Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Declan MacManus posted:

baylor becomes the first men’s basketball program to win a title and cover up a murder in the same century

You mean attempt to cover up a murder. We don’t know how many programs successfully covered up a murder in the 1900’s. Lots of fixing games with the mob back then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/jaypo1961/status/1422262795454799881
Here's the story so far:
1. Howard Moore, longtime assistant coach for Wisconsin men's basketball, gets into a horrible car accident summer 2019. Alando Tucker, the Badger all-time career points leader who was in a student development position in the athletic department, agrees to fill in under short notice.
2. Kobe King leaves the program early 2020, makes a parting comment to Gard it wasn't about the strength coach using that racial word. Strength coach is fired, when it comes to light that the players that heard it informed Tucker who chose to keep it to himself.
3. Somehow, with no rhyme or reason, the team goes 9-1 and finishes with a share of the Big 10 title.
4. Pandemic.
5. Barry Alvarez announces his retirement, and Tucker is part of the search committee for the next athletic director.
6. During the entire 2020-21 season, Tucker attempts to undermine Gard in an effort to get himself promoted to head coach.
7. Part of that undermining is the leak of a closed locker room meeting between the senior class and Gard, which Tucker was suspected of releasing.
8. Tucker's not retained for this upcoming season.
9. I wish for the hutzpah of someone thinking after a year of coaching basketball at the college level thinking "Oh yeah, here's how I can get promoted." I would be unstoppable.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

your average big ten has three thirty year olds on them

who's the annual purdue or iowa or wisconsin player that's been there for six years in 2021?

Brad Davison babeee, only player on the team to want to go to King Street bars!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

HOW THE gently caress IS BRAD DAVISON STILL PLAYING FOR WISCONSIN

Because when everyone got a COVID year it was clear the funnier option was only Davison comes back out of the 6 seniors. And lo!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Holy poo poo Wisconsin came back from a 22 point deficit in the first half to beat Indiana. I don't understand what I saw.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Abugadu posted:

Badgers just looking solid this week.

An alley OOP? In MY Kohl Center?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

If they’re going to beat Wisconsin they should also beat Illinois to make things fair.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

"With cause" is a coupon code

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Pretty sure people say gently caress Duke baseball too.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

It's really cool that's a 6 game series. I'd say those are the two most reliable CBB programs that don't have a real strong in-conference rival, so you can get some real strong animosity and competitive games going in November/ December.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I can honestly say that American Family Field is a better place to watch a basketball game than Ryan Field is to watch a football game.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I would absolutely love for the Wisconsin men's basketball team that has played in a baseball stadium to have one normal loving game.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't know about basketball, but DePaul was pretty wild as an institution, at one point the guy in charge was obsessed with tigers and kept blowing University money on tiger sanctuaries.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2004-03-14-0403140358-story.html what the gently caress

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

The Milwaukee Bucks Rim Rockers did the halftime show at the Kohl Center and Bango broke the rim and it was the funniest goddamn thing I have ever seen.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

A hearty congratulations to all my fellow Wisconsin season tickets holders for defeating Grambling State's $34 ticket price with news of the game's cancellation.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I have to watch Wisconsin at Illinois, you don't.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'M FIRED UP ABOUT THE GODDAMN WILD CATS BABY

The kind of posting Boo Buie deserves

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'm going to be in Austin the week of 1/29 for work and I thought about seeing Baylor play at Texas on 1/30, but the cheapest tickets I can find are $100. Not paying that much for two teams I don't root for. If anyone knows of a cheaper place to get tickets, let me know. Maybe if I just wait until the last minute I can get something that's not super expensive.

For a single ticket, I wouldn't really look until two or three days before the game. You don't want the tickets that haven't been bought yet, you want the last minute "something came up and I can't find anyone" prices.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Hell is having 3 Badger basketball games in 6 days to close out dry January.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

For the rest of the season I'm going to treat Wisconsin basketball like going to the zoo. I hope to see something cool, but I'm not relying on them to do anything while I'm watching.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

In November 2017 when Wisconsin's back court ran their knees into each other during practice, I knew we were going to lose a bunch but I could just watch Ethan Happ work in the post. He was doing cool poo poo to get buckets in a losing effort, but at least watching him be a living reference to 1960's post moves was fun enough. Now, I think we're going to lose and nobody's remotely entertaining enough to be worth the cost of admission.

Compounding matters, the Kohl Center production is tiring. Going from MAKE SOME NOOIIZE dubstub at the end of timeouts to get hyped for watching crisp chest passing around the 3 point line for the entirety of the shot clock just doesn't line up. We need an in-arena acoustic folk band, not a DJ.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

The only decided race is for player of the year, the leader of your regular season Big 10 champs, Boo Buie.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I’d say incredibly easy for Wednesday and Thursday and maybe even Friday morning games. You might have some more people than usual because it’ll be the first one in the Twin Cities, but I went to the 2017 B1G tournament in DC. The only real packed game was Friday evening, Maryland against Northwestern.

I recommend it, too. It’s fun to hobnob with other Big 10 basketball sickos, have beers at the game, and bitch about the refs. I remember talking with some strangers that “yup, my dad and I have been to every conference tournament for the last bunch of years. So glad it’s in DC, we’ve been to Kansas City so many times.”

Yup. He was a Nebrasketball fan.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

So how does the NIT work? Do I need to bring a dish to pass? What’s the parking situation?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

it's an ohio state conference game, by rule it has to be really stupid

Checks out.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

The Piper posted:

It's Boo Buie Happy Hour time

Fellow Boo Bird checkin in

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

elentar posted:

anyways there's basically nothing you can gently caress up with this bracket so let's see how the NCAA manages to anyway
Funny you say that:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/ncaa-tournament-2023-wisconsin-badgers/

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

The wildest part of the NIT is Wisconsin won three straight games and they were all enjoyable!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Congrats to Boo Buie for defeating Purdue once again

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

We'll find out really quickly in the next week if Wisconsin is actually A Legit Threat, they're at Michigan State and Arizona over the next week.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Wisconsin won at the Breslin. That game against Providence feels like last year’s team played it.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Hell yeah Boo Buie taking it to Tom Izzo you love to see it.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Boo Buie has a chance to do the funniest thing today.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Abugadu posted:

There is nothing that a Wisconsin team won't do, no matter the sport, to piss away a top ten ranking immediately.

Nineteen point lead! loving cokc!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

AND AS PURDUE TAKES THE COURT THE ENTIRE KOHL CENTER REMINDS THEM OF THEIR LOSS AT NORTHWESTERN BY CHANTING BOOOOOOOOOOOO buie

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

elentar posted:

Badgers looking to go 0-for-February

need to have a seance in the Nebraska away locker room to get rid of whatever demons took over

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Let my posting history show I am a longtime supporter of Boo Buie and his efforts against the Canadian ogre Zach Edey.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Kibner posted:

go boo buie

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

oh she hit him with the hover heart hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Ehh, that’s been pretty standard to roll over all the coaches contracts for another year. If anything else changes that’d be interesting.