Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Between travel (gas, vehicle, chains, racks, etc), equipment, clothes, and passes snow sports have pretty much always been expensive as gently caress unless you're basically a townie and live at the bottom of the slope and get all the local discounts. Yeah, you used to be able to go up and ride halfway decent resorts for 20-40 bucks and now the same spots are all literally $110-160 for a single day, but you still had to have all the other poo poo. It sucks because snow sports are fun as hell but also price out a bunch of people who otherwise might love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Shanghaied posted:

I mean maybe it's just a Scandi thing, but you can very much still find smaller resorts where the lift pass is like $20-30, and equipment hire cost like another $30 a day?

Our public school used to do ski trips one or two times a year. The school paid for the three-hour buss ride, and the families paid for everything else, and it was like $30-40 if you didn't have your own skis. Everyone had a packed lunch and snacks.

Yeah definitely not the same in the US, at least California. Even season passes aren't a deal - just looked at pricing for a few spots in Tahoe and unrestricted adult season passes are going between $1-1.7k. Absolutely brutal.

reignonyourparade posted:

TBH I think "being the skiing capitol of the country" makes that specific metric WORSE, not that I think other parts of the country are anywhere near scandinavia tier, because you become "the place where the rest of the country flies for a ski vacation."

kind of this, but generally if a place has enough mountains and enough snow then you get some chill local spots that are like, 1-3 chairs and a couple rope tows where you can go gently caress around on the cheap, and if you want better lines you can go hike for your turns or randonee. Then again the latter demands some skill and know-how, and again, if you're having to get all the gear and do all the travel and everything else to do so it takes some cash and effort.

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 4, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Oh, I hate getting killed by the ducks after this chain.

Op should have known not to gently caress with the ducks, rip

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
He should buy a good set of calipers & take careful measurements of his grandfathers skull so he can find out if he comes from superior genetic stock

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Larry Cum Free posted:

In which a man contemplates staying with the worst human being imaginable: (bolding mine)

I (28m) highly considering ending my 7 year relationship with my (26f) gf. Looking for advice

WHAT ARE HER BAD YEARS GOING TO BE LIKE??? :psyduck:

need to go find one of those magical dicks for that magical pussy

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I asked a witch doctor for relationship advice and all I got was this loving song stuck in my head.

https://youtu.be/GSoQDaXh144?si=XxOECyyesfjsF9qX

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Shanghaied posted:

AITA, for renaming my niece and nephew?

The children's names were Jezebel and Cujo

I think you mean little Jezebel and her brother, the Pnhound of Baskervilles

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Shanghaied posted:

Australian motorsport fans screamed bloody murder when they limited the amount of alcohol you can bring to the Bathurst 1000 race to 24 cans of beer or 4 litres of wine per person per day.

4 liters is the equivalent of 5.3 normal bottles (750ml) btw

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I just ate lunch, my lawyer says I need to wait at least 30 more minutes before I get divorced to avoid any cramps

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Hughlander posted:

My roommate ate my beans so I went to his Baldur Gate Three game and threw every item of his inventory down a cliff, and saved over his prior saves?

Didn’t we learn during the pandemic you should never jeopardize the beans?

Can confirm that Rancho Gordo does have some really good beans, nta

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Mx. posted:

Just get better at sex

sorry, once you sex you can never change it. the only answer is to cut all ties, move to another state, and try to sex better with your next fiancee

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Deified Data posted:

Talking about your partner's sex life with friends without their consent is instant acid vat

If you’re just gossiping with whoever then sure, but if you’re talking about relationship stuff with a close friend/confidant?? As long as it isn’t the kind of close friend who immediately blabs all your poo poo to everyone I think it’s fine; people should be able to have outlets for that sort of thing.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If anyone told me "my wife is a lousy gently caress" I'd not want them to talk to me ever again.

K?

Would you cut them out if they wanted to talk about other deeply personal relationship issues they were having with their wife? “Yeah it’s been hard lately, I feel like a lot of the trust in our marriage isn’t there any more and it’s a real struggle” “Sorry bro, I told you. Blocked”

Of course this all assumes a friendship that’s deep enough that you can talk about difficult things with the person, but given that why would sex be off-limits? Seems kind of prudish to me. And sure, these are things you should talk with your actual partner about but a lot of the time talking about it with someone else first makes that conversation a lot easier. Except only with your therapist if it’s about sex I guess, anyone else is apparently a terrible breach of trust.

Like no poo poo, if you walk into the bar and you yell out, “Hey bros, my girlfriend gives the worst head I’ve had in my life” you’re an rear end in a top hat. That’s a little different than “We’ve been friends for 15 years, I need to talk about some stuff that’s been on my mind, is that cool?” though. I’m not really talking about the original post, I’m responding to posts like yours that are basically “Sex talk?! Acid vat.”

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh btw, I forgot to mention that he's actually a perfect partner and potential father, and only has a deap-seated resentment of women because he's TOO caring

No, no, it isn’t a deep-seated resentment of women he simply believes that all women are adulterous hoes it’s totally different

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

ZombieCrew posted:

I feel that if she has a serious conversation with him about it, he will reveal to her that he meant it in jest and its only all the other women that need paternity tests and not her. "Naw baby, I didnt really mean you too!"

He’s just a prankster who can’t resist a funny joke

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I would posit that actually, it is not a good thing to use your kid as a therapy dog for a mom having a hard time

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Yeah my kids would hate being spoiled by a grateful aunt.

She’s not looking to spoil a beloved niece, she’s looking for a replacement kid so she can pretend to be a normal mom. Again, it isn’t a kid’s job to be therapy for someone’s messed up life. And when the kid’s actual mom is like “yeah no I’m not letting that family member near my kid unsupervised” maybe that’s not a person you want to go have Mother’s Day tea with anyways

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

artsy fartsy posted:

AITAH For asking for a divorce after my husband confessed on TikTok live that he loved another woman.

I’m imagining this husband as some 78-yo attack of the cooters hayseed, drunk as a skunk in the barn/tool shed/storm cellar & it’s beautiful

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think the aunt should take that daughter to the American girl doll cafe with her new boyfriend and order a lot of crab cakes

You know what they say, give a girl an American Doll crab cake and she’s crabbed for the day, but teach a girl to sneak her way into the American Doll Cafe using someone else’s daughter and she’s crabby for life

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

atomicdream posted:

It sounds like to me that this might have been a specific Mother's Day event to me, and if so - gently caress that aunt. If it were just a random day, I could understand maybe, but she should accept that the OP's daughters aren't dolls too be played with when she needs a break.

Pro-tip for people hung up on the Mother’s Day thing: it’s still hosed up on not-mothers-day lol

I think we’re at the point where everyone agrees that parentifying kids is a bad thing, right? So why is reverse-parentifying your kid any better?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Maybe those millennial parents could afford therapy for their disturbed child if they weren't buying so many avocados

do you have any idea how many avocados horses eat??!

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

A classic other party shows up in the comments one

Lmao this is an old one (can’t remember if updates are newer) but “you too, leave now” is still so fuckin lol

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
AFAIK comps are usually pretty clear so it’s on the dad if he wasn’t clear about what the son could order. Also gently caress that place for no employee/performer discount even if dinner and 15 drinks or whatever is excessive

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

litany of gulps posted:

Ahh, so your family had money. You are correct, that allows you to get away with things that poor kids don't.

Ahh, so your family had money. You are correct, that allows you to get away with things that poor kids don't.

Excellent points, I see why everyone was all so wrong when they said that bad teachers who power trip over &/or outright abuse neurodivergent kids in their class are not good. Carry on, teachers! Teach those kids a lesson they won't forget!

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

mystes posted:

This is something I could theoretically imagine myself doing but because of that I would never leave the room while filling the sink.

pretty much this, I've definitely ruined a pot + burner before by steaming some artichokes and forgetting about it while doing other stuff, and so now if I'm cooking something I either stay in the kitchen the whole time & read a book while I wait for like, the rice to boil, or set a timer, or both. Even if you're filling the entire sink it takes like what, 5 minutes max? just look at your phone for 5 minutes dummy

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

sullat posted:

I was present at 2 out of 3 of my kid's births and it wasn't so bad. Hospital wifi was a little slow and the food service was mediocre but there was a good Indian restaurant across the street.

Birth rating: 1.5/5 crushed ballsacks

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
07:32 - finding myself - some italian strange edit

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I want a divorce because you keep forcing me to be a huge piece of poo poo, and it’s making me look bad. I can’t live with this abuse any longer

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Also lol at the constant “my b-cup wife looks like a flat-chested boy!!!!” poo poo, what a fuckin weirdo

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

AKA Pseudonym posted:

AITA for kicking out my wife's friend for saying that I am disgusting for feeding each other food with our hands?

What are the chances this couple was 100% like, lady & the tramping a pork chop before they started food-related foreplay with dessert in front of their friend

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

the holy poopacy posted:

Holy poo poo, I don't know if I ever saw that update. I guess good on their dad for putting his foot down about this bullshit.

You misread - the dad thought it was so funny he'd punish the kids if they weren't happy about the present

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Mordiceius posted:

:siren: NEW UPDATE :siren:

(Update) AITAH for divorcing my wife for getting a reduction?

ugh, i hope this is an exercise in trolling or something cause this guy is a huge piece of emotional abusing poo poo

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITA for abandoning my boyfriend in Disney World after he threw a tantrum about a park map?

Disney adult who started dating an 18 yo when he was 26, fuckin superbarf

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

FMguru posted:

Cake-eating, but not the r\cakeeater kind:

AITA for refusing to apologize to my friend after she ate my birthday cake?

The mental image of Carly just angrily going to town on that boxed-up cake when no one was looking to get back at OP, and then somehow trying to turn that into a reason for OP to apologize to her, is sending me.

Party sub guy has finally found his dream woman

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
lol it doesnt affect a large amount of people, it potentially affects 8% of the US population, many of whom don't own a cellphone out of choice let alone eat at QR code restaurants in the scary city. this isnt a class issue anymore, this isn't really a thing anymore. And when Meemaw and Peepaw finally come out of the holler to buy a sandwich I'm sure someone will be able to help them

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

mystes posted:

That's really confusing, but I guess mainly because the OP intentionally described the situation poorly in the first post?

It sounds close to embezzlement but I guess if the company provides a fixed amount that's supposed to cover the estimated amount for transportation and other expenses, rather than reimbursing the actual amount, maybe it's not actually?

It’s maybe technically not quite fraud but I’m pretty sure that if I pulled the same kind of thing (directly using company funds on a non-approved, cheaper service when a company-approved service was available) in any of my professional workplaces I’d have been walked out the door the day after, let alone doing any of the other stuff he did. He’s lucky he still has a job, period

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

DreamingofRoses posted:

AITA for replacing everything of mine my wife breaks or damages with money from our joint budget.

maybe her long-con is "accidentally" feeding him enough teflon to give him cancer i guess?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITA if I get angry on my husband because he woke me up from my sleep?
Today afternoon after completing all my houseworks and doing my editing work

holy hell I hope it’s like, video editing otherwise fuckin OOF

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Check her loads, op. She says she’s been taking a lot of extra zinc but the proof is in the pudding, and if she isn’t blasting ropes then who is???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Hughlander posted:

Aiw for not being okay with some creepy guy having access to my soon to be stepdaughter and being angry at my fiancé for allowing it?

It’s like the inverse stepchild DNA guy. This guy has been posting on half a dozen subreddits and getting poo poo on all of them. His delusion is strong and I feel so bad for the kid having a poo poo mom.

lol this dude sounds like way more of a fuckin creep than not-bio-dad