Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
I love voting and love to vote. might vote for Trump 9 or 15 times this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

rip to the 3 interns the gingriches consumed

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

great idea Herr Biden let's make sure you clarify the president has authority to do that 5 minutes before you hand off power to trump, the !!!! Fascist !!!!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Automata 10 Pack posted:

oh, so it's only cool when matt did it on hell of presidents

no there's a 3 hour shane gillis and louis ck rate every president in order that is also cool

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

docbeard posted:

The United States is also facing the election of a genocidal rapist fascist, but with typical American extravagance, they have two of them

https://i.imgur.com/ikiuNA3.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ZCFLIBC.mp4https://i.imgur.com/MH57dWX.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/fsVWV4A.mp4

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Excelzior posted:

what Plato didn't understand is that the cave rules

little dude chained up watching the shadows dancing on the wall but also able to stand up and shout MCDONALDS like in the future interactive commercials patent ftw

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I believe it was the original take, by the people doing it.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

donald trump weaponizing genocide joe like lyin ted im going to die

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

mcmagic posted:

I don't think the president has real any ability to control inflation. Trump cut taxes for rich people which is inflationary and prices and interest rates were lower. Biden cut the COVID era safety net and still got higher prices and rates. He does deserve to lose because of Gaza though.

wow!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

long version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUx9DnQUkA

(i dont generally recommend lindsay ellis btw this is her only genuinely good video as far as i can tell)

short version

so stockholm syndrome as you may or may not know is the psychological theory that kidnapped people become sympathetic to their captors the theorys kind of bullshit (it almost certainly owes its legitimacy solely to patty hearst using it as a criminal defense) but its nonetheless on the surface level very applicable to the story of beauty and the beast because everyone knows that belle is taken captive by beast and falls in love with him and there was a time when stockholm syndrome was this cool hip thing that all the smart people know about hence how this became a cool edgy critique of this childrens cartoon

if you remember anything that actually happens in the movie of course it very quickly falls apart belle heroically offers herself in exchange as a hostage for her father whose original crime is not in dispute additionally the ambiguity of beasts character is like the whole driver of the second act by the end of which its clearly established that hes not terrifying people on purpose because he has asides where he expresses remorse and regrets over his overreaction and lack of self control and its also pretty clearly implied he has issues with self hatred and only agrees to the exchange at all because he knows his servants are also on the hook for the curse

the disney remake removes the asides under the assumption that theyre stockholm syndromesque conditioning but this toxically affects beast because now instead of showing belle the library because he has a eureka moment on his lonesome and realizes shed probably like the library and he wants to do something nice for her instead the idea and the introduction happen in the same scene so he just looks like a pimp showing off consequently belle also doesnt teach him how to read in the live action version because women teaching men to do things is sexist so instead hes just a jackass whos already smugly just as good at reading as she is

the bigger broader failure of the live action version that it turns the townspeople into sympathetic characters by also making them victims of the curse this completely changes the tone of the final act from gaston being a charismatic demagogue whipping the crowd into a kneejerk frenzy to him just being a weird...kindof...guy??? who noone really even likes all that much which is very much against the tone of the original which very unsubtly emphasizes that men should be judged according to their motivations not their competency in projecting a good public image which doesnt necessarily have anything to do with whether theyre actually a good person this was a very common third wave feminist idea and you can really see how the fourth wave shifted the conversation that this became toxic but that having gastons sidekick be gay (maybe???) is enough to make him sympathetic too when as gastons hype man hes arguably even more dangerous than gaston himself

twitter size version

https://twitter.com/embernic/status/1773069759996719277

been saying this

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

unless it's problematic in which case I never fucken said poo poo

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Al! posted:

my only question is who slid into whose dms first

she was married to eddie van halen iirc lol what an arc

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

we're all gonna die :)

been saying this

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

VitalSigns posted:

The captain caused an international incident because he insisted on bringing his dog to sensitive diplomatic negotiations with an alien race and it peed on their sacred bush.

I don't think it's as bad as everyone says but making the captain an idiot didn't do it any favors.

oh cmon vitalsigns I think we've all been there

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

we love turmp like his supporters

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

we posted the manifesto in the epstein thread and it got emptyquoted like a dozen times. I think he was a smart dude.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

been saying this

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

i mean it is just not in the way he was thinking

it is in the way he was thinking

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

VitalSigns posted:

Can you prove both parties are corrupt. Do you have video of Democrats looking into the camera and saying "thank you for this bribe"

[laughs senator menendezishly]

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

VitalSigns posted:

Oh yeah but I think Democrats care way more about destroying third parties than beating Trump.

I think even if you Jedi mindmelded proof into their brains that laying off Kennedy would undercut Trump and help Biden win they would still go hard on RFK with everything they have because their power depends on being "the only alternative to Republicans that can win" and a strong third party campaign takes that away from them.

I fully admit this is just my surface impression and I'd love it if someone collected that info

Jedi can't mind meld that's a Vulcan thing unless there's a Vulcan Jedi somewhere. kind of sounds epic tho...

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Toph Bei Fong posted:

They call it Force Bonding, and you don't even need to touch the other person's head to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PectM-XLkZM

trap sprung, Disney fan

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

usually if you want to sign your posts you can put your sig after the thing you're posting instead of before it, mcmagic

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

VoicesCanBe posted:

What the actual gently caress

What a broken loving state and country

say the line Bart meme purpose of a system is what it does . jpg

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Alanis Morissette voice]:

HallelujahLee posted:

thank you north korea

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao

Maybe you’re driving down the road and you see a MAGA bumper sticker. Here’s what my, I mean, a hypothetical, inner narrator might record. Hum, eyes tightening into a scowl, jaw clenching. Oh, there’s a thought, “What a dumbass that guy is.” And sarcasm, “Thanks for helping destroy democracy, you braindead moron.” Oh, and there’s a feeling, anger mixed with, what is that, hopelessness? Sadness? Oh, and now, stepping back, laughing at himself for going into attack mode. Sending a blessing of peace and friendship to the MAGA driver. Now, pissed off again. Engaging self-talk, “Oh, my, there I go again.”

mindfulness as pmc lib performance coaching is one of the most aids things ever invented outside of actual aids

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Vim Fuego posted:

I’m currently posting "Tmurp. lmao." My heart and thoughts are racing because I’m having another oh-poo poo-what-if -Trump-gets back-in anxiety attack. That motherfucker has cost me and millions of others countless shitposts

it is may 4th, 2024 . I am posting tmurp lmao. It is February 2nd, 2016. I am posting tmurp lmao. It is November 10th, 2020. I am posting tmurp lmao. It is January 6th, 2021. I am posting tmurp lmao

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

My fringe opinion is that it was better as a "mystery of the week" show

:wrong:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Dr. Killjoy posted:

meme-magicked brain worms into existence, guess the trump thread achieved /pol/ levels of shamanic savantry

You cannot stop us
We have this lathe
You post now
Are you afraid?
Death to America
Death to Israel
Allah is great

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

hadji murad posted:

got to be more specific

Leto II is what America deserves

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

biceps crimes posted:

That might be the worst thing Eggman's ever posted

so far

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Joe Biden

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Gorson posted:

Pleated-pants lanyard dipshit dems would never understand this (how could they?) but you don't interrupt actual working people when they're working. They hate that poo poo. When I'm working with a client I make it very clear I want to do it on their time and not interrupt their work because I understand the psychosis of the modern working environment. People are under extreme pressure because their livelyhood is at stake, again how could dems understand this.

that's not real because everyone is experiencing the bliss derived from pursuing one's passion and never working a day in one's life

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/status/1790372117747302684

The liberal worldview made explicit. Politicians (besides Trump of course) have no power or ability to impact anything. Everything comes down to the decisions of voters on a purely individual level.

it's very fun that he thinks he's advocating for democracy and against fascism by declaring that there's a correct and incorrect way to vote and that the voters for the other candidate deserve consequences lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that would be the one thing imo that could win him the election. his whole thing is having bad things happen to him and be like "ahh, i miss ya, bud. i'm gonna soldier on for both of us." he should be getting the justice department to like guarantee Hunter is getting locked up lol

he is

worked into a shoot etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

accurate use of "our failed approach". you suck joe.