Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

$10 well-spent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

insane anime posted:

quoting from the the other thread:

Goon named McMuffin Man who was obsessed with fallout 3 and filled with hate for the world (no gf, no job, no money, etc). It was right on release, he would go out in public and pretend he was in FO3. His apartment was the vault, and he would go out on the 1st and 15th to get supplies and 'forage.' The kicker was the radiation was rap music. He hated hip hop music more than women and super mutants, so if he heard rap music he was taking RADs and had to find a new path to Dollar General. The climax of the thread was when he was stuck at the crosswalk by somone dancing to Lil Wayne's Lollipop and he collapsed to the ground in disgust/radiation overwhelmed him and he said the guy listening to it just put the boom box thing right next to his face while he was lying down and was doing that laugh lil wayne does in all his songs

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Mrbibs once posted that the Witch was a terrible movie and that the Starcraft games have better writing than Planescape torment which is a game that literally put him to sleep and he's convinced it happens to everyone and they just lie about it. He rules lol

I like old school RPGs but I found Planescape Torment to be boring as poo poo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

NoiseAnnoys posted:

updated my journal.

Paladinus posted:

Updated my journal.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

fondling Baddolf Shitler's tits and rear end

(USER'S SUBFORUM WAS CLOSED FOR THIS POST)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Planescape Torment has great gameplay like having to sink your points into intelligence so your hungover undead hobo can remember where he parked his fuckin car and then spend your time watching your party swing aimlessly at a giant rat going *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* *MISS* until you quit out of boredom

no I will not care if I wasnt playing it right back then, I was too busy putting my time into Diablo 2 😎

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

George Foreman Grill was loving clutch in a college dorm

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Chrono Trigger.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Half of Dracula posted:

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

That was a cool one but lol doesn't anyone remember the DS remake?? poo poo was a wack, poor man's imitation of a Falcom action RPG lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ogre battle 64

it's really fuckin good and the story holds up

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Lufia 2 should really be talked about more in best-of conversations, in addition to the stuff people said upthread it's got a great story, fleshed-out characters with great personalities and stories, the whole Capsule Monster thing, a straightforward but tight battle system, and killer music.

Also block puzzles! Who doesn't love block puzzles?

man gently caress a couple of those puzzles but yeah agreed, it would be cool to see it get the HD/pixel remaster treatment

hell do the first one too and add in QOL changes like not allowing your party members to attack empty voids where an enemy used to be, holy gently caress that's annoying

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Psycho Landlord posted:

Homeworld manual was the best manual of all time

There was an odd amount of depth in that universe, with all the little chapters about some of the conflicts that arise during the construction of the mothership. I think there was an rear end in a top hat religious zealot or something trying to turn the public against it and he ends up standing underneath one of the engines and gets vaporized lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MGS3D with the patch that makes it use the extra CPU power on the N3DS turned it into a great portable version of an awesome game complete with crouch walking

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

halloween ends made me so mad lol

:byodood:EVIL DIES TONIGHT

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you're posting on something awful dot com, with Jeffrey (SFX: honk-shoo, honk-shoo) and the Koos (SFX: screeching prison door swings shut)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

I love every video game bugfix that's like "it crashes the game when X does Y, and we couldn't figure out why, so we just made X stop doing Y, bing bong fixed"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I liked DQ11's battle theme but the world map theme is oddly weak, probably one of the weakest in the series

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TheMightyBoops posted:

You can switch it to the DQ 8 one in new versions.

A testament to how poor of a theme 11's is, imo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stux posted:

if this is your first answer to "i havnt played jrpgs what one should i play" you need to be put in front of a firing squad asap

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Radia posted:

dark cloud 2 was so loving good. does it hold up

It's a great game but I remember being disappointed in the ending which I haven't reached since it first came out but (slight spoiler I guess) isn't it one of those "oh wow, the real evil was actually us/in our hearts/hatred/etc the entire time!!!" sort of deals, because I remember being irritated by it but I could be thinking of something else

gently caress endings like that in general tbh

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Loved that book as a kid, and also a very similar book except on an alien planet called The Transall Saga or something like that.

The Transall Saga was cool as poo poo, loved that book as a kid. I was happy Paulsen didn't do a Brian's Winter alternate timeline thing, because the kid being transported to a shopping mall in full armor, swinging a sword around in confusion and covered in mud and poo poo was awesome

Fake edit: im not hiding spoilers for a kids book

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Remembering that time JOHN CENA/Stone Cold 64/Sting 64 talked about having the screen name "charizardscumhunter"

STING 64 posted:

i was really into mafia and pokemon back in the late 90s and my username was charizardscumhunter@aol.com it wasnt until i signed on that i immediately realized how it could be misread and i started getting flamed in the america online chatrooms i begged my mom to let me change my name but she told me that sometimes we have to live with our poor life choices

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmfao I love this place

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

having a mild panic attack at where to set the "gay <------------------> straight" slider in the new account creation screen

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmfao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Martman posted:

they're called jawns

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dragon’s Wawa

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

i got a refund because it didn't call me gay enough

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Violen posted:

*a month late to an empty room* hey... ff7 rebirth is sick

Me after waiting three years for the PC port

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Me: I am not gay! I have dialogue with women. And quests with men.

Pawn: I bring dire word, Arisen. You bed with men.

Me:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Valko posted:

No, I don't have to introduce myself to new neighbours. But maybe one day I'll knock on your door and introduce your head to your rear end... or someone else's.

I've also updated that thread with something that should keep a gossip monger like yourself busy for a while. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YylCjpUfrKg

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ilmucche posted:

Fae pronouns kid is also the destiny slurs kid

That slur came from the moon

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

Some individuals have cited concerns over inciting the anger of the fae themselves; however, it is frequently understood that the fae do not in fact like being called "the fae" and prefer "the fair folk" or another alternative, and thus generally do not care about humans using "fae" as pronouns.

what in the world

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stux posted:

someone unban this mf already. Christ.

this

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

I was an extremely serious child and asked my parents for a Sega Game Gear because it had the best review in Zillions, the kid version of Consumer Reports. This was... an error.

At least Columns is a good game.

lol do you also call your parents by their first names

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Al! posted:

i "played" a lot of this "game"

oh my god man, my brother and I were in a CompUSA in the 90s--I wanted to buy The Depths of Doom Trilogy, as we only had the shareware version of Doom 1 like everybody else I knew, our Doom 2 copy was a lovely :filez: copy from one of my dad's friends that was completely unreliable to install so we wanted a real version for the longest time, and the Master Levels was just more Doom

my brother, however, really wanted Virtual Springfield, which was puzzling because we were both deep into games at the time

my dad has us flip a coin, my brother calls heads, and wins

still holding on to that gamer grudge to this day

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

super gameboy ftw

finding one of these at a yard sale for something absurd like $10-15 when they were still relatively new was, however, one my brother's shining gamer achievements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Clutcha Pearl