Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
It's all dragon Ball z. Dragon, dragon, rock the dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I know the way they render the characters means alt outfits are a lot more work, but I wish they had different costumes instead of recolors. Then again, Toriyama goes the whole series without letting the characters wear a different set of clothes, so gently caress it.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

what are you talking about, there are so many options available

goku (roshi symbol gi), goku (kami symbol gi), goku (king kai symbol gi), and goku (whis symbol gi) are all completely different!

a variant for each of these for undershirt or no undershirt

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Give Android 16 a Terminator outfit

*E* Piccolo looks like Sagat size vs these Saiyans, I always forget he's like twice Vegeta's height

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Jedah posted:

Krillin called Android 18 "Babe" exactly one time, then spent the rest of the month sleeping on the couch

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Roshi's old man tactics were great, I agree, but I sorta wish Monstrous Tengu-form U4 kid used some beam to fight back the Kamehameha instead of getting wrecked while using completely useless lightning

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

We can joke about Nappa being in the game, but you could easily put together a move list for him. Lightning aura, mouth cannon, his finger-thing he used to blow up the city. Give him Oozaru form if noone else has it. Saibaman summons.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Tae posted:

Napp's Giant Storm was literally one of the best moves in Xenoverse 1. So much that they had to nerf how energy attacks worked on the sequel.

Giant Storm and Explosive Demon Wave were all I ever used. The enemy AI didn't seem to know how to block them.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

If Piccolo had started using the Mafuba to solve all their problems, Gero would come out with two to nine Evil Containment Wave variation androids who could dump the whole planet into a mini fridge.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Frost raging out at being thrown aside at the end was a lot like Freeza's rage after Goku spares him cut in half on Namek.

I think Frost was pretty cool (nice) and having his story end with such finality is a nice change of pace

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

The Awesomesaurus posted:

So he wasn't DB's Superman after all, he was DB's All Might.

Kinda felt like that already when his punch slammed the slime guy away with air pressure

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Horse, Weed, Ultra Instinct

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Kithkar posted:

Yeah but Monaka is clearly beerus loving with Goku to motivate him. I’m wondering if there’s a real someone stronger.

I wanted to believe Beerus knew of someone stronger, but it's awful dumb if he didn't call him in for the Tournament of Power.

Maybe the strongest guy he fought is long dead, or he really did mean Whis.

or toriyama just threw that line out there and it doesnt mean anything gently caress this

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

wait how the HFIL did Kami even know the Mafuba

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__t8WrkxhvM

Frieza is just here to have a good time. Good for him.

Frieza is truly living his best life. It took a few tries, but he got there.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I'm sort of into this one. He looks like a bad guy from some other anime.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Piccolo actually knocked someone out by using Hellzone Grenade, so anything is possible!

Yeah but that only failed the first time against 17's barrier, which I think has blocked everything he's ever used it against perfectly.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I figure Old Kai knew about Zeno, and post-Buu saga Shin got caught up on a lot of stuff.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

17 was great in that ep. I can't believe they made him the best character.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

My question is what the kids birthday would be.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Piccolo to both

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Is Kirby a Majin??

https://twitter.com/tirkaro/status/953634617076146176

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Sindai posted:

I laughed when I thought Toppo hit Frieza with a rock to add insult to injury, then laughed again when it turned out to be 17.

He's really outdone himself this arc. The writer(s) clearly adore him.

My favorite is how 17 in fights, especially this episode, will just up and start running away from poo poo like a Regular rear end Dude in over his head.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

one of the first things raditz says to goku is "you look just like our father" so to be fair that's not wrong

pretty wholesome considering everything that happens after

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I can't loving believe the Tournament of Power is going to end with Goku Blanco vs Jiren

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

They said it in a magazine somewhere, it never came up in the show. I think all three of those guys were supposed to be GT references?

Yeah the big guy kinda looked like General Rildo. You know. Rildo. Everyone's favorite villain.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

a neat cape posted:

They wouldn't have enough Saiyans to unlock the initial Super Saiyan God form so everyone would die

Nah Vegito would count as two Saiyans for the ritual so they'd just have to do the God ritual on like, Goten instead

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Whole episode owned, couldn't have wished for more. Freeza and UNDISPUTED MVP 17 working together was great, Freeza and Goku even better. A real shame it's the end of the series (for now) when there's actually a lot of potential plot on the table.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Kithkar posted:

You know looking at that, I'm reminded that my wish of "universe 7's ace in the hole" as they called it from the preview just being goku flying headfirst at him actually came true after all.

Alt ending, Goku yells "Throw me at him!" at Freeza and punches through Jiren's chest

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

TheHan posted:

Whatever song played during the Majin Buu and Basil fight is one of my favorites. It felt jazzy and new for Dragonball and I kinda wish Universe 9 had stuck around a bit longer so it got used more.

Edit: This one. Listening to it again they actually used it all the loving time. The first time just stuck out to me.

I really like that one, it's got parts of what I like about the original and 90s american soundtracks.

A personal fave from Super is A Fearsome Foe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOajeHAZpQg but that's mostly from it playing when Jiren goes against Goku the first round and starts beating his rear end

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Jiren changed their direction by being really strong, it wasn't flying. Same way he was stronger than time against Hit.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Rudoku posted:

There's some things you just don't say, even as a joke. White Mage Trunks is almost GT-caliber.

The way it actually plays out is dumb, but I really like the ideas that becoming a Kai's official apprentice gives you magic healing powers due to arbitrary celestial reasons. And that Shin had no idea it would.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbf goku does the same thing and vegeta never really makes things worse by doing that in the saiyan/freeza saga

Vegeta mostly gets a bad rap for making things worse from letting Cell go perfect and being mostly responsible for releasing Buu.

Would Goku have let Cell go perfect if he was the first one out of the chamber? Maybe. Probably? He'd want to fight a stronger Cell but he probably wouldn't want Cell killing/absorbing people to do it?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

The Saiyan race became extremely strong after surviving near-extinction level damage

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Larryb posted:

I believe Trunks (both kid and adult versions) has a different VA than either Vegeta or Bulma as well (correct me if I'm wrong though).

Can you imagine Trunks with a Vegeta voice, yeesh

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's because the buff happened later into the tournament; that's about it. super is very inconsistent about this stuff. say what you will about power levels in dbz, but it was always clear who was stronger and why

Any time power levels seem off in the ToP it's because one or more of the combatants were Conserving Stamina

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I think Vegeta was bluffing, and couldn't really have blown up the Earth with that Galick Gun. He probably believed he could though.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

within fiction, it's pretty wild that 17 can match up with Super Saiyan Blue. like, does that mean that as of when Beerus first showed up, 17 would have given him a better run for his money? he would have beaten Golden Frieza?

or like, how strong was he during the whole Majin Buu thing?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Covok posted:

I just realized DBM never just did a universe where Gohan loved fighting and academics and became the strongest, smartest being in his universe.

God DBM sucks.

DBM's universes are largely precipitated by a single change causing the timeline to diverge, and Gohan being a nerd is too firm a universal standard to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

VJeff posted:

So when everybody tells you that this is a stupid post, is that gonna make this an echo chamber?

I'm just trying to figure out the difference between "Echo Chamber" and "A lot of people disagree with me, possibly because I am, in fact, wrong."

fart