Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Node posted:

I hate streamers and content creators, I'm sick of seeing their stupid overexaggerated faces spamming my youtube feed, and I will do nothing but throw those obnoxious assholes off the nearest cliff at every opportunity.

Arisen sucked me off??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

They better have readily available consumables or a tactic like 'there's a core/segment that can be smashed to kill it" if they're gonna throw in the dumbest of d&disms like relatively common physical resistance or immunity.

DD1 was great about making martial classes really fun. "lol this is immune to your attacks" is anti-fun.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nuebot posted:

DD1 had your pawns be really good about buffing your weapons with magic and I plan to make mine good at it again if I can

Yeah and the game had multiple ways to take down most foes. I don't see them whiffing on something like that after they did it right the first time. I vaguely recall the haunted forest being the one area where you had to fight stuff immune to physical in the main story, but the area was also meant to be menacing and you could sneak and run to avoid the wraiths.

I still want DD's combat style with actual multiplayer, but I understand some limit to the scope and improved pawn AI can go a long way to shoring that up.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mr. Baps posted:

Trickster looks cool but it seems like it's going to depend really heavily on how competent pawns are, both in general and the particular crew you have. I want to try it out but not as much as I want to try Spearhand, or Warrior, or Sorcerer, or...

:ironicat:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jack Trades posted:

You could also...just walk away from the thing you can't kill?
The game is relatively slow and the one time I couldn't reasonably kill something in DD1, I just walked away and came back later.

And 99% of the time you could do that in DD1 but there was a setpiece I remember where a convergence of a surprise monster, the game's autosave feature, the inventory management system, a status effect you hadn't seen yet, and the game disabling fleeing for that fight could've hosed you over and made you use your last manual save -which hopefully hadn't been too long before the surprise fight.

DD1 also leaned heavily into martial characters being awesome, so Capcom definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt there, but it's completely reasonable for people to raise an eyebrow at that tweet.

Bussamove posted:

As long as I don’t have to babysit inclinations again I’ll be happy. That was a pain.

I’m sure it’s been asked multiple times, but do we have an idea what stat growth per level is like in 2? I bounce around vocations a lot and I know that somewhat gimps you in the first.
I've seen it mentioned the stat growth vocation thing isn't gonna be an issue this time.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Vintersorg posted:

Can you sorta just stumble through DD1? I am playing through it on PS5 since its including in the middle tier and just sorta wacking my way through things. Missing lock on after being conditioned on it for so long.

Yeah, there are a few minor sidestory details that you might miss depending on if you let certain NPCs die or choices you won't get to make if you advance the story without stumbling onto sidequests, but you can 100% beat the main game with very little difficulty. The game is actually pretty short, but has some neat NG+ ad postgame content that builds on details.

Two spoilers related to mechanics in DD1 if you wanna go in blind.
1. This is just a metagame-y under the hood thing, so only read it if you plan to play the game exactly once, but I'll still try to be vague At one point the dragon will kidnap 'your beloved' which is the NPC with the most affection for you. Doing quests for them, gifting, and talking to an NPC is what raises this. Certain NPCs go away after certain points or will die based on your choices, so if you really want to have a specific character be your beloved double check your last shot for that. This is also why there are memes about certain seemingly random characters being the Arisen's true love.

2. The actual time some design stuff converges in a bad way that could lock you into a gameover is (vague version) When you'll be summoned back to the main city late in the story due to a surprise attack. Make sure to manual save before you enter the gates or don't teleport inside there when that happens.
(Specific version): a cockatrice is part of an attack on the lower ward, this may be the first time you encounter the petrification status effect which after a few ticks is an automatic death. Only a few specific items or late progression spells remove this and not the generic clear debuffs one.

In general the game is good about signposting points of no return, or if something big storywise will happen though. The worst you'll usually be left with is not getting to see some extra dialogue or maybe a spare npc or merchant is gone for that playthrough.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 20, 2024

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sloober posted:

i personally did not expect a video game monster to specifically get horny at your party so i had a good chuckle when that happened

It's a Berserk reference. They're directly modeled on the rape trolls. In DD1 they focused on female characters, and their butts and cheek turned bright pink if they saw one.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Has there been any word on whether they've decoupled stats from sliders this time?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mulva posted:

Like the hilarious thing is it is a Souls-like....thematically. They are both drawing from a lot of the same influences of Western themed fantasy [Which includes Berserk, which both games draw a lot from], and not to get into spoilers for people that didn't play the first one but they are also dealing with similar ideas on the nature of the world. There is a lot you could talk about there.....

....but no loving way the A.V. Club of all places has a writer that is willing to take the nine seconds to actually understand the material to make those comparisons.
Yeah the parallels I'd see are ones that dummy absolutely isn't aware of and they're thematic and story stuff -not so much gameplay.
They compared a game where dying meant you had to reload to Dark Soul's deaths, so I'm 100% sure they're not talking about the lore implications of cyclical heroe's journeys and moral grey zones.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Really tempted to play as Colin Robinson now after playing around in the character editor.
Do you think the wolves can be tamed with updog?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Khanstant posted:

Mine was horrifying, it was the Witch from the woods who IIRC was not an adult. I reloaded an old save and redid the end sections in a different way to get a different beloved, which ended up being Fournival. Not the best but could be much much worse so he was also my second and third arisen loves.

She's actually one of the good ones (lore wise). Spoiler for a decade old game:
The dead witch was actually an Arisen. She's the witch's pawn reincarnated in a copy of the witch's idealized body grappling with having agency of her own. Much like what happens with your pawn in NG+.
Of course that makes it even creepier, because it's not just the "10,000 year old demon in a teen body," it also has "she was previously a slave non-person with 0 willpower or sense of self, now in the teen body of their creator.

I wound up with the annoying big tiddy merchant lady because she was the main merchant I used while she was wandering and I played after the patch that reduced the merchant and innkeeper interaction affection, but didn't seem to reduce the questline stuff. I was trying for not-Casca or Festus, womp womp.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Yeah, I think her arc was neat, especially with where the game goes. It was just less cool if you didn't cheese some metagame elements you risked getting a childbride or evil ending by completing her questline.
While I'm sad they reduced your ability to make hobbit sized arisen and pawns, removing kids was absolutely a good idea, especially with how moddable RE engine is.

E: on performance chat, I think part of it is also subjective. At one extreme some folks are okay as long as you don't dip down to Blighttown fps too often in combat, others are call games unplayable garbage if the number in the debug overlay drops below 100, and most folks are somewhere between there.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 21, 2024

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Added my thief to the pawn list, since they're so rare. Is the oawn AI better about using their moves this time around? I remember the rogue equivalent rarely did any of the melee tricks in dd1, so I wound up usually only giving my pawn a bow and bow skills. This time around I've been focusing on the buffs like setting their blades on fire and reduced aggro firsr before cool moves, just in case.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

big nipples big life posted:

that fuckin guy...

I carried his rear end all the way to the entrance and realized I can't climb out while carrying him so I carried his rear end all the way to the other end which of course a dead end. That is when I figured out if you put him down he just follows as normal and he can climb just fine

He's a faker!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Pwnstar posted:

I got the Trickster Augment that lets you detect Seeker's Tokens and boy those things are everywhere.

How far is the range on that? Because they already show up on your minimap as little !'s. Or does it outline them in your vision?

Jack Trades posted:

I keep losing pawns without noticing it.
I think they keep slipping and falling into the water and the game doesn't even point it out to you when it happens.

Yeah, I've also had beefy pawns just get wrecked by the goblin combo of throwing tar, fire, and then suicide rushing with a powder keg.
Some of the combos the AI pulls off rule. Pawns also can die from certain drops that won't even hurt you much -or else fall damage also relies on some wonky physics or is multiplied if you do the stagger on the edge animation vs just jumping off.

Also someone earlier asked about dodging, the thief and fighter at least both can learn actual moves that dodge.

The game really feels like just an iteration of the first in the best ways possible, with all of the random stuff you find in the wild. The weirdest encounter I've found so far was a ghost oxcart at night. It was just walking the road and seemed like a normal cart from a distance, but when I got closer I saw the colors were off and it disappeared in a puff of ghost mist. .

Also for folks worried about npcs dying to random stuff screwing you; there's a crypt in the capitol cities where dead people go and you can wakestone them there. I've never killed a civilian or seen a fight that did, but somehow there's already 2 corpses in there.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I have seen this but there do also seem to be hidden timers as well, mild spoilers for a quest I apparently failed without even knowing it existed:

If it's like DD1 stuff like that might be less timers and more story progression. Since DD1 had a few of those "X quest only appears until you make it to the soldier camp/main city/other milestones. There were one or two times the story directly said "hey wrap up anything you need to before turning in this quest" but there were also a few you could just quietly progress past, or where another choice locked you out of them.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Also I'm pretty sure at least 1 of these is true
A. Ps5 performance is better than some PCs folks are playing on,
B. The city gets worse the more npcs you've interacted with or otherwise has some condition that triggers worse performance,
C. Players are whiney babies,

Because honestly even in the main city at night stuff hasn't seemed that bad. There's definitely a performance hit, and it seems to drop to 20-30 fps when the camera wheels around in certain directions, but I'm not seeing the sort of "this is unplayable or really bad on the eyes" I was expecting.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jack Trades posted:

There, I found it for you.

Right, I said it's possible they're whiney babies

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Phlegmish posted:

Your Master gets turned into a literal pulp and that's all you have to say?

I made her Calm but I fear I may have created a monster
Yeah I'm increasingly reading my calm pawn as catty and I love it.

Playing some more I also think I agree that combat is a little bit of a downgrade from DD1.
When not on completely flat surfaces The terrain blocks and interferes with your movements in weird ways -but doesn't do the same for mobs. Similarly the game seems to give priority to their attacks or is more generous about counting their hits or staggering you, while even wolves and goblins rarely flinch from my sword attacks as fighter.
Or maybe it's just fighter that uniquely gets shafted, and if I swap vocations I'll able to stab stuff good. I just love sword and board, and it sucks mystic knight is gone, but then again it wasn't like they actually used their giant gently caress-off shields.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 24, 2024

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Hel posted:

Might be talking out of my rear end, but stagger might be based on knockdown power, which is higher on blunt weapons, switching my warrior from Sword to Warhammer made be stagger pretty much anything except dragons and gryphons. I want to say the tool tip says fighter can have maces, though I haven't seen one yet. And goblins etc. are just using clubs which are as blunt as can be.

I've noticed wolves, bandits with swords and a bunch of other stuff also don't flinch from my attacks while I get staggered by theirs even in plate, but yeah if I see a 1 handed mace I'll see if that fixes it.

Blegh I also had a quest bug out and block saving. They were walking up to me when I used a camp and now they're just gone. I'd just accept that's one quest I won't finish, except now both save options are greyed out. I'm still prompted to report back that I rescued them, but the quest giver won't trigger it. I think the game has the logic of either the npc needs to die or walk back to town and neither happened.

E: ah ha! I found out save/quit was disabled because I got blighted, so curing that let me restart. NPC is still missing and the quest won't finish, but at least I can move on.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 24, 2024

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jack Trades posted:

Raising affinity to max with someone disables the ability to throw them.

But it's my love language!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nemo2342 posted:

What skills are good to put on a Thief pawn? I'd like her to be useful to people who borrow her.

My thief pawn uses explosive charges, ensnare, and the fire damage self buff a lot and they're very helpful -but I'm playing a fighter so really like elemental damage and tugging poo poo outta the air.
A ranger or caster might find all of that less useful. I've never equipped the stealth skills on her, so don't know if those actually get used or not.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Considering you can just quit and reload and incure 0 penalty I hope they patch out the extra wound penalty for reloading from a game over. The only design space I could see it filling is telling the player "ok you've bashed your head against this fight 6 times and haven't figured out you're not ready for it yet. Will taking away your max HP until you leave send the message?"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Game is about embracing mistakes and rolling with the punches. It’s a choice to make dying actually punishing and it’s honestly a cool handicap that teaches you to be better (because dying isn’t fun!). If this genuinely bothers you this much wait a week or so and there will be a mod to outright remove the penalty or let you heal your max health back outside of camp (I expect the latter to come first). REFramework has been updated for the game so I expect the modding scene to take off properly now.

Like this game punishes you in all sorts of ways. Quests will outright fail and go away if you take too long in one area, you can lock yourself out of content by focusing on other content. How you prioritize your time and explore / play the game is a big part of it.

If that was the point of the death penalty it's extremely poorly implemented and fails to convey that information to the player. 99% of the time it just creates busywork with 0 meaningful change in your game. Though I guess there's the corner case of "-you're on a timed mission, and going back and resting will fail the quest!"

For example they probably should have had more quests and the world itself progress in the death failstate, not implemented manual saving outside of when you quit -and not included the option to quit without saving- or reduced the ease of pause screen healing and quitting on death to reload in the exact same spot without penalty.

Having swapped over to warrior, it doesn't suffer from the same problems fighter has with flinching and terrain. I like sword and board, but man twohander unga bunga seems almost to be a direct upgrade, I never get flinched out of my attacks, and I'm doing massive damage.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

LibbyM posted:

does current vocation change what stat gains you get on level up? And if so, does switching vocation retroactively change all those previous stat gains to match what they'd be if you'd always been the new one?

Right now we don't know the math, except it doesn't appear to work like dd1. Swapping vocations changes your stats to fit your new vocation. Some dataminers have said there's some degree of holdover, so you might get to some situation where you're not minmaxed perfectly, but so far there doesn't seem to be the equivalent of "you need to play as X vocation for half your levels if you want to be good at Y vocation," or situations where you had to be careful about leveling up too much on the wrong vocation when your end goal is playing a hybrid.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Thundarr posted:

I went with Barrage and Keen Sight and their upgrades. The first will basically one shot weak enemies with no fuss, and the later is ok for opening a fight with a sniper shot. I switched to mage after maxing archer, or I'd have swapped Spiral in for Barrage.

So if I'm understanding pawn quests right, I could, say, offer 15k for a ferrystone and go afk for a few days, and as long as I'm not unlucky I could come back to a dozen ferrystones for paying 15k once. Or if I'm unlucky only one person gives one to my pawn and I basically blew a decent chunk of money.

I believe it's only the first. Otherwise yeah this would be the infinite duplication trick when everyone turned 1 backpack beetle into infinite beetles for anyone who rested 3 times at campfires.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Everdraed posted:

logistician is just great if you have a general overabundance of quinces... but I personally try to avoid it, maybe it's nice if ya don't wanna think about inventory in general but still get some additional benefit and dig the notion of pawns having more capabilities?

and yeah each specialization tome is a single 'turn specialization to this' consumable, nothing further, only use them if you want that specialization going forward as you'd need another tome to go back to the previous one ya had. I don't like it! at the very least it could be made more clear

It would be better if it only used up stuff in its own inventory, I don't like that every time I've recruited a logistician pawn it's burned through stuff like fresh fruit and herbs to make 50 salubrious draughts.
Though I guess if you had a logistician, a gatherer and a chuirgeon they could just be an engine of making then using up basic healing supplies as you march and you could potentially go without a mage to heal you.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

You installed mods to make combat more interesting -pretty much the only thing in those vast treks from point A to B- why are you this hostile to someone who wants more stuff in the wilderness?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

johnny park posted:

I don't really find this take believable. If this were the case then why can you pay a literal pittance to ride in a barely-guarded oxcart from town to town? From how you're describing it that's tantamount to suicide and yet these drivers seem glad enough to do it day after day

Maybe it's so cheap because you're heavily armed, the bigger the group the less likely monsters and bandits are to attack -and if they do you're extra targets. You're paying to be their security and the trade off is you get to ride on a cart that moves slower than you, but they'll let you nap along the trip.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 26, 2024

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

ImpAtom posted:

People in the real world take on horrible, risky and dangerous jobs in order to earn the money needed to survive.

Yeah, I remember seeing someone say "the brine makes no sense! It means fishing is dangerous, but every fisherman and fishing village we see is so poor. That's just not believable" itt and I just thought ":allears: Oh honey,"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Thundarr posted:

Lol at players actively making one of the Sphinx riddles obnoxious by making dozens of pawns named Sphinxparent and giving them high rankings, so it's hard as poo poo to find the actual pawn you need to hire.

Ah, I was just wondering if all of those were some pop culture reference I didn't get

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

turn off the TV posted:

he barged into a random building and started telling me all about the evil guy when i hadn't even talked to the wife and then he hosed off again lol

Same here, literally just plowed into another house to tell me. So then I went to the watchhead's house and his wife wasn't there to tell me. I randomly talked to a noble who turned out to be her on my way out of the noble district, and had to talk to her twice to start the quest.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shyrka posted:

I generally just hold onto the arrows myself and whenever a giant enemy appears I slide ten into my pawn's inventory and tell them to go hog wild.

The triple dip of the special arrows needing skills that cost exp to buy, seperate buttons per shot type and ammo is such a doofy design choice.
Should have been a single button with tap to swap, hold to fire, or press outside of aim mode to swap, shoot in aim mode to fire the special arrow and no ammo.

If they were married to special ammo as a resource, there shouldn't have been the button and exp cost. Just toggle using special arrows through the item menu.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

George Sex - REAL posted:

It seems that affinity decays because my beloved was the last idiot I took on a walk (rear end in a top hat wizard) and not by beautiful Disa, who I spent the first half of the game giving flowers to

There's a loadscreen tool tip that says it does decay.
Though I only just now realized other than first booting the game up or after teleporting this game has 0 loadscreens. That's pretty cool.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Broken Cog posted:

Honestly, I can see where you're coming from, and I'll readily admit that my main gripe with the game has to do with the low challenge, and lack of an endgame, so maybe my vision didn't line up with the devs'.
However, I also feel the game fails at setting up a truly emergent world, mainly because of the dire enemy variety, and the simple and dull dungeons.
The only enemy I felt created truly emergent scenarios was the gryphon. It's disruptive and dangerous, and you often don't see it before it's on top of you. Not to mention that it could take you for a ride, literally, to the other side of the map.
The cyclops, on the other hand, almost always went the same way. They even teased that "cyclops bridge" as a thing before launch, and I saw that exactly once, in a place that would have taken me 10 seconds to go around anyway.

Meh, just feels like a whole lot of wasted potential, that's ended up with an overall middling game when we could have had something great.

So Dragon's Dogma.
I think your critiques are absolutely valid, but the game is an iteration of the first, with many improvements, I can't think of anywhere DD2 stumbles that DD1 did better than it,
They did a great job of doing everything 1 did right, but better and I think that's where a lot of the goodwill from goons is coming from.

Other than the endgame the expansion added, layered armor, and the berserk stuff, there's nothing I can even say I liked more in 1.

The feature I most want to see in 3 is more stuff out in the world, whether by hemming in and making the map smaller and more deliberate or juat going bananas adding more detail to a giant map.
There's a few cool quests, npcs, or stuff like "fire the weapon emplacement to open a new path" sprinkled in the world, or dynamic events like an npc asking for an escort or mentioning someone who needs saving but not enough to justify the huge map.

DD1 felt like a little less than half a game built around an ambitious skeleton and fun combat, DD2 feels like 60% of one built on an even better framework.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jack Trades posted:

Wait...there's a system that gives Pawns new scars over time?
Because I just saw a mod to disable it.

Yeah when dying at least has a chance for them to gain a scar that will either fade with time or can be removed by using the hotspring on volcanic isle

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nuebot posted:

But then I can't use blink strike, the air strike, circular slash and gouging strike or whatever its called. :shepface:

Blink strike feels inferior to shield bash, since the 2nd upgrade at least has a decent distance charge attached. The shield spin also feels like an upgrade to sword spin due to the escape from being flinched. Both do less damage, but damage isn't the fighter's strongpoint.
Warrior definitely feels like it was designed better, since it gets a ton of flinch resist on its moves.

Going back to my armchair dev ideas, I think fighter should be nearly uninterruptible, or every shield button should have the 'break flinch' attribute. Warrior should also get a small self heal from the second-wind ability. This would encourage you to trade and enable a mage free tank class that would feel less like a full upgrade over fighter, both could be tanks with different feels. As is warrior feels almost like a straight upgrade.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Professor Beetus posted:

Now I'm thinking about dragons age origins and how it literally had a quest marker with an NPC who would tell you that you needed to purchase the dlc for their quest lol

And that would be classified as story dlc/an expansion, not mtx by most criteria lol

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Broken Cog posted:

This is the sword Brant leaves at your door if you get high affection with him, which you should just by doing the main quests.
Better than anything you'll see before Bakbattahl at least, looks cool too

You get the same sword and a matching shield if you save the guardhead from being cucked to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Professor Beetus posted:

Thank you I am aware of that. I was contrasting the intrusiveness and pointing out that it could be much worse. And also that was just really funny.

Right, I'm just emphasizing how silly and intrusive that was, and that it wouldn't fit the definition of mtx, while the dd2 stuff for sale is so harmless and unintrusive is getting "well, it's still technically mtx so it's cancerous and really drags the game down on principle."