda wondering how Muslim basketball players in the NBA generally perform during Ramadan. It's a weird thought but I blame Nurk.

I never noticed a dip in play with Kanter when he was a double double machine off the bench

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rick posted:

I can’t believe that guy is such a faker he manifested holes in his spine.

The sixers demand the doctors let them observe the surgery

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mean Baby posted:

Fouls are way down, especially 3 in the key, since the ASG.

https://x.com/tomhaberstroh/status/1768336445142372436?s=20

Oh so everyone gets the okc whistle now nice

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hes a coach fully extending to prevent a player who isn't aware he's there from shooting. That is dangerous and he should never do that again

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm glad zion is in good shape

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

I dunno about that but Dort's shot at least looked a lot less broken. Thompsons seem to know what to do better heading downhill than early Dort did though.

I think they have a super-Okogie/Corey Brewer kind of role in front of them which I think still exists in the NBA.

Dort went undrafted because of how broken his shot was????

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'd eat that hotdog

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm shocked a center who relies on others to get the ball is having a down year when surrounded by a team of ball hogs and a HC who doesn't know how to coach

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Papercut posted:

Sure, but nothing about this Ayton season is proving any haters wrong

Well sure but that's because the haters have warped their minds so much that he could be tim Duncan and the haters would still be acting like he's a zeller

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Papercut posted:

No it's because this is his second-worst or worst season in the NBA

Which is still pretty good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Yeah I heard it from the context that the Suns have two hof with a third maybe, and I'm like "maybe??" what

Yeah they have kd and Thad young. Booker might make it if he continues his trajectory

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What's everyone's ssn team looking like

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

temple posted:

Sabonis was humiliated last year in the playoffs and Dray saved his reputation by changing the narrative. Sabonis is in the "prove it" phase.

You think averaging a double double after getting curbstomped is being humiliated?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pentyne posted:

Assuming his involvement in some kind of rigged gambling scheme, the only outcome is a lifetime ban right? Would the Players Association even appeal?

I wouldn't be surprised if they took the opportunity as a means to fight against all the gambling money being put into the league after hearing some comments about how people treat them because they ruined their bet from players like Haliburton

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mean Baby posted:

Realistically if the Blazers had Spoelstra they might have 5 more wins? I don’t think it makes that much a difference.

Spo would have those guys high 30s easy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

Nah, but the Heat FO would never have amassed that group of guys

Yeah the heat always have a good roster
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2019.html

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

That's a better roster than the Blazers in an easier conference with high 30s. Spo isn't getting the same results with the Blazers roster/availability in the 2024 west.

The Blazers are more talented than that heat team. The warriors and rockets both currently have the amount of wins I believe spo could raise that roster too its not some impossible feat

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I like seeing the ball go in at high rate instead of a technical good rate

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

dokmo posted:

Here's a possession from January. There's something that happens in this possession that makes it special, something that only happened once in the NBA over the last ten seasons. Can you guess what is unique about it?

https://i.imgur.com/waRUCSu.mp4

Where's the 3rd ref????

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

I love when sports are Optimized and every team plays the exact same way and the only thing that determines who wins or loses a game is who makes more threes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah for sure but I was specially just eyeballing fg% to see if teams made a higher percentage of shots, since metapod said that’s what he wants (to see more shots go in, not shots with more value). Fg% was not higher in the 90s or 2000s but was higher in the 80s. I don’t think this is because of 3s

I do not care about what occurred in the eras where players are worse I want the highly skilled players of now to play the game of basketball using all 3 levels and to stop seeing 25 ft chucks with 20 seconds on the shot clock. Watching a game where 2 teams go for 40 3s sucks just as much rear end as a game where teams are at the line all game

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Daryll Morey is a basketball terrorist and I'm glad the sixers imploded under his watch for what he has done

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Panzeh posted:

The highly skilled players of today's game do in fact use all three levels, the role players just don't take poor shots any more.

No those poor shots are just further away

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

there's nothing wrong with the three point line

stop it

Correct the real enemy is Daryl Morey convincing people to play awful ball

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Celtics are just the Budenholzer hawks in green

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I'm not expecting OG to come back either tbh and they are running out of gas with the current group.

Never would have guessed this would happen to a thibs team

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

IDK how you can blame him for the Randle and OG injuries.

Because it always happens with his teams and at some point you must accept the pattern regardless of the coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Well kings you might have won if you didn't try for 60 3s