Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Carl Seitan posted:

You don't watch Super then. He's clearly the main villain, which is why The Pride Troopers from U11 want to annihilate him for Great Justice.

The pride troopers are gonna have some hidden secret like they get all their power from eating people that their universes Buu has turned into chocolate. Calling it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Spiritus Nox posted:

Kale's alright, but Caulifla owns and I hope she gets past Super Saiyan 2 before the tournament's up. I also loving love that all the reasons R/Dragong Ball dorks are going to hate her are the exact same reasons Goku was having a loving blast fighting her. Seriously, I love how impressed he is with how easily she transforms. "Wait, wow, you figured out SSJ2 just like that! Oh wow that's rad! Think you can make it to three?"

The only thing that could make them rage more is when she figures out SSJ4 all by herself before this tournament is over.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Manatee Cannon posted:

hosed up thing about it is, I bet goku still thinks ss3 is good

What if Goku's new form is combining the ki control of blue with the extra power of SSJ3?

For whatever reason his hair will now be purple.

Edit: And fabulous.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 1, 2017

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Ryaomon posted:

it's been 9 minutes over the course of 6 episodes. I hate Dragon Ball time.

I love how after 7-8 minutes the Grand Priest announced that this was when the real battle started with all the lovely guys knocked out.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Did Gohan just no-sell Botamo's ability to no-sell attacks??

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm glad Gohan didn't job again, and I'm even more glad Piccolo actually got to beat a guy without Gohan coming in to rescue his dad. I hope he gets a lot more fights in the future

I can't believe the hellzone grenade actually worked, especially a few minutes after 17 stopped Su Roas's version of it the same way he did Piccolo's.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

lezard_valeth posted:

Like 3 different people this episode told Goku not to drop down his guard.

Who wanna bet next fight he immediately drops down his guard?

We saw him get sucker punched by Bugs in the preview already

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Dias posted:

I was 100% sure Piccolo would get faked out and hurt after his Hellzone Grenade too. Dragon Ball: we're surprised when non-Saiyan attacks work.

Also Goku keeps getting hosed in every single fight. Almost got squeezed outta the ring, almost got tornado'd to death and now almost ate a budget Hellzone Grenade.

I thought he was going to instant transmission out of the hellzone grenade, rather than 17 pulling off a repeat of his android barrier. Its nice that these things are unpredictable.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

JDRockefeller posted:

I just realized, where or who is U1?

It's the one with the furby GoD and the kai that is basically pink Shin. It has the highest mortal level and is exempt.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

What was this image?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

He's clearly wearing two

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I'd like to point out that the child twin gods of all couldn't see the attacks, seems a pretty blatant hint that they've got some massive vulnerabilities.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

tbp posted:

im fairly sure god is not faster than blue, i think its just faster than regular SS

This is what the episode said, and that blue was an extra burst of speed and power over ssg.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

HGH posted:

How is it replacing purple?

What a weird way to spell "Legendary SSJ radioactive green".

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

khwarezm posted:

I think a funny twist would be that Shin gets killed in front of the main cast by some new enemy and Beerus thinks his time is up, but nothing happens because his life link is actually to Buu since Buu absorbed the Grand Supreme Kai but technically didn't kill him.

Bonus points for Beerus realizing he came horrifyingly close to accidentally committing suicide when fighting Buu back during the pudding incident.

There's still always Old Kai, if the link could transfer back as some kind of fail-safe.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

a cartoon duck posted:

Does that One Thing/Dragon Ball Super promo thingamajig mean we'll get Goku's obligatory new form in two weeks? Somehow feels a bit early for that.

The new form is in October, not September, so its in 6 weeks from now.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

NutritiousSnack posted:

Goku is going to word the wish wrong and bring back all the universes Zeno killed, including an extremely powerful evil one, that he Goku will need to take on personally

He'll refer to the wrong Zeno and bring back Zamasuverse.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jiren is the Brolly of U11.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

BizarroAzrael posted:

It will probably come up in the tournament, a rival GoD will try to lawyer up a DQ, before the Zenos rule they are in fact "neat".

The Pride Troopers had an obvious cyborg so I don't see how the androids will be an issue.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

What if that's actually Gohan?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TFRazorsaw posted:

Here's a question:

if you cut piccolo in half, symmetrically, which side regenerates?

Neither, you've cut his head in half and therefor killed him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm pretty sure his head got smashed when Trunks knocked him over when he turned to stone.

No he didn't. That was when he told them his head is the necessary body part for regeneration.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ImpAtom posted:

Man, how awkward would it have been if Trunks really did accidentally murder Piccolo.

He could go train with Pikkon while waiting for them to wish him back, don't see the problem here.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Kurui Reiten posted:

It literally doesn't, they go out of their way to hold back on it until Vegeta just swings and vaporizes it. The only similarity is that you can "hide" your strength level by pulling your punch.

They mean if they grade on the same scale, because power levels are a universal constant obviously.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

https://i.imgur.com/Pp9gWOk.mp4

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Kashuno posted:

That would make literally no sense, but we've heard worse theories of DBS so

Their justice poo poo feels like a huge sham already though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh my loving god Vegeta, even motherfucking Freeza gave some energy to the spirit bomb, what the gently caress's your excuse

Someone had to guard against Princess hypocrite

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Augus posted:

you didn't even mention Freeza trolling Frost by showing him how to use the completely useless buff form and telling him to use it as soon as possible for maximum efficiency

I do wonder if it was a "test" in the same way that he was testing Gohan with the first blow in their spar, or if he had already decided Frost was an incompetent useless embarrassment of his race.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Kild posted:

The wiki says:

So does that mean there should be another supreme kai growing?

Hopefully Kaioshin remembered to water him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Black August posted:

I'm not entirely sure right now that the Grand Priest would be hostile to Zamasu and his works, because what's happening right now is exactly what Zamasu wanted.

No, I think he'd have wanted just the ninjin's erased, not the universes themselves.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Fartbox posted:

Monaka was a joke. Then the joke was over

You won't want to look at these spoilers then:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

https://i.imgur.com/DoEzBQR.gifv

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Electric Phantasm posted:

How long do you think the Jiren fight will last?

Probably about 5 minutes.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ImpAtom posted:

http://dbfg.japeal.com/?p1=88&p2=79&c=1

I kind of unironically like this design.

It doesn't change the URL in your address bar automatically, you've got to copy the link from below. You're just posting the same as whoever's link you clicked on last.

Edit: Monster Carrot is AMAZING as the left side

pik_d fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 29, 2017

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

The first one doesn't work, in fact any fusion with Cell's 1st form shows an error that the image can't load.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Current leaderboard:

Really points out how little we have left now, with next episode having U4 take on U7, what is U3 even doing right now

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Stallion Cabana posted:

you mean an actual kid like Genos?

Genos is 19 and kills tons of monsters so I think he's more prepared to witness universal non-existence than most. His dumbass universe 3 is getting cleared out though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TrilliontonNixon posted:

So U3's probably getting axed next episode, and unless they pull some really amazing poo poo that'll leave U7 with five or six people to U11's three. Which means there's no reason at all for Goku to fight Jiren anymore. If he, or Vegeta for that matter, does then they'll be putting their entire universe at risk purely for their own satisfaction.

Have you metwatched Goku or Vegeta though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If Jiren is a fighter with a real clever gimmick we've not seen which requires an interesting solution, that could work for a clean victory. If he's just One Punch Alien and just a straight beast, it'd be lame.

The odds of him having a gimmick seem very distant at this point.

Frieza tickles him with his tail, Jiren reverts to his Jaco form and is easily dealt with.